Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608986 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 12: Rage, ramblings, and restlessness
« Reply #825 on: October 23, 2014, 06:57:41 am »

Tick 12.5: Slippery subterfuges

The gods have continued their debates as tensions rise and war becomes increasingly inevitable. They have also increased the number of prayers they answer, which may or may not be related to the increasing tension.

Joha has introduced Star elf-bred dogs to the humans. The dogs are hugely successful and soon come in every common flavor/breed.

Fusil has taught a few races on the use of weapons. This has been fairly successful.

Varee has introduced an addictive hallucinogen to a human. He has also caused it to rain booze in Dwarven fortresses and snow hallucinogens in human towns.

Azem has advised Alprozem not to accept any offers of godhood.

Kli has begun to address the concerns of a worried human at the Keshan Tree. He says "But the emperor commands it. If they find me here, they'll probably at least force me into the army."

An orphaned human has begun accumulating a large following of those opposed to fighting and the use of weapons. They name themselves the Breaker Knights, and their belief enchants the shields they carry, which now severely damage weapons and barely affect mortals. They seem to be particularly angry at Fusil.

This update's dominant constellations are the Dagger and the Gravestone. The Keshan aurora are particularly intense.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (5) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

New players are still welcome. While many important details have already been discussed and/or created, there is still plenty of room for more creation.

Sphere ideas this update are Thralldom, Metals, Strength, and Plants.

(The maps/war stuff will be sent in a few hours, once a few more people have sent in interest PMs. Interaction with war stuff also covers trade network control and stuff like that.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 23, 2014, 06:59:27 am »

"Fight if you desire to do so, I shall have no part in this. I have projects of my own."

Create a moon orbiting world A, and create a portal in World A conecting to the moon and located in original golem settlement. The moon will have thin atmosphere and much vulcaninc activity caused by great ammounts of heavy chemical elements contained in it's composition. If I have enough esense for that, do the same for World B.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 23, 2014, 07:01:58 am »

"Then you can run more, right? If you wanted to, you could keep running."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 11: Questions and quarrels
« Reply #828 on: October 23, 2014, 07:26:41 am »

((Update second post. Apparently treachery god is still alive.))

"Sorry Yaos I was sleepy, but if you do threaten me I shall not give you three essence. I will give you one out of pity, however, to show my good will. In the future, though, please restrain your tongue, when you want to force something out of your friends. Remember that your humans are always welcome in the courts of Light. I am of good will and peace."

Send 1 essence to Yaos.
((Never mind that I warned you MULTIPLE TIMES over MULTIPLE DAYS. All is forgiven though.))
"Well it's not like I said I'd hurt you or anything, but...wait. Did you just call me your friend!? I'm so happy! I love friendship!" :'D "Thank you for the Essence and welcoming my people and everything!"

Yaos:
"I want to be the best at being a god and staying a god!"
"But I really wanted a coat of topaz scales."
"They stink and their skin glows and they like that heretic god of lights."
"Thank you for providing our family with jelly rolls." "I will be sure to sacrifice the youngest to a Gruen."
"Thank you for letting me go with the caravans, I guess."
"But I don't want to work hard! Being a general is just yelling nothing anyone can understand at the soldiers!"
"Congratulations! You are honorary god of jelly donuts! You will always be honorary god of jelly donuts even after you die and go to the afterlife! So long as you worship me though. You can't stay god without the afterlife and you can't have the afterlife if you don't worship me." :/ "But it's something!" :D
"Ok then. Go to the cave of the nearest Gem Dragon and I will help you win the fight. If you tell anyone I'm helping you, I'll just let you get eaten. Dunno if by Gem Dragon or by Gruen."
I will not help him at all. Let him be just another idiot trying to steal the hoard of a Gem Dragon.
"..." The one who issued this prayer gets lost in the woods. As they're close to dying, he sees a Luminee's glow which allows him (or her) to find safety and live. Unfortunately, they are both very far away from civilisation, and so it's a long time before they get home. On the way, the human learns to value her (or his) Luminee companion, and falls in love. Then they live happily ever after, I guess.
"Oh don't worry about....it."
*PURGING INTENSIFIES* ((No seriously, I send in the Imperial Inquisitors.))
"No problem! I'm trying to end the war by asking Grauel to tell the Gruen not to eat us, but it's not working. Really sorry I can't help any more."
"That sounds like the easiest job in the world to me." ;)

WARNING: Making your very special humangel is likely to result in permadeath. Are you sure you wish to continue?
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Joha: You give the humans some Star elf-bred dogs.
"Thank you Joha!" :D

Yaos: You order the construction of arms for an incendiary squad.
((Hehehehe. They'll be more than just a mere 'incendiary squad'.))

(Varee: -4 Essence)

You make it rain booze in the Dwarven fortresses and snow drugs in the human towns. Although this will undoubtedly annoy the other gods, it entertains the inhabitants of the settlements and you.
((I was at work! I didn't even get a chance to veto this! Oh well. Better roll with it.))
"Mystic Snow is brought to you by the combined efforts of Yaos and Varee! Yaos and Varee! For all your entertainment needs!"
@Varee: "Wow my people are just so HAPPY now! Let's make this a yearly thing shall we?"

@Artisanii"Hey there Artisanii! I know we don't really talk a lot but I should let you know right now that I appreciate what your servants have done for the culture of my people. I was wondering, perhaps, if your servants can introduce something similar to what hey have done for our eyes, except for our ears? It would be really cool if you did." :)

The Angel-Emperor of Mankind sends a message to every human telepathicly in the Empire using psionics. He does so and can do so with the help of his Universal attunement, the generic angels with him, and some psi wizards. The message is simply is thus:
No human will be forced to fight the Gruen. All members of the military will have to fight them, of course, but joining the military is entirely a voluntary decision. I will explain now that the war against the Gruen is one of NECESSITY. The Gruen are literally EATING the members of our proud race - and even worse - converting some of our own into unholy HERETICS. Heretics, I shall add, that sacrifice their CHILDREN just for a shred of power, and who even EAT THEM. If you, brave humans of the Empire of Man, choose to let that happen, that is your choice. But if you want to protect your FRIENDS! Your FAMILY! Your entire RACE! Then join the fight on the side of YAOS! Hail Yaos! HAIL HUMANITY!

Spoiler: Imperial Inquisitors (click to show/hide)

Yaos enhances the combat of 100 devout human warriors, making them slightly bigger than normal. They will be given the first 100 flamethrowers, as well as their usual melee weapons. They will be the Angel-Emperor's own Paladins: righteous warriors who fight in the front lines against the Gruen and other enemies of the Empire, right alongside the Angel-Emperor of Mankind. They also have heavier armour to complement their increased bulk.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:29:12 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 23, 2014, 07:36:21 am »

Sure we can make drug snow a annual event if you want to, I dont mind .......
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 23, 2014, 07:40:36 am »

"Excellent! I'll announce it to everyone."

Yaos announces the annual Festival of Mystic Snow.

EDIT: ((Change subtitle.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 23, 2014, 07:44:03 am »

I wont be paying for it alone though, if you say so then we share the cost
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 23, 2014, 07:45:54 am »

I wont be paying for it alone though, if you say so then we share the cost
k

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 23, 2014, 07:47:23 am »

"Breaker Knights. It seems the butterfly succeeded again. They're not even mine, but unaligned humans. Fusil, you might want to solve this little problem about to become. I did not even need to spend any Essence for this, imagine what I can do with more. You spent seven units of Essence on Tykki, correct? I only need one to disable her."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 23, 2014, 09:53:21 am »

An orphaned human has begun accumulating a large following of those opposed to fighting and the use of weapons. They name themselves the Breaker Knights, and their belief enchants the shields they carry, which now severely damage weapons and barely affect mortals. They seem to be particularly angry at Fusil.

"Surly this is the work of the...Oh. He admitted it. Well that was obvious."

"Breaker Knights. It seems the butterfly succeeded again. They're not even mine, but unaligned humans. Fusil, you might want to solve this little problem about to become. I did not even need to spend any Essence for this, imagine what I can do with more. You spent seven units of Essence on Tykki, correct? I only need one to disable her."

"Are you daft, God of Order? Your experiment succeeded. MY experiment succeeded. The point of it was to prove that you can get unaligned humans to fight for you. They do. Thus the laws that failed anyway would not even work, as it is a simple matter getting unaligned humans to fight for you. As I said before, I am done talking of dead laws."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 23, 2014, 10:21:42 am »

"They are not fighting for me. They are fighting against you. Out of their own, free will. But they wouldn't if I hadn't done that one small manipulation. Are they the only ones responsible? I don't think this invalidates my laws, considering I did this without them active. Au contraire, I see this as proof a code of conduct is necessary. Considering I managed to turn some populace against you with little effort on my part, and with nothing to stop me, do you really think mere 'gentleman's rules' are enough for us? We both know for a fact that one or more of us are scheming something. The God of Treachery may be dead, but his sphere isn't.
But if you truly think this debate is over and the proposal is dead, let's ask the others what they think. Three opposing votes out of thirteen is far from 'struck down', and I am willing to accept a revised set of rules, if one us made one.
"

"For something else, I abstain from proposal 12.00. A peaceful alternative would be excellent, but I don't play games at that level."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 23, 2014, 11:36:27 am »

"They are not fighting for me. They are fighting against you. Out of their own, free will. But they wouldn't if I hadn't done that one small manipulation. Are they the only ones responsible? I don't think this invalidates my laws, considering I did this without them active. Au contraire, I see this as proof a code of conduct is necessary. Considering I managed to turn some populace against you with little effort on my part, and with nothing to stop me, do you really think mere 'gentleman's rules' are enough for us? We both know for a fact that one or more of us are scheming something. The God of Treachery may be dead, but his sphere isn't.
But if you truly think this debate is over and the proposal is dead, let's ask the others what they think. Three opposing votes out of thirteen is far from 'struck down', and I am willing to accept a revised set of rules, if one us made one.
"

"For something else, I abstain from proposal 12.00. A peaceful alternative would be excellent, but I don't play games at that level."

"What? Your proposal would not block the butterfly effect. My entire point was that things like this could happen. Which you just proved. It would not take any effort or essence to pit non-servants against each other, so blaming the gods for what their servants done is just stupid. The 'Breakers' are no serious threat to me, I could snuff out a few mortals in an instant if I thought they where. Nor are you, for which you should be grateful. If I took your threats seriously, I would have to cut you down where you stand. Your proposal is dead, simply because it is foolish, stupid, idiotic. Your foolish arrogance rears its head again, thinking your proposal with no votes for and three against might possibly pass in any way."

The Inner Wall of the Empire is equipped with a catapult. On firing, it's found that the catapult is just too high up and the ammo drops too slowly for anything besides a truly large amount of troops to be hit. On top of that, its effective range isn't very good. It can certainly shoot far but not with any modicum of accuracy what with the low ammo speed.

(Sorry I forgot this!)

"You are supposed to but the catapults behind the wall. Butting artillery on the wall makes them vulnerable to fire, literally and figuratively. Catapults fire over the wall, while it and its keepers are safe and impossible to hit. That should fix most of your problems with it. Of course it still will not be very accurate, as it *is* mean to fight armies rather than individuals. Having your men with ranged weapons on the walls help direct volleys will help with that."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 23, 2014, 02:08:01 pm »

"Create a spiritual Bird of Light, it shall be able to grow in power whenever it appears in needy peoples dreams to advise them. Its spheres are that of justice and of healing, so naturally the bird called Brightingale informs the god of life and the god of law about people in need and people who suffer injustice. The bright light it emits in dreams is mildly healing to the sick."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #838 on: October 23, 2014, 02:10:25 pm »

Well, listen to the prayers of my worshipers.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 23, 2014, 02:45:37 pm »

"You are supposed to but the catapults behind the wall. Butting artillery on the wall makes them vulnerable to fire, literally and figuratively. Catapults fire over the wall, while it and its keepers are safe and impossible to hit. That should fix most of your problems with it. Of course it still will not be very accurate, as it *is* mean to fight armies rather than individuals. Having your men with ranged weapons on the walls help direct volleys will help with that."
A catapult is placed behind the wall. It tends to hit the actual wall most of the time until it gets moved back far enough and placed on a hill. It still hits the wall a few times and it doesn't go over the walls enough to not hit any Humanos Grande that would stand on top of it. The accuracy is a joke.
"Fu-siiilllllllllll! It's still not working!" :(
Change to old man form.
"This is going worse than when they were on the walls. At least then they could hit things. I think I should just give up on the endeavour. There doesn't seem to be any way for catapults to work well with my walls."
((They are half-height AoT walls with double the width.))

How are the humans on Slytha doing?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:16:48 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 475