Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Bay 12 on Youtube (Mega-channel online)  (Read 12738 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 on Youtube (Mega-channel online)
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2014, 10:19:33 pm »

I think that theres a version for the thing on the front page for most everything.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2014, 04:45:06 pm »

So will there be a draft of how this will function soon?
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2014, 04:50:33 pm »

AFAIK you make your own channel and start uploading stuff, link to the mega-channel, and the mega-channel links to you. You can also upload content as listed in the OP to the main channel.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2014, 04:53:14 pm »

Well, time to link in to the thing...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2014, 02:20:49 am »

How do we link? Just making playlists? I'd like to add my Minecraft Bay12 Commune playlist, but I don't want to muck up the channel. : )

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2014, 04:13:02 am »

On your channel page, there's a section on the right-hand side for Featured Channels. Plonk the main channel in there, and anyone else you think deserves a mention.

At least, that's how I assume we're doing it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2014, 04:17:52 am »

The idea is sweet! I'm sure there are lots of people interested in this! :)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2014, 02:13:37 am »

A sweet idea is useless if not acted on, so I just went ahead and added the Bay12 channel to my account's featured channels, then added my channel to the Bay12 list of featured channels. Should I add my Minecraft Commune playlist as well (just the playlist; obviously the actual videos are on my channel)? Or should the first videos be of DF?

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2014, 07:05:53 am »

I'm not in charge or anything, but I think the first videos should be Dwarf Fortress.

It's all well and good to have a community hub for YouTube, but I don't want it to devolve into a way to just get more views for your channel by plastering your content all over the major channel.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2014, 07:19:07 am »

Well I seem to be the only one who's added anything at all... I agree that the first videos should be of DF, but is anyone making them? Is anyone else going to join the channel? It will be cool to see it populated. : )

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2014, 07:22:49 am »

Well I seem to be the only one who's added anything at all...
My knowledge of actually making the youtubes is limited.

I would suggest we pool ideas here and divvy them out.  Perhaps even give multiple people the same task and upload the best.  Starting with simple-stupid tutorials, like worldgen, basic and advanced.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2014, 07:29:02 am »

I will have limited time to make videos in the future, but I can at least try to get something done this weekend. (I'm also trying to get my next Minecraft video done this weekend, AND get the footage I need for my Space Engineers review for work, so I can't do anything too complicated.)

I know there were some good video tutorials in the past. Are they still valid, or are there any good ones for the current version? If so, maybe we should ask for permission to include them on our channel rather than trying to reinvent the wheel. If not, then of course we can make some ourselves, though I'd have to find the time to re-acquaint myself with the game since I haven't played the new version yet. As of right now, I wouldn't trust my knowledge of the game enough to do a good tutorial.

So how many people are interested in making tutorials now?

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2014, 07:41:58 am »

I can make tutorials, if that's what people want.

However, it hasn't been exactly super organized, and it's hard to tell what the actual plan is, and I don't recall seeing tutorials.

I would agree that creating tutorials is a good idea, and would solidify our Dwarf Fortressness.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2014, 07:52:58 am »

I would say the priority would be just getting everyone *on* the channel. The "allowed content" list primarily deals with managing the various user channels, but last I checked my channel is the only one on the list. If we can get a list of everyone's channels, we can see what kind of content everyone has and how often they post, so we can start to think about things like top five/ten lists and things like that.

Also listed is the reading of the devlogs... Is that meant to be literally reading the devlogs that Toady posts? Because to be honest, that's not something I'd want to watch. I don't even read them, usually, except to scan for interesting-looking bits. Is there a demand for that? If so, then by all means we should do it, but if not, maybe it would be better to focus on things like tutorials and whatnot.

EDIT: I could probably make a tutorial for just starting out as a newbie and not dying too quickly. I just couldn't do anything advanced until I got used to the game again.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2014, 08:07:03 am »

Who is doing the putting up of channels?

I honestly have no idea what reading of the devlogs is, but I do agree with you. Certainly not something worth watching, except for highlights in major releases.

I can do tutorials, depending on what you consider to be "advanced". I can play the game competently, so it should be good. I haven't played since around 0.40.10 for adventure and about 0.40.6 for fortress, but I don't imagine it has changed much since then.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12