Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 609051 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [11/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2014, 02:14:05 pm »

(The OOC thread now has a (fairly) comprehensive list of the Tick 02 proposals up to about an hour ago.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2014, 04:18:34 pm »

But why go simple? It is easier to create something grand then to start small and build up. We are gods after all. Why test, when we can force it to work?
I do agree, the center of desert is not what I want. It should be a "standard" planet, surrounded by rings. But why not life bringers, instead of rain?

"I disagree. The best weapons are the simplest. Complicated breeds complications. They are simply a needlessly complicated form of rain, there is no reason to add difficulty to our world that is not necessary. Why make a difficult to control mortal when simple weather patterns will accomplish the same thing?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2014, 06:45:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If such a situation were to arise, it would be a simple matter for us to intervene and end the conflict on at least one of the sides. Especially should we choose to work jointly in doing so. Regardless, I see your point and feel it would be ideal to have a situation where our intervention is not necessarily needed. A spirit realm of some sort does seem like a proper way to give everyone a break before they go on living another life should reincarnation be implemented.

Ah but wouldn't it be so much more satisfying to have them choose us rather than it being forced on them? For all included, I would think. And why should you as a god be so concerned with their defiance? It is surely within your power as it is within all of us to show might in a manner where it would be hard indeed for any lesser being to wish to oppose it. If they do still and it truthfully bothers you so? Well then eat them and be done with it.

"Sigh" Are you deaf? I asked if you wish your creations to be self loving and self serving. I directed no comment of the sort towards yourself... although if you are so eager to admit to such attributes then so be it.
Although you bring up an interesting point. If choice is treachery and dishonor would that not make all of us so, considering last I checked we appear to have at least a very close semblance of free will ourselves. Seems like a rather self defeating statement if I am not incorrect at interpreting your meaning. And who exactly are you trying to impress with petty insults? They make a poor substitute for logic based argument.
If you wish to make your servants without free will, be my guest. Create your kingdom of mindless golems and reap whatever benefits you can from it. I'll be interested to see how easily you stave off starvation.

While slithering away.
Regarding those... life bringers. Well whose to say we can't have those in addition to normal weather? Should an area be neglected of rain for whatever reason, they may well serve as an appropriate method for maintaining a healthy world. Still I'd rate them more as a secondary priority to making a regular self sustaining world if essence turns out to be initially tight.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2014, 07:21:05 pm »

Tick 03: Discussion intensifies

The gods continue their clamorous yet restrained discussion, arguing about what sorts of worlds to create and how to deal with their inhabitants. Some proposals are considered to have already passed, but whether or not to implement them immediately remains a question in some of the gods' minds. As their discussion enters a period of decreased intensity, some hear indistinct whispers from beyond the Great Film, the almost impossibly thin barrier responsible for separating the Void's Chaos from the bubble's Calm.

The council of gods has resolved to create at least one mortal race (02.00.b passed, 02.00.a failed) consisting of sapients and not sentients (02.01.a passed, 02.01.b failed) with minor resistance. They have also decided to support a reincarnation loop between the two corporeal worlds they plan to create (pass 02.02 and 02.02.1) to the protests of Khaziraad of Architecture. The infrastructure for this, the bifurcated mortal plane, is still guaranteed at this point (pass 02.04.1). A sizable minority of gods wish to create immortal, customized servants, but not enough agree to pass this measure (02.03 not passed). Some speak of creating personal realms for their closest followers and servants, but not enough gods seem to have discussed this (02.04.2 not passed). A few gods agree that the current arrangement is by no means perfect and have resolved to improve it in the future (02.04.5 not passed). Varee, voice of Randomness proposes naming the world "Pat the Bob," at which two gods instantly reveal their disapproval.

Following this, a massive portion of the bubble churns as the gods proceed to create a spirit and a corporeal grand dimension. A massive explosion occurs as the gods split the corporeal dimension into two parts linked only for unbound souls, but the worlds they design are still empty. Mildly satisfied with their initial step at creation, they return to their discussion on what to create inside the dimensions. They proceed to discuss the future inhabitants of the worlds, the shapes of the worlds themselves, and their names.

Spoiler: Deities (NC) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+6) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New players (click to show/hide)

(Yes, you will all receive more Essence as time goes on.)

(Edit: renumbered tick properly)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:47:55 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2014, 07:46:58 pm »

Anath frowns at the new world. "I would prefer to create two separate dimensions, and not simply half ass it by Bifurcating one dimension."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2014, 07:50:32 pm »

(You can propose to spend the difference to upgrade the corporeal realms to two separate dimensions. Cost will run around 29 (2-3) assuming no resistance).

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2014, 07:52:17 pm »

Anath frowns at the new world. "I would prefer to create two separate dimensions, and not simply half ass it by Bifurcating one dimension."

(We created THREE world. One spirit, then the two corporeal. The corporeal are connected so we can have the reincarnation, probably. Too expensive and worthless to change it.)

"The most important thing right now is the people who will inhabit this land. We don't have much a design to go off of, except that of ourselves. However our design needs hands to do our bidding, and feet to walk around. As such, the only suitable form among us is the humanoids. Thus, I propose we build about 3 million sentient sapient humanoids, splitting them in half between the two corporeal realms."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2014, 07:54:46 pm »

(No, currently we created only two worlds, and then split the one for mortals in half. Go check the proposals, specifically 02.04.1)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2014, 07:55:47 pm »

(Realistically, you probably won't run into too many problems with the bifurcated world thing unless you push the mortals to perfect a way of traveling through the soul-paths and force them into a war or something equally weird.)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [12/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2014, 08:11:45 pm »

Hey This is no fair, Why use my energy to do thing. I propose that only deity that support the proposal spend essence. And until that happen I would Vote Against all current and future proposal.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2014, 08:14:03 pm »

Hey This is no fair, Why use my energy to do thing. I propose that only deity that support the proposal spend essence. And until that happen I would Vote Against all current and future proposal.

" I disagree. It is plenty fair. We all reap the rewards, as such we must all reap the costs".
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:17:23 pm by Stirk »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2014, 08:16:47 pm »

"The most important thing right now is the people who will inhabit this land. We don't have much a design to go off of, except that of ourselves. However our design needs hands to do our bidding, and feet to walk around. As such, the only suitable form among us is the humanoids. Thus, I propose we build about 3 million sentient sapient humanoids, splitting them in half between the two corporeal realms."
Supported
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2014, 08:20:38 pm »

"This has my support."

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2014, 08:28:04 pm »

" I disagree. It is plenty fair. We all reap the rewards, as such we must all reap the costs".

If i create monkeys with my own energy, and they decide to worship you, should you pay energy to me as you are getting the reward? Your logic is flawed.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2014, 08:33:31 pm »

"Greetings" says the incredibly bright light in front of you with a humourous tone.
"I say all beings in the worlds shall have the ability to reincarnate. Through the use of their good free will they will be reincarnated in a better place with more possibilities as well as responsibilities. Beings shall be classified in different levels and each level should have special rules dictated to it, every following level would add further rules to the already present ones. We can have all of this on the two worlds we have now, or we could create seven further worlds to represent the different levels of existance. Beings who followed us on the highest levels would acquire the most essence obviously. Once the level niners are finished with their rites and passages they shall go to a personalized heaven world of their chosen god. From where they watch over the followers on other worlds, becoming immortal and part of your own personal pantheon.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 475