Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 603118 times)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 11: Questions and quarrels
« Reply #735 on: October 22, 2014, 04:03:35 pm »

Things sure seem to be heating up here... Staying clear from the fighting seems like it would be a good idea.

I have some interesting things that are (or, at least, will be quite soon) pending a pricecheck.

Also: I Oppose 11.00
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 22, 2014, 04:20:37 pm »

"Indeed, this fighting is just silly."

Artisanii appears to the most talented Artists of the world, to give them Inspiration to countinue. He also blesses a few Mortal Works.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #737 on: October 22, 2014, 04:29:14 pm »

Valkiss has been struck down!

(Vote counted, Yaos: -4E)

Yaos: You have created the Humanos Grandes Controlados. They can be piloted by people and enhance their strength greatly. Some of the prayers from your worshippers are listed:
"I want to be the best at everything I do!"
"I wish to slay a Gem Dragon and make its scales into fine clothing."
"I wish all the Luminees in town would leave."
"I want to know more about these Void things."
"I just want a jelly roll. Maybe my children will at least survive another day."
"I wish the war would stop so I can get back with the caravan."
"I want to become a god! Of Conquest!"

Azem: The Angels report that they have helped the Slythan Gem Council to dominate land-based trade completely for all practical purposes. On their recommendation, they have placed watch towers throughout the wilderness, and the caravans are now well-defended to protect against a recent (unrelated) increase in caravan robbing. On Keshan, they have, through the use of surgical bribes, managed to speed up the improvement of the Golden Citadel*. While the current merchant families (one of the biggest 10 of which is a Luminee family) are too disorganized and quarrelsome to form a unified trade network as the Gem Council has on Slytha, they are currently in a position to cripple various poorly acclimated settlements (i.e. races poorly adapted to their surroundings, such as Hummingbirds on plains or Humans in barren, rocky terrain) simply through orders to skip certain areas.

(Joha: Vote counted, neutrality noted.)
(Artisanii: neutrality noted.)

*NCU

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 22, 2014, 04:33:08 pm »

Valkiss has been struck down!

"What! A god has died!? I knew we should have acted the second we noticed somebody was absorbing energy from the slumbering gods! I say we at least figure out who is doing this."

I may still have time to save the God of Honor from the same fate. Acting quickly, I attempt to seal his essence into the form of a Golden Dragon much like himself, that he may draw upon later if he is ever to awaken.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:39:32 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 22, 2014, 04:42:07 pm »

And so we lost the god of treachery. A pity, much destruction can be averted by a well placed assassination. I think that the culprit is rather obivious. The dark voices are not trying to help us out of their kind hears, though they may have many, conserved in jars of alcohol. They may have acted directly, mabye through a colaborator, yet there are none here with unexplainable power surges, so the end recievers are clear. And I think I shall Oppose 11.00

Khaziraad also has a lock at impact on worship his traveling golems and angels are doing.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 22, 2014, 04:51:42 pm »

This is troubling. Anyways, I will assist Fusil with the task of sealing the essence of the God of Honor.

I also will create this artifact and a small shrine on World A (have we decided on the worlds' names yet?) in which to keep it.

Spoiler: Artifact (click to show/hide)
I also am going to create an Angel of Death.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 22, 2014, 04:53:27 pm »

yet there are none here with unexplainable power surges, so the end recievers are clear. And I think I shall Oppose 11.00
(How do you know? The next tick with everyone's essence has not been posted yet.)

Why do you all presume that killing a god has to do with obtaining their essence? Gaining essence is rather simple in ways that do not antagonize and frighten the other gods. If someone is going to drain or kill a god, it's just as possible that there is another completely unrelated reason for doing so and that the culprit in question never even cared for the essence in the first place.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 22, 2014, 04:56:29 pm »

yet there are none here with unexplainable power surges, so the end recievers are clear. And I think I shall Oppose 11.00
(How do you know? The next tick with everyone's essence has not been posted yet.)

Why do you all presume that killing a god has to do with obtaining their essence? Gaining essence is rather simple in ways that do not antagonize and frighten the other gods. If someone is going to drain or kill a god, it's just as possible that there is another completely unrelated reason for doing so and that the culprit in question never even cared for the essence in the first place.

"There essence has been draining quite steadily, it seems logical that that was the motive. If tehy wanted them dead, they could have done it quickly and would have killed the God of Honor as well. What do you propose the purpose of draining them was, if it was not done for essence?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #743 on: October 22, 2014, 04:57:09 pm »

Also, your power wouldn't surge if you were to spent it instantly... And can't your power drain naturally?

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 22, 2014, 04:59:55 pm »

"Muses and Mantra, stay out of this war. It seems illogical for me to repeat this, but Mortals are foolhardy and hard headed. Stay neutral, and do not fight."
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #745 on: October 22, 2014, 05:03:09 pm »

(Fusil: -1E, Joha: -1E)

Fusil: You place Dar-MA-Gome's remaining Essence into a Golden Dragon of Honor, which you then hide.

Dar-MA-Gome has been struck down!(not really)

Khaziraad: The traveling golems and angels are helping random people with construction on both worlds. On Slytha, they focus a little on constructing watch towers for the Gem Council, which is paying them very well. On Keshan, they focus on the war constructions, but most do not favor any particular side.

(Joha: -5E)

Joha: You create an amplifier for Life-related magic which is itself fueled by life force and a unique Angel of DEATH, who has the unexpected ability to summon the dead to dance from midnight until dawn on the last day of October by playing a fiddle. Would you like to name your Angel?

(Serac: In theory, inactive gods don't actually lose Essence. In practice, things happen.)

Artisanii: You repeat your exhortation to the Muses and Mantra to remain neutral on the war and provide inspiration as usual.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 22, 2014, 05:10:52 pm »

There are plenty of possible reasons. We do not yet know what potential benefits one could derive from killing a god or what the voices from outside might be willing to offer for the death of a god if that is their motive. Even with all that aside, killing gods and even just draining them has plenty of potential for manipulating other gods through sheer psychological effect.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 22, 2014, 05:19:41 pm »

My angel of death shall be called Kifo.
Also, check on what the elves of both worlds are doing.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 22, 2014, 05:29:06 pm »

Listen in on the prayers of the Luminee and at least 3 non luminee followers.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 22, 2014, 05:31:17 pm »

Azem listens in on the prayers of his followers.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 475