Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616723 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [12/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2014, 10:06:49 pm »

we certainly do not have enough energy for eternity.
Ye be gods!

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2014, 10:09:19 pm »

Rings are a nice shape. Symmetrical, and yet never ending. Much better then a boring sphere.

"You do realize, brother, that spheres are also never ending and eternal? They are also perfectly symmetrical."

"What would one trade on the edge of a world? It seems there is neither travel nor trade, if the only location it leads is nowhere."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2014, 10:14:49 pm »

Rings are a nice shape. Symmetrical, and yet never ending. Much better then a boring sphere.

"You do realize, brother, that spheres are also never ending and eternal? They are also perfectly symmetrical."

"What would one trade on the edge of a world? It seems there is neither travel nor trade, if the only location it leads is nowhere."

Still, what makes a sphere better then a ring?

If you wanted to go around the world, water travel is fastest. And much easier then overland travel... And what if you wanted to trade with those who live in the sea? Or collect corals and fish?

And you say you want to create creatures first... Are you not the one who wanted immortal beings of constant bloodshed? Because those would go on the other plane, correct?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2014, 10:20:47 pm »

"I dislike the idea of flat worlds, but if we must have one, let us have only one, and let the other world be different." Anath says. "Personally, I would prefer two round worlds, each with one nonmagical sun and one moon."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2014, 10:22:34 pm »

"What flaw is there in a sphere that makes a ring superior? As we have not yet created coral or fish, they have no reason to live there. Aside from that, we have not made overland travel any more difficult than sea travel. On a flat world, you can only get to the outside ring using the oceans around it, meaning you would require land travel regardless.

Our plan has been refined since my initial creation. As you should know, the current design is 3 million humanoids, half for each corporeal realm."

I agree with her. Spheres are a fine shape for a world, one sun and one moon as a start. 

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2014, 10:34:07 pm »

"I agree with Anath and would also be agreeable to making both a ring and a sphere."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2014, 10:43:34 pm »

"I dislike the idea of flat worlds, but if we must have one, let us have only one, and let the other world be different." Anath says. "Personally, I would prefer two round worlds, each with one nonmagical sun and one moon."
I am willing to compromise, but having everything spherical is boring. At least make the lights in the sky interesting! Must we have a sun and a moon for both?

What flaw is there in a sphere that makes a ring superior?
What makes a sphere so much more superior that everything must be one?

(I am assuming the worlds are formed with creatues, just not sentient ones. Otherwise this is just "make an ecosystem the game")
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:49:02 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2014, 10:48:09 pm »

(OK.I'll let the non-sapients just generate on their own with your (pl.) optional guidance. Make an Ecosystem: The Game is going in my ideas file as a distant future possibility.)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2014, 10:54:47 pm »

(OK.I'll let the non-sapients just generate on their own with your (pl.) optional guidance. Make an Ecosystem: The Game is going in my ideas file as a distant future possibility.)
(I'd play that game. Those are always fun and I always seem to miss getting into one.)

Anath shrugs. "Well, if you want to get rid of the sun for one world, I will not complain."

Pausing for a moment, he then continues with something else. "Meanwhile, when the worlds are created, I intend to create several magical constellations in the sky of each world. Each world will have a different set of constellations, so that magical practices on each world will differentiate from each other."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:59:43 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2014, 10:57:15 pm »

(I am assuming the worlds are formed with creatues, just not sentient ones. Otherwise this is just "make an ecosystem the game")

(I always assumed we had to make them. Never mind that point, then.)

I am willing to compromise, but having everything spherical is boring. At least make the lights in the sky interesting! Must we have a sun and a moon for both?

"I hear the God of the Night has plans for his skies. He plans on stars and constellations. I for one, have no stock in the skies at this time. Weapons are pointless without a hand to wield them. I am fine with whatever is in the sky, so long as it proved for those on the ground.

Spheres allow the people of the planet to cross from one side to the next, without the need to traverse the entire world. It allows for easier movement, more use of your own oceans, and more interaction between the peoples of this world. That would advance almost all of our spheres of influence, with spheres. "

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2014, 11:00:53 pm »

Anath glances at the others. "If and of thou should desire to add some of your own constellations to mine, I have no desire to prevent that. Let us all make the night sky as grand as possible."
Forenia Forever!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2014, 11:04:27 pm »

"As you brought the subject up, what do you intend this magic to be?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2014, 11:11:35 pm »

"The shapes of the worlds are not important for me. I can work with anything, so I will let you others make this choice."

"Constellations, I like. You can have my support for them. However, giving mortals magic of their own power can be dangerous and bring needless destruction. (Oppose.) Instead, we should simply have them invoke us and let us decide if they are worthy of the miracles."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2014, 11:13:08 pm »

Anath shrugs. "Here is the list of what I currently have planned. Suggestions are welcome. I have tried to keep any single concept from showing up in a constellation on both words, as you can see. Preferably, any suggested constellation should also be connected to three concepts as well."
"The shapes of the worlds are not important for me. I can work with anything, so I will let you others make this choice."

"Constellations, I like. You can have my support for them. However, giving mortals magic of their own power can be dangerous and bring needless destruction. (Oppose.) Instead, we should simply have them invoke us and let us decide if they are worthy of the miracles."

Anath frowns. "I Oppose any ban on mortal magics."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 12:35:16 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2014, 11:18:02 pm »

(Having a thread filled with a mess of proposals, support, and debate really keeps me busy! :D)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 475