Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 609285 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 18: Battle buying BETA
« Reply #1440 on: November 01, 2014, 05:50:49 am »

Creating something new is a demanding and long taking work. The way it is now, the work goes unrewarded, and anyone smart enough to suceed will figure out that it's not worth it.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 01, 2014, 05:52:47 am »

"You make good points about competition, but patents are really the only hope the Slythan humans have of competing. The Gem Dragons hold a monopoly on practically everything and the only way the humans can compete at all with them is with a patent - a patent that will inevitably expire, mind you.
Moreover, this isn't just a matter of healthy economic competition. Actual death via starvation is a possibility if their nigh total control of the economy is allowed to continue unabated."

Creating something new is a demanding and long taking work. The way it is now, the work goes unrewarded, and anyone smart enough to suceed will figure out that it's not worth it.
"This too."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T21.5: Fêtes, Wurst, and Death
« Reply #1442 on: November 01, 2014, 05:54:55 am »

Tick 21.5: Fêtes, Wurst, and Death

The mortal world is abuzz with the news of the increasingly long Festival of Mystic Snow and the new Festival of the Jelly Roll. The fact that the gods themselves have decided to attend has only increased the excitement, it seems.

A recent massive donation to a shipwright has allowed for the design of two more advanced ships. They have the interesting properties of being both faster and larger in capacity than the old models.

The prices of weapons and medicines have increased sharply as a small number of buyers buy up as much of both as possible, probably to profit from the looming war.

A bunch of insurance fraudsters have been dealt with by Yaos recently. Loss of house or loss of much furniture are both frequently reported crimes now.

Artisanii's blessed painter seems to be painting a detailed self-portrait. It is almost photographic in quality.

The presence in the Divine Library seems to have disappeared, and the main room seems to be a lot less crowded with mortals than before.

Yaos has canceled the dreams of the deep earth sent to the Underkings and Underqueen(s). They seem to become a lot less irritable. The Underqueen has given birth to twins.

Yaos has also attempted to cause the invention of patents for the purpose of protecting the Slythan humans from economic domination. This has not been successful so far.

Anath has proposed the creation of a gas giant in each system, which may be more worthwhile than a first glance would show...

(Also, the Gem Dragons don't really control the economy. The Gem Council does.)

This update's dominant constellations are the Shield and Ship. The Keshan aurora are brightening again. The ice ring around Slytha has become more visible.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Chyribylta has been locked until a better time arrives. This means you cannot just drain It.

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. While the war stuff should be released by tick 23, there is still plenty of room for more creation still.

Sphere ideas this update are Fate, Freedom, Travel, and Magic.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 01, 2014, 06:08:43 am »

"Au contraire, an innovative entrepreneur is always one step ahead his competitors by knowing how to make the best product and will have to keep innovating to stay on top."

"You make good points about competition, but patents are really the only hope the Slythan humans have of competing. The Gem Dragons hold a monopoly on practically everything and the only way the humans can compete at all with them is with a patent - a patent that will inevitably expire, mind you.
Moreover, this isn't just a matter of healthy economic competition. Actual death via starvation is a possibility if their nigh total control of the economy is allowed to continue unabated."

"It is simply a matter of creating a more competent product. Without patents, anyone can make any product better, cheaper, fancier, or whichever niche is to be filled, and compete better. You're the God of Ambition. Show some of it and spread it among your followers. Soon they will compete, possibly forming a temporary syndicate to bring down the giant."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 01, 2014, 06:27:31 am »

"To give a Law and Travel boost to Lyle so he can have a safe journey to Gem Dragon lands and then sue the crap out of them."
$$$$
Price check on making a constellation dominant?

Not that I expect Lyle to see any success at all. I don't even think the Gem Dragons actually have lands, being dragons, instead of having a lot of separate lairs.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 01, 2014, 06:34:20 am »

(Aren't the Mystic Snow festivals only supposed to last for a single day, once a year?)

(Loss of house? The houses weren't supposed to disappear. They were supposed to have been confiscated by the Empire.)

"Anath, is there any reason why we would want gas giants to exist? It would have to really be worth it to justify the Essence cost. On that note, is there a minimum waiting period before a proposal is either passed or failed?"

Vaal attempts to find common ground between himself and the Ikan. He also tries to ascertain why they're mistrustful of him.

(Great to see the subtitle back! A little inaccurate, but it's so punny it more than makes up for it! :D)

"You're the God of Ambition. Show some of it and spread it among your followers. Soon they will compete, possibly forming a temporary syndicate to bring down the giant."
"My blessing of Ambition is what got them so far and unfortunately it hasn't been enough. If we're going to start having goes against gods and their spheres, what about you? You yourself are the god of order yet you allow unorderly activity to exist simply for the fear that there might be further disorder later along the line? As the god of ambition I find that quite lacking, really! You ought to strive to bring as much law and order as possible! Instead you simply settle for second best because it's a little less risky. As a result, my people - and DAMN your theoretical, unproven, untested ideologies! - are forced to walk a fine line between advancing one's self and starving!"

"To give a Law and Travel boost to Lyle so he can have a safe journey to Gem Dragon lands and then sue the crap out of them."
$$$$

Not that I expect Lyle to see any success at all. I don't even think the Gem Dragons actually have lands, being dragons, instead of having a lot of separate lairs.
(Aren't price checks supposed to go in the OOC? Don't worry about Lyle - he'll have so many buffs and blessings and whatnot that I'd say he has a pretty decent chance of winning the case. Besides, he has a flying angel to carry him around everywhere as he needs it.)

(Ninja'd twice there. Also, bed time.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 01, 2014, 06:41:36 am »

"If you wish, I could speak with the Gem Council on your behalf."

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 01, 2014, 07:00:05 am »

Kli decides to scan the areas around the Hummingbirds' civilisation for any trouble.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 01, 2014, 07:17:45 am »

The Light takes time and produces itself in front of his Generic Angel 1.
"Oh mighty Generic Angel I shall give you form."
The light gives the angel the ability to enter dreams where it will reveal secrets of the glowing heart to the young followers.
It shall look like an orb of light in this world, able to communicate through telepathy.
In the dreams, it shall create mythological dramas to advance the inner personal quest, or secrets of their personality. The Angel may choose himself what kind of settings he choses, and may raise small dream spirits of different spheres to aid him.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 01, 2014, 07:27:16 am »

)(it was an annual event, but more people want it, more will fall i guess.))

Hey guys i still want the monstrous fauna so people need to vote more!
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 01, 2014, 08:39:59 am »

After regaining from his burst of essence in his early "life", he has another burst of inspiration, as if it was a strike from Fusil himself. He goes to the Festivals, disquised as a non-descript Muse. He talks to the people there, and ask them what they want.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 01, 2014, 09:30:07 am »

"Anath, is there any reason why we would want gas giants to exist? It would have to really be worth it to justify the Essence cost. On that note, is there a minimum waiting period before a proposal is either passed or failed?"
"Personally, if it passed I was considering making a species or two to live on them. Besides, our solar system is very barren. It should have more then a single planet, a sun, and an asteroid belt."

$$$$

(Aren't price checks supposed to go in the OOC? Don't worry about Lyle - he'll have so many buffs and blessings and whatnot that I'd say he has a pretty decent chance of winning the case. Besides, he has a flying angel to carry him around everywhere as he needs it.)
(Eh, maybe but I was answering you at the same time so I didn't bother. And I doubt Lyle will win because there is no one source to lay a lawsuit on, all the gem dragons are likely to deny they owe anything anyway, he doesn't actually have a court to take the matter to, and so on. If he actually separated out all the ones that took money, got them to admit taking the money, got them to admit that they should show up at court over it, got them to actually show up at court about it, and had a court for them to show up at, maybe, but as is I doubt he'll get anything from even one dragon. No group suits for the dragons when they're all independent and you'll have to go after each of them individually.)

(And of course, his first issue will be proving that they are actually one of the dragons that took money, instead of one of the ones that didn't hear about it in time/was busy with something else/was too far away at the time/was otherwise distracted. And you know none of them are going to admit anything to someone who wants to take away their shinies.)

(Also, beyond that remember that each constellation only effects the word they are actually on, not both worlds. Which was it that had the war going on again? Because the Staff is only on World A.)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 01, 2014, 01:16:12 pm »

I see we have some new gods in our midst... Hello Taol and Neron! Enjoy your (hopefully permanent) stay!

Inspire some of the Ikan to make an expedition down to the surface. Or, at least, rather close to it.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 01, 2014, 01:19:21 pm »

"Personally, if it passed I was considering making a species or two to live on them. Besides, our solar system is very barren. It should have more then a single planet, a sun, and an asteroid belt."

"But why a gas giant? You may not farm, nor dig for ore, nor do man other things necessary for all of our spheres on it. Why not just make planets like those we have already created? Why would gas giants be superior in any way?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 01, 2014, 02:41:38 pm »

Have I greeted the new gods yet? I may be growing forgetful as of late. Welcome. If you need any help early on, feel free to ask. I may be a horrifying monster that devours things but that doesn't mean I can't be polite, eh?

Also, I have neglected to mention this before but all gods are free to try and gain Gruen followers if they so desire. I will in no way hold it against anyone. Do so as you wish with them, but I do request... quite vehemently... that no one removes their hunger completely. I will have issue with that. Otherwise, I quite enjoy the idea of them branching out and becoming more diversified.

Check on the hunger mask wearers. If any are loyal to me yet, have them go to Gruen communities to unify them more. They are to teach that all disciples of the Hunger God are equal in his eyes and they should not let themselves be divided by their eating habits. All serve to make the Gruen more progressive, adaptable and influential in the mortal worlds. Any who get too uppity and defiant are free to be devoured by the Mask Wearers as an example that no one knows the ways of hunger better than the Hunger God. Proclaim the mask wearers the *Lords of Hunger* because it sounds a little more official than mask wearers.

Have the Gruen offer any people (the broad definition of people including all races not just humans) who frequently visit or stay in Gruen Communities and have gained the Gruen's trust, Gruen Spores. They are told the effects and let known that they are a useful tool that comes at a price. It is in no way to be forced on anyone.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 475