Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Bay 12 Space Program (Kerbal Space Program)  (Read 10528 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay 12 Space Program (Kerbal Space Program)
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2015, 04:25:37 pm »

Just FYI: Windows search won't look in hidden folders. (Like your AppData folder)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2015, 04:29:51 pm »

Unless you tell it to.

So, I should go grab Zanzetkuken save, and get to work?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2015, 04:45:14 pm »

From the original post:
> Turns will be 3 completed launches (ie. launch and return/crash, explode on the runway, etc), 3 in-game months, or 1 real-life week, whichever comes first.

I think things might go more quickly if, in the future, anyone who takes more than a week is simply skipped.

(Mind you, I haven't signed up, so feel free to ignore me. I was waiting until you got closer to the end of the list of players, or had to start over because of 1.0. It's reportedly coming out Real Soon Now.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:46:52 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2015, 05:26:11 pm »

So, I should go grab Zanzetkuken save, and get to work?
Probably. Unless Caroline wants another go? And no-one minds waiting?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2015, 08:47:43 pm »

Allright. Downloading now then.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 10:28:58 pm »

Here is the update! First off, I got jackshit done. Researched a bit, launched a bit, got a guy killed, missed orbital insertion every time I launched, dident even manage to save Jeb! I am a horrible person!

Images will be edited in, as will a link to the save.

"Huh... that is weird... as if three weeks of time was lost..."

"Anyways! To work! Thir-Second director of B12SP is here! Time to work!"

"Jeb is still in orbit, but says he has enough food for a while. His brothers say they dont have the skills needed to get close enough to collect him though... Still, always time to learn. Bit of a wonky orbit though..."

"There are certainly plenty of kerbals wanting to join us, but only one pilot: A rather wimpy individual, Jencas. Welcome aboard!"

"Huh, I thought we knew how to do more than this... Anyways, time to build to get Jeb back!"

*Seven hours later*

"Actually, nix that. Jeb can push his way back. We dont have the tech for anything close to what we need."

"Jeb just asked me if we wanted him to do some science while he was up there. Did he really not do any earlier?"

"Something about getting out of the pod caused it to tumble, spinning Jeb off into space. He says he managed to get back in after a bit, and after reorienting the ship asked for authorization to try again. We OKed it."

"Apparently, whoever built the hatch to the thing built it wrong, and whenever he exits it flings him into space and the pod the other way. Bang goes that plan. Instead, the newbie is going to be put to work flying into LKO to collect some data that may help. A second Orbital Vessel MK.2 has been built and fueled, and the newbie has been loaded in."

"Whoever built this left fuel in the center, inaccessible tanks. Well, that is an issue."

"Reports from the pilot state that he has managed to transfer some of this extra fuel into the outer tanks, so its not a total waste. Still, the time this took caused him to overshot his orbital window, causing him to have to abort orbital insertion. During reentry he took a few images of the plasma whipping about outside, which I have included in this log."

"The pilot has splashed down, and a nearby relay vessel has picked him, along with a pile of water-logged research notes, out of the ocean, netting us enough data for a few more finds."

"As you can see, the research has allowed us to research more and better engines, aswell as a new form of parachute, and something called a 'landing strut'. Interesting."

"Our engineers have set to work correcting faults in our launch vehicle, and hopefully they will do well. They plan on basing the design around a powered lander, with the option to use chutes to land it. They also plan on having it based upon SRBs for its initial launch. An interesting concept, if I ever heard one."

"First launch of the new design was at 200 hours, with the objectives of testing first stage capabilities and orbital insertion."
"Thoughts on the first launch include its rapid fuel use and lack of maneuverability. Transition to second stage included firing of separation boosters, which should be addressed easily."
 "Second stage lacked enough power to reach orbit, so the mission is to be deemed a failure. Jencas has been ordered to collect data on his way down, particularly data from going on EVA at various altitudes."

"Jencas Kerman is dead. We donot know exactly what happened, we believe that he was exiting the lander for an EVA report and something caused it to throttle up. Whatever the cause, sixteen minutes into the flight Jencas Kerman splashed down hard into the ocean and was killed. The lander, meanwhile, continued down under its own power and was recovered."

"In whatever event, the research the lander brought down has been put to use, and our technicians have set to work refining the Powered Lander. The new version features improvements to the second stage, aswell as thrust limiters on the first bank of SRBs, which are not planned to be recovered. Bill Kerman, the lead designer, has insisted that he flied this iteration, so that he willnot have more deaths on his hands."

"We appear to have issues with orbital insertion. This is the third one in as many launches where we have missed our window, forcing an early reentry. With hope, this one will be on land."

"Clearly not. the lander splashed down in the ocean barely two KM off shore. Clearly angry, Bill jumped out of the pod and into the ocean, triggering a pair of explosives on the craft before one of our ships restrained him. Upon returning he demanded my resignation, stating that if I did not he would personally 'Load me into a cardboard box and put me underneath the launch pad, in the venting system'. I have decided to comply."

-edit-

As a note, when I left there was 35 science in the pot. I suggest that the next guy saves some for the person after them too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:08:38 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2015, 11:38:16 pm »

I take it the Images and Save are incoming?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2015, 12:32:46 am »

We can but hope.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2015, 10:30:06 am »

They are indeed. Infact, here is the save now!

Save.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2015, 11:54:52 am »

Poor Jencas.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2015, 01:07:56 pm »

Images are in. Although one seems to be missing...
Highly Opinionated Fool

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2015, 11:12:48 am »

So, how are we going to handle 1.0?

It might be nice to start from scratch...

I'll admit I was one of the first to suggest starting early. I honestly didn't expect 1.0 to come out for a few more months... but here we are. What does everyone want to do?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2015, 11:50:41 am »

I say wait and see if updating would break it, which it probably will. If it is the case, than we keep this going in the current version.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2015, 05:39:51 pm »

Okay, my turn. I'll get on to this either later today or tomorrow, depending on how things go. Don't hesitate to PM me if I'm too slow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]