Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608279 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 11: Questions and quarrels
« Reply #765 on: October 22, 2014, 08:37:20 pm »

Azem grants the wishes of the human and the dwarf.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 22, 2014, 08:42:56 pm »

Grauel checks on the budding (pun intended) Gruen civilization and looks for ways to improve communication, cohesiveness and some degree of organization.
He also looks to see how exactly the Gruen are arming themselves, if at all.

... and I guess I'll listen to some of their prayers too since I don't do that very much.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 22, 2014, 08:51:30 pm »

Azem does the same as Grauel. Except for the listening to prayers part.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 22, 2014, 09:59:46 pm »

OOC:
I answered some prayers. What are the results of doing so?
The subtitle needs to be changed.
Joha has constructed an artifact that burns life force to assist in the use of magic. She has also created Kifo, a unique Angel of [size=10]D[/size][size=8]EATH[/size].
^This is a thing.^

IC:
"I propose that war between gods should not be dealt by the mortals, but by playing an intricate game of strategy spanning the two worlds. The pieces of this game shall be monsters, angels, heroes and similar."

I shall listen to suggestions of Yuvi the Crab, what does it have to say? What is it doing?
"I won't listen to or do anything you say because you didn't donate to the proposal that would've awakened me!" >:I "You can give me 3 Essence if you want to apologise."

The only ones allowed inside the Human Plane are Yaos, her angels, and those dead who meet the requirements for entering. Anyone else is not allowed in unless they ask me for permission first.

@Fusil: "Heya Fusil! I was kinda wondering what it would take to perhaps get some of my best soldier some more fire weapons? The last one you made for us was really cool (hehe. geddit? cool? cos it's on fire? :'D) and getting something like that but, like, something that humans could use would be great. I only need about a hundred. Could you please do that for me Fusil? Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase?" :) "I was also thinking of putting some kind of artillery on top of the big walls that protect the Empire. What do you suggest?"

@Grauel: "Hey, um, Grauel. Look, I know that you don't want us to go to war and I can understand; my Angel-Emperor and his army of angels, humans, and Humanos Grande would wipe the floor with your Gruen and your 'Devourer', but to tell you the truth, I don't want war either.
I want my children to grow and be free and happy in this wide open world but that can't happen while they're being eaten by Gruen, so here's what I propose: your Gruen are not allowed to eat any humans at all. Even Heretics who want to be eaten.
You see, Heretics like to make family and friends Heretics as well, and soon you have little children who also become Heretics and if I allow the Gruen to eat Heretics, that means I'm allowing little children to get eaten. I can't accept that. Please tell your Gruen to stop eating ALL humans and then we can be friends. Deal?"

@Joha: "Hey there girrrfrieeeeeeeen!" ;D "So I was wondering if you could get some of those wolf animals and make them smaller and friendlier and live as long as humans. I'm sure my people would really like some non-human life companions and they'd love the both of us for making that happen! They can even be of many shapes and sizes so some are big and some a small and some are shaggy and some have smooth fur and all that! It's also the perfect time to do it what with the Staff being active right now. What do you say?"

Yaos makes a very special human.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 22, 2014, 10:19:34 pm »

Quote from: Yaos
Joha has constructed an artifact that burns life force to assist in the use of magic. She has also created Kifo, a unique Angel of [size=10]D[/size][size=8]EATH[/size].
^This is a thing.^
And what do you mean by that?

@Joha: "Hey there girrrfrieeeeeeeen!" ;D "So I was wondering if you could get some of those wolf animals and make them smaller and friendlier and live as long as humans. I'm sure my people would really like some non-human life companions and they'd love the both of us for making that happen! They can even be of many shapes and sizes so some are big and some a small and some are shaggy and some have smooth fur and all that! It's also the perfect time to do it what with the Staff being active right now. What do you say?"
Hm, sure! That shouldn't be too hard.
(No comment on that first bit, though)
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 22, 2014, 10:22:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(And now you made the avatar. All Gruel has to do is make his guys immune to animation-inspired creatures and he would be invincible :-\)

@Fusil: "Heya Fusil! I was kinda wondering what it would take to perhaps get some of my best soldier some more fire weapons? The last one you made for us was really cool (hehe. geddit? cool? cos it's on fire? :'D) and getting something like that but, like, something that humans could use would be great. I only need about a hundred. Could you please do that for me Fusil? Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase?" :) "I was also thinking of putting some kind of artillery on top of the big walls that protect the Empire. What do you suggest?"

"If your main quest is to fight the Gruen, I can see why fire is a valid choice for weapons. Fire swords, however, have limited application when fighting anything else. I will guide humanity in early sulfur and petroleum based arms, such as Greek Fire and BC incendiaries like burning pitch, if you wish. Such weaponry would create havoc among plant based life, while being more widely available and easily renewable. I am not the god of smiths, after all. As for the walls, you will have to field something cheap. I suggest not getting into protracted sieges against your enemy, they will devour all nearby food supply while the God of Hunger curses your men to starve. Catapults would allow you to throw cheap  or burning material if necessary, though if they get close you will have to stick to dropping burning material from your walls to ward them off."

"As for you, god of Hunger, is there any particular weapon you would like me to guide your men into making? I cannot look one sided in this, the most profit in arms often comes from playing both sides. Certainly, it would be easy to improve their natural talents using arms."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 22, 2014, 10:45:25 pm »

Sure. Teach them how to craft basic weapons from organic matter including the flesh of the various different types of Gruen. I suppose they have an excess of that particular resource.
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 22, 2014, 11:08:52 pm »

"I will send Silahato do so at once. Generally, such weapons work better as a point, bows and spears and other such non-bladed weapons. Using the mouths of fallen Gruen, we could no doubt create interesting weapons. As for the living one's mouths, carved bone into serrated teeth-like objects should increase their biting power substantially, if designed right. With all the variety of Gruen, you may be able to use some of the tougher steel-like ones to make higher quality arms, possibly even blades if you desire it. No doubt some have poison that can be utilized as well, either with the bows or with wooden or thorn blow darts."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 22, 2014, 11:23:28 pm »

^This is a thing.^
And what do you mean by that?
(The size of the letters weren't affected.)

Hm, sure! That shouldn't be too hard.
"That's wonderful!" :D

(And now you made the avatar. All Gruel has to do is make his guys immune to animation-inspired creatures and he would be invincible :-\)
(Eh. I've still got my GodAngel-Emperor of Mankind. Actually, that gives me a brilliant idea...but it would take a shit-load of Essence and I won't be able to create Aminak if I do...)

"If your main quest is to fight the Gruen, I can see why fire is a valid choice for weapons. Fire swords, however, have limited application when fighting anything else. I will guide humanity in early sulfur and petroleum based arms, such as Greek Fire and BC incendiaries like burning pitch, if you wish. Such weaponry would create havoc among plant based life, while being more widely available and easily renewable. I am not the god of smiths, after all. As for the walls, you will have to field something cheap. I suggest not getting into protracted sieges against your enemy, they will devour all nearby food supply while the God of Hunger curses your men to starve. Catapults would allow you to throw cheap  or burning material if necessary, though if they get close you will have to stick to dropping burning material from your walls to ward them off."

"So...uuuuhhh...none of us in the Empire know how to make that stuff?" X) "Could one of your angels perhaps show us? Don't worry about his trying to starve us out though. I have plans..."

Sure. Teach them how to craft basic weapons from organic matter including the flesh of the various different types of Gruen. I suppose they have an excess of that particular resource.
"I'm guessing you don't want peace, then?" >:(

Yaos sees how Malik (the Slythan prophet) is doing in spreading the word of Yaos.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 22, 2014, 11:27:55 pm »

You say as you simultaneously ask for flaming swords. Perhaps I just like the idea of my Gruen walking around with pointy sticks made from their own flesh. Perhaps you planned to use those flaming swords for fancy parades or cutting lumber.
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 22, 2014, 11:27:57 pm »

"So...uuuuhhh...none of us in the Empire know how to make that stuff?" X) "Could one of your angels perhaps show us? Don't worry about his trying to starve us out though. I have plans..."

"Of course. Feuerwaffe will teach the humans to make simple incendiary weapons right away. And how to use them without injuring themselves."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 22, 2014, 11:31:31 pm »

You say as you simultaneously ask for flaming swords. Perhaps I just like the idea of my Gruen walking around with pointy sticks made from their own flesh. Perhaps you planned to use those flaming swords for fancy parades or cutting lumber.
"If you don't want me to use them, just declare peace and tell your Gruen to not eat any humans ever. It's very simple."

"Of course. Feuerwaffe will teach the humans to make simple incendiary weapons right away. And how to use them without injuring themselves."
"Would the designs still work if I upsized them so the Humanos Controlados can use them?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 22, 2014, 11:39:36 pm »

"Would the designs still work if I upsized them so the Humanos Controlados can use them?"

"Some designs, like simple burning pitch, no doubt would work under any circumstances. Huge jugs of Greek Fire would be encumbering, but not impossible to use as thrown explosives, though at that size the explosion would not be necessary to do the damage. However, siphōns of that size will need a more complicated system to run properly, possibly multiple smaller tanks. I could work on it, if you feel flamethrowers would be fine weapons for them."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2014, 11:41:09 pm »

"Yeah, sure! That would work!" :) "Not the flamethrowers, the other stuff. Flamethrowers that big sound too complicated."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2014, 11:48:46 pm »

"What weapon would best suit flying Mountwyrms?"
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 475