Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607118 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #345 on: October 17, 2014, 10:48:27 pm »

The whispers from the Void appear to have subsided to some extent despite a noticeable increase in the level of cosmic eldritch background radiation. There are no clear culprits for this change.

"Come now, you cannot think that your jump in essence could go unexplained? You have no true mortal followers, aside from a small amount of unintelligent and half intelligent animals, and have done no apparent work in spreading your sphere to the world. If you did not consult the shadows, where did these four points of essence come from?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 17, 2014, 10:58:05 pm »

Anath too turns his hands to creating livestock, creating giant peaceful lizards that live beneath the surface of the earth, feasting on fungus, moss, and carrion, to serve both as mounts and food sources for his elven followers. These Cave Noxen will be quite useful for any species that lived within the earth.

But deeper beneath the earth Anath crafts another species, the Burrowers Beneath. These great centipede-worms are vast in length, and feast upon rock and soil, carving out tunnels beneath the earth. As the ages go past, and they dig their way through the earth, the tunnels they leave behind will be populated by other creatures... (Anath will also give the Burrowers Beneath one essence's worth of resistance to magic.)

Anath then glances out at the others. "Are we really claiming that the god of randomness could not have something random happen to him? That none of our creations have found chaos to be a factor in their life? Though I am surprised he hasn't taught the Mountwyrms how to gamble yet."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 17, 2014, 11:10:23 pm »

Well I accept that I have been doing stuff, mortal wishes are some of my speciality. You cant say I have no follower as the mortal rather like the deals. I didnt create any specific nor intelligent follower but thoses mortal are not strictly ordered to only worship their creator either, I just got some good hual.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 17, 2014, 11:12:12 pm »

"I shall chip in 1 Essence to the creation of the sapients as well."

"You might notice that I have also risen in power. However, I assure you, I have not dealt with any beings from the Void. I simply created my followers privately; you might notice some them now and again, if you look for them, but not even Fusil or Varee can smite them all this way."

"The Prophet of the Light is a very interesting one indeed. He shall have my blessing in his work." (Allow bonus for order or law-aligned actions.)

"Anath, I had hoped that you wouldn't have mentioned that he could do it without the council. This is why proposition 03.11.1 should be passed."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2014, 11:18:10 pm »

"Ah yes, the god of the night. Have you been paying close attention to the skies? You also appear to have gotten up a boost on tick 7, even with your creations on that turn. 3 essance, if my math is correct. Perhaps I am paranoid, you do have followers that make a reasonable source of power, and your sphere is very prominent. But would it be wrong to say you are only defending him as you have also consorted with the demons? Perhaps they made you create something in the sky in return for power? No, I would say his spike comes from out of our realm. Why not search the skies yourself, reporting the source of this radiation or any other eldrich activity?

Forgive me for being off base. I realize that I myself have gotten a small amount of energy after actively promoting weapons. But I do believe you could sweep the skies, proving the Random God's innocence or guilt. We have no facts, and little information. With what we can provide, Varee voted against the punishment for those who spoke with the voices, received a mysterious spike, and now there is mysterious radiation. Accusing you was my paranoia talking, accusing him is simple logic."

"As for the god of order, you first dropped, and are stable rather than spiking. Varee has stated clearly that he has not, in fact, made any in secret. Unless he is lying to the council, he is in a different boat.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 17, 2014, 11:20:36 pm »

"I highly doubt that any code of conduct would prevent a god from acting within his domain, and if you think that teaching people to gamble isn't within the domain of a god of randomness, you are quite deluded." Anath informs the divinity of annoying order before glancing at the other god. "If you want me to look around at the sky, I see no reason not to, but I'd think that, none of you being blind idiots, if I'd created a constellation of eldrich whateverness in the skies one of you would have noticed it..."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 17, 2014, 11:24:48 pm »

"I highly doubt that any code of conduct would prevent a god from acting within his domain, and if you think that teaching people to gamble isn't within the domain of a god of randomness, you are quite deluded." Anath informs the divinity of annoying order before glancing at the other god. "If you want me to look around at the sky, I see no reason not to, but I'd think that, none of you being blind idiots, if I'd created a constellation of eldrich whateverness in the skies one of you would have noticed it..."

"As I understand, eldrich whateverness is a form of magic like all others. Therefore, isn't it only logical there is a sign associated with it? Yes, please search the sky, my brother. Certainly, your domain should be the best at finding whatever hides in the darkness. I and the world will be grateful if we can learn something about it, at least."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 17, 2014, 11:28:57 pm »

"Remind me why this is a problem? Perhaps it is simply my natural inclination talking, but I see nothing wrong with some of us making deals with these beings."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 17, 2014, 11:29:50 pm »

"As I understand, eldrich whateverness is a form of magic like all others. Therefore, isn't it only logical there is a sign associated with it? Yes, please search the sky, my brother. Certainly, your domain should be the best at finding whatever hides in the darkness. I and the world will be grateful if we can learn something about it, at least."
Anath shakes his head at this indication of either ignorance or foolishness. "No. The signs in the sky were created by the gods. None of them are directly associated with any kind of magic in particular, besides how all of them are self evidently connected to the magic of the stars. If there is a sky thing associated with Eldritch stuff, it is because someone made it."

And so said, Anath turns to search the sky for any new features he does not already know the meaning of.
Forenia Forever!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 17, 2014, 11:33:50 pm »

"Remind me why this is a problem? Perhaps it is simply my natural inclination talking, but I see nothing wrong with some of us making deals with these beings."

"You see no problem in shadowy beings whispering strange actions in return for power? Even if you assumed this was harmless, the fact they do it in secret is enough to mean it cannot be good. Up to now, nobody who has interacted with the void voices has stated what their deal is, and what they have done to the world. Surly, if a business partner acted this shady, there would be no way you would trust them?"

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #355 on: October 17, 2014, 11:34:13 pm »

Well, the eldritch power causes mutations. I have warded my village to prevent future events, but it is not harmless. At least not in large quantities.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 17, 2014, 11:35:51 pm »

"While a code of conduct for non-council actions might not necessarily slow anyone down, we could, for example, issue Essence sanctions for those caught breaking the code."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:50:31 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 17, 2014, 11:41:54 pm »

"You see no problem in shadowy beings whispering strange actions in return for power? Even if you assumed this was harmless, the fact they do it in secret is enough to mean it cannot be good. Up to now, nobody who has interacted with the void voices has stated what their deal is, and what they have done to the world. Surly, if a business partner acted this shady, there would be no way you would trust them?"
Haha, actually most of that seems less uncommon in the God business than you would make it out to be but I digress. The only crime I see in consorting with them is that we do not know what true intentions they may have and what harm they might pose, yet. Truthfully I would think the most wise course of action would simply be to find out manners of protecting ourselves and our creations against harmful influences. Otherwise I fear you may never escape the paranoia that someone is consorting with them anytime anything strange happens.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2014, 11:47:51 pm »

If you logic is i vote against punishing people talking to void therefore I talked to void then think again, If you have not notice I pretty much vote against everything...
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2014, 11:56:26 pm »

If you logic is i vote against punishing people talking to void therefore I talked to void then think again, If you have not notice I pretty much vote against everything...

"Then what is the cause of the spike? Your annoying and petty voting habits aside, you have not properly explained how you came across such a large supply of essence all of a sudden. Hopefully the sweep of the sky will go a long way to explaining things. But what do you propose the cause of the radiation is?"

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 475