Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 609085 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T110: BURN THE HERETIC?
« Reply #7035 on: February 13, 2015, 02:32:40 pm »

My orb appears to the council
Could someone please inform me on the "Yaosian inquisition" and "the shadowy ones"? I will not be able to properly conduct this interrogation if I do not know more about the merman's history. Any significant details on the life of the emperor is welcome.
"Not sure about the shadowy ones, might be void beings, but the Yaosian inquisition was founded by Yaos, late God/Goddess of Humans and Ambition, to stop hostile void cults in the old Human Empire. They were disliked by most Gods for their harsh crackdowns on anyone with even a trace of void influence. They were shut down by the Gods after Yaos died."

Did this inquisition harm the emperor or his people in any way? Also, the wording of the emperor seems to indicate that the threat the "shadowy ones" represent is over.

On a side note, the emperor have been surprisingly cooperative so far. I did not even have to use some of the... less desirable means of obtaining information.

You won't mind if I don't believe you on that one, I'm sure.

Then why don't you interrogate him after me? Hell, why don't we all interrogate him one at a time? Undeserved distrust is not going to help any of us, how can we hope to achieve anything if we cannot trust each other on anything? Remember that I was not present when the emperor did his conquest, and so I have no bias in favor or against him as I was not affected by his actions.
I would also be grateful if you remembered that I am the god of eldritch secrets, not the god of lies and chronic backstabbing.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: February 13, 2015, 02:36:37 pm »

"Do we have the Merman Emperor's Permission to interrogate him?"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: February 13, 2015, 02:42:17 pm »

He did not seem to oppose to the idea. I do not see why we would need his permission. He is, after all accused of several war crimes.

I also need to know if the yaosian inquisition harmed the emperor or his people in any way. I won't be able to continue the interrogation until I have an answer.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: February 13, 2015, 02:46:49 pm »

"Hmm, Perhaps I could Interrogate the Emperor after your done. I have a... Certain Way with words."

KI'Tork pulls out a Cookbook and begins preparing Gourmet Donuts.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: February 13, 2015, 02:47:56 pm »

He did not seem to oppose to the idea. I do not see why we would need his permission. He is, after all accused of several war crimes.

I also need to know if the yaosian inquisition harmed the emperor or his people in any way. I won't be able to continue the interrogation until I have an answer.

It's not a crime to wage war. He also rebuilt the conquered territories, so he's nothing if not a benevolent tyrant. It's more why he started fighting that I'm interested in, it was quite out of the deep blue...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: February 13, 2015, 03:04:40 pm »

It's not a crime to wage war. He also rebuilt the conquered territories, so he's nothing if not a benevolent tyrant. It's more why he started fighting that I'm interested in, it was quite out of the deep blue...

I will make sure to find his reasons if I can get my answer and resume the interrogation.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: February 13, 2015, 03:45:23 pm »

Yaosian inquisition was disbanded quite some time ago. I objected, but it doesn't matter anymore. Fusil should come around after a while, it is not the first time he dissapears wihile sealed.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: February 13, 2015, 03:53:41 pm »

Yaosian inquisition was disbanded quite some time ago. I objected, but it doesn't matter anymore. Fusil should come around after a while, it is not the first time he dissapears wihile sealed.

"And what if Fusil Doesn't and the A.S.H cities decide to reek undeserved vengeance among the Other Mortals? Even with Divine Power they'd be nearly indomitable. If it took us nearly a dozen Ticks to deal with Mermen, Then How can we keep our Followers safe from an A.S.H City Uprising?"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: February 13, 2015, 03:57:44 pm »

If he doesnt I will be so amazed,  my amazment will spread like an aura to all mortals, they will be overcome by it, and none will be able to wage war ofer theri suden amazment. All of them will say, in perfect unison, "Wow, that was entirely unexpected", they shall understand their simmilarities joined by single emotion, and none will fight ever again.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: February 13, 2015, 04:08:06 pm »

"The Yaosian inquisition was disbanded long before the Merman emperor began his warmongering.

Woohoo! Fusil's dead! Burn baby burn! Burn baby burn! Fireworks for everyone!

Distribute fireworks (using 1E)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"You, too, have hidden your followers, Cim, Esteemed Lawgiver. Your worshippers vastly surpass Joha's in number, yet we see not a single trace of them. Quéßäre Smoldertongue has done so as well. Have any of you gods knowledge of where Àrenne is? Do none of you find it puzzling how the wolf people survived the merfolk campaign despite the recent formation of their civilization? The Armu-Seppo-Hovori cities can at least know of other gods, a step above the high elves, to be sure. Surely the fact that these other gods spite Fusil so is little encouragement? The sword of justice cuts both ways."
"Despite your beliefs, I actually do not stop my followers in Àrenne from worshiping other Gods. There is, however much it may disgust me, a sizable Fusil following there. I have not stopped them from worshiping you, nor do I encourage it. In fact, just a little while ago I made a church to Raptil there. It is hidden because we know how much a certain God (FUSIL) likes to slaughter those they he oppose them, which is everyone.

Also, surviving is all the Wolf-men did in the Merfolk invasion, of which only a few thousand of them actually accomplished. They survived because Ñurnea is a giant citadel and I assisted them in defending it."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: February 13, 2015, 04:30:07 pm »

Send a message to the Sewa that are not on the farm planet, name pending
"Rejoice! For you now have a heaven after death. Rejoice! For every other life will be lived in a peaceful planet made entirly for you! My creation, you have broken the chains of what these others live through and are enclosed in my sphere of protection! Rejoice!"
"You do know that Grauel has sent Gruen spores to populate your planet, right? Be sure to keep an eye on the Gruen in case they develop sapient creature-eating tendencies."

"Fusil's tyranny has finally been stopped! I Propose, that from now on every turn that ends with "10" we shall celebrate the DoFD, or the Death of Fusil Day."
Oppose

Could someone please inform me on the "Yaosian inquisition" and "the shadowy ones"? I will not be able to properly conduct this interrogation if I do not know more about the merman's history. Any significant details on the life of the emperor is welcome.
"The Yaosian Inquisition was an institution founded by Yaos to hunt down and eradicate dangerous Void cults within the Empire of Mankind, an empire comprising of all or most Humans on Keshan. Their early history was marked by harsh crackdowns on anything Void-related which prompted a reformation in which the Inquisition would use non-lethal weaponry as standard and would be more lenient in regards to Void-association, such as allowing the Void cult of Charity to exist.
After one of Yaos' deaths, it was disbanded and replaced by a group called EVAC who would only handle critically dangerous Void cults. When Yaoswas revived, she refounded the Inquisition and made EVAC a branch of the Inquisition. After Yaos' final death, the Inquisition was disbanded entirely along with the Empire of Mankind.
In its lifetime, the Inquisition only ever operated within the Empire of Mankind and it is extremely unlikely they would've had anything to do with the Merman Emperor considering their jurisdiction did not extend outside the Empire and because Humans are physically incapable of breathing underwater. While I am unsure of this, the Inquisition was disbanded either before Merfolk as a race even existed or were disbanded shortly after."

"I have encountered certain "shadowy beings" who kidnapped one of my angels and threatened me when I kidnapped one of their members but they exist in the Night Elf capital - not in Human cities or even in other Night Elf cities."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:11:47 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: February 13, 2015, 04:58:17 pm »

"Hmm, I wonder how the Humans are doing..."

KI'Tork checks on the Status of Human Civilization and whether or not they're still a Global Power.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: February 13, 2015, 05:04:40 pm »

"I wonder how the Northern Human Tribes are doing?"

Check up on Humans living in the North and check up on the descendants of my first Prophet.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: February 13, 2015, 05:10:07 pm »

"Neron, Perhaps you should create a Race of Followers for yourself."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: February 13, 2015, 05:13:53 pm »

"Neron, Perhaps you should create a Race of Followers for yourself."
"What? I have made the Rani, Shadow Ravens, Snow Golems, and the Ice Golems. Besides, I was saving up because I thought we were making the CPBs soon."
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 475