Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squared Sphere, IC. Turn 2  (Read 1283 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Squared Sphere, IC. Turn 2
« on: June 12, 2018, 01:57:06 pm »

And thus, the first elder gods came upon the world, sticking their tendrils within and forming their avatars...

The First to the world was "Boq'Qurr Yet'El" Who arrived in (1)North america, a land bound to a Major God known as "The great spirit", they appeared (9)secretly away in the view of a small cult, who dropped to their knees in warship.

Next came Acter, Whom landed in (4)Africa, A continent Split between several Pantheons of Minor gods. His arrival is (12) Also fairly well hidden, with only one small tribe who by majority fall to his will finding him.

Following quickly came Mother Quallia, who fell upon (3)Asia, A land controlled by a Celestial Bureaucracy, and headed by a Major god Known as "The Dragon Emperor". Her arrival was (16) fairly average, being harbored by what seemed to be a single meteor, but which struck one man with a passion for her.

Finally, Lagging behind the rest followed Blarg, who ended up (1)Following Boq to north america, And was before( 8 ) Several mortals who dropped to their knees in fear.

Spoiler: Boq'Qurr Yet'El (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Acter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mother Quallia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blarg (click to show/hide)
OOC
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:34:30 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Squared Sphere, IC.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 02:02:49 pm »

*bows*
Hail to you all. I am Acter Nobody, weaver of stories, architect of the unseen and unreal. Who are you, and who is your leader?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 02:03:07 pm »

PTW
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 02:22:59 pm »

Song of Despair

My world bleeds out, surrounding this dying mortal shell.

"Hatred, Anguish, Suffering. Do you not feel?"

"These are the Souls of the downtrodden, those well-off. All feel this way."

"Every day, someone wishes for Death, but None Answer."

"But in Death, all will be Equal. A World of Peace."

"Will you not help me achieve Humanities' Fondest Wish?"

"As I thought. We shall achieve a Golden Age together. The Final One, Utopia."

Use Essentia to craft him into my image. Perfect in every way. Unaging. Living.
A machine's workings, such as the peak of human science can achieve.

Oh, he will still look the same most of the time. But in his heart, he will serve Humanities' Will.

Humanities' Savior.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:31:05 pm by TricMagic »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 03:33:46 pm »

"Hi there I'm Blarg." He stands there for a second looking over the people in front of him. "Why are you all on your knees and freaking out, I haven't come to do anything evil or to kill anyone. I can assure you that I'm a nice guy that just wants to make things better for everyone."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 08:34:48 pm »

"It was... It was a Nexus.  A nexus of all the damned from across the lands. Like a sirens call they silently prepared, they enraptured all the supplies they needed and abandoned the rest of their mortal possessions when it would not serve them. Then, they came. A flock under Yet'El, they had come to the middle of nowhere, A cosp of trees surrounding a cave in a deep and verdant forest.

Then it came forward.  It looked... I don't know, royal. Beautiful. It saw me from afar, and it said one word to me, and I listened.

"FORWARD."

My mind reeled from the raw presence it held, and I walked forward into the presence of the Damned and their flock leader. It looked over me, like a piece of meat, but I was judged worthy, and I was held benefit of re-molding. My journal and its pen were what she needed me for, and I would be her writer."
-The Writer

One is brought into the cult as the Writer, the human who will write all he can for his God with 10 U of Fear.
The God's Will
"In the moments after it had given me direction, the rest of the Men present had been commanded to survive. I heard the echoes of its voice into other peoples minds, but it did not whisper this to me. The God left into... Her... Her castle, and it did not return for another year. I was left to write for her, but others fed me, gave me their pens and papers for me to journalize our God they had built a mighty fortress out of felled trees around her castle-cave, taking care to keep trees above us and chopping the wood far away. They had dug hovels into the ground and made their homes underground, burrowing like ants into the dirt as I drew pictures of the ants with our god watching. I think she was pleased by this. Before she had returned...Her voice echoes again through out the community, it was filled with a haugh-th-ness ness that was fit for the god, I think.

BRING OTHERS.

And so, the community got some Others. Poor bastards and persons of opportunity, all brought together in preparation for the next year, for when she had left her glorious castle. I'm excited."[/font]
-The Writer

The Flock is commanded to build a community, and then to capture individuals and hold them for the next time. 100 U is spent for the community to be hidden from all, while 60 is subtly empowering the followers in their hunt.
The God's Will

Perhaps it would be wise to consolidate our resources, bring our shadow campaigns together and act as a little bit of a more united force? It'd certainly be more interesting.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:23:45 am by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 10:14:53 pm »

Ptw.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 11:32:01 am »

Acter
They are the "Mbuzi ya mto" tribe, and are- were lead by their shaman, he left recently to convene with the spirits and since you came here he must not be coming back.

Mother Quallia
[1]they attempt to change the man through the use of Essentia, make him perfect... and she succeeds, twisting him to his core, bending him until he seems to be man, yet is unseen a machine, changed far from his base form in ways no normal man would see, and most Minor Gods would miss at a glance, made stronger, smarter, faster, more perfect...

Blarg
The people keep on freaking out, babbling about Serving you, eventually they calm down and wander home.

Boq'Qurr Yet'El
One was brought into the followers of boq, his mind twisted by the energy of 10 fear, molded to best fit with the others, Following that the community is set to forcibly gather people from the surrounding area, 100 fear burns into the universe once more, shifting the community out of view, hiding it beyond the veil of those who don't know of Boq- while it yet holds, while 60 fear helps strengthen the hunt of the followers...

World turn
North America
The Kidnappings: [10] The cult of Boq reaches out, catching many people in the surrounding area, and thanks to the dark blessing they bear, catching the many many who would have otherwise escaped.
Asia
The Slow slog of decay: All around Quallia, the area of Asia has begun to shift and twist, in the minds of those who survive there it has not changed at all, but those who lie outside her influence, or whom only spend a short time there, it is a horrifying change...
A dragon Starts to awaken: Within his court, for the first time in many many century, the Dragon Emperor starts to awaken, awaken to the sound of the gears of bureaucracy grinding towards a stop...
Africa
A mishap upon the road: as the shaman walks along the winding path, to the place his gods met with him, he feels it; a spark of indigent anger, the spark of his gods burning upon him, and as his face turns to fear, he dropped to his death, his brain boiled out his ears...

Spoiler: Boq'Qurr Yet'El (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Acter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mother Quallia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blarg (click to show/hide)
OOC
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 04:03:59 pm »

"Go now, and enlist in your military. Become a Hero of the People, and rise to great renown."

"Be Humble in your actions, and hardworking."

"And whenever an opportunity arises, bring Peace{Death, Ruin, Conflict} to other kingdoms."

For now I must gather my power. Hmm...

I shall use my Essentia to craft Qualia.

These shall be placed within young girls' hearts, Maidens{Witches} who long to save others. Pure of Heart.

For now, I craft a "Water Qualia", one of Healing and Water.

So long as she Sings with her Purity of Heart, her magic, the "Water Qualia", will respond.
And should she die, she will join me here, and the Qualia will move to a new host.

Of course, should she enter true despair, and wish for everything to stop, to die. I shall grant her wish.

Let us see what actions these young maidens take. Will they sink into despair, or craft kingdoms throughout their lives.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:10:03 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Squared Sphere, IC. Turn 2
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 04:19:02 pm »

*looks out to the distance*
...no. No, I suppose they will not.
Hmn.
What other tribes reside in this area?

Acter will strategize with the military and diplomatic leaders of this tribe on how best to unite the nearby tribes under their banner; 100 Fear will be used to bolster this effort. He will also use some of his Essentia - 2 of it - to imbue into the most spiritual of his tribe the narrative essence of the Saintly Church.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:39:18 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 09:15:10 pm »

2 Essentia is burnt. The Maze of the Castle of Glory is created.

It is a set of impossible and byzantine corridors to those who the God Deems it be. A place where emotional power is drained from those trapped inside. Those who enter it are almost assuredly dead, usually from the others trapped in the cave, but those who do leave are welcomed to the Cult underBor'Qurr Yet'el's name. The few who leave the maze are often survivors, leaders, soldiers, and Infiltrators, and the chaff is fed to their god.

"It was a day of celebration. The cages were filled with the Others, and they were fed to the caves, not to her Palace, but to her Maze. It twists inside my gut to hear them scream and I have come to truly grow fear at my caretakers. They take it seriously, a day where the Others are fed into the Cave for the hope of a better future, and the sheer joy I feel from the others is absolutely terrifying. They gave all of our Others to the maze.

It took them only a few weeks for the first to leave the maze, but the terror-filled screams are still echoing from the cave, and I can hear it, even from miles away during my trek to get away disguised as an attempt to draw the wildlife. They seem twisted now, so very strange that I have drawn them. I do not want them here, so I have drawn a map of the area and I cast them east, Where no civilization is for a thousand miles. Hopefully that far away, the terror they would cause would not be traced to us. I hope.

--The Writer
100 Fear is spent on the monsters and wildlife of the nearby, and 30 Fear is to make them flee from this place, and to another where their terror may begin in 2 turns time.

"CARVE FOR THE WRITER."

Even though the Care-takers have been directed to continue their kidnappings with  Yet'els name, some have been given direction to Carve for me.  The undergrounds and the descent into the cave are now being filled with bas relief's of recent events, mostly of the celebration and our god, and her other creations. I've been receiving... visions, of the future.  We were not created by her. But she loves us all the same. Love, the only word that can attempt to define that emotion she harbors for us. She has a world, long, long and far away. She dreams of us going to that world and bringing our life to it and resurrecting it. Bringing her favored back to life so that all may be in bliss. It is a pleasant dream.

She has also commanded us to gather knowledge, information and everything there is to know of Industry, and reaching towards the stars.

--The Writer
The Cult is commanded to place the knowledge they know upon the walls of the Outer Castle, and to gather more for the Stars.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 07:34:12 am »

"Hay wait don't leave yet I have a question, what country are we in and where are we at in that country?"
Wait for an answer, if I can't get one go find some thing that can give me an answer. Then go and find a insane asylum or homeless shelter if an insane asylum can not be found and spend three of my Essentia to convince the people there be my followers.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?