Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 4.07.4- Recuitment not working.  (Read 1454 times)

tykavanaugh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
4.07.4- Recuitment not working.
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:57:32 am »

I've been playing around, and something is wrong. Whenever I arrange meeting, no matter how much juice for extra people the recruiter has, the meets just don't happen at all 90%ish percent of the time.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 4.07.4- Recuitment not working.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 05:03:07 pm »

What kind of group are you trying to recruit and what is the difficulty level?
Trying to find mutants when pollution is eradicated for example, is a bit of a challenge.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 08:41:25 pm »

What kind of group are you trying to recruit and what is the difficulty level?
Trying to find mutants when pollution is eradicated for example, is a bit of a challenge.
I think its's implied that the people they try to recruit are actually around, which wouldn't be the case in this scenario.

tykavanaugh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:51:36 pm »

It's not that. I will set up the meeting, and then it just doesn't happen.

Purple Gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 11:05:51 am »

*There are a few occasions, when meetings are automatically cancelled :
** The Recruiter is at the Hospital
** The Recruiter has been arrested
** The Recruiter is inside a besieged Safehouse

* When you talk with people about politics, this is not the same than aranging a meeting. Talking about politics has three possible outcomes :
** "Do you wan't to hear something Disturbing ? - No" The recruiter failed terribly. Other Squadmembers can try again, the recruitee stays on the level. No meeting sheduled
** "Do you wan't to hear something Disturbing ? - What - Blablabla - Whatever (turns away)" The recruiter failed closly. The recruitee stays on the level, but won't talk anymore. No meeting sheduled
** "Do you wan't to hear something Disturbing ? - What - Blablabla - This is disturbing ... <recruitee> aggrees to come by later tonight" The recruiter succeded. The recruitee is removed from the level, and a meeting is sheduled.

* If a recruiter has more than six meetings arranged, he may miss meetings. You get a notice about that.

* Does the time advance normally ? Every time you press 'W' in the safehouse menu, the day should advance. There is alway one recruitment attemp per day per recruitee, so if you wan't to retry without raiding something, you must simply press 'W'. Possible solutions why days don't advance :
** If the game crashes, you have to repeat the same day. (usually during elections)
** If a safehouse is raided, you can't wait, until the siege is resolved. Select the safehouse by pressing 'Z' until you find it, and then press 'F'
** If the time still doesn't advance, it may be a bug

tykavanaugh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 12:13:50 pm »

*There are a few occasions, when meetings are automatically cancelled :
** The Recruiter is at the Hospital
** The Recruiter has been arrested
** The Recruiter is inside a besieged Safehouse

Nope, nope and nope. The recruiter successfully talks to them, they agree to come by, I advance a day, and its like it never happens. I have tried every actions with the recruiter.

Aster11345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 01:03:36 pm »

This is the National LCS Revisited, right?
If so, then are you outside of the home city? Like where your game started? I dont think he actually ever got this bug fixed, but when you are outside of your home city, you can successfully persuade people to come to a meeting, but they won't show up.
This happened a lot, I suggest sticking to recruiting in your home turf.

*edit* Just tested 4.07.4, yes, it's just because you aren't in your home city, just go back to your home city and recruitment will work the same.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:01:31 pm by Aster11345 »