Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 603209 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods: A god game of uncommon magnitude [5/∞] (Still recruiting!)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 05:59:34 am »

Name: Azem
Sphere: Greed
Primary form/associated symbol: A gold coin
Description/Background: Money makes the world go round

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 06:11:16 am »

Name: Anath
Sphere: The Night
Primary form/associated symbol: A great man shaped shadow, speckled with gleaming lights akin to stars. Normal symbol is a Solar Eclipse.
Description/Background: Born from the night, Anath has arisen to make sure those annoying mortals don't pollute his nice and pure darkness with too many light sources. After all, then no one can see the stars. Everyone should go admire the night sky right now! You know, if you don't want to be smote.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 07:02:51 am »

Name: Khaziraad
Sphere: Architecture
Primary form/associated symbol: Six handed humanoid of rock and metal. Normal symbol is a tower.
Description/background: Born from first thoughts abaut creation, Khaziraad is the echo of all intentions of material constructivity. All creations are sacred to him, from shack in the wilderness to fully fortified and armed bunkers. No matter the material, wether it would be rock or flesh or magic, all recieve the blessing of the Architect.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 07:09:52 am »

Name: Kli
Sphere: Balance
Primary form/associated symbol: A cloaked androgynous man carrying a set of brass scales. Normal symbol being the brass scales.
Description/Background: Kli firmly believes in the idealogy "Both, both is good." And Kli will make sure everyone else does too.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 11:31:33 am »

Interesting. I'll try and think of something decent for a character sheet. Might take a bit.

Edit:

Name: Grauel

Sphere: Hunger

Primary Form: A shifting amorphous dark green being that continuously forms long snaking large mouthed appendages with many rows of razor sharp teeth. If he were to take a human form it would likely be somewhat recognizable by a strangely predatory grin.

Symbol: A large leech

Description/background: A manifestation of hunger; his purpose is to feed. Those who serve him are either those wishing to appease his great appetite in order to gain favor (and avoid being eaten) or those themselves with great hunger, either symbolic or literal. Places of Grauel's worship are often filled with people devising ways to produce as much food as possible both to feed themselves and their master. Places touched by Grauel's "wrath" or more accurately his "desperate hunger" when he isn't fed enough will be desolate badlands filled with ash, death and monstrous creatures hungrily hunting and fighting for whatever little food there is left. Rumor has it that some of these creatures were even once ordinary creatures polluted and twisted by the desperate hunger that drives all in these bleak lands.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 12:13:49 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 12:53:27 pm »

Acknowledged. Does anyone else have any secret goals to declare? This can range from something as small as creating an afterlife to something as large as summoning a powerful extradimensional being or almost anything you can imagine.

Note that if you have a clearly defined opposite, you are encouraged to antagonize your (perceived) opposites, even try to remove them from power. Exercise caution when doing this so that we don't end up with a derail/flame war, and OOC notes are your friend. Also, be subtle and please do not kill off too many people the first few ticks even though character recreation/suspension is easy.

Some randomly generated spheres:
Wisdom, Dawn, Water, and Healing

Currently discouraged spheres:
Order/Randomness, Honor/Treachery, Weapons, Greed, Night, Architecture, Balance, Hunger

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods: A god game of uncommon magnitude [10/∞] (Still recruiting!)
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 04:08:10 pm »

Minor change to Fusil:
Primary form/associated symbol: An elongated diamond shape acts as his symbol. When he chooses to appear, he takes over the weapon of one of his followers, speaking through it. Failing that, he forms a speaking flame in a flammable object.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods: A god game of uncommon magnitude [10/∞] (Still recruiting!)
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 07:34:33 pm »

Tick 02: The Void condenses

In the churning Chaos of the Void, a vast space begins to form, stabilizing and condensing. Ten figures begin emerging inside this stable pocket in the void. First, a silvery flowing humanoid with a book and spear and a colorful bubble of Void-stuff resolving into an inverted triangle and spade. Next, a weakened regal golden dragon wielding a massive crescent sword and another humanoid form, blue with piercing red eyes and a dark red cowl. Then, an elongated, fiery bronze diamond emerges out of the shifting void along with a large gold coin. From the shadows left by these manifestations, an indistinct humanoid of shadow materializes. The thoughts of creation and shaping this rare bubble of stability bring forth a towering six-handed humanoid of rock and metal, and the continued appearance of the figures causes a cloaked human carrying brass scales to form. Finally, out of the desire in the minds of these figures comes a dark green Void chunk from which appendages carrying slavering, ravenous mouths lined with teeth constantly appear and disappear.

In this realm, even your thoughts carry great power. You are the gods of this world.

Your world is currently as empty as things can get inside stable Void pockets. There are no stars or planets yet. The easiest and cheapest way to create is as a group, as Essence costs born by multiple gods are discounted. As agreement reaches 100%, cost multipliers approach a very low number. What do you do or create? (Be detailed!)

Mechanics notes:
A grand action is defined as an action that affects the game significantly (subjective). Actions such as destroying the previous work and starting over from scratch or decreasing the temperature of everything count as grand actions. Their costs are quite variable and adjusted as the plot (and consensus).
A major action is defined as an action performed on a massive scale. Initiating a major action consumes a base Essence of around 2, changing depending on the consensus (and plot), agreement with character sphere/background, and magnitude. Note that resistance to proposals will potentially interfere with the results of proposals even when they pass.
A minor action is defined as an action that affects little (subjective). Things like causing rain in a small area or manipulating probability using the Butterfly Method or appearing to followers count as minor actions. Their base Essence cost is typically around or under 1, and they typically do not require council approval.

Spoiler: Deities (+3) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (NC) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (NC) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New players (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [10/∞] (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 07:58:12 pm »

"We need land. Something with...substance."

In an empty space in the void, there was a fire. Perhaps more akin to a star, a constant explosion from which a booming voice appeared.

"Yes. We must make a massive planet. A single continuing expanse to fill the void. It shal receive heat and energy from a benevolent sun above. The fertile ground will be the host of abundant resources and metals. And on this, we will plant a species. Immune to the ravages of time, so they may worship us forever, unless they are put to the blade. We can make them in the image of yourselves, with two hands fit for holding weapons, walking upright so they may see the targets. This planet will be a utopia for them, with beasts and forests filled with food for them if they only look. What do you say of this?"

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 08:05:38 pm »

Haha, an immortal race already? Don't you know that immortals provide little in the way of essence compared to those with more... finite life spans?

Might I suggest something a little more practical to start off with so we don't all starve?

Edit:

Double Edit: Oh and not to be pushy but an OOC Thread maybe? I wouldn't mind creating one if you'd prefer.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:11:36 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 08:06:08 pm »

Name: Serac
Sphere: Oceans
Primary form/associated symbol:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Description/Background: A late god, formed from the void to give shape to a world. For what use is greed without objects to covet? Hunger without things to eat?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 08:09:54 pm »

"Are you willing to sacrifice the well being of our charges to simply sate your hunger? We have the power right now to kill death before it is born. Surly, if we make this planet fertile enough, the immortal beings on its surface will gladly provide enough for us to live. We control the amount, there is no reason we cannot make enough immortals to provide the same essence that simple mortal beings would."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2014, 08:11:26 pm »

Re immortal worshippers
Worship: This represents how much genuine respect (whether reverence or fear) sapients have for you, and it contributes to your Essence daily income. Unlike Essence, it represents the rate of worship per turn and cannot be transferred, but deities can affect each other's Worship by affecting their followers. Worship from the extremely long-lived or immortal or extremely powerful is considered to be of lower value, as is Worship from the extremely short-lived or insufficiently sapient. Human-like sapients would probably supply around 1 WU*. Direct mind control nullifies Worship output.

(Not a bad plan, though, as far as keeping bookkeeping easy goes. I estimate you will need not less than 80 base Essence)

(Knits! Ninja'd!)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:13:51 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [11/∞] (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 08:18:12 pm »

(I am aware, and wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't in the OP anyway. At the moment, he is kind of putting himself on a limb for his soon-to-be followers. We *can* get essence other ways, after all, Fusil has no fear of dieing if the plan is enacted. After all, you need weapons to hunt with, and they are still vulnerable to his specialty.)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 08:19:27 pm »

You make the unfair assumption that all would necessarily wish to be immortal. For those who live and love, an immortal life could easily become quite painful should enough loved ones die without them ever having the hope to meet them again. Or at least not without finding methods of ending their own lives... And then they would have to choose between seeing their beloved dead and hurting the living ones who love them or never being reunited. Surely creating mortal creatures with an appropriate afterlife would be far more merciful. Then they can all live out the extent of their years, content to know they shall all be together one day without having to find creative ways of an early expiration...
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 475