Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608004 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T45: Development
« Reply #3255 on: November 26, 2014, 10:22:40 pm »

Azem changes all Yaos' posters to depict himself and the Shiny Ones.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: November 26, 2014, 10:35:21 pm »

I already found where they are coming from. Your temple...
(Whoops! Forgot!)
The Ninjas are sent to infiltrate the temple and find out how exactly they're being created.

I draw a mustache, glasses, a unibrow, and anything else I can think of on Yaos on all of these. Literally all of them.
Veto

Change Yaos' posters to make the void temple into Yaos's temple, with stoNe meN pouring out.
Veto

Azem changes all Yaos' posters to depict himself and the Shiny Ones.
Indeed, Azem is present in the poster. He is depicted as fighting the forces of the Void.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: November 26, 2014, 10:44:17 pm »

Veto

"Just try to stop me!"
*Pulls out "pen" knife*
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3258 on: November 26, 2014, 11:13:53 pm »

Look what all this silliness made me do instead of trying to get a stable internet connection on this train to make the T47 update!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: November 26, 2014, 11:20:47 pm »

WARNING:
EXTREMELY LONG POST AHEAD
PROCEED WITH CAUTION

"I had not attempted murder, thus it was a false charge."
Really? News to me. See, the nice thing about magic records is being able to look at them. So let's take a look at the instant replay, shall we?
INSTANT REPLAY
You were tried by a jury of your peers, and found guilty. You were caught red-handed, for the heavens' sake! Your denials serve only to further sour our opinions of you.

"Do you have no memory? I am the one who brought up charges against them, because of the completely pathetic failing of the last one."
I was wrong about Cim. But then again, you did declare your desire to kill him, and you are saying that Yaos is the one who killed you, not either of the others.

"He killed me. Him dying twice because of that is his own fault, he needs to be punished more. The fact that he just summoned an army that slaughtered at the very least thousands is proof of that, is it not?"
Boy, you sure do love presenting assumptions and theories as facts! Let's say he did kill you. We have no proof that you didn't kill him when you revived; as in, make a deal with the Void or some other convoluted scheme that killed him when you were revived. Leaving that aside for the moment, you tried to kill two gods, without the same provocation Yaos and Cim had. Serac is iffy. But all you got was imprisonment for six ticks, while Yaos was dead for longer than that, I believe. Should you be punished more, then?

"You don't know what my Angels are doing. I am keeping my followers protected. That is my duty. Anything I do over that is just going above and beyond. I don't see your Angels or races on the firing line..."
That may be partially because there isn't a firing line, because we aren't using guns. However, let's look at a more recent instant replay.
INSTANT REPLAY
At almost literally every step, we have been trying to stop them. You haven't. The evidence is clear.

"That was an outright lie. You where not even around for it, assuming you had any idea what was going on is simply insulting."
Two things:
Yeah? How's that medicine taste? It's your medicine, you know. If you don't like being insulted, A. grow some thicker skin, you're a bloody God, and B. don't insult others. That simple.
Second,
INSTANT REPLAY
Notice the time stamps. Besides which, due to the instant replay, I wouldn't even have to be there in any case. I can just check the replays.

"I did not, until I was charged with it. Then they killed me without facing charges. This system is broken, and you are an absulute idiot not to see that. Any mortal could tell you this was a bad law."
The instant replays say otherwise. And they would have faced charges; indeed, they still might, though their sentence will probably be reduced due to the possibility that they felt they were acting in self-defense; you did try to kill 2 out of the three, after all.

"What? Are you an absolute moron? You can try searching yourself. All facts lead to Yaos killing me. You have not disproved this, and I have brought forth evidence for it. You main dismissal of this is that it was me bringing it up. Because that somehow makes it wrong? Yaos brought together a group to attack my jail cell. I die. Yaos gets some essence income. When I return, the void kills Yaos because the deal was broken. All these are facts that you could check with little effort. These are hardly wild and outlandish claims."
The ones that are facts don't point solely to Yaos killing you, and the rest aren't facts. We don't know why the Void killed Yaos. So we don't know that, actually. Yaos attacked your angels, and while this is still despicable, it is not quite the same. It could be that he killed you. He died multiple times in return. Besides, weren't you the one talking about innocent until proven guilty?
You are a biased party; there is an inherent conflict of interest in you presenting your interpretation of the facts, and thus we cannot act solely off of it. Nor can we act solely off of Yaos, as he is also a biased party.

"This has happened many times before without open conflict. You have proven once again to be a horrible judge of character, basing assumptions on things you know nothing about on stereotypes."
Actually I was basing it on the conflict that happened with the council convicting you of attempted murder; you drove one council member into dormancy and launched a last-ditch effort to kill another one. If 40% of the council was violently opposed to an action, because, say, it would kill them, I have little doubt that the current issues would be trivial in comparison.

"Strength in numbers is just another way to say mob rule, when applied to law."
*rolls eyes* it's not just applied to law. Cim and Serac together were able to keep your angels from doing anything. The council as a whole does wield a remarkable amount of power.

"The way things are solved now ends up with me being killed, my killers walking free, and some halfwit trying to lecture me on the law. Of course I want something that benefits me more than that."
You want a system that solves all it's issue with brute force, because that's what you are best at. You want something where you can always have the final say. And in all honesty, all of us do. Democracy is a compromise, because not everyone can have the final say all the time, by definition.

"Doesn't benefit me? It killed me. For no reason. If mortals had done this, lynching a man in prison, it would be called a great injustice. But your opinion of me has clouded your already poor judgment. The current laws murdered me. My murderers received no punishment. This. Is. Broken."
No. The laws prevented you from murdering someone. As a result, you were killed by individuals taking advantage of the situation. That is not a lynching, that is an assassination. And it was a great injustice. Almost as great an injustice as you attempting to kill two gods because one insulted you and the other tried to keep him from being killed, and was opportunely weak.

"I am your elder, superior to you in every way. Is that not enough reason to show respect?"
There's a short answer and a long answer to this. The short answer is: No. It's not.
The long answer is: Your age doesn't matter, and I've achieved the same size of follower base as you, approximately, in addition to the fact that you are not superior to me in every way. At all. Certainly not morally. Nor in terms of diplomacy; look at the number of gods opposing you, and look at the number of gods opposing me. Finally, I am actually showing you a great deal more respect than you're showing me. So perhaps that's just one more way I'm superior; I can engage in verbal discourse without resorting to petty insults.

"I fail to see your point here."
Your application of cause and effect isn't logical or accurate. Their towns were destroyed before they even realized something was happening; if it had been in a different location, it would have been one of your towns, instead.

"Again, I say that you are an absolute idiot. I am fighting them, you have no clue how I am doing it, my tactics, or even what I am using. I am not nuking things for the entire council to see, considering that tactic got the God of Architecture's servant gravely injured. That does not mean I am not fighting them, and if you expect every battle to go like that you are simply a moron."
If you aren't doing it out in the open, what reason do I have to believe you? Why wouldn't you do it out in the open, so that the council might cooperate? Khaziraad's Archangel was injured because the amount of damage it did was so catastrophic, and it was so tough no one's angels or archangels could damage it. I have my doubts that Tykki could accomplish as much.

"How is that even remotely related? I protect my people, as is my duty. The fact you have nobody to protect does not mean you are doing more than I."
Which was precisely my point; I was showing how your logic was flawed by applying it to myself.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:27:38 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3260 on: November 26, 2014, 11:40:01 pm »

Look what all this silliness made me do instead of trying to get a stable internet connection on this train to make the T47 update!
Amazing! Brilliant! Help Yaos rain copies over the entire human kingdom. :P
And set up adventurer quest boards in my pastry shop.

Yaos, you should know the last deal I made with the void was over a thousand years ago. Even ask Cim! All I did was create a temple, which I then destroyed.

And I recall you threatened to kill me if I didn't destroy the void temple, I feel entitled to a joke threat to turn you into a rowboat, cover you in grapes, and throw you out to fight the void.

Create a species of giant mushrooms that will always show the sky above, no matter how deep they are. We do have caverns, right?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3261 on: November 26, 2014, 11:47:34 pm »

Tick 47: Ye monsters!

The first Templars have been prototyped by Darruth, who has made 600 of them. Some Seppo have decided to make some weapons for them, and the Mountwyrms have hurried to finish the commission lest the Dwarves receive the full final payment instead.

Gruen all over Keshan have become more amenable to unification attempts by the Lords of Hunger guided by Grauel. Several more centralized confederacies have formed, and most members delegate military work to a more central authority.

Serac has opened up a pastry shop selling Hardboiled Rainbows that taste like colors and look like smells and donating much to charity. They are very popular among the local Sorae, and some have taken to re-selling (less fresh) Rainbows on the mainland. Additionally, Serac has created a number of interesting flora to embellish the scenic wilderness and the *?Tadpoles of Temperature, which can potentially become familiars for the Sorae.

The stoNe soldieRs show no sign of stopping their appearance despite many strong efforts from various gods' creations. They seem to serve Yaos, but they have yet to obey a single Council-audible command.

Yaos and various creations fight the monsters. They do not fight back in the least.

Taol has been sealed away and hidden by Yaos. No one can seem to detect where he is.

A bubble has popped near Yaos and delivered a foul message in an eldritch tongue of CVC(C)-type words of an average of four letters if written using an alphabet.

Yaos listens to some prayers from various creations, and these are the prayers:
Muman: "I want to fly like a flimp!"
Keshan Human: "Why can't I just keep these nice stoNe people as servants? They sweep and mop my floors, wash my clothes, and even bear hug thieves!"
Slythan Huminee: "I want to be made completely Human. Luminees stink. Even my mother."

Void Cults are at an all-time low even though the Inquisition reports unchanged amounts of purging.

Yaos absorbs more memories of combat. Most of them are not too traumatic.

Darruth has propagated a few tens of thousands of Seraphim and continued spreading the message of Goodness. Some prayers are as follows:
"I wish I could be as big as the moon!"
"The food bank here is unsuccessful, and we are losing much funding. What can we do?"
"My Goodness! Did Tykki blink in this room? Clean it at once!"

The Templars are quite successful, but the waRRioRs are endless.

The Ice Titans have, with Neron's assistance, begun helping with building a wall around the stoNe meN.

Azem hears these prayers:
Dwarf: "Make it so those Mountwyrms lose their commission for armor! Everyone knows we make the best and they make the "best."
Gem Dragon Lawmancer: "How can I teach Lawmancy without corruption?"
Priest: "Are you Wealth or Greed now?"

Sappira has been combat-enhanced.

Yaos' symbol has been changed to that of a crowned human holding an orb in one hand and pointing to the heavens with the other.

Yaos has recreated the Orbs of Ambition and given two to Malik, two to the Mighty King, and three to the Terrifying Warlady.

(Time travel is possible with sufficient arrangement discussion.)

Sappira is taking notes.

Merwen and the pilgrims have begun crafting weapons and magic items. It is hard work.

(more later, train arrives soon)

(Yaos: -4E, Darruth: -3E, Neron: -2E), Azem: -1E

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

This update's constellations are the Crown and Ship.

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Hospitality, Revenge (a bit redundant, no?), Earth, and Fire.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: November 27, 2014, 12:01:00 am »

"You are only repeating your lies, and misconceptions you have in your stupidity. Why should I bother to respond to someone as lowly as you, when you will not make the effort for new arguments? We could continue repeating our selves until the Void destroy us, but it wouldn't effect anything. Learn your place, scum."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: November 27, 2014, 12:09:08 am »

(What!? Why am I wearing glasses!? What!? This is what I look like right now.)

-snip-
@Fusil:

I feel entitled to a joke threat to turn you into a rowboat and throw you out to fight the void.
"You do realise that I proposed doing that exact thing, right? Heck, if I had 25 Essence to spend I'd be doing pretty much exactly that."

They seem to serve Yaos, but they have yet to obey a single Council-audible command.
The ONLY kind of command that Yaos has given them. Yaos hasn't even attempted to give them a command via secret action.

Muman: "I want to fly like a flimp!"
Keshan Human: "Why can't I just keep these nice stoNe people as servants? They sweep and mop my floors, wash my clothes, and even bear hug thieves!"
Slythan Huminee: "I want to be made completely Human. Luminees stink. Even my mother."
"I recommend either learning air magic if you can or working on chi channelling."
"Genocide and city-razi-.......they do WHAT!? How did you get them to do stuff for you!? What made them listen!?"
Ignore.

Void Cults are at an all-time low even though the Inquisition reports unchanged amounts of purging.
I attribute the lack of Void cults to the unchanged amounts of purging. Great job guys! :D I trade some of the more heinous cultist prisoners in exchange for the Puzzle Box.

Yaos' symbol has been changed to that of a crowned human holding an orb in one hand and pointing to the heavens with the other.
"I did this as a secret action. It was to test if changing my symbol would automatically change it on the Stone Warriors. It did not. I don't know what this mean, except that they are not intrinsically tied to me. That's what I believe, in any case."

(Yaos: -4E)
(What could I have possibly spent 4 Essence on? The original Orbs of Ambition were created with a mere 2 Essence and that was when Ambition was my secondary sphere.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: November 27, 2014, 12:16:29 am »

(I drew them on. Vetos mean nothing!)

@Fusil:

Response:

"You do realise that I proposed doing that exact thing, right? Heck, if I had 25 Essence to spend I'd be doing pretty much exactly that."

"I support throwing Yaos into the void. "

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: November 27, 2014, 12:21:17 am »

(I drew them on. Vetos mean nothing!)
(If you can magically draw graffiti on every single poster in existence, then I can magically stop you from doing exactly that every time.)

"A fireworks show? Umm, thank you?"

"I support throwing Yaos into the void. "
"Wait. You're actually trying to help me get a moon-sized space battleship with a WMG and a humanoid form? Thanks Fusil!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: November 27, 2014, 12:22:39 am »

(If you can magically draw graffiti on every single poster in existence, then I can magically stop you from doing exactly that every time.)

(I did it physically. With a 'pen knife.' Wanna come down and stop me phisically? I am sure I would like to meet my murderer face to face.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: November 27, 2014, 12:24:27 am »

"Wait. You're actually trying to help me get a moon-sized space battleship with a WMG and a humanoid form? Thanks Fusil!"

"No. I was supporting the rowboat with grapes."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: November 27, 2014, 12:27:31 am »

(I did it physically. With a 'pen knife.' Wanna come down and stop me phisically? I am sure I would like to meet my murderer face to face.)
(Once I refill on Essence, maybe.)

"I would like to remind everyone that during the attack I publicly tried to take Fusil to safety in the DEATH BATTLE Plane but Council Rules arrested the angel I sent to do that."

"No. I was supporting the rowboat with grapes."
"So you're planning on turning me into a moon-sized battleship with a WMG and a humanoid form and then putting me in a rowboat? Seems kinda the same but I'm still down."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3269 on: November 27, 2014, 12:29:23 am »

No, we are planning on turning you into a rowboat filled with grapes. We could even give you a humanoid bobblehead if that would make you feel better...
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 475