Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ☼Castlemarkets☼ - a Masterwork Human Fortress! Part seven - a promotion!  (Read 13752 times)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apart from a short time on an Orcish Fortress, I have never played Masterwork or 34.11 before. I am familiar with DF, certainly - but not MW. So, with that in mind, let us play a Human Fortress!

I will be genning a world soon, based on your votes! I don't know how to add a poll, so just reply with your votes please:

Should I have a: Savage, Neutral, or Good World? Should I activate the Fortress Defense races: none, easy, easy and medium, hard, or all? Poll over! I have used a formula to add the votes and found the average to be most easy and medium. The list is below.

I have enabled: Frogmen, Stranglers, Werewolves, Foul Blendecs, Serpentmen, White Tigermen, Beak Wolves, Ferric Elves, Badgermen, Pandashi and Raptormen.

My Medium world has: 1524 embark points, a very short history, medium savagery, civs and sites, no aquifers, frequent minerals and very high beasts. If you want to be humaned, give suggestions, or anything, please post.

That's it for now. :D

The Backstory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CITIZENS (all but two narrators available for adoption):
1) Umcos Inspuzoquoh - Miner/Mason/Carpenter
2) Uhos Mosnisam - Carpenter/Mason/Wood & Stone Crafting/Engraving
3) Kepfu "Meph" Lesnouso (Tanner's Guild) - Farmer/Brewer/Herbalist - claimed by Meph
4) Ecsha Quogubabla - Miner/Mason/Carpenter
5) Idil Romsuwu, Militia Commander - Swordsman/Armour & Shield User - 1 of the 2 narrators
6) Kawe Esmelapip, Bureaucrat, Caravan Leader - Gem Setter & Cutter/Judge of Intent/Appraiser - 1 of the 2 narrators
7) Gasom Musdatul - Weaponsmith/Armoursmith/Metalsmith/Metal Crafting - claimed by Kazymir

WAVE ONE:

1) Uci Ablispir, Bureaucrat - Metalsmith/Priest - claimed by LMeire
2) Kosha Quispeppimra - Milker/Fish Cleaner
3) Rislu Ngospokgush (Carpenter's Guild), Chief of Medicine - Wound Dresser/Bone Doctor
4) Urir "Ivan Mladic" Uvnoete - Recruited - claimed by cheesemcmuffin88
5) Iguk Xetanala - Recruited
DECEASED:

Null
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:23:14 pm by Illogical_Blox »
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
Re: A Masterwork Human Fortress played by a Masterwork noob!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 02:29:30 pm »

Savage
All
Let's make this interesting and brutal and ‼FUN‼.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:36:31 pm »

Good luck.

Keep in mind that you will end up living above ground. Securing that is much harder than an underground fort.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 05:35:49 pm »

Good luck.

Keep in mind that you will end up living above ground. Securing that is much harder than an underground fort.
Pff, all part of the !!FUN!! Meph!
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 07:27:57 pm »

Yes, !! will be quite fun, considering your entire fort is build around flameable grass.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 12:02:50 am »

good luck!!

>>none, easy, easy and medium, hard, or all?

I usually prefer, just a couple of the mediums.  The easy ones can actually make your life easier, because they can displace goblin and orc sieges. 

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 09:39:17 pm »

good luck!!

>>none, easy, easy and medium, hard, or all?

I usually prefer, just a couple of the mediums.  The easy ones can actually make your life easier, because they can displace goblin and orc sieges.
Cool; anyone else want to vote? Meph?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 10:24:39 pm »

Easy FD races, savage region (not the same as evil, savage just means large predators, not undeads). I wouldnt take evil regions, because not only is the rain ugly, but will also kill you, since all your humans run around outside most of the time.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 02:25:45 pm »

Easy FD races, savage region (not the same as evil, savage just means large predators, not undeads). I wouldnt take evil regions, because not only is the rain ugly, but will also kill you, since all your humans run around outside most of the time.
Nice. So far, savage and easy to medium races!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 02:34:46 pm »

Its generally considered good community/succession fortress form to put the name of your fort[Riverblocked, Incestpudding, Forestsyrups, etc] as the thread title, usually with "☼" enclosing it to denote that its a Masterwork Fortress. That said, I haven't seen very many Human playthroughs on Bay12, so this could be interesting.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 02:58:41 pm »

Its generally considered good community/succession fortress form to put the name of your fort[Riverblocked, Incestpudding, Forestsyrups, etc] as the thread title, usually with "☼" enclosing it to denote that its a Masterwork Fortress. That said, I haven't seen very many Human playthroughs on Bay12, so this could be interesting.
+1 (although he hasnt started yet, so obviously the name will have to wait)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 04:39:42 pm »

That better? I don't know how to do the gear symbols though...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: *Castlemarkets* - a Masterwork Human Fortress played by a Masterwork noob!
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 05:57:22 pm »

Just mark it, and copy paste it. Thats how I do it.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: *Castlemarkets* - a Masterwork Human Fortress played by a Masterwork noob!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 01:58:29 am »

Savage,  easy+medium races.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 01:10:36 pm »

That better? I don't know how to do the gear symbols though...
☼Alt + 15☼ (at least if you have a numpad on your keyboard)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4