Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 603241 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [12/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2014, 05:32:42 pm »

Anath glances over at the others. "I think we should each make our own share of the humanoids, so that we do not drown out our previous creations with the raw numbers we are about to produce."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2014, 07:11:36 pm »

Tick 06: Exploration and Expansion

The gods begin serious discussion of the humanoids to be designed by proposal 03.00. The initial discussion assumes the creation of a single humanoid race, but Anath suggests that perhaps each god should instead create for a personal share of the 3 million. The ideas are mostly quite similar, but the details are controversial. The council is, in any case, no longer responsible except to ensure that the Essence pooled by participants not be embezzled. Regarding the intruding denizens of the Void, it appears that clear divisions are forming as some gods clearly do not appreciate the meddling of such strange beings while others are openly curious about it.

In other news, this tick, The Light has created a massive landmark of crystals. ? ? ?, god of humans, has been born from the discussions on humanoids. The whispers from the Void have also grown stronger, louder, and more distinct.

There is an incoming, surprisingly clear transmission from the Void: "Hello, young friends, although everyone is young compared to us the primordials. I am Mgaareecaalwahiisnshyzhrshui, a hadal tiered coronal-born prophet of Earth of liminal alignment with static tendencies. Should any of you wish for well-paid employment or information, you have only to contact us, but understand that I will be unreachable by the next tick, and that my lesser brethren will likely be less able to provide sufficient payment and information."

Spoiler: Deities (+0*) (click to show/hide)

The following player has been marked inactive for voting purposes: IronyOwl/Valkiss
If you have been marked inactive and would like to become active again, simply post and you will be marked active again (for voting purposes). Inactivity does not mean being killed off and having your Essence redistributed (without a proposal for that).

Spoiler: Council rules (+0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposal spotlight (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

Spoiler: New players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 07:18:18 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2014, 07:14:44 pm »

The Light denies Anath's proposition, instead it should be general humans. All of them, additionally to that each god gets his own people. If they mix with the generous humans or not is up to them.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2014, 07:17:42 pm »

((Ummm... I was supposed to have awakened with 20/20 essence once humans were created. Until then I would've only had enough essence to survive. If I have to start playing now I'd like to know so that I can make a new character sheet for my new forms.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2014, 07:18:32 pm »

(Fixed, sort of)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2014, 07:19:41 pm »

(Perfect.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2014, 07:52:17 pm »

Ignoring the Light, Anath turns back to the worlds and unleashes Star Dragons into both of them. This seems to be the season for creating, and he doesn't want his creations to loose the prestige that making them before the mass creation could give them. As well as being the first true dragons born upon the world.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2014, 07:58:00 pm »

Create light emitting mushrooms to grow in every forest and every cave on both planets

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2014, 08:01:57 pm »

"Yet again the ocean god grows in his power. No doubt he has made some deal with the beings, but for what I wonder? He has claimed not to have spoken to them, if I remember correctly."

"Let us get the creation of the humanoids out of the way, for we have been putting them off far to long. I am fine with dividing the three million among the twelve of us, if that would make things go faster, so long as we get it next tick."

"More importantly, we must look away from these voices. Tell me brothers, when have shadowy whispers in the void promising rewards for strange things ever been beneficial? As such I propose we make a council rule, bringing great pressure on those who would make a deal with the devils. We should look for some way to be rid of them, lest we become tempted into their services. Perhaps the best way to do this would be rendering their powers of creation impotent, making them useless to the shadowy demons. I say we make a council rule: Any being who makes a deal with the void voices has his powers of creating removed for a minimum of three ticks. This should allow a proper reaction, and suitably cripple any impulsive decisions on our part.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2014, 08:11:27 pm »

And are we simply going to ignore Serac's higher essence count? Something must be behind it." [/color]
I just assumed he got it from those voices he was talking to.
((Sorry, my internet broke))
One of my beings was visited by a creature, said to have "reeked of something foreign." They said it questioned them about something. More I do not know.
It did give that being power, which I took for myself. Beyond that, my power grows because I have worshipers.

And I agree, we should allow everyone a share of the three million humanoids.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2014, 08:17:42 pm »

One of my beings was visited by a creature, said to have "reeked of something foreign." They said it questioned them about something. More I do not know.
It did give that being power, which I took for myself. Beyond that, my power grows because I have worshipers.

"Forgive me for asking for clarification. Are you saying it made a deal with one of your followers? I certainly find that hard to believe. What did it offer you, for what bizarre service? If it was benign, certainly you can tell us without fear of reprisal."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2014, 08:20:28 pm »

"Forgive me for asking for clarification. Are you saying it made a deal with one of your followers? I certainly find that hard to believe. What did it offer you, for what bizarre service? If it was benign, certainly you can tell us without fear of reprisal."
I am saying it questioned one of my followers. I actually do not know what it wanted from them. It asked something about "eldrich temples"
My follower prayed to me about it, and that was how I learned what I did.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2014, 08:55:23 pm »

I am saying it questioned one of my followers. I actually do not know what it wanted from them. It asked something about "eldrich temples"

"So you are saying that the voices sent a physical messenger to us? And it is questioning the mortals? That is also worrying. Did you invite this thing into the world in return for power? Is that how the events unfolded? You still have not explained your sudden influx properly. Surly, there are gods with followers than you who fall far short in essence. The three million humanoids should easily allow us to track down any messenger they send, for now we should focus on making sure no more enter our realms. Which is why you must explain how it entered, did you summon the demon?"

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2014, 09:01:40 pm »

"So you are saying that the voices sent a physical messenger to us? And it is questioning the mortals? That is also worrying. Did you invite this thing into the world in return for power? Is that how the events unfolded? You still have not explained your sudden influx properly. Surly, there are gods with followers than you who fall far short in essence. The three million humanoids should easily allow us to track down any messenger they send, for now we should focus on making sure no more enter our realms. Which is why you must explain how it entered, did you summon the demon?"
No, this is the first I heard of it. I set my followers to work searching for any signs of it, and to attempt to find where it came from. Nothing yet.

And I'm not sure it was from the voices. It could be a separate being entirely.

((You know, there is a quote button for a reason, right at the top right of a message.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2014, 09:10:53 pm »

((You know, there is a quote button for a reason, right at the top right of a message.))

((We have been doing this for a page, we would make a huge quote pyramid by the end of the conversation.))

---------------

"So a being questioned your followers about a 'temple'? You do not think that it is one of the voices. Does that mean it is a second entity, one from the same place as the voices but in direct opposition to them? They seem just as shadowy. We should seek to block out all extra-dimensional influence, not just the voices, if they are not affiliated with them."

"And my brother, I was confused what you meant by:

What where you suggesting? What being gave you power? The voices? The questioning messenger? Also, what do you think they meant by and 'eldrich temple'?"

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 475