Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 603163 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [11/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2014, 10:58:17 pm »

"It makes a solid base, but needs refining. I will support the idea. However, creating these realms and these being will necessitate vasts amounts of our essence. We will have to spread the pressure amongst the eleven gods equally, including any who are against the final product, if this is to come into existence as we have dictated after debate."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2014, 11:17:50 pm »

The figure of silver steps up and speaks:

"I can support the idea of our cowled friend, though it will need some...modifications later on, once it is populated and stable. I have some great ideas that will benefit us all. A cycle of reincarnation works well for them."

It glances towards Varee:

"Random amounts of votes? Why? Power should be earned, not gained and lost by chance."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2014, 11:54:30 pm »

Valkiss snapped his fingers.

"Dying in the afterlife! That's perfect, we'll use that.

Instead of one realm, we'll have two. That is, instead of one realm for immortal avatars of their masters and one realm for living things, we'll have one realm for immortal avatars of their masters and two realms for living things. When they die in one, their soul is shunted to the other. That way by the time they make it back around, they should be sufficiently different, both from whatever losses they suffer from reincarnation, and whatever gains they achieve in between.

So what do you all say? Two realms, one for handcrafted immortals, one for a singular tribe. Within the tribal realm, two further realms, for them to bounce between on death. Within those realms, one tribe, well perhaps one each, differentiated and spread out as they're wont to be, but naturally and fluidly, not because they were carved that way or earmarked as sacred property."

Anath nods his head. "This suggestion is acceptable. I shall give it my support. It may be more interesting, however, if we should each make a mortal realm of our own domain for the mortals, or perhaps shared with one or two other gods, so that the mortals never know which world they will awake in next."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:32:44 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2014, 12:02:49 am »

"Maybe someday, but not now. We'd barely have the Essence to build realms for half of us. We need to get by with a shared one for now."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2014, 12:35:22 am »

(Perhaps you all would like a price check at current agreement levels before doing anything?)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2014, 12:37:59 am »

I just want everyone to enjoy it more, adding a little dice roll into everything is just that much more fun. I dont mind you guys building the world in anyway you want , the more stuff, the more randomness.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2014, 01:11:49 am »

"We're not here to have fun. We need to decide on matters by majority, or even better, unanimously, but never by chance."

((I'm not sure if that was in or out of character; could you pick a colour for yourself or at least use quotation marks, Varee?))

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2014, 01:42:55 am »

I agree with the cycle of reincarnation, and think we should, for now, create only one or two worlds. We simply do not have the power for more at this time.

I propose we create the mortal realms now. The first shall be a world of dust and sand, ringed thrice by a ring of water (With a core of sand), a ring of ice (With a core of water) and a ring of clouds.
There shall be great constructs, forged of searing metals by the gods, which shall carry the power of storms as they stride across the land. They shall be known as life bringers, for they carry the waters of life as they travel. To guard them shall be wisps, creating lightning to attack those foolish enough to attempt to fell a life bringer, and repairing them should one fall.

(The life bringers will be giant metal beings that are constantly surrounded by storms. They can die if their heads, which contain a great pool of water, are destroyed. That's what the wisps are for.)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2014, 01:56:50 am »

"Life bringers? That is an interesting idea, but I doubt it's what we're looking for. We should save our power for the essentials; nonsapient beings are not going to worship us. As for the layout of a world, yours is as good as any."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2014, 02:06:34 am »

(Of course, nonsapient beings also don't incur the fairly high cost of sapience.)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2014, 02:45:03 am »

"Life bringers? That is an interesting idea, but I doubt it's what we're looking for. We should save our power for the essentials; nonsapient beings are not going to worship us. As for the layout of a world, yours is as good as any."
So we can create that world and, say, 300 sapients to live on it? Any ideas of what they could be? Perhaps something with two arms and two legs to begin?
I think the life bringers are simple enough that they will be of negligible cost next to creating an entire world.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2014, 03:06:34 am »

Nah two leg and two arm is too good. Why dont you make them blob that needs you help so it is easier for us to gain control overthem as a dependent. I suggest a blob of brain that can feed itself but not much more than that.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:01:54 am by Varee »
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2014, 03:30:06 am »

(Varee, I can't tell what's in character and what's out of character given your utter lack of either " marks or coloring for in character stuff. Please fix this.)

"Let us just make a normal world for now." Anath suggests. "After all, we can always edit it once it has been created. We are gods, yes? An ocean here, a mountain there, my beautiful night sky floating above the world everywhere..."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2014, 03:38:12 am »

(@Varee: I am inclined to ask you to mark in-character stuff as many of your fellow players have in less awkwardly worded requests. If you want, I have a tool for generating colors that reflect Randomness.)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2014, 03:39:43 am »

(Varee, I can't tell what's in character and what's out of character given your utter lack of either " marks or coloring for in character stuff. Please fix this.)

"Let us just make a normal world for now." Anath suggests. "After all, we can always edit it once it has been created. We are gods, yes? An ocean here, a mountain there, my beautiful night sky floating above the world everywhere..."
Yes, but we could create a "normal" world surrounded by rings instead of moons, with constructs instead of rain... Why not?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 475