Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608935 times)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T97: Revivication
« Reply #5655 on: January 18, 2015, 10:54:37 am »

May I file for a restraining order?
Yes. Do it.

Since I don't really have anything else going on at the moment, I think I'll use 30E to propogate all 4 of my races, proportional to how many are already there.

Also, support 95.04.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: January 18, 2015, 12:34:29 pm »

"That may work then. I'll just have to stay out of the touchier ones' lands."

Pfft, where's the fun in that? Its only a game.

"Luck is flowing like spirits at a feast, O Mutable One!"

Ask for an example of luck flowing as such, and bless the man's glove

There is much uproar among the gambling halls following the announcement of the curse on non-Commission halls. Some do join, but there are also reports of shrines to Fortuna being destroyed.

Pick one of the detractors with the largest gambling hall, and float them up to the ceiling so that everyone can see him, while I stand below. Gesticulating mildly, which pinches off their extremities ((DF style!!)) one by one, starting with fingers and toes, then hands/feet and so on, until left with a torso and a head, while I use my godly powers to keep them alive.

I'm wondering what you hoped to gain in destroying my shrines, mortal. I would say I'm a very accommodating god, indeed I gave you the choice to join the commission or not, instead of just blasting you into gibs for assuming that I would allow you to give your patrons a less than fair chance of walking away with more than they came with. I am the god of Luck, you do not get to decide how luck is portioned out!

I was happy to allow your continued existence, admittedly with a great deal less luck, but you decided the best course of action would be to act against me. I cannot let this go unpunished, lest other mortals decide they can act against me and my celestial brethren without worrying about the consequences. You are a fool, and will serve as an example to other fools, mortal.

Set my hand in a fist, crushing the mortal's head above me.

Offer the remainder of the blaspheming gambling hall owners to Melyssa and the Flagellants.

I hope your people enjoy my gift, Melyssa

Amend the Commission rules: gambling halls now get no house edge in any of their games. It is now pure chance who wins. Curse any gambling halls that are not in the Commission after my example.

Tycho: "That's what your less lucky priests would do. I get to do the fun stuff because I have all the luck!"
Tycho has activated his Rod. Colorful ribbons burst from the ground like geysers, attracting a great many random people.

Take the Rod and blast Tycho into random animals until he listens. Turn him back to normal with a snap of my fingers, and return the Rod to him

Tycho, I appreciate that you are insanely lucky, but do you remember why?

You are my acolyte now. I can't have you deceiving people into worshiping me. I don't want a reputation as a liar.

Now, I'm asking you nicely, and for the last time: change your methods, or I'll be forced to take steps, okay?

A mischievous sculptor has chiseled in "Malakath and Cyrix, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G" on a cliff face and been found dead three days later.

Find this sculptor's soul and ask him if he wants to become a priest of Fortuna, in return for my protection for his boldness ((I'm right in assuming he has been reincarnated on the other planet, yes?))

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Children, Day, Animals, and Fire. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Honesty and Misfortune.

((Bring it on >:())

Listen to prayers
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: January 18, 2015, 12:44:59 pm »

Offer the remainder of the blaspheming gambling hall owners to Melyssa and the Flagellants.

"I am truly grateful. I shall ensure that they regret their mistakes."
Order the Flagellants to lock the infidels in a small cage after Abacinating, Denailing and Kneecapping them. Let them publically starve to death.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: January 18, 2015, 01:16:28 pm »

Pick one of the detractors with the largest gambling hall, and float them up to the ceiling so that everyone can see him, while I stand below. Gesticulating mildly, which pinches off their extremities ((DF style!!)) one by one, starting with fingers and toes, then hands/feet and so on, until left with a torso and a head, while I use my godly powers to keep them alive.

I'm wondering what you hoped to gain in destroying my shrines, mortal. I would say I'm a very accommodating god, indeed I gave you the choice to join the commission or not, instead of just blasting you into gibs for assuming that I would allow you to give your patrons a less than fair chance of walking away with more than they came with. I am the god of Luck, you do not get to decide how luck is portioned out!

I was happy to allow your continued existence, admittedly with a great deal less luck, but you decided the best course of action would be to act against me. I cannot let this go unpunished, lest other mortals decide they can act against me and my celestial brethren without worrying about the consequences. You are a fool, and will serve as an example to other fools, mortal.

Set my hand in a fist, crushing the mortal's head above me.

"...Isn't that a little excessive? You do not even know who is responsible yet, and that would hardly fix the problem you seem to see. I would suggest that you do at least a cursory investigation before sentencing people to death by torture..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: January 18, 2015, 01:23:34 pm »

The mortals destroyed my shrines, Fusil. I don't care if there is something insidious behind it, the mortals cannot be allowed to dampen my, or any of your, influence because they disagree with our decisions.

Melyssa, seeing as you are already torturing them, perhaps you can garner some information about which entity was behind their decision to erode my worship?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: January 18, 2015, 01:29:47 pm »

The mortals destroyed my shrines, Fusil. I don't care if there is something insidious behind it, the mortals cannot be allowed to dampen my, or any of your, influence because they disagree with our decisions.

Melyssa, seeing as you are already torturing them, perhaps you can garner some information about which entity was behind their decision to erode my worship?

"Did they? You just picked a random guy and his workers! There is absolutely zero reason to assume he had anything to do with your shrines being destroyed. I hardly care if mortals try to dampen my influence, and you started it. In the most ineffective way imaginable. Surely, you can think of at least a butterfly effect way to get them to join, one that doesn't involve cursing them."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: January 18, 2015, 01:39:11 pm »

If anything, it at least lets the mortals know I don't like destruction of my shrines. Harsh, perhaps, but effective.

Also, not random. I at least chose people who were acting against me in some way, in this instance refusing to join my Commission. I have no qualms over this.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: January 18, 2015, 01:45:41 pm »

If anything, it at least lets the mortals know I don't like destruction of my shrines. Harsh, perhaps, but effective.

Also, not random. I at least chose people who were acting against me in some way, in this instance refusing to join my Commission. I have no qualms over this.

"How so? Killing a group of people who displease you? Simply spreading a rumor you did that would be just as effective, and I doubt it would be very effective at that. Refusing your commission is hardly acting against you, simply not acting with you. As acting with you would actively harm them with no real benefit, it makes since to do so. Such an act hardly requires such a painful death."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: January 18, 2015, 01:48:13 pm »

"No matter who or what ordered them to destroy the shrines, they have made a mistake listening to them. Torture is the only way to cleanse their souls. Their luck has run out. But even though their crimes against Fortuna can not be forgiven, I still wish to know who asked them to do it.''

Ask the infidels who or what ordered them to destroy shrines. Offer them a swift and merciful slightly less painful death if they say who did it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: January 18, 2015, 01:51:32 pm »

I would like to make the point that gambling halls are businesses which rely on stacking luck in favour of a particular party, usually the owner. As the god of Luck, why should I allow mortals to influence luck, one way or the other? Thus, the Commission.

Thank you, Melyssa, for your aid in this matter.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: January 18, 2015, 01:54:10 pm »

"No matter who or what ordered them to destroy the shrines, they have made a mistake listening to them. Torture is the only way to cleanse their souls. Their luck has run out. But even though their crimes against Fortuna can not be forgiven, I still wish to know who asked them to do it.''

Ask the infidels who or what ordered them to destroy shrines. Offer them a swift and merciful slightly less painful death if they say who did it.

".......But they had nothing to do with the attacks! Absolutely nothing...."

I would like to make the point that gambling halls are businesses which rely on stacking luck in favour of a particular party, usually the owner. As the god of Luck, why should I allow mortals to influence luck, one way or the other? Thus, the Commission.

Thank you, Melyssa, for your aid in this matter.

"They work on stacking the odds in favor of one party, not the luck. It is literally the only way they can run. They wouldn't make any money if they lost it half the time. Since you seem to be obsessed with Gambling halls, having them all destroyed in such a way seems strange."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: January 18, 2015, 01:59:31 pm »

".......But they had nothing to do with the attacks! Absolutely nothing...."
"How can you be so sure? You seem to know more about this than you should...."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: January 18, 2015, 02:01:58 pm »

".......But they had nothing to do with the attacks! Absolutely nothing...."\

You chastise me for making assumptions, yet here you are, doing the same.

That is, of course, unless you know something you're not sharing.

"They work on stacking the odds in favor of one party, not the luck. It is literally the only way they can run. They wouldn't make any money if they lost it half the time. Since you seem to be obsessed with Gambling halls, having them all destroyed in such a way seems strange."

Further assumptions that those on the Commission aren't just having the odds replaced with Luck...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: January 18, 2015, 02:06:04 pm »

"How can you be so sure? You seem to know more about this than you should...."

"He literally burst into the door of a random gambling hall and started torturing the people in charge of it. Why in the worlds would this just happen to find a guilty party? And if you are implying that I destroyed them, I could level every one of his temples in the span of a tick. Yours, too. I would hardly use such an ineffective method."

You chastise me for making assumptions, yet here you are, doing the same.

That is, of course, unless you know something you're not sharing.

"You would literally be more likely to find the true culprits from drawing a name out of a hat! There is zero evidence leading to believe that these people did anything. Assuming they are innocent is the logical choice."

Further assumptions that those on the Commission aren't just having the odds replaced with Luck...

"Is that really relevant?"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: January 18, 2015, 02:13:36 pm »

Well perhaps I was a little... excessive. Doesn't mean I was wrong.

It may be more likely that the person was innocent, but just because something is likely, doesn't mean it actually is.

Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 475