Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607325 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T21.5: Age of Births
« Reply #1470 on: November 02, 2014, 05:41:56 am »

Tick 22.5:

The trees in the forest around the Hummingbirds have been blessed with the ability to glow with Kli's symbol when approached by those with malicious intentions. The Hummingbirds are grateful for this gift.

Azem introduces currency to the remaining humans who still do not use currency. Most take it up quickly, finding that using a medium for exchange is far more practical for price comparisons than pure barter. He has also started the Food Festival*, a festival dedicated to himself and Grauel, making sure to maintain a large supply of exotic foods of various kinds from various races.

A Failed Sculptor has embarked on a journey to the Inspheration, hoping to be granted the skill to create sculptures the royalty would want. The Epic Poet has been blessed with minor influence over events through poetry. The effects of this are currently unknown. The Distressed Painter prays that The Light may grant it vision of the colors the Luminee can see which the Painter cannot.

(Kli: -0E, Artisanii: -1E)

This update's dominant constellations are the Lance and Claw. The Keshan aurora continue to brighten.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. I am quite positive the war stuff will be released between T23 and T24.

Sphere ideas this update are Luck, Youth, Fire, and Knowledge.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 02, 2014, 05:55:22 am »

Find some awakened mini-ons. Listen to their thoughts.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 02, 2014, 06:43:36 am »

Along the Failed Sculptor's journey, I give him some challenges. The first one, he has to critique another's sculptor's statue. The second challenge is a commission for him to sculpt a statue of many Gods. The last one is a commission for him to sculpt the Inspheration.

This is to give him some conflict, some skill, and teach him that he does not needs a God's help to do better. Once he reaches the Inspheration, it does not give him skill. Only inspiration.

Also, on the Spirit Dimension, Artisanii creates a dimension of Art and Critique.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 02, 2014, 10:01:55 am »

Appear before a Northern village and ask if they need any divine help.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: November 02, 2014, 03:22:47 pm »

Yaos changes into her male form and asks Jeffrey for advice relating to getting more Essence from worshippers.

(Normally I don't mention it any more but the current subtitle is woefully inaccurate. It is 22.5 - not 21.5. Age of Births related to T22 and neither 21.5 nor 22.5, and there is a subtitle at all while 22.5 doesn't have one. It's understandable why there isn't one this turn because practically nothing has happened.)

Yaos makes it so that the following geniuses are born: a mechanic, a metallurgist, an alchemist, an engineer, and a mathematician. They'll all meet at a pub one day to quickly become friends and join forces to make the Empire super-advanced in the scientific world, when compared to its neighbours.
As they work, Yaos inspires a mage to enchant their works so that if it gets stolen a spell would fire that would reveal who stole the works and where they are (think of it as magical perma-dye/tracking device). It only fires once it's recognised that it's been stolen.
In the case where some of the geniuses start to anger each other, Yaos uses his Human powers to calm them down.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 03:37:22 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1475 on: November 02, 2014, 04:40:53 pm »

Taol: Some Minio-ons have had their limited sapience and independence triggered after a tunnel collapse. They are mostly wondering how they arrived there and how to get back to the rest of the colony.

Artisanii: The Failed Sculptor has examined a statue of a great king closely and complimented the detail of the carvings but criticized the overall shape for being very much anatomically incorrect. While at a town along the way, he has constructed statues of all of the gods in their primary forms which receive some criticism for containing various small errors but is praised for their arrangement and overall shapes. Upon arriving at the Inspheration, he is inspired to construct a great stone orb with intricate patterns.

(Artisanii: -1E)
Finally, you create a Plane of Art and Critique.

Neron: You appear before a Northern village of Gruen and ask if they need any help. They seem not to need any specific help but would not mind living in a warmer area. They understand that you will likely not grant this, but they are well-adapted to the cold.

Yaos: Jeffrey advises that you temper your message slightly. Many seem to feel they are not and can never be ambitious enough and think they may end up being flagged as heretics if they don't improve and cast out of their communities if they do.

(I'll change the subtitles later once I figure out something. This was fairly uneventful.)

(-2E for plot-relevance, subject to petition for reduction)
A skilled mechanic, a competent metallurgist, a talented alchemist, a talented engineer, and a competent mathematician walk into a bar. The bartender asks "What is this, some kind of joke?" They work together and hire a mage to protect their works. You end up having to calm them down a lot because the mathematician and the alchemist develop a fierce rivalry.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 02, 2014, 05:06:05 pm »

Make awakened minion-ons sapient enough to make decision such as to clear rubble blocking the path. Make them have basic memory of hive layout and previous experience. Give them ability to reconnect to hivemind if they want later.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 02, 2014, 05:07:32 pm »

To the Lords of Hunger:
I should clarify, by uppity and defiant, I meant anyone who thinks they're so much better than the other Gruen, due to their eating habits, that they aren't willing to respect and work with the other Gruen. I don't just mean anyone who is excessive with eating something. Clarification probably doesn't hurt. I can be a bit vague at times.

Send one angel to help each Lord of Hunger continue with the Gruen Diversity Acceptance Campaign.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 02, 2014, 05:26:21 pm »

Yaos: Jeffrey advises that you temper your message slightly. Many seem to feel they are not and can never be ambitious enough and think they may end up being flagged as heretics if they don't improve and cast out of their communities if they do.
Spoiler: Heresy? (click to show/hide)
"Thank you Jeffrey."
Yaos clarifies that lack of ambition does not bring about the wrath of Yaos and that you don't need be at a specific level of ambition before you receive blessings from Yaos. Rather, the more ambitious you are, the more blessed you are, and the less ambitious, the less you are blessed. Having no ambition does not incur any penalty but it incurs no bonuses either. If you want to be really ambitious, do so and receive a large blessing. If you want to be only a little ambitious, do so and receive a small blessing. This applies to all facets of Yaosian worship (save for when true Heresy is involved, which is covered in the Book of Humans.)

A skilled mechanic, a competent metallurgist, a talented alchemist, a talented engineer, and a competent mathematician walk into a bar. The bartender asks "What is this, some kind of joke?" They work together and hire a mage to protect their works. You end up having to calm them down a lot because the mathematician and the alchemist develop a fierce rivalry.
Spoiler: Issues (click to show/hide)

Another peace envoy is sent to the Gruen government. The terms present to prevent the war are simple: either the Gruen government or Grauel must denounce the practice of eating humans and make it illegal. That is the only request.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 02, 2014, 05:57:00 pm »

I shall have a look at how golems and gremlins are feeling abaut upcoming war.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 02, 2014, 06:24:17 pm »

Grant the painter the ability to see the colours of future and of the past as well as the colour of emotions. Make the dream. Walk amongst the biggest golem city, disguised as a steel golem. Speak about the troubles of the golems.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 02, 2014, 06:44:37 pm »

Since the North is so boring create a massive temple with a statue of me in it on World A.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 02, 2014, 07:38:41 pm »

Spoiler: Heresy? (click to show/hide)
"Thank you Jeffrey."
Yaos clarifies that lack of ambition does not bring about the wrath of Yaos and that you don't need be at a specific level of ambition before you receive blessings from Yaos. Rather, the more ambitious you are, the more blessed you are, and the less ambitious, the less you are blessed. Having no ambition does not incur any penalty but it incurs no bonuses either. If you want to be really ambitious, do so and receive a large blessing. If you want to be only a little ambitious, do so and receive a small blessing. This applies to all facets of Yaosian worship (save for when true Heresy is involved, which is covered in the Book of Humans.)

Spoiler: Issues (click to show/hide)

Another peace envoy is sent to the Gruen government. The terms present to prevent the war are simple: either the Gruen government or Grauel must denounce the practice of eating humans and make it illegal. That is the only request.
If the envoy enters Mountwyrm territory, they arre encouraged to turn back, but not hindered.
Azem listens to his followers for thoughts about the Gruen.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T23: War's morning
« Reply #1483 on: November 02, 2014, 08:29:16 pm »

Tick 23: War's morning

Taol's uplifting efforts on the main body of Minio-on society have begun to produce results. A group of Minio-ons stuck in a tunnel following a collapse have awakened and made successful rational attempts to escape. This is expected to increase the presence and influence of the Minio-ons on global issues and will likely increase their capacity for worship. Taol has also clarified that they receive full sapience and can recall important memories from before awakening.

A Failed Sculptor has become a Fledgling Sculptor following a journey and quest by Artisanii to reach the Inspheration. He has come to realize that skill in sculpting is available to any who are sufficiently motivated and has begun what will likely be a lifelong career in sculpting. The first product of his inspiration is a great stone orb and possible representation of the sky with many finely deatiled patterns probably representing the constellations and other astronomical bodies.

Neron has inspected a village in the Northern Lands and found that they need little help in surviving the cold. Noting the boringness of this, Neron creates a massive temple and statue on Keshan.

Yaos has clarified an important point of doctrine for the less literate followers. Simply not being ambitious enough is not even close to being heresy. This calms many of them and they continue their worship more earnestly.

Yaos has also inspired a group of fairly skilled luminaries to meet to begin the creation of various great works. Their relationship is complicated by a fierce rivalry, but Yaos is successful in calming them. The group consists of a proficient mechanic, a skilled metallurgist, an adept alchemist, an adept engineer, and a skilled mathematician. As they continue their collaboration, the alchemist and the mathematician's rivalry becomes more friendly in nature.

Finally, Yaos has sent another peace envoy to the largest Gruen government. The requests are, again, that Grauel or the Gruen government must denounce eating humans. Noticeably absent is a demand for reduced killing in general, which takes the lives of more innocents on both sides.

The Lords of Hunger have been mildly rebuked for their overly broad definition of "uppity" resulting in them consuming those who consume much. A better definition is to consume those who are unwilling to work with other Gruen for the greater good. Grauel has sent an angel to each Lord of Hunger to assist with their Gruen Diversity Acceptance Campaign.

Most of the golems and gremlins look forward to increased work during the war but worry that the combatants will pass through their territory. They seem to really dislike the idea of any foreign army going through.

The Light has granted the Distressed Painter greater color vision and linked emotions to colors. The Distressed Painter has become the Delighted Painter and has begun a prolific career of producing wonderfully colored paintings.

The Light has also begun wandering a golem capital as a steel golem. The golems seem to be troubled by the following things:
"I Hope We Can Stay Neutral. Business Is Good Already, But Think Of When The War Starts."
"There Better Be No Armies Marching Through Our Lands. I And My Friends Will Surely Slaughter Them, Neutrality Be Sewn."
"Your Body Seems Not To Fit Very Well. I Can Fix It For A Low Price."

The Mountwyrms have the following thoughts about the Gruen:
"The Gruen made such excellent trading partners and so did the humans. I hope the war won't stop trade. I love their smoked red moss and crushed bark bread. Even the slime mold juice was delicious!"
"The Gruen can go away for all I care. The humans are where the money is. What have the Gruen done but eat our goods anyway?"
"The humans are pathetic. They say so much about ambition but the smallest Gruen child is more ambitious than their lot."
"They'll both be buying weapons and dubious medicines. By Azem, I hope they go fight as long as they stay out of our lands."

This update's dominant constellations are the Dagger and Ship. The Keshan aurora are anomalously active.

(Neron: -2E, Neron,Grauel,Joha: -2E, Anath,Yaos,Taol: -1E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. I am quite positive the war stuff will be released between T23 and T24.

Sphere ideas this update are Trickery, Happiness, Air, and Protection.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:04:58 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 02, 2014, 09:01:17 pm »

(Yay! Time for my sphere to shine.)

As a final preparations for the war, I check the concentration and quality of weapons across the world. Use the wartime hysteria to sell more to civilians as well, with the "blade behind every blade (of grass)" nudge. Everyone will have a weapon soon....
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 475