Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 609035 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T108: Relay
« Reply #6825 on: February 08, 2015, 07:01:15 pm »

Propose: I Say We Remove all Harmful Effects/Addictions from Narcotics!
"I've changed my mind. I'm going to oppose this proposal. In the time that the proposal will pass someone might create a narcotic similar to what I described previously. Instead I will only support removing all harmful effects from Mystic Snow and Frost Weed specifically. Additionally, I will support removing all addictions from all narcotics since addiction is never good regardless of the narcotic's effects."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:32:00 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: February 08, 2015, 07:07:31 pm »

"I've changed my mind. I'm going to oppose this proposal. In the time that the proposal will pass someone might create a narcotic similar to what I described previously. Instead I will only support removing all harmful effects from Mystic Snow and Frost Weed specifically[. Additionally, I will support removing all addictions from all narcotics since addiction is never good regardless of the narcotic's effects."

You have no problem with drugs that break a mortal's system of morality but are against addictions? I must admit this opinion of yours greatly confuse me. Anyways, I Oppose removing the addictive effect of all future drugs.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: February 08, 2015, 07:15:04 pm »

This what I'm talking about when I say some of you are too reliant on the council. How hard would it be to make a small modification to your own followers so they don't get addicted to things so easily? I see little reason for the council to get involved in every little change a god wants to make to the world when most of these changes can be done quite easily by individuals or small groups and often without dragging people who don't care into it.

Council action should really be for only the most important of cases that effect everyone and that can't be solved by individuals or small groups without massive investments. I don't think this is one of those cases.

Watch.

Make it so the Gruen do not suffer from addictive properties of any substances unless I specify that it affects them.

Problem solved for me. I don't need to make a proposal and convince everyone to make it pass and I don't need to worry about the Gruen snorting snow. Imagine that someone just goes and makes something new and even more addictive by using a lot of essence. With the way you all do things, we'd have to go through a whole new round of proposals and voting whereas I just need to take a few seconds to employ a new quick action.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: February 08, 2015, 07:20:44 pm »

Indeed, but your dealers are also proselytising, which is something I cannot abide.
"I was just arguing against the insinuation that I'm using Mystic Weed as a catalyst to gain more followers which I am most certainly not doing. Proselytism is merely a side activity and will not interfere with their anti-Snow work."

You're using the excuse of giving addicts a different drug in order to convert them, Malakath. This is going to erode another god's Essence gain to some extent, which I don't like, and would like even less if it were my worshipers.

What are the effects of this Mystic Weed, and also the Mystic Snow, so I know just how bad the work should be for the addicts in Chance.
"Mystic Weed is less addictive than Mystic Snow. While Snow makes someone feel happy and energetic, Weed makes them calm and at peace. Despite this, someone who regularly consumes Weed is more productive than someone who regularly consumes Snow since Weed's effects are less severe and it's not actively distractive against pursuing other activities, unlike Snow."

EDIT: "The one thing it distracts against is addiction to Mystic Snow."

An addendum to the edict putting junkies to work: the convicts will be provided with the minimum amount of Weed and/or Snow to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Any convict wishing to be paroled will be observed over the course of a half-year while still doing the menial labour. After this, they will be released into society, to do as they wish, but still under a further half-year observation to make sure they aren't using.
"Fortuna, you have no Mystic Weed addicts. I only created Mystic Weed this Tick and the only ones who have access to it are my missionaries who haven't visited your cities. Since they're not allowed to enter, it's unlikely you will ever half Mystic Weed addicts unless you give them some."

Missionaries will only distribute enough Weed to each person to last that person a day. People are not allowed to buy in bulk.

Well, your efforts have at least shown me a way in which to make the quality of life of law abiding Turonni slightly better, even if you have decided against continuing your fallacy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: February 08, 2015, 07:22:51 pm »

This what I'm talking about when I say some of you are too reliant on the council. How hard would it be to make a small modification to your own followers so they don't get addicted to things so easily? I see little reason for the council to get involved in every little change a god wants to make to the world when most of these changes can be done quite easily by individuals or small groups and often without dragging people who don't care into it.

Council action should really be for only the most important of cases that effect everyone and that can't be solved by individuals or small groups without massive investments. I don't think this is one of those cases.

Watch.

Make it so the Gruen do not suffer from addictive properties of any substances unless I specify that it affects them.

Problem solved for me. I don't need to make a proposal and convince everyone to make it pass and I don't need to worry about the Gruen snorting snow. Imagine that someone just goes and makes something new and even more addictive by using a lot of essence. With the way you all do things, we'd have to go through a whole new round of proposals and voting whereas I just need to take a few seconds to employ a new quick action.

"This really seems like the obviose solution. Why are you arguing over something when, as Gods, you can change it with little effort? Even for just your own followers if you feel it necessary. Everyone can have it their own way for a few essence without this pointless council."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: February 08, 2015, 07:25:36 pm »

Watch.

"This really seems like the obviose solution. Why are you arguing over something when, as Gods, you can change it with little effort? Even for just your own followers if you feel it necessary. Everyone can have it their own way for a few essence without this pointless council."
My only real interest in this conflict is to prevent the creation of laws that will restrict the creation of drugs or limit their effect.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: February 08, 2015, 07:41:38 pm »

"I've changed my mind. I'm going to oppose this proposal. In the time that the proposal will pass someone might create a narcotic similar to what I described previously. Instead I will only support removing all harmful effects from Mystic Snow and Frost Weed specifically[. Additionally, I will support removing all addictions from all narcotics since addiction is never good regardless of the narcotic's effects."

You have no problem with drugs that break a mortal's system of morality but are against addictions? I must admit this opinion of yours greatly confuse me. Anyways, I Oppose removing the addictive effect of all future drugs.
"I'm against both. What I'm saying is that the morality breaker should have harmful effects against those who take it and that addictions are never good no matter what drug is taken. Being addicted to something that breaks your morality and actively harms you is bad, no?"

You're using the excuse of giving addicts a different drug in order to convert them, Malakath. This is going to erode another god's Essence gain to some extent, which I don't like, and would like even less if it were my worshipers.
"As I said, they would've kept their proselytism separate from their drug-dealing - they wouldn't attempt to convert people who bought from them. If I didn't have my missionaries proselytise while they were in foreign lands then I would gain nothing from undertaking in this activity unless I served only my own cities. Looking back, however, I can see that that was not sufficiently charitable enough and if the current proposals to fix Mystic Snow don't pass then I will even help cities whose people primarily worship other gods without attempting to convert them."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:43:23 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: February 08, 2015, 07:51:29 pm »

"As I said, they would've kept their proselytism separate from their drug-dealing - they wouldn't attempt to convert people who bought from them. If I didn't have my missionaries proselytise while they were in foreign lands then I would gain nothing from undertaking in this activity unless I served only my own cities. Looking back, however, I can see that that was not sufficiently charitable enough and if the current proposals to fix Mystic Snow don't pass then I will even help cities whose people primarily worship other gods without attempting to convert them."

You overstep your bounds, Malakath.

As has been mentioned previously, we are gods; we can fix most mortal problems with a little Essence investment. I do not recall ever electing you as moral authority over my worshipers, or anyone else's but your own.

Given that we are technically competing against each other, any form of charity that was not expressly asked for, perhaps even then, should be looked upon with suspicion. The proselytising, irrespective of your arguments that the drug-dealing and religious discourse will be kept separate, is the suspicious part. These are two things I don't want within Chance.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: February 08, 2015, 08:06:52 pm »

Neron creates a highly addictive mushroom called IceGrowth that gives weird visions when eaten and spreads it across Nikjol. It grows best in the dark and cold on ice.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:40:36 pm by Ama »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: February 08, 2015, 08:21:15 pm »

((Has this suddenly turned into Pablo Escobar: The Simulation? :P))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: February 08, 2015, 08:38:18 pm »

I create a vine with narcotic proprieties on slytha. It shall be highly addictive, allow heightened senses and make the consumer highly aggressive. It will also cause a mental degradation after long term use, making the consumer loose his sapience and act like an animal. It shall be named "Tyrannis"

((I declare drug war, everyone must try to make the best narcotic!))

Edit: It can be either eaten raw or smoked. It will grow on trees
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:42:59 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: February 08, 2015, 09:03:42 pm »

Given that we are technically competing against each other...
"We are only competing with each-other because we choose to. We can just as easily choose to work together and openly promote polytheism."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: February 08, 2015, 09:23:06 pm »

"We are only competing with each-other because we choose to. We can just as easily choose to work together and openly promote polytheism."

Pfft, fuck that...

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: February 08, 2015, 09:59:04 pm »

+1 and unify under a grand pantheon.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: February 08, 2015, 10:15:23 pm »

((Drug Challenge Accepted.))

KI'Tork requires that his Frost Kobold Priests smoke Frost Weed during Rituals and Prayers.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 475