Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608207 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #555 on: October 20, 2014, 04:55:28 pm »

Grauel looks down on the Gruen to observe their latest progress.

Edit:
Voting
04.03: Remove proposals stagnant for 3 ticks or double opposed to supported for 1 tick (3-2/11) <0>
Support
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 04:57:03 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #556 on: October 20, 2014, 05:56:06 pm »

(Joha: -3 Essence)

Joha: You raise 300 wood elves in the vast forests of each planet.

(Azem: -2 Essence)

Azem: You create 300 Template Humans on world A. Perhaps, one day, their descendants will form a knightly order of some sort.

(Artisanii: -3 Essence)

Artisanii: You construct 300 Mantra distributed across various Museums and shrines and release your creations from being tied to any particular shrine and command them to spread art as they have before and assist the soon-to-be-created mortals.

Grauel: Some Gruen in a coastal Gruen village are deliberately adapting for undersea survival and consuming the gills of various fish. At this point, it is unclear whether they are trying to meet the Ritan or meat the Ritan. The Devourer is not due to arrive in this particular village for a fair amount of time.

(Vote counted)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 20, 2014, 06:03:08 pm »

Azem: You create 300 Template Humans on world A. Perhaps, one day, their descendants will form a knightly order of some sort.
(Wait so are these actual sentient, sapient, unaligned humans? Can I awaken? :O)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:06:25 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #558 on: October 20, 2014, 06:09:21 pm »

(I don't know. Does your awakening condition trigger on the creation of Template Humanoids?)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 20, 2014, 06:11:51 pm »

(I don't know. Does your awakening condition trigger on the creation of Template Humanoids?)

(Just say yes!)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #560 on: October 20, 2014, 06:14:15 pm »

(Just say yes!)
(Jeopardy question: What do you do when someone asks if your god is awake?)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 20, 2014, 06:17:25 pm »

(Jeopardy question: What do you do when someone asks if your god is awake?)

((Answer: "What is Not yet:Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn?"))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 20, 2014, 06:19:16 pm »

(It's supposed to trigger when normal humans are created but if these Template Humans are just "practice" humans then it won't trigger.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #563 on: October 20, 2014, 06:32:41 pm »

Make a domesticated combination of electric eels and a manta ray for the Ritan, to defend their borders from hostile creatures.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 20, 2014, 06:41:13 pm »

Make a domesticated combination of electric eels and a manta ray for the Ritan, to defend their borders from hostile creatures.
Chip in 1 essence.

The hunger isn't unexpected but the ingenuity displayed by the Gruen somewhat is. Regardless, I'd like to see them work for the meal if they plan to go that route. Perhaps they will decide of their own accord, whether or not trade is a better option.

Edit: Lack of sleep is making my writing come out all weird. Not sure if it's just in my head or not.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:44:14 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 20, 2014, 06:43:58 pm »

(The template humans are completely normal in every way. It just costs less to create them first and then flood the worlds with thousands of them.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #566 on: October 20, 2014, 06:53:07 pm »

(Serac: -1 Essence; Grauel: -1 Essence)

You expand a few thousand numbfishes by a factor of about 20 and enhance their electrical output to lethal levels in a ring around a group of Ritan settlements.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #567 on: October 20, 2014, 07:28:01 pm »

Tick 10: Natural novelties

In an attempt to finally create the 3 million humanoid mortals, Azem has decided to construct a small group of Template Humans. The council, at the time of the tick, has disbursed 2 Essence to cover the cost of an action done to execute the proposal. It is estimated that only Low 1-2 will be required to create the remainder of the moratals.

Joha, goddess of Life has awakened from the repeated creation of life! Her first act as a goddess is to create 300 wood elves for each planet and distribute them in the forests, much as wood be expected.

Kli has expanded the School of Balance, a mostly philosophical school founded independently by the Hummingbirds to increase understanding through debate. The primary changes he has introduced include the opening of the School to other races and a recommendation for an increased focus on Sacrifice. Not all of the members of the School agree with their patron's changes, but few can deny the usefulness of such a School. On Kli's recommendation, the Hummingbirds sent a scouting party to make contact with the Ritan. The initial meeting was tense, and the Ritan, anticipating more violence, kept their sharp rocks drawn. Fortunately, the Hummingbirds did not do anything to increase the Ritan's fears and some trade now exists between the two races.

Artisanii has created the Mantra, another race for (the chronically unnamed) World B. They resemble the Muses in appearance but are less durable and specialized. The Artisanii distribute the Mantra throughout the existing Museums and shrines and command all of their creations, previous and current, to take an active role in inspiring and assisting in the creation of art.

The Gruen have, following a large Experiment Feast, begun smaller-scale experimental feasts in an attempt to adapt to their surroundings. Some coastal Gruen have begun consumption directed at acquiring the ability to breathe underwater, although what this means for Ritan is still uncertain. Grauel, god of Hunger, has contributed to a project in which Serac expands large quantities of numbfish to manta ray size and increases their charge capacity in an effort to defend the Ritan.

The Light has taught agriculture and provided a demonstration on the use of tools for the Luminee, but it appears they only really needed the first lesson.

The dominant signs this half-tick are the Lance (World A), associated with lightning, speed, and cavalry, and Claw (World B), associated with the wilds, bare handed combat, and hunters. Whether this actually means something depends on who you ask.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (+0*) (click to show/hide)

The following players have been marked inactive for voting purposes: IronyOwl/Valkiss, Salsacookies/Dar-MA-Gome
If you have been marked inactive and would like to become active again, simply post and you will be marked active again (for voting purposes). Inactivity does not mean being killed off and having your Essence redistributed (without a proposal for that).

Spoiler: Council rules (+0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

Spoiler: 03.00 Status (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. While many important details have already been discussed and/or created, there is still plenty of room for more creation.

Sphere ideas this update are Rebirth, Youth, Travel, and Knowledge.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:30:49 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 20, 2014, 07:36:00 pm »

Spoiler:  Yaos Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

In the vast cosmos of space, a sleeping baby drifted by, all gods and beings entirely unaware of its existence. Then, the first humans were made.

Its eyes flew open. In seconds it grew to full adult size, a young man with short yet wild black hair and it had red eyes. Then, he became conscious of himself, and he knew he was a god.

"Aheeheehehehehehehe!"
"Ehehehehahahhaha!"
"AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
"AHHHHAAHAAAHAAA!!!!"

"Ahhhh. Now. Time to reveal myself to the others. Hmmm...."
Then he changed to a bearded old man with long white hair and white robes and red eyes.
"Perhaps. Perhaps this form will do."
The god then changed to a young woman with golden hair and green eyes.
"Or maybe this one. Yes, this one will do, but I'll also need a name..."

"Greetings my fellow gods!" ^_^ "My name is Yaos, the God of Humans! I am very pleased to meet you all!" :D
Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4wY-FhBArw#t=1070 to hear what the laugh sounded like.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:33:01 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 20, 2014, 07:50:48 pm »

(You named your god after a Chinese food restaurant?)

"Hello, my young brother. As you may feel with the certainty all the others feel, you are a god, and as such are entitled to a position in the council. I suggest taking a look over our current proposals, voting on the ones that fit what you want for this world."

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 475