Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 603255 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #195 on: October 15, 2014, 03:44:33 am »

"Every one of us having their own followers may lead to large conflicts without some ecumenism. I propose we create grand ecumenical temples containing altars to every god and place them among the beings. We must promote knowledge of all of us in order to prevent chaos. Oh, and consider that this will help all of us. If this fails, I may have to resort to more subtle and selfish ways of gaining followers."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 15, 2014, 03:52:14 am »

Anath rolls his eyes. "Just make your own followers if you wish to ensure yourself worship. There isn't the population to support grand temples yet anyway."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2014, 04:04:10 am »

"I agree with the Lawgiver. Allowing our followers to be aware of the existence and importance of every single one of us would prevent much turmoil. But yes, we must choose the proper time to act."

After saying his part, Kli leaves to plant a seed in an empty valley from each world. Both shall grow to become grand trees almost as tall as a mountain in time (basically World Trees). They will have no magical effect other than to preserve the balance of nature in the surrounding area for the time being.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2014, 04:19:10 am »

"Anath, I am not going to create my own followers; I did speak of resorting to more subtle and selfish methods. Why create them when I can convert more than ten times, or most likely more than thirty times, the amount for the same Essence? As a being in a world beyond the Void once said, "there is nothing you can possess that I cannot take away". As for there not being enough beings, you are thinking awfully shortsightedly. The proposition for three million beings created mutually, 03.00, has the required support to be realised next tick."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2014, 04:26:38 am »

(Kli: -3 Essence)

The Trees of Balance grow quickly in the young planets' soils, quickly reaching unnatural size. Most of their branches remain green, perhaps as a reflection of the youth of the worlds themselves.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2014, 04:35:19 am »

"I agree with Cim, but we should not do it yet. Still, a great temple for all of us, with shrines and the works of our followers.. ah!" Artisanii sighs. "I feel as it is time for me to make my own mark on these worlds."

They, the Artisanii, leave to create something. She looks on the 2 planets, then inspiration strikes! He rushes to paint his own vision. It will be a single Divine Library, forever stuck in the midpoint. It will contain the Works of all Gods, and all Mortal Works blessed by him.

It is of little use to Mortals besides a thing to look at in the sky, for now.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2014, 06:00:14 am »

Artisanii constructs a massive library to contain all divine Works and specified mortal Works successfully in the partition between the two worlds. The council's enforcement ability immediately holds 4 Essence as collateral until Artisanii can justify the illegal construction in a critical region previously reserved for uninterrupted reincarnation and generates a proposal for the trial.

04.02.a: Keep/Permit Artisanii's Divine LIbrary (0-0/13) <-4 (-4)>
04.02.b: Remove/Forbid Artisanii's Divine Library (0-0/13) <0 (0)>

(Artisanii: -9 Essence)

(While it is true that obstructing the partition can disrupt reincarnations, it is also true that those whose reincarnations have been disrupted can end up in the Library, a place where divine Works are stored.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2014, 06:18:38 am »

Tick 04.5: Business below

As a new era dawns on the corporeal realms so lovingly created by the council of gods, various gods, perhaps impatient of council inefficiency,  begin to seed the worlds with their chosen. Anath with dark elves in the Shadowdeep* on both worlds, Serac with his Beings deep in the oceans, Fusil with Tykki, the Angel of Arms, Azem with soaring Mountwyrms*, Kli with his two Trees of Balance, and Artisanii with their Divine Library embedded in the connection between the worlds (through independent initiative). Cim, notably, decides instead to produce thousands of divine codices containing the Law of Cim without immediate deployment.

Suddenly, all the gods hear a sped-up, distorted voice from the Void. All they manage to hear is "Hello,lpjvgdauods.lsqarglad to finally meet yoxoxkkam xgxemwsjkxgwfoimordial scout of Imbalankvvoyvlrriends have kfeeutuznfjqto contact you forfxzqxbde but it always garbles. amolyfdhgojyxwant you to do somehqrnzxuclg them! So nicxequyqedbyvfbqzbedhfbiupfyou all."

*Placeholder name, not canon

Spoiler: Deities (+0*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+0) (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

Spoiler: New players (click to show/hide)

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2014, 06:22:59 am »

"Hm. It seems that my inspiration got in way of my better judgment. What is your opinions on this matter?" Artisanii asks fluidly. "Personally, I believe mortals getting a small taste of the Divine might help them a bit; maybe give them inspiration. Of course, assuming that they would be able to leave from there."
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2014, 06:53:29 am »

"I think I heard 'primordial scout of Imbalance' in there somewhere. That may be your nemesis, Kli. What do you think?"

"The library is a good idea, but you should not put it there. I say we move the Divine Library planetside. Which one, does not much matter. Maybe not even planetside, as long as it's out of the way."

"03.10: Oppose
03.11: Oppose with current wording, note 03.11.1
03.11.1: Present, Define deity actions not requiring council approval, and a code of conduct for them
04.02.a: Abstain, note 04.02.c
04.02.b: Oppose, note 04.02.c
04.02.c: Present, Move Artisanii's Divine Library elsewhere
04.03: Oppose
"
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:55:51 am by IcyTea31 »

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2014, 07:01:28 am »

Kli frowns. "I certainly hope not. My nemesis would be a threat not only to myself, but the entire council as well with what he or she may advocate. I agree with moving the Divine Library someplace else."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2014, 07:05:42 am »

Anath nods. "Let us Move The Divine Library."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2014, 07:17:53 am »

Azem looks contemplative.

"I suppose we should move the Library.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2014, 07:32:47 am »

The light creates 300 free willed humanoids with translucent skin and a high curiousity, they are slender tall humans. (Think of mr. Burns in that one episode where he is high and radiating because of his power plant)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2014, 09:29:19 am »

Seeing that everyone else create some thing, Varee bring forth a horde of giant ants. 3000 on each planet. He name them Minio-on.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 475