Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607363 times)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T21.5: Fêtes, Wurst, and Death
« Reply #1455 on: November 01, 2014, 03:10:08 pm »

I see we have some new gods in our midst... Hello Taol and Neron! Enjoy your (hopefully permanent) stay!

Inspire some of the Ikan to make an expedition down to the surface. Or, at least, rather close to it.

Greetings Joha and Grauel. Hopefully we can be great allies in the future.

Check to see if there is anything happening in the North

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T21.5: Fêtes, Wurst, and Death
« Reply #1456 on: November 01, 2014, 03:36:20 pm »

(Yaos turns into a girl.

"If you wish, I could speak with the Gem Council on your behalf."
"That sounds like it'll get messy because they have a monopoly on everything and literally anything that happens means they lose that monopoly so they get less rich and then stuff happens and blah." :P "If you can convince them to stop monopolising everything then yeah, but anything else is a temporary measure."

)(it was an annual event, but more people want it, more will fall i guess.))

Hey guys i still want the monstrous fauna so people need to vote more!
(In that case I'll use my god powers to veto any Mystic Snow falls that don't happen when they're supposed to and I use my Human powers to help them through their addiction.)

"I kinda voted against it so I don't think it's fair that I get a say." :(

"Personally, if it passed I was considering making a species or two to live on them. Besides, our solar system is very barren. It should have more then a single planet, a sun, and an asteroid belt."
"Well I never actually got to be a part of worldbuilding before.......OK!" :D

(And I doubt Lyle will win because there is no one source to lay a lawsuit on, all the gem dragons are likely to deny they owe anything anyway, he doesn't actually have a court to take the matter to, and so on. If he actually separated out all the ones that took money, got them to admit taking the money, got them to admit that they should show up at court over it, got them to actually show up at court about it, and had a court for them to show up at, maybe, but as is I doubt he'll get anything from even one dragon. No group suits for the dragons when they're all independent and you'll have to go after each of them individually.)

(And of course, his first issue will be proving that they are actually one of the dragons that took money, instead of one of the ones that didn't hear about it in time/was busy with something else/was too far away at the time/was otherwise distracted. And you know none of them are going to admit anything to someone who wants to take away their shinies.)

(Also, beyond that remember that each constellation only effects the word they are actually on, not both worlds. Which was it that had the war going on again? Because the Staff is only on World A.)
(I'll answer the easy one first. The war is on Keshan, where the Staff is. It is also where Lyle is.

Spoiler: The Rest (click to show/hide)

"Hiya Neron and Taol!" :D "It's great to see new faces around here!"

(Repost)
@The Light:
The Cim-derived concealment spells easily dissolve before Cim's efforts, revealing that they currently live under a Luminee town.
"The Light, if you might instruct your followers to surrender the Breaker Knights, or at the least to evacuate the town, that would be great."
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 11:05:59 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T21.5: Fêtes, Wurst, and Death
« Reply #1457 on: November 01, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »

"I would like to remind the new Gods to vote, as is their duty on the council. We do not have as many proposals as in the past, but they have the power to kill the worthless ones that we have now."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 01, 2014, 03:46:50 pm »

"Duty to vote? Silly Fusil! Barely half of everyone on the council votes on a single proposal at a time anyway!" X) "What duty?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 01, 2014, 03:49:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:10:35 pm by Ama »

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 01, 2014, 03:52:01 pm »

Hello, my fellow divinities. My name is Taol. I hope that our future cooperation will be fruitful.
Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 01, 2014, 04:02:40 pm »

Ugh, yeah I keep getting preoccupied with my private affairs and forgetting to vote. Here goes it.

Oppose 19.00 -
Too specific and too vague simultaneously. There are plenty of ways to kill gods besides weapons even if you loosely consider weapons anything that causes harm and not just physical tools. If there are gods going around trying to actively kill other gods, this won't stop them but having potential primordial killing weapons that can be used defensively against them in retaliation might at least give them incentive to do something like that only if they are willing to risk their own existence. Also such tools have other uses as was pointed out.

Support 21.00 -
Truthfully I don't care and fail to see how this benefits me or other gods. I'd normally say use your own essence but I guess it could make things more interesting. If it passes with my support, I do intend to find ways of using said gas giants for my own devices though.

Edit: Mobile device spell check continues to fail me.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:25:30 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 01, 2014, 04:29:15 pm »

Divine Varee, would you allow me to tinker with your Minion-ons?
Give non-queen minion-ons potential free will, which can be realized in dangerous situations or when local queens are ineffective or dead.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:57:35 pm by Illgeo »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T22: Age of Births
« Reply #1463 on: November 01, 2014, 08:15:03 pm »

Tick 22: Age of Births

(Anath: $$$Response: 0E)

(I'm looking at the part about losing houses now and it sounds like something only half-asleep KJP would say. Speaking of which, Half-Asleep Adventures has been added to the ideas file. Cancel that, I guess.)

Vaal and the Ikan have begun to make some slow progress. It appears that the Ikan simply cannot believe that life can survive at such high pressures without assistance from the Void. Vaal points out that non-Void gods exist with the power to grant mortals the ability to survive in those conditions. The Ikan hesitantly agree with this. They construct a small, airtight capsule in which to descend to the deep atmosphere. The priests take a few hours to bless and try to protect it from the influence of the Void. A powerful telepath establishes a strong link with the explorers and the Ikan begin lowering the capsule.

Some bandits have been making small clearings in the vicinity of the Trees. The Hummingbirds wonder if Kli has advice on dealing with them.

Generic Angel 1 (unnamed?) of the Light has been granted access to dreams and been given telepathy privileges. Its mission is to send dreams to mortals to inspire and empower them to achieve great things. Its physical form has been specified as an orb of light.

Artisanii has attended several festivals disguised as a Muse and sought out what the attendees want. Here are a few selected responses:
Failed Sculptor: "I want to be able to create sculptures for royalty everywhere! But I have no idea how to start."
Epic Poet: "O Muse, the causes tell! What sacrilege, or vengeful sorrow, moved the heavenly..."
Distressed Painter: "I wish to know what heavenly colors there are that we lack! Alas, I am not a Luminee, seeing many colors where I see one."

The Lords of Hunger have begun traveling to Gruen communities to assist in the development of the Gruen such that they may be more adaptable. The net effect seems to be toward greater differentiation and increased specialization, and those who get too excessive are promptly consumed. The Gruen have begun offering friendly outsiders the chance to eat Gruen spores. A traveling merchant begins selling them at a high price, creating a large demand for the spores.

The Northern Lands are minimally populated with the occasional cold-adapted Gruen village and dragon lair and Dwarf or Night Elven access cave. Overall, not much appears to be happening. A human-led expedition has begun turning back after traveling far into the North.

The humans judge that Mystic Snow is supposed to happen all year, but this does not actually end up being the case. The Festival remains confined to a few weeks. Regrettably, all but a few of the addicted humans reject your assistance in helping them out of their situation.

Taol has granted conditional free will and conditional full sapience to the Minio-ons. Varee's stance on this is unknown, but this will increase their Worship ability.

(The Light: -1E, Taol -2E)

This update's dominant constellations are the Dragon and Lady. The Keshan aurora are very bright and contain all of the standard aurora colors. The ice ring around Slytha has become less visible.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Chyribylta has been locked until a better time arrives. This means you cannot just drain It.

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. While the war stuff should be released by tick 23, there is still plenty of room for more creation still.

Sphere ideas this update are Fertility (!), Seasons, Strength, and Trickery.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:05:29 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T21.5: Age of Births
« Reply #1464 on: November 01, 2014, 08:29:25 pm »

Kli says nothing to the Hummingbirds, yet blesses the clearings to thrive with vegetation and magically-receptive trees. Should anyone with malice look upon these trees, they his glowing mark will appear for several seconds.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 01, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »

Azem introduces currency to the humans on both worlds. He also orders his followers organize a grand festival, dedicated to himself and Grauel. No expense is to be spared on exotic food.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 01, 2014, 10:41:37 pm »

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 02, 2014, 12:11:05 am »

"21.00: Abstain. I'm fine with the current planets, and wouldn't spend Essence on more, but go ahead."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 02, 2014, 12:29:10 am »

"So I've been thinking about the mystic stuff we're going to put in the word when it came to me - we should make it a game!" :D "Instead of making a bunch of fantastic races, we just make 7 really big creatures. Let's call them Titans...... Actually, that's all I've come up with. Heh heh." :-\ "Still, it's a good start of an idea, isn't it?" :)

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 02, 2014, 03:17:22 am »

Speaking in a divine way to the artists, as a hint to my true personality, I respond.

Failed Sculptor: "I want to be able to create sculptures for royalty everywhere! But I have no idea how to start."

"You have no inspiration to continue. You must find the Inspheration, and you will create."

Epic Poet: "O Muse, the causes tell! What sacrilege, or vengeful sorrow, moved the heavenly..."

"You, continue art! Who knows what epic poetry advance the arts as magic?" I bless him so that his words have an affect on the world in subtle ways.

Distressed Painter:
"I wish to know what heavenly colors there are that we lack! Alas, I am not a Luminee, seeing many colors where I see one."

"Indeed, I regret this too. There are too options, poor painter. One, travel to the inspheration to create your own colors. Or, ask the Light to give you the colors of the Luminee."
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 475