Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475]

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608029 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T110: BURN THE HERETIC?
« Reply #7110 on: February 17, 2015, 02:46:30 pm »

The inefficiency and misuse of the council is a serious problem that we should try to fix. We need a better way to enforce proposals that have passed and find a way to make sure that the council is only used for projects that require the intervention of multiple gods or affect the bubble as a whole. Complaining will change nothing to our current situation and so I will ask to all of you if you have ideas that could make the council regain it's original purpose.

I believe that a big part of the problem come from the fact that none of us seems concerned by the council, seeing it as a distant organisation that does not affect our daily life. Favorising the use of the council for group projects with concrete results seems to me like a good way to fix this issue. I believe the research on void and essence is a good example of such a project.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 02:49:17 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: February 17, 2015, 04:08:01 pm »

"Raptil, your followers seem to be able to hunt my creations with a tool they call a "comical hammer". Would you give me the permission to... investigate them? I've asked it before but you have ignored me..."

"I will now swim in a pool of acid, punch these toothy, spiny fishes and eat them, and dance around on broken glass!"
"How wonderful. You are a worthy servant. I shall reward you greatly."
"We have created a great wheel that harvests the torture of many to power the torture of others!"
"Wonderful! Does it use magic or have you constructed it by hand?"
"Could you test out this chair?"
"That would be my pleasure. Surprise can be an important element of torture," Melyssa tests the chair
Melyssa creates Armyr, an emerald Javelin that has the power to come back to its owner after being thrown. She grants Armyr to the fish-eating man and creates Armyr, the fourth Archfiend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: February 17, 2015, 04:11:50 pm »

"I have to agree with Ghizher. The amount of proposals that were meant to change a god's spheres or names and such is just abominable. The most extreme example is the "toss X into the sun" proposals which were tantamount to assault/murder. To this end, I propose that proposals concerning gods are invalidated unless they're part of Lawmode. This isn't enough to fix every problem the Council has but it should at least fix one of them."

"The usage of the Council for petty things such as - I'll admit - my using the Council to do some experiments is too high. I don't know of any solutions that would fix this problem but I have come up with an idea that others might find interesting. I propose that any experiments done by the Void Study Committee will have the full power of the Council behind it. To balance it out, all experiments must wait a Tick before being allowed to be done and any god - even those outside the Committee - has the power of veto over any experiments done. 2 other gods besides the experiment-proposer will be required to remove this veto."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:33:10 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: February 17, 2015, 04:17:20 pm »

"I have to agree with Ghizher. The amount of proposals that were meant to change a god's spheres or names and such is just abominable. The most extreme example is the "toss X into the sun" proposals which were tantamount to assault/murder. To this end, I propose that proposals concerning gods are invalidated unless they're part of Lawmode. This isn't enough to fix every problem the Council has but it should at least fix one of them."
Oppose. "The council can be used as a preventive measure. Fusil might have actually killed or tried to kill someone (else) if the council hadn't been there to stop him, for example. I do agree that most of the god related things should not be proposed to the council."

"The usage of the Council for petty things such as - I'll admit - my using the Council to do some experiments is too high. I don't know of any solutions that would fix this problem but I have come up with an idea that the other might find interesting. I propose that any experiments done by the Void Study Committee will have the full power of the Council behind it. To balance it out, all experiments must wait a Tick before being allowed to be done and any god - even those outside the Committee - has the power of veto over any experiments done. 2 other gods besides the experiment-proposer will be required to remove this veto."
Support

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: February 17, 2015, 04:27:48 pm »

Oppose. "The council can be used as a preventive measure. Fusil might have actually killed or tried to kill someone (else) if the council hadn't been there to stop him, for example. I do agree that most of the god related things should not be proposed to the council."
"Lawmode will still be there and proposals meant to punish a god for breaking the law count as lawmode. Normal proposals like the ones I mentioned take too long to pass to act as a deterrent anyway."

EDIT:"As the VSC will work through proposals, such experiment proposals can only be done openly. Secret experiments using the VSC's power won't work."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:35:51 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Tick 111: SGame over (not the epilogue)
« Reply #7115 on: August 16, 2015, 05:39:32 am »

Tick 111: SGame over (not the epilogue)

Malakath observes the mysterious invading force. Although a tangible shadow seems to conceal them, some radiate a strong aura of pawnishness and seem to resist divine influence.

Following Cyrix's announcement to the Sewa not on the farm planet, there is a massive outbreak of festivities, feasting, and dancing. This spreads to many of their neighbors, although some of them seem not to realize the occasion. KI'Tork's later announcement of a month of celebration on the Satisfying Things seems to have only extended this. Neron's later declaration of a Neronmas extends the festivity further, causing the partying to stretch to over four months!

The Light has sealed the Monoliths on Nikjol and has asked if there may be some way to re-open them. Later, the Light has made a donation of 2E to each member of the Meofisp (Quéßäre, Neron, KI'Tork, and Melyssa?). Some recent prayers to The Light include the following:
"Could you shine a light to the nearest Monolith?"
"Please grant the Light of Protection to those in the Merpire, O Light above."
"I made a garden of flowers and colored torches at one of your temples."

KI'Tork has appeared before the Kobolds asking them what they are doing and giving them points. Some answers are as follows:
"Cleaning up the kitchens"
"Making some delicious spiced cheese. Do you want a sample?"
"Helping my parents cook!"
KI'Tork has also increased the amount of fish in Nikjol's oceans.
KI'Tork has also begun preparing gourmet donuts. Some seem to be worried by the fact that KI'Tork mentioned this immediately after having discussed interrogations. KI'Tork searches for Tyrannis addicts and has found a small cell of cannibalistic Tyrannis users outside a fairly large city. KI'Tork has also attempted to send funeral processions into A-S-H cities, but they are curtly rebuffed. The cities seem to be producing insane amounts of wooden weapons and loading them onto rafts.

The Humans as a whole are influential, but to call any single state, kingdom, or empire a global power would be un-fitting. Northern Humans seem to have adapted somewhat. However, a significant fraction of them still seem to be seasonal merchants or pilgrims of Neron.

The first Prophet seems to have had quite a few descendants. They are good Neronites.

Quéßäre has distributed 1E's worth of fireworks. No one in the major cities can quite seem to sleep for a few days with the festive fireworks in the sky.

Alprozem is currently eating what looks like a fancy meal with his family.
Alprozem: [shiny]"We are doing well, I think. Our daughter Ilmytyrazem was recently accepted into the priesthood. Would you like to join us?[/shiny]

In response to Malakath's question, Tykki responds:
"I can neither confirm nor deny your ideas, but think of the last time a mortal gave birth to an angel unassisted by the divine."

The people teaching blood magic to the Flagellants are not secretly spreading Malakathic beliefs. Melyssan Archfiends have recently forced several infidels to watch and listen to an opera titled "O Harpy, my Harpy!" While the juxtaposition of this statement with Malakath's checking suggests that "some of the infidels" included "the people teaching blood magic," this is happily not the case at all.

Darruth has announced a time of renovations.

Malakath has gone on a research rampage in the Library and found the following things:
  • Essence and Void Energy: There is mixed opinion on whether Essence is in fact equivalent to Void Energy. Gods who have contacted the Void tend to say it is, and the Void-naïve say it is not.
  • Anti-Void Energy: Some experiment logs report Pyrrhic successes with blocking divine influence as well, frequently ending up with untouchable godless zones in the Bubble. Most non-failures seem to be hypothetical thought experiments on how to construct something that is the opposite of Void Energy.
  • Struggles against the Void: There is a convenient and disquieting lack of sanely written, useful information on opposing the Void successfully. There is a trend toward Umbrals being considered the most dangerous if provoked perhaps due to their overall lack of experience dealing with gods in Bubbles.

(@@@: Write more YG0 books?)

The Light has traveled to a place known blasphemously as the "First Stone." It appears to be a sunken crater in very deep ocean with a solid temple-shaped temple-sized shadow and rubble everywhere. No cultists or bystanders appear to be around at this time and at this depth.

Ghizher's initial investigation of the Bubble's limit reveals that it may have been formed from spontaneous condensation of some Churn "material." The mechanism of this condensation is still a mystery, but something about it seems oddly familiar.

Melyssa: (T110 prayers)
Melyssa has created a returning javelin named Armyr and given it to the fish-eating one.
Armyr: "I exist only to suffer!"
"It works by hand, yes! They think they grind only wheat, but the stronger group grinds up the weaker one!"
The chair shoots out spikes, slashes blades, and dumps flaming oil. It is utterly predictable and likely induces little surprise (but at least some actual damage) to less divine users.

The sun containing Fusil seems to have disappeared and reappeared.

[size=16]Fusil has been struck down![/size]

The deities sealed by Fusil appear to be sealed still.
Varee (Randomness): 1/31, 4-5
Artisanii (Arts, Inspiration): 3/24,
Carmine (Exploration, Science): 1/21, 1-2
1/2 Kli (Bala, ifice): 1/38

Spoiler: Lawmode (4 new) (click to show/hide)

This update's constellations are the Seraph and Ikaku.

(Quéßäre: -1E, The Light: -8E, Quéßäre: +2E, Neron: +2E, KI'Tork: +2E, Melyssa: +2E, Melyssa: -5E)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

New players are no longer welcome for this iteration (YG0). Sorry for necroing in advance!

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)
« Reply #7116 on: August 16, 2015, 12:27:49 pm »

(So wait is the game done or is it going to start going again?)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: August 16, 2015, 05:34:13 pm »

(We have an OOC thread, you know...)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: August 16, 2015, 06:17:01 pm »

(Well forgive me for forgetting when the game hasn't updated in months)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475]