Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607371 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #480 on: October 19, 2014, 05:57:48 pm »

(Serac: -1 Essence (partial Belief offset))

Serac: You give the gift of monochromatic vision to the Ritan with a peak sensitivity at around 450nm (blue-violet) and the changes required for vision after development. Until some decide to approach the surface again, the only ones likely to realize the change are those near bioluminescent creatures.

Artisanii: There are now a few Museums* scattered in various villages. They house the most emotionally effective creations of not only the Muses but also the local artists. You inspire the most devoted to continue to do well in their mission to spread culture and creation to mortals.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 19, 2014, 06:23:09 pm »

Kli influences the Hummingbirds to develop the passing down of their favorite (and most effective) magical songs through oral tradition.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #482 on: October 19, 2014, 06:27:03 pm »

Serac: You give the gift of monochromatic vision to the Ritan with a peak sensitivity at around 450nm (blue-violet) and the changes required for vision after development.
Well, I was hoping for them to be able to see all energies, but only from sources. So, a person would glow because of thermal energy, but not the light refecting off of them.
They could also see the energy produced by magical sources if possible...

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #483 on: October 19, 2014, 06:45:26 pm »

Serac: You give the gift of monochromatic vision to the Ritan with a peak sensitivity at around 450nm (blue-violet) and the changes required for vision after development.
Well, I was hoping for them to be able to see all energies, but only from sources. So, a person would glow because of thermal energy, but not the light refecting off of them.
They could also see the energy produced by magical sources if possible...
(Saying energy was just a roundabout, in-character way of describing that plants require light to photosynthesize. As I recall, the Ritan are blind from not needing to be able to see at the depths where they live. Would you like this infravision or more modifications too?)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #484 on: October 19, 2014, 07:12:23 pm »

Tick 09: Loads of learning

This tick, like a few before it, has resulted in much advancement for the mortals. Grauel consumed a Divine Stew in a sacred ritual and granted the wishes of a few of his followers, Artisanii dispersed the Muses to maximize their inspiration, The Light created a light for the Tree-living Luminee, Azem commissioned an opulent temple from Alprozem, a possible prophet, and created another Piece of Eight, Fusil promoted the use of weapons, the Gruen become more adaptable and voracious, Khaziraad, maifests to golems, Serac grants the Ritan/Beings vision, and Kli starts an oral literary tradition for the Hummingbirds. Intervention is still high, but the mortals are starting to understand their own needs and wants and ways of fulfilling them.

(Typos of the form /Grauel/Grauen/ will be fixed after bookkeeping)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (+0*) (click to show/hide)

The following players have been marked inactive for voting purposes: IronyOwl/Valkiss, Salsacookies/Dar-MA-Gome
If you have been marked inactive and would like to become active again, simply post and you will be marked active again (for voting purposes). Inactivity does not mean being killed off and having your Essence redistributed (without a proposal for that).

Spoiler: Council rules (+0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

Spoiler: 03.00 Status (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. While many important details have already been discussed and/or created, there is still plenty of room for more creation.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 19, 2014, 07:17:37 pm »

"It would seem that someone has stolen the Slumbering God's essence without council approval. If we are to take it, we should do it openly and fairly. Would anyone like to fess up to this, before my paranoia causes me to go on a witch hunt?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #486 on: October 19, 2014, 07:24:59 pm »

Hrm. I don't want to give them pure vision, how about just seeing glows/auras from all thermoelectric energy sources?

Create 300 Sorae (bird people) on world one, and 30 island turtles for the birds to live on.

Stirk:
He only has ever had one, it was just bookkeeping errors.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 19, 2014, 07:31:07 pm »

Stirk:

Look at the inactive (slumbering) users. The god of Treachery and Honor have lost most of their points the last half tick.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 19, 2014, 07:33:18 pm »

"It would seem that someone has stolen the Slumbering God's essence without council approval. If we are to take it, we should do it openly and fairly. Would anyone like to fess up to this, before my paranoia causes me to go on a witch hunt?"
Anath blinks. "How interesting. I didn't even know that was possible."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #489 on: October 19, 2014, 07:34:58 pm »

Stirk:
Look at the inactive (slumbering) users. The god of Treachery and Honor have lost most of their points the last half tick.
Oh, I thought you meant ???, the human god.

Would anyone care to fess up? Stealing essence is not a thing to do lightly...

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 19, 2014, 07:44:09 pm »

It was never stated that it required council approval either; although if it appears to be a problem, making such a rule might be an idea worth proposing in the future. That being said, taking it and redistributing it, while potentially worth consideration is likely something that might very well kill them. That also should be taken into account.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 19, 2014, 07:47:29 pm »

"I'm shocked. Which is to say, I'm not. It was somewhat inevitable, if you ask me."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #492 on: October 19, 2014, 08:45:58 pm »

(Serac: -6 Essence)

Serac: You create Sorae on World 1 (still unnamed!) and 30 massive island turtles for them to inhabit. They will be soul-linked where possible to Ritan on World 2.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 19, 2014, 08:47:48 pm »

Kli blesses the Hummingbirds, allowing more to be born faster so they may spread throughout the world(s).

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #494 on: October 19, 2014, 08:52:54 pm »

(Kli: -1 Essence)

Kli: You increase the rate of Hummingbird reproduction. The birth rate has increased a bit now.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 475