Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608872 times)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T37: Plants within plants within plants
« Reply #2400 on: November 16, 2014, 09:41:29 pm »

Neron: You hear the following prayers:
"We are planning to construct a n ice temple to you. What sort of structure would you prefer?"
"My child has a fever. Can you do something"

"A tall tower with a large courtyard filled with trees."
"Take him to the Grand Temple of Ice and ask of my priests to heal the child."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2401 on: November 16, 2014, 09:56:31 pm »

Give Nuparhi the ability to create stasis bubbles, hopefully with Cim's aid. I will provide all the essence.

Oh, did anyone know that for four essence we could turn that dead god Cim captured into another planet?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: November 16, 2014, 10:29:21 pm »

You mean the one I captured or was there another dead abomination thing that was caught while I wasn't looking?

And no, I'd rather keep it as a guardian. Maybe next time.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T36.5: Spooky Happenings
« Reply #2403 on: November 16, 2014, 10:43:48 pm »

They were going to burn up originally, it's just that not all of them would burn up entirely; small pieces might reach the ground. Or I could set it so they slowed to a speed near the ground that they would not hurt anyone. A god could do the exact same thing by spending essence in any case; it's simply a matter of how the individual is hurt.
"Just do something else. An asteroid, a comet, a meteor shower on Keshan's moon, just not on Keshan itself."

I don't think it could actually do so, and I could set that as a limit in any case to prevent such a scenario.
"Just pick something that isn't so broad and undefined as 'heavens'."

Consider the costs of creating Paladins to defend the people and spread Goodness.
Consider the costs of going through patent law and suing Darruth for idea- and name-taking without paying

Work on the Book of Divine Truth, containing the history of the divine world and the gods as it is currently known and established. Have it enchanted to write itself automatically as time passes.[/b]
vetovetovetovetovetovetovetovetovetovetovetovetoveto
"Artisanii did something similar when he created the Divine Library. That practice was shut down for invading the privacy of gods and their angels. If this book were to write down the history of the divine world it would also write down the secret actions enacted during such, and that stuff is private."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: November 16, 2014, 11:10:53 pm »

It can only write as much as I know, and it will not write of secret dealings. It will, effectively, have a small portion of my consciousness dedicated to it's maintenance. It was meant for me and mine in any case. I see no reason to hide the works of the divine from the mortal, save when it would unnecessarily worry them, or they would only become confused and upset by it's reading, rather than enlightened.

And, hmmm...I had not thought of a comet. I think I will do that instead.

Fine, 'The Gods' rather than 'The Heavens'. Are you satisfied?

Remember that the God Of Goodness has a far better claim on the name Paladin than a God of Ambition. Leaving aside adjectives to be added to either (Holy Paladin, anyone?).
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: November 16, 2014, 11:18:04 pm »

It can only write as much as I know, and it will not write of secret dealings. It will, effectively, have a small portion of my consciousness dedicated to it's maintenance. It was meant for me and mine in any case. I see no reason to hide the works of the divine from the mortal, save when it would unnecessarily worry them, or they would only become confused and upset by it's reading, rather than enlightened.
Allowed.

Fine, 'The Gods' rather than 'The Heavens'. Are you satisfied?
"That is half of a good idea. Just change it to 'Divine Magic' and I'll give my support."

Remember that the God Of Goodness has a far better claim on the name Paladin than a God of Ambition. Leaving aside adjectives to be added to either (Holy Paladin, anyone?).
Remember that the only patent law in existence was created by a servant of said God of Ambition and that said God of Ambition saved the God of Law's life......not that that has anything to do with anything, of course.
(There's no objective definition of 'holy', actually. Something random might be holy to Varee - the god of Randomness, but unholy to Cim - the god of Order. Yaos will still sue you if you use the word 'Paladin' unless you give him something in return. Maybe help with a 2 Essence project?)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:26:32 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 16, 2014, 11:20:47 pm »

Azem wanders Keshan in the guise of a Mountwyrm merchant with an exotic pack-spider.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 16, 2014, 11:47:18 pm »

"36.00: Change to Oppose. The whole point of shortening trials was so violent accused don't have time to attack. Why should we shorten every other type instead?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: November 16, 2014, 11:55:19 pm »

The comet already has to do with divine magic, and we've established that we do not wish them to overlap. Would The Planes or Inter-Dimensional Travel suit better? I am honestly somewhat annoyed that you are contesting my constellation simply by virtue of the aspect it represents not suiting you. It seems rude, if I may be blunt.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: November 17, 2014, 12:14:12 am »

"36.00: Change to Oppose. The whole point of shortening trials was so violent accused don't have time to attack. Why should we shorten every other type instead?"
(I think the GM just accidently'd the structure of the sentence.)

The comet already has to do with divine magic, and we've established that we do not wish them to overlap. Would The Planes or Inter-Dimensional Travel suit better? I am honestly somewhat annoyed that you are contesting my constellation simply by virtue of the aspect it represents not suiting you. It seems rude, if I may be blunt.
(There's a difference between Divine magic and Celestial magic. Celestial has to do with the constellations, Divine has to do with the gods.)
"Inter-Dimensional Travel would work. The Planes wouldn't because there's so many different types with different spheres. There are some constellations up there that do not suit me, actually. I just disagree with the vagueness."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: November 17, 2014, 12:32:58 am »

"Yaos, might I suggest you drop the matter, lest you annoy someone?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 17, 2014, 12:39:12 am »

"Yaos, might I suggest you drop the matter, lest you annoy someone?"
"Fine. But I still ask Darruth to change it to something less loosely-defined as 'Heavens'."

I drop my opposition of the Seraphim constellation.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: November 17, 2014, 12:47:13 am »

"Good. We have enough problems. Now that we don't seem to be in any immediate danger, I suggest we finally figure out what we're going to do with Void Awareness Program, or whatever Fusil called it. I am personally in favor of making a big show of it, with a personal appearance by the whole council."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 17, 2014, 12:50:39 am »

"I think that before we release the Void Awareness Program we release it on ourselves. I, for example, no nothing about the Void except that they set up suicide cults and apathy cults and kidnapping cults and corruption cults...... *sigh* Yeah."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2414 on: November 17, 2014, 12:56:51 am »

Before I continue with resolving the existing stuff, the Void research committee has insta-passed because of the >80% and IMMINENT PASS rule.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 475