Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607931 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [11/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 08:20:02 pm »

(There is now an OOC thread.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 08:21:21 pm »

"I say we establish some ground rule before we work on making things. I propose that each god have a random number of vote between 1 and 6 votes. That ought ta be more fun"
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 08:26:13 pm »

"My brother, you fail to see that we control what these being feel. If we do not wish for them to be saddened by their immortality, they shal not be. For we are their creators, they shal be as we design them. And what if they should die in the afterlife? Shal they follow them from world to world, on the tail of those they love, forever unhappy?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 08:28:08 pm »

"I will side with the diamond. We must be sure they are trained adequately, and I will be teacher. No one knows war like a dragon, and I am king. We must be quick, otherwise, this land, and all other things, are to be in mortal danger. Quiet! You leech, I despise your kind! You are green, and green is what I hate!"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:31:33 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2014, 08:30:10 pm »

(Also, from now on, bold (inclusive) or underline proposals you want to propose or pass, and also the OOC thread will have a nicer condensation of the mechanics and rules.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2014, 08:35:18 pm »

"I say we establish some ground rule before we work on making things. I propose that each god have a random number of vote between 1 and 6 votes. That ought ta be more fun"
"Rejected," Valkiss declared in a regal, pleased with himself tone, as though he'd just solved a problem.

"My brother, you fail to see that we control what these being feel. If we do not wish for them to be saddened by their immortality, they shal not be. For we are their creators, they shal be as we design them. And what if they should die in the afterlife? Shal they follow them from world to world, on the tail of those they love, forever unhappy?"
"I will side with the diamond. We must be sure they are trained adequately, and I will be teacher. No one knows war like a dragon, and I am king. We must be quick, otherwise, this land, and all other things, are to be in mortal danger."
"Then I have a wondrous proposal!" he continued in a cheerful tone, clapping his hands together in front of him. "You two can create your own tribe of rocks. Immortal, carved just as we planned them... oh, how wonderful! I for one cannot wait to bask in the radiant worship of our own carved whims.

Now, for the rest of us, those with the spine to not have everything go according to plan at all times, I propose living things. More specifically, I propose one set of living things, which can then grow and differentiate- and mingle or divide- as we and they see fit. Oh, to be sure, they'll know loss, and pride, and all manner of things we didn't explicitly order them to. Some might even relieve themselves without permission first!

But such is the price of true life, wouldn't you all say?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2014, 08:39:02 pm »

"As well, what would be different from the mortal world and that of the after life? We would not receive essence from them either. Perhaps, to avoid making death meaningless while still allowing mortals eternal life, we should introduce a form of reincarnation? After a set amount of time after death, the men may be reborn unto this world."

((And that should, of course, keep them fighting without fear, while still having reason to fight!))

Then, the orb of fire turns to Valkiss, continuing to speak in the explosion-like voice.

"Perhaps that is not such a bad idea. The rocks, I mean. We may each create or own race, if you so desire."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2014, 08:42:49 pm »

(Also, it would be wise to ask for an Essence quote on OOC before performing any non-minor/non-trivial actions.)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2014, 08:49:01 pm »

"Yes. They are to reincarnate, and should they die, I will teach them in death, show how they died, and teach them to avoid this, and other ways to die. They shall learn through death, and come to life stronger."

"They are to have scales like precious gems and ore. They are to be many colors, not green, green is exiled from our people. They are to be of my image, for they are honorable, and I am honor."
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2014, 08:51:12 pm »

(Text color preliminary)

"Ooh. I like that idea. Make them shiny.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2014, 08:52:16 pm »

Did you intend to create an afterlife where it would be likely for them to die again? I don't entirely understand your proposed scenario. At any rate, if you would have them all be unloving creatures, then yes, I suppose that would negate the issue. Although what of their feelings towards us? Would you prefer that we make something that can only love us? Perhaps self centered love as well? What kind of quality of life would that exactly entail... if that truly is your objective.

One of the appendages sprouts eyes and looks curiously in the direction of the triangle.
Interesting ground rules. Are you... voting that we do that? Does that count as one of your votes?

Grauel laughs at the dragon.
So quick to anger; hardly conductive towards the proper civilized conversation we were having.

At any rate, if you both wish to make an immortal race of selfish war like creatures, go ahead. Truthfully it matters little to me. I'm simply curious of what exactly you are trying to achieve with your creation. For my own part, I will simply ensure that all living creatures have hunger. For them to go without that drive is the only thing I would find unacceptable.

Finally speaking to the blue skinned cowled one,
That is more so what I was thinking. Sounds more interesting.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2014, 09:06:24 pm »

Anath stirs from where he watches the others argue, and whispers into the discussion. "Let the mortals be reborn, after a time. Let death follow life, and life death. Let their souls enter the afterlives from their life, and eventually fade away to start new lives."

"Immortality breeds boredom, familiarity breeds dismissal. Let the mortals reinvent themselves. Let them go on to something new when they tire of themselves. Let there always be new eyes to gaze at the wonders of the night."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2014, 10:11:41 pm »

"As well, what would be different from the mortal world and that of the after life? We would not receive essence from them either. Perhaps, to avoid making death meaningless while still allowing mortals eternal life, we should introduce a form of reincarnation? After a set amount of time after death, the men may be reborn unto this world."

((And that should, of course, keep them fighting without fear, while still having reason to fight!))

Then, the orb of fire turns to Valkiss, continuing to speak in the explosion-like voice.

"Perhaps that is not such a bad idea. The rocks, I mean. We may each create or own race, if you so desire."
"Yes. They are to reincarnate, and should they die, I will teach them in death, show how they died, and teach them to avoid this, and other ways to die. They shall learn through death, and come to life stronger."

"They are to have scales like precious gems and ore. They are to be many colors, not green, green is exiled from our people. They are to be of my image, for they are honorable, and I am honor."
(Text color preliminary)

"Ooh. I like that idea. Make them shiny.
"Well, care to make it official, then? We could create two realms- one for living entities and one for shiny echo chambers carved into statues of yourself. Each deity could pick which manner of worshipers they'd prefer.

Naturally, I'd go for the living things, personally. I daresay otherwise might look rather suspicious!"

Did you intend to create an afterlife where it would be likely for them to die again? I don't entirely understand your proposed scenario. At any rate, if you would have them all be unloving creatures, then yes, I suppose that would negate the issue. Although what of their feelings towards us? Would you prefer that we make something that can only love us? Perhaps self centered love as well? What kind of quality of life would that exactly entail... if that truly is your objective.

One of the appendages sprouts eyes and looks curiously in the direction of the triangle.
Interesting ground rules. Are you... voting that we do that? Does that count as one of your votes?

Grauel laughs at the dragon.
So quick to anger; hardly conductive towards the proper civilized conversation we were having.

At any rate, if you both wish to make an immortal race of selfish war like creatures, go ahead. Truthfully it matters little to me. I'm simply curious of what exactly you are trying to achieve with your creation. For my own part, I will simply ensure that all living creatures have hunger. For them to go without that drive is the only thing I would find unacceptable.

Finally speaking to the blue skinned cowled one,
That is more so what I was thinking. Sounds more interesting.
Valkiss snapped his fingers.

"Dying in the afterlife! That's perfect, we'll use that.

Instead of one realm, we'll have two. That is, instead of one realm for immortal avatars of their masters and one realm for living things, we'll have one realm for immortal avatars of their masters and two realms for living things. When they die in one, their soul is shunted to the other. That way by the time they make it back around, they should be sufficiently different, both from whatever losses they suffer from reincarnation, and whatever gains they achieve in between.

So what do you all say? Two realms, one for handcrafted immortals, one for a singular tribe. Within the tribal realm, two further realms, for them to bounce between on death. Within those realms, one tribe, well perhaps one each, differentiated and spread out as they're wont to be, but naturally and fluidly, not because they were carved that way or earmarked as sacred property."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2014, 10:23:37 pm »

"A sound plan. I will support it."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2014, 10:46:50 pm »

Agreed. Seems to incorporate the Shadow's ideas as well. Still I suppose the cordial thing to do is wait for the other gods as of yet unspoken to voice their opinions before anything drastic is enacted.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 475