Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: ☼Castlemarkets☼ - a Masterwork Human Fortress! Part seven - a promotion!  (Read 13751 times)

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the humaning(humanizing) IDK  Keep this up as always its awesome

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd be appreciative of being humaned. A Mechanic, for preference, or a Jeweler otherwise.
Well, do you want our free Blacksmith? He's pretty good at mechanisms by now, though he's in line to join the Smith's Guild. Or, I can recruit a peon from our ranks or migrants.

If the blacksmith is open, I'll take it! Thank you.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the humaning(humanizing) IDK  Keep this up as always its awesome
Thanks. I can't wait for his background!

I'd be appreciative of being humaned. A Mechanic, for preference, or a Jeweler otherwise.
Well, do you want our free Blacksmith? He's pretty good at mechanisms by now, though he's in line to join the Smith's Guild. Or, I can recruit a peon from our ranks or migrants.

If the blacksmith is open, I'll take it! Thank you.
Ok, he's yours! I look forward to everyone's journals.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Idil's journal - winter, year 6

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
While the civilians traded with the stumpies, I and my fellow warriors had a hunting session.

One of the birds was captured. Meph says it isn't trainable; pity. The rivers froze for a week or two, but we had alcohol. Kawe decided to build a Trader's Guild and the civilians began to move the equipment below ground, to protect from wandering thieves.

Also, what weirdo made sushi?!

Kawe joined the Guild apparently. It must have been some initiation, because I found him later wandering about wearing only a shoe.

15 Dark Stranglers came whooping over the horizon! I ordered the gates closed; but the hostiles began moving around the fort to attack a Fisherman! We were forced to engage. 14 hostiles were forcibly neutralised - one escaped. No human wounds, but some dogs were injured:

The one that got away - ha! Statues were commissioned to celebrate the event. Iguk killed four, his first kills. That fool Ivan was late (OOC: sorry cheese!), and killed none.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

These ridiculous stranglers, no better than 4 armed monkeys... how dare they attack us!
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oi weres the fight at? Your kidding i missed it. Damn it! Well good jobs my friends let us toast your success and drink vodka long in to the night.

(OCC: Could we get our characters profiles & relationships might make it easier to make stuff happen)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

These ridiculous stranglers, no better than 4 armed monkeys... how dare they attack us!
Indeed!

Oi weres the fight at? Your kidding i missed it. Damn it! Well good jobs my friends let us toast your success and drink vodka long in to the night.

(OCC: Could we get our characters profiles & relationships might make it easier to make stuff happen)

OK!

I'll just give yours for now (all that training has made him a right hunk!):

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is extremely strange. My dwarf shares many physical and mental attributes with my IRL self. Including hating almost everyone he meets and spending more time with his dogs then other people. Interesting? If only my beard and stache were long enough to be braided and if my hair was long enough for a pony tail I would actually be Ivan great job selecting my "Human".  ;D

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is extremely strange. My dwarf shares many physical and mental attributes with my IRL self. Including hating almost everyone he meets and spending more time with his dogs then other people. Interesting? If only my beard and stache were long enough to be braided and if my hair was long enough for a pony tail I would actually be Ivan great job selecting my "Human".  ;D
Its not that he hates everyone, its that he was almost instantly conscripted and sparring doesn't count as talking time. Sadly. So, you're really strong?

Must admit, he is HIDEOUS - he has bulging, far-set eyes and a hooked nose. He looks like a troll, to be honest.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the diary of Kawe, spring of year 7

Well, Meph's continued to work on that Giant Hedgehog; he's compling all of his data, he claims.

How did that feline achieve this feat when we have no male? One can only assume the traders brought a male, and though confined, it achieved its goals.

That man's bite is terrifyingly strong, though I would never admit it. The vile apes struck me in the chest with... excrement.

In the mean time, something released the emu, and the militia struck it down near the north gate. Those statues are slathered in blood now. Also, at our smiths' insistence, a Smith's Guild was built.

Idil's skill in Fightingg is prodigious enough to be noted in our legends - he has chosen an odd honorific name.

Iguk has elevated himself to the skill of a Royal Bladman. Impressive, though he's still a blade monkey to me.

Ye gods! The Dark Stranglers are back!

30 or so, in two squads, each headed by an Elite Wrestler. Our militia headed out to obliterate and rout them.

Our *whisper* brave boys.

The Elite Wrestler of this squad went down in a single stroke.

He is strong. Interesting.

Heavens! The second squad are approaching our undefended north gate!

The north gate and Trade Depot have received a baptism of blood. However, a pox on those fools! Four or so Stranglers entered the fortress and chased us and all livestock out the front gate! Fortunately, they were too frightened to pay us attention.

Sadly, one of the worse hurt war dogs has died. I believe she attacked the Peregrine.

Iguk now has a name. We also have a captured Strangler, in the trap I ordered constructed over the river!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Nice update, thanks for having lots of pictures.

SlyStalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Always angry, all the time
    • View Profile

Riveting story so far. Could I be humanised? In order of preference: Iguk, a squad Sergeant, a trainee soldier or weaponsmith if there's one available. Failing that, any lowly peasant will do.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 06:03:10 am by SlyStalker »
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice update, thanks for having lots of pictures.
S'ok - now looking at it, I realize that there are a LOT of pictures in that update.
Riveting story so far. Could I be humanised? In order of preference: Iguk, a squad Sergeant, a trainee soldier or weaponsmith if there's one available. Failing that, any lowly peasant will do.
Iguk is fine! You can be the other sword monkey.  :P

The next update will be delayed, due to another community fort I haven't posted yet and D&D shennanigans.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the diary of Idil, summer of year 7

Ha ha, those foolish stranglers! The Cruelty of Blots had better not mess with us again!

Ecsha is digging a tunnel to the river; thank goodness - my waterskin is full of mud.

Ivan now has a title. All of us now.

Gasom has joined the smith's guild. Good for him I suppose; we warriors don't have to bother with their internal politics.

There was a gushing below; the pool was breached.

Gods almighty, miasma! Kawe has been letting this place go.

Hmp. No recruits.

A memorial to the strangler siege. They died like heroes.

Bedrooms, finally.

The traders are here.

The king before our goddess appeared.

Damn! Some fool released the wrestler when ordered to transport him to the Depot! (OOC: I COMPLETELY forgot this glitch...)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Castlemarkets☼ - a Masterwork Human Fortress! Part six - waterworks!
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2014, 05:27:03 pm »

The next update has been delayed due to internet troubles. Castlemarkets is in a rough spot.  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4