Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616697 times)

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 12: Rage, ramblings, and restlessness
« Reply #840 on: October 23, 2014, 03:10:36 pm »

I create a small ball in the Great Shrine on World B. It emits inspiration, and is also particularly dense.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: October 23, 2014, 03:18:19 pm »

Grauel: After examining Gruen civilization closely, it appears that the main limiting factor preventing the Gruens from coalescing into one or a few empires  is that many think they are powerful enough even with smaller states because of their secret feeding plans, which comprise a significant proportion of Gruen fighting. As you listen closely, you hear the following prayers:
"I want to stay at home and not have to fight in the war."
"I want to eat many people and become stronger in the war."
"I want to sample a hundred different plants to see what they can do."
"I wish for a way to become much bigger quickly."
The first gruen is made into a house.
The second is made hungrier, stronger, and faster.
The third is given 100 different plants to eat.
The fourth is made into a giant lumbering gruen.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 11: Questions and quarrels
« Reply #842 on: October 23, 2014, 03:59:16 pm »

Quote from: Yaos
"Thank you Joha!" :D
No problem, sis!  ;D

"I want to live forever."
Sure!
"I hope the Angel of DEATH will be nice to my father when he dies."
Noted, and passed along to Kifo.
"I wish these new bubble-shaped flowers would actually grow. I've already tried a lot, but no matter how I change them, they're still dying."
I'll help create a version that will grow, shouldn't be hard.
"I want to become a grim soldier at the front lines of the war. Then, I'll chop through the enemies as if they're just pine cones."
If the war comes to the forest, you will be among those who will defend it.

Also, I'll create these two plants:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: October 23, 2014, 04:08:46 pm »

A catapult is placed behind the wall. It tends to hit the actual wall most of the time until it gets moved back far enough and placed on a hill. It still hits the wall a few times and it doesn't go over the walls enough to not hit any Humanos Grande that would stand on top of it. The accuracy is a joke.
"Fu-siiilllllllllll! It's still not working!" :(
Change to old man form.
"This is going worse than when they were on the walls. At least then they could hit things. I think I should just give up on the endeavour. There doesn't seem to be any way for catapults to work well with my walls."
((They are half-height AoT walls with double the width.))

(AOT walls-50 meters. The velocity it takes to get 25 meter in height (25=xsin(45) assuming you are firing at a 45 degree angle)=35~M/s. Just use a bigger catapult and smaller projectiles, obviously. The physics is supposed to be kind of wonky anyway, just triple the size of your catapult while keeping the projectiles the same size.)

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: October 23, 2014, 04:54:54 pm »

"Thank you Joha!" :D
No problem, sis!  ;D
(...no comment.)

A catapult is placed behind the wall. It tends to hit the actual wall most of the time until it gets moved back far enough and placed on a hill. It still hits the wall a few times and it doesn't go over the walls enough to not hit any Humanos Grande that would stand on top of it. The accuracy is a joke.
"Fu-siiilllllllllll! It's still not working!" :(
Change to old man form.
"This is going worse than when they were on the walls. At least then they could hit things. I think I should just give up on the endeavour. There doesn't seem to be any way for catapults to work well with my walls."
((They are half-height AoT walls with double the width.))

(AOT walls-50 meters. The velocity it takes to get 25 meter in height (25=xsin(45) assuming you are firing at a 45 degree angle)=35~M/s. Just use a bigger catapult and smaller projectiles, obviously. The physics is supposed to be kind of wonky anyway, just triple the size of your catapult while keeping the projectiles the same size.)

(There's just no way I can get you to give me cannons, is there? :P I always thought the AoT walls were about 60 metres in height. In any case, mine are 30 metres. I'll do the thing you said, regardless.)

A bigger catapult is used but the accuracy still sucks. The project is scrapped entirely because making hundreds (or possibly thousands) of catapults of such size would take a long time to build, possibly an even longer time to get into position, making and loading the ammunition is a bitch, and it's so hard to hit anything with them it's not even worth it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:58:37 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: October 23, 2014, 04:56:38 pm »

-snip-
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: October 23, 2014, 05:03:34 pm »

(...no comment.)
(this seems to be becoming the norm between us, doesn't it?)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: October 23, 2014, 05:13:39 pm »

(...no comment.)
(Yaos is in old man form right now. I'll put up a picture of what he looks like when I get home.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: October 23, 2014, 05:14:36 pm »

(There's just no way I can get you to give me cannons, is there? :P I always thought the AoT walls were about 60 metres in height. In any case, mine are 30 metres. I'll do the thing you said, regardless.)

A bigger catapult is used but the accuracy still sucks. The project is scrapped entirely because making hundreds (or possibly thousands) of catapults of such size would take a long time to build, possibly an even longer time to get into position, making and loading the ammunition is a bitch, and it's so hard to hit anything with them it's not even worth it.

"I have decided to let the mortal races develop on their own, starting with early technologies and allowing themselves to improve themselves over time. I have already advanced the incendiary warfare to a thousand or so BC level, jumping to gunpowder weapons immediately would be a massive change in the world that I would want to run by the other gods at the very least. Ill let them discover it on their own. As for the artillery, you clearly do not understand the tactical purpose of it. Artillery of this time was meant for taking positions, not keeping them. And it was definitely not meant to hit single targets, as you seem to think. I gave you catapults because you asked for them, not because you needed them. The bows and crossbows you already possess are the best defense your walls can have, even if for some reason you wanted to put ballista they are simply overkill for anti-personal weapons while taking more time to aim and fire. Just make your wall so that archers and crossbowmen can fire through slits, and add some place to drop jars of fire onto enemies when they get close. Besides all that, pre-gunpowder warfare heavily favors the defenders. If I gave you cannons, the Gruen would also get cannons, making your walls far less effective than they are now."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #849 on: October 23, 2014, 05:18:34 pm »

(Khaziraad: -7E)
Khaziraad: You create a geologically violent moon with a thin, possibly toxic atmosphere  around both Keshan and Slytha. It contains a high concentration of heavy (and radioactive) elements, which your golems will find useful and can tolerate easily.

Kli: "But I want to stay with the Hummingbirds. They have been kind and understanding of my dissent."

Yaos:
"God" of jelly donuts: "That's not godhood! That's extortion!"
Dragon slayer wannabe has been struck down
The anti-Luminee human now cares little about Luminee-ness..This is a satisfactory conclusion for the Luminee mate and half-Luminee children.
The family with the jelly rolls attempt to resist the Inquisitors and are killed for their trouble. They die cursing you.
The human wishing to join the caravan has now joined a band of traveling entertainers.
The human wanting to become a god of Conquest has joined the Barrier Knights solely to spite you and Fusil.

The people are slightly disturbed by your overly enthusiastic speech.

(Yaos: -1E)
You enhance the combat ability of your future Paladins/incendiary squad.

The Slytha humans are doing quite well. Even though trade almost exclusively passes through the tight grip of the Gem Council, they manage to find wealth and employment everywhere. Gruen cults have led to superhumans with some level of Gruen abilities (but little tolerance for the laws against Gruen cultists).

Finally, you make the Festival of Mystic Snow (read: addictive hallucinogens raining down) a yearly event with Varee. This will reduce your Essence income by a near-negligible amount.

(Cim: Vote counted)
(The Light: -3E)

The Light: You create the Brightingale, a bird spirit of justice and healing with the ability to grow slightly in power with each dream appearance. This is a rather selfless act, as you gain very little compared to Joha and Cim.

Serac:
Sorae: "I wish there were some way to stop the war from happening."
Ritan: "I want sea unicorns to exist."
Sorae: "I wish our turtles would grow faster."
Ritan: "I wish I could find out more about the Void."

(Artisanii: -1E)
Artisanii: You create Inspheration*, a dense ball radiating divine inspiration, in the Great Shrine. Many great mortal artists make regular pilgrimages to be near it.

(Grauel: -0E)
Grauel:
First Gruen: "Thank you! I won't forget this. I'll make sure to eat silly hostiles inside."
Second Gruen: "Thank you, Lord. I leave now to fight for our right to devour the weak and plentiful."
Third Gruen: "'ank 'ou. I wan't [sic] 'e 'ored 'or weeks."
Fourth Gruen: "This should do. Thanks!"

(Joha: -4E)
The now-immortal wood elf will now forever remain young. This may or may not actually be good for mental health.
Kifo is already a polite, courteous psychopomp. This continues to be the case when the mentioned father dies.
You work with the inventive wood elf to create a variety with bubble-shaped flours that can actually grow. This consumes no Essence.
You allow the wood elves on Keshan to defend themselves. Finally, you create the highly toxic morbid mushrooms* and magic vines, which become a highly illegal and highly powerful tool for mages in various places.

In other news, a band of rampaging Barrier Knights have burnt down a shrine dedicated to Fusil. This had the unfortunate side-effect of burning down the rest of the human town in which it was located after they left, causing nearly a hundred deaths. Has the release of the sphere of Treachery merely redistributed it to affect all the gods?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: October 23, 2014, 05:23:01 pm »

(...no comment.)
(Yaos is in old man form right now. I'll put up a picture of what he looks like when I get home.)
(Fair point, although I don't recall Joha ever seeing you in that form. Not that it matters too much either way.)
(I probably just missed you transforming while reading through what happened while I was unavaliable, though.)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:29:59 pm by Lost in Nowhere »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: October 23, 2014, 05:28:24 pm »

Azem has a friendly chat with DEATH.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: October 23, 2014, 05:36:13 pm »

I just remembered something that I was going to do.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: October 23, 2014, 05:41:07 pm »

Artisanii listens to the assorted complaints and pleas from his Angels, the Muses.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: October 23, 2014, 05:45:34 pm »

"God" of jelly donuts: "That's not godhood! That's extortion!"
"Think of it as...'training wheels. Once you handle your newfound on your own you can stop worshipping me and get worshippers on your own. Godhood is a lot harder than it sounds. Here's everything I need to know just to make one human..." I then proceed to shove into his brain literally every single molecule and atom and ounce of free will, plus every individual iota of soulstuff needed to make a human, and I do so in great detail. Why I DON'T do is give him a brain that is capable of handling the many yottabytes involved in doing so. The result should be my "accidentally" mind-crushing him.

The people are slightly disturbed by your overly enthusiastic speech.
(Firstly, that wasn't my speech - that was the Angel-Emperor's. Secondly, I am never attempting fluff again. Ever.)

Gruen cults have led to superhumans with some level of Gruen abilities (but little tolerance for the laws against Gruen cultists).
(Actually, the whole anti-Gruen thing is only happening on Keshan. Slyshan humans can make their own laws and whatever. The only real presence I have there is a prophet that's spreading my name and getting people to worship me.)

In other news, a band of rampaging Barrier Knights have burnt down a shrine dedicated to Fusil. This had the unfortunate side-effect of burning down the rest of the human town in which it was located after they left, causing nearly a hundred deaths. Has the release of the sphere of Treachery merely redistributed it to affect all the gods?
The Barrier Knights have orders to hand over the perpetrators of the mass murder or be officially declared a terrorist group. If they refuse, I get to see the effectiveness of the Paladins' flamethrowers.

@Artisanii"Hey there Artisanii! I know we don't really talk a lot but I should let you know right now that I appreciate what your servants have done for the culture of my people. I was wondering, perhaps, if your servants can introduce something similar to what hey have done for our eyes, except for our ears? It would be really cool if you did." :)

My symbol is now officially an androgynous human with wings.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:51:48 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 475