Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608594 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T23: War's morning
« Reply #1500 on: November 03, 2014, 10:18:56 pm »

"The Dungeon shall do. Great how foreseeing you are!"

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 24: Mobilization
« Reply #1501 on: November 03, 2014, 10:45:20 pm »

Tick 24: Mobilization

Fusil surveys the world for evidence of the influence of his sphere. It appears that they have become particularly concentrated in human, Gruen, Mountwyrm, and Star Elf towns. This has also had the effect of concentrating the higher-quality weapons in those towns in which weapons in general are present in higher amounts. The general hysteria leads many citizens to keep makeshift weapons around.

Yaos has created a Bestiary of the various creations produced so far by the gods and placed it in the Divine Library.

Azem has inspired the Mountwyrms to attempt to invent better ships using the power of the sign of the Ship. They have begun moving beyond galleys and toward cogs. Some have begun experimenting with exploiting explosive varieties of Gruen spittle for sending items across long distances, but the items are currently incapable of making the transit without destruction.

Generic Angel 1, Angel of Dreamlight*  has been named Matharis and has attended a few debates at the Academy of Light in the form of a young Luminee with rebellious hair. It seems that many of them focus on the potential effects of war especially because the gods themselves intend to participate in this one. Few of them can provide concrete, justified predictions on the consequences of the war from past experience.

The second Angel of the Light has been named Dackstur, who has been given the form of a lion with a golden mane, has been given directed teleportation skill. He has been tasked with defending threatened Lightfollowers fighting against the forces of other gods and teaching them how to fight.

The third Angel of the Light has been named Rufus and given the form of a male Luminee with long fingers, thirteen eyes, and a red halo. He has been sent to scout the plains of all planets and to inform the Light of significant events relating to the Luminee and other Light followers.

(Neron: Fixed, I think.)
Neron listens and hears the following prayer:
Human mystic: "How may I spread your will? I alone know your teachings in this area."

Anath listens and hears the following prayers:
Star Dragon: "I wish it could always be night. Then I wouldn't have to stay asleep all the time."
Star Elf: "Will my model for an elementally-based trap work for the land above our lands?"

Artisanii has blessed the Sculptor and commissioned many stories of his exploits. It seems that the orb has become slightly magical from all the interest.

Khaziraad has issued a warning that Golem settlements have high risks of causing radiation exposure to passing non-Golems. This is in addition to the danger from molten metal and hot fluids in general.

The Light has queued the creation of 69 Tentaculos, tentacled monstrosities with golden scales, rows of sharp teeth, and a burning gaze. They are to defend Lightfollowers in need, which may be controversial among the other supporters. (will cost High 3-4)

Varee has attempted to visit the giant monsters and fauna. Unfortunately, they have yet to be created.

(Varee: The total cost is based on just what the supporters decide to create)

A group of Paladins, Controlados, and battle mages sent by Yaos go to the Luminee village housing the Breaker Knight leaders. There is only one fatality, and the rest are all arrested and sent to a human dungeon.

This update's dominant constellations are the Crown and Gravestone. The Keshan aurora have waned.

(The Light: -2E)
*NCU

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. War commands should be possible around next tick.

Sphere ideas this update are Fishing, Rulership, Travel, and Magic.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:28:27 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T24: Mobilization
« Reply #1502 on: November 03, 2014, 11:14:35 pm »

"Matharis tell the academy that they should focus on finding techniques to keep peace, instead of thinking about war all the time. Rufus tell me of the interesting events."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 04, 2014, 01:00:11 am »

The Inquisition extracts the knowledge to create Breaker Shields from the Breaker Knights via simple interrogation. If that doesn't work, they move up to non-painful Psymental extraction. If that doesn't work, they move up to heavy-duty Psymental extraction. Once done, they are executed discreetly.

Yaos asks Jeffrey for advice.

"Ok so I have three proposals that I think we should vote on. Tell me what you guys think, k?" ;)

So the first is to make a plane of existence where we can send people to fight to the death, except when they die they go back to doing what they were doing and they're never permanently hurt!" ^_^ "I'd make it myself but I'm saving up my E for some projects so I was hoping other gods could chip in and make it free!" :D "It would be nice to prove once and for all that the Angel-Emperor of Mankind could beat Tykki in a fight." ;P "Oh, and the plane should be made so that we can't interfere with the fights because we wouldn't want anyone to cheat now would we?" ;)

"My second proposal is to use Proposal 18.01 to make 7 COLOSSAL Titans. We can figure out what to do with them later, but it would be so COOL having them around! We should make them so they just wander around and don't bother anyone until we figure out what we want to do with them."

Yaos feels that she hasn't listened to prayers in a while and does so.

She checks on the scientists and sees if her plans to make the rivalry between Matho and Alcho is more of a friendly rivalry now. She also checks to see if they made anything valuable.

EDIT: (The Titans aren't supposed to be exceptionally large humans. They're supposed to be unique monsters. Think Shadow of the Colossus or Naruto or any giant monster movie ever. Yeah.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:40:57 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 04, 2014, 02:18:43 am »

Star Elf: "Will my model for an elementally-based trap work for the land above our lands?"

Anath will check over the trap and tell the Star Elf if it will work or not.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 04, 2014, 02:33:52 am »

The Armu are perfect vessels for weapons, yet I have neglected to give them any means of creation of my sphere far above that of their peers. Even with their affinity to Cosmic magic, they can only do so much better than the other races. Weapons must be created, and it takes a master weapon maker to make master weapons.

As such, I will make the Seppo. A race that lives alongside the Armu, in their towns and cities as brothers under me, their father. Each will have incredible skill at the creation of arms, unsurpassed by the mortal races. Not only that, but each will be able to enchant their creations with extra effects, with their affinity for enchanting magics. The Armu will sell these weapons to the other races, spreading my sphere far and wide, reserving the best for their own use.

But what will be the best form for them? They need not the masses of tentacles to wield multiple weapons-perhaps just two hands fit for their work? No-they should have an affinity for what they are working with. They shal be blobs of a special metal, no different than flesh. Simple round blobs capable of jutting out pseudopod to do the work other races use limbs for. The forms are not fit for combat, not even against the other mortal races. But they will be perfect for smithing, with their false limbs designed specifically for the weapon. They will not even need tools to work- their own body will be capable of becoming any tool they may need. The metal will be silvery in color, to better reflect the heat of the forge they build inside of themselves. Yes, I will make 3 million of these, the addition to the Fusil Family.

(I hope that doesn't cost extra, it is already leaving me at one point....)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:36:49 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 04, 2014, 03:01:48 am »

"So the first is to make a plane of existence where we can send people to fight to the death"
"Maybe it would help solve some of the petty squabbles. I support."

"My second proposal is to use Proposal 18.01 to make 7 COLOSSAL Titans."
"I fail to see the point to these. I oppose using Council Essence for these, unless you can find an use for them.[glow]"

"Ok so I have three proposals..."
"Er, what is the third one?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 04, 2014, 03:07:29 am »

(There was going to be a third but then I remembered the last time I made a proposal that would limit the powers of the gods.)

"I fail to see the point to these. I oppose using Council Essence for these, unless you can find an use for them.[glow]"
"Silly Cim! Do you not remember who proposed the proposal in the first place? Varee didn't propose his proposal for any use or purpose or point, he did it just because!"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 04, 2014, 03:10:05 am »

"Most of the new proposals seem useless or just plain bad to use council essence for this. I oppose them."

Artisanii takes a closer look at the blessed sculptor and his apparently magical ball. This is the first he have seen an item become magical with little godly intervention, so he wants to look at it.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 04, 2014, 03:14:51 am »

"Most of the new proposals seem useless or just plain bad to use council essence for this. I oppose them."
*sigh* "No, Artisanii. The DEATH BATTLE Plane proposal costs very little Essence for one god. I only made the proposal because if all gods chipped in then it would be free. The other proposals have already passed and we all already paid the Essence to pass them - we're just discussing on how to go about enacting them.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 04, 2014, 03:58:12 am »

"Silly Cim! Do you not remember who proposed the proposal in the first place? Varee didn't propose his proposal for any use or purpose or point, he did it just because!"
"That does not mean the proposal can't be made useful. If we create them, we will eventually want to find a purpose for them, which will lead to it being either something we can all agree on, or us fighting over it for a long while without resolution. In the former case, we can think of the purpose before we do anything."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T24.5: Mobilization
« Reply #1511 on: November 04, 2014, 06:55:25 am »

Tick 24.5: Preparation

The Academy of Light's thinkers have proposed to petition the gods for the creation of the Peacekeeper, a device of incomprehensible power designed to exterminate all life on the surface should war break out. It seems that they think they are not included in "all life on the surface."

Over the course of the investigation of the Breaker Knights, it quickly becomes apparent that firm, almost exclusive belief in Cim is responsible for maintaining the Breaker enchantment.

Jeffrey advises that Yaos maintain strong trade throughout the war. This should increase favor with Azem and his creations and better the economy.

These are some prayers to Yaos:
"I wish the war would start already so that I can sell these rare medicines of dubious effectiveness."
"I wish we could just befriend the Gruen and stop the war from happening."
"I want to die in a volcano. That would be the best death ever!"
"By Yaos, I want to be the god of Escaping From InHumane Dungeons!"

The Mathematician and the Alchemist seem to be friendlier now, but the group as a whole seems rather opposed to war and the most valuable product of their collaboration is a comprehensive book on Euclidean geometry and an assortment of impractical and expensive but interesting materials.

The Star Elf's traps would probably work quite well and are relatively easily produced. Fortunately or unfortunately, they will persist and probably wound the occasional passing surface-walker for years to come unless swept.

Fusil: Warning: This creation will take you to 1E if not 0E and render you at least dormant and vulnerable if it doesn't kill you outright. Are you sure you wish to continue?

(Cim: Votes counted)

This update's dominant constellations are the Dragon and Ship. The Keshan aurora have waxed once again.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. Secret stuff should be out soon.

Sphere ideas this update are Games, Courage, Fire, and Strength.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 04, 2014, 07:51:19 am »

I [/size]propose[/color][/size] that we populate the world with [/color][/size]numerous gigantic carnivorous plants[/color][/size], underground vegetations, giant mythical beasts that roam the land and maybe a bronze colossuses or three. [/color][/size]Or just mythical creatures of gigantic proportion[/color]

Sticking with the original proposal , I think we are going to get a few , 2-5, gigantice carnivorous plants or 1-3 metal colossusess or Giant Unicorn, Giant Griffin, Giant Serpent and Giant Sponge. So is that ok? or are we putting a random mix of unique creature?

((The other idea i had is let DF generate like 5 mega beast for us and use that :P))
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 04, 2014, 08:22:28 am »

Matharis, still disguised as youngster with rebellious ears, shall begin searching for a team of advanced architects. Once he has a council of 13 architects he shall begin designing a gigantic ecumenical temple to all the gods.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 04, 2014, 10:48:05 am »

Need some essence Fusil? I'll give you 2 essence to encourage a couple Armu to eat Gruen Spores. Deal?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 475