Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607889 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 12: Rage, ramblings, and restlessness
« Reply #915 on: October 24, 2014, 09:42:18 am »

Create "Irrlichts" self reproducing spirits that "live" in the swamps to trick people into sinking in. Followers of the faith know them as Lights of Treachery.

Inspire a follower of the god of weapons to construct a Mechanism of Mirrors and glasses to bundle light as a weapon against wooden constructs.

Create a spirit to reach out into peoples dreams to inspire them to great works of art. He likes to dwell in Artisaani shrines and is named Light of Inspiration. Being granted inspiration requires a pure heart, interest in the arts and will slightly increase the thoughts on the Light as well as Artisaaani.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #916 on: October 24, 2014, 10:36:34 am »

Tick 13i, Day 13.5: Tumultuous turmoil and terrific terrors (as of 6 hours ago)

Azem converses with Kifo, Angel of DEATH. They have a nice conversation about interesting mortals and jelly rolls. Kifo has challenged Azem to join a friendly game of Clue with Yaos, Joha, Fusil, and Grauel.

(Joha: Yes, ACK.)

Artisanii: The Muses complain that happy, peaceful themes are currently under-represented in mortal works. One Muse focused on comedy theater complains about a coastal village of Luminee that has consistently produced horror material for several generations. A few Muses complain about the recent increase in pantomime as a result of a Muse specialized in performance art. Some paint-specialized Muses request your permission to assist some mortals in painting a picture of a building with too many angles.

The Yaos have crushed a random human's mind using his own Belief. Additionally, it appears that people were confused about the authorship of a slightly over-enthusiastic speech, given that they believed that the Yaos themselves wrote it. Instead, it appears that the Angel-Emperor wrote it in a bout of uncharacteristic excitement. The laws of Yaos seem to be much more strict on Keshan than on Slytha, and the attention of Yaos seems to be focused on Keshan anyway. Finally, they have issued an ultimatum to the effect that the Breaker Knights send their leaders to human authorities or be declared a terrorist group. Given their ability to disintegrate weapons, it seems unlikely that they will respond favorably, but it is more likely that they will lay low lest they be arrested and Questioned.

The recent Breaker Knight attacks appear to have provoked the wrath of Fusil for their near-surgical foundation as an anti-weapon group.

Artisanii: You inspire a great playwright to create a play about the imminent war. The playwright produces Theolysis, an epic known for its portrayal of horrific brutality. It appears the playwright already was inspired by nightmares about the subject.

Serac: The near-shore Sorae have all commanded their island turtles to move out to sea. The volume of sea trade declines immensely, but the war will almost surely be unable to affect them now.

Yaos: You take the form of a human and wander in a human town, paying attention to what they want or need. They seem to want:
  • Food and water, because many of them live in rocky wastes
  • Entertainment on non-Mystic Snow days. The demand for entertainment seems to be increasing steadily with the number of Festivals.
  • Land, because having multiple heirs is becoming more common
You also send the Gruen a peace offer with the condition that they stop eating humans. They probably ate the message or something.

Artisanii: You spread the Art of the Voice to all the races and give some exceptional individuals the Gift of the Gab. (-0E)

This update's dominant constellations are the Hammer and the Ship. The Keshan aurora are so intense that the red oxygen emissions at the top are clearly visible.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (5) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

New players are still welcome. While many important details have already been discussed and/or created, there is still plenty of room for more creation.

Sphere ideas this update are Suicide, Rain, Fire, and Animals.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 24, 2014, 10:45:39 am »

"I Support 12.01"

Khaziraad also has a look at what kind of opinions about him are wandering through lips of unaligned mortals.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 24, 2014, 10:53:16 am »

Yeah this proposal sound less restricting. I support 12.01
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #919 on: October 24, 2014, 02:05:46 pm »

(The Light: -4E)

The Light: You create the Arrow of Light on an island with enough resources on Keshan. It slowly attracts Luminee and they soon form a small town. Additionally, you create the Irrlichts, which trick people into dangerous locations in swamps. You also listen to your Luminaries, and this is what they are praying:
"Would that The Light would explain his teachings more explicitly and literally! We have been debating at the School for several weeks with barely any food or rest and are no closer to a satisfactory conclusion."
"If this long illusion spell works, I'll be the best mime in the world. I hope The Light will recognize this as more than just heresy as the others did."
"I wish the School were more accessible to the average person. All we have right now is a bunch of overly old Luminaries who think we still live in an age of copper and bone-clubs."
You also inspire a random follower of Fusil to build the Burning Mirrors in a Luminee town. Near noon, they can easily set fire to sufficiently close wooden objects. Finally, you create a spirit of inspiration to assist Artisanii in inspiring mortals.

Khaziraad: A group of architects and builders have created a small temple dedicated to you and Architecture during their idle days. The stonework is extremely detailed. As for prayers, you are not very well known among the unaligned, but those who do know you think very highly of you.
"May Khaziraad bless this house and extend its life."
"I want to teach children about the joys of building, but the blocks they have cannot attach reversibly. How may I do that, O Grand Architect?"
"The local ruler wants a tomb in the shape of a squared pile of sand. I have already made plans for it. Bless this endeavor, O Khaziraad, that it may succeed."

(Khaziraad, Varee: Votes counted)

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 24, 2014, 03:33:05 pm »

The Muses complain that happy, peaceful themes are currently under-represented in mortal works.
I could fix this, send some inspiration to the Mortal Artists for peaceful themes. Bless a few to encourage them.

One Muse focused on comedy theater complains about a coastal village of Luminee that has consistently produced horror material for several generations.

"This is important. Throughout my endeavors with the Mortal Realm, I have found that a certain coastal village of Luminee has been plagued with what seems to be nightmares for a long time. I can only presume the Void is behind this. Thoughts?"

A few Muses complain about the recent increase in pantomime as a result of a Muse specialized in performance art.

"Then why are you not working harder to tip the balance? Plays and Theatrical Works require multiple people and the ability to write and memorize well. The odds are stacked in your favor. If needed, I might inspire the world not to do pantomime."

Some paint-specialized Muses request your permission to assist some mortals in painting a picture of a building with too many angles.

Permission granted. You may use the divine library if needed, but no matter what, never use the Void for inspiration!

12.01 Support.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 24, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »

"This is important. Throughout my endeavors with the Mortal Realm, I have found that a certain coastal village of Luminee has been plagued with what seems to be nightmares for a long time. I can only presume the Void is behind this. Thoughts?"
"It was Varee, actually. To directly quote him:"
Blah the world is geting blan [sic] and boring, I would create some creatures for the world that roams [sic] the world at night and cause nightmare [sic] to it [sic] inhabitants. I think a few thousands of these will be interesting for the development of the mortal [sic]. They all will be in spirit form but exist in the copereal [sic] world and appear to the mortals  as they please.
"His speech patterns make me sic, but I see no mystery here. With some collaboration we could easily get rid of them if we wanted to."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 24, 2014, 03:43:50 pm »

"Very well then. I do not mind it, but if it gets worse I will take action."
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #923 on: October 24, 2014, 03:51:00 pm »

(Artisanii: Vote counted)

Artisanii: You inspire and bless the mortals to produce more peaceful works. The Muses who complained about the lack of peaceful are now satisfied. The Muse who complained about the rise of pantomime is currently working to undermine the Miming Muse by inspiring mortals with grander ideas. This may eventually turn into a friendly rivalry of sorts.

The Muses of painting help the mortal painters create an unsettling painting of an old, crumbling temple with far too many angles. It is nauseating for mortals to look at.

(Also, Varee's nightmare spirits came after the nightmares at the coastal village.)

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 24, 2014, 05:39:50 pm »

"I don't know, sir. On one side, you want to escape dying. On the other, you want to help stop the dying of the people in the war. And then you also want to stay here. You look kind of confused over all of this. Maybe you should think about what you really want to do?"
Kli secretly tries to use a small amount of his power to increase the human's wisdom and understanding, so the human may find Balance within himself and make a decision.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 24, 2014, 05:54:58 pm »

Inspire the prophet to note down the following message. The message shall be brought by the Light of Inspiration.
"
All is necessary, all is one.
Under the light, each leads to wisdom.
Even the absence of light, sparks an idea.

If you ignite, the light of the friend
a thousand lights be lit
If you ignite, the light of the enemy
a clashing fight of wit

If you shine in armour
a light to blind the foe
you wear the light in peace time
to brighten high and low

when born, the light it shows you
the face of mother dear
in death, a light will guide you
the next live, have no fear.

Chaotic lights will guide you
to follow deepest dreams
The light of order holds you
to stay sharp and so keen

The scorching light of sun
bringing hunger where its hot
it relieves the masses
when water is a lot

Inspiring you the lights here,
their vision teaching you
in future one returns here
to bring a message new"

I then turn to the illusionist and tell him: "Go to a shrine of Artiisaani and they will inspire you if your will is pure."

Turn to the prophet and tell him that the school should teach complex thought to the general populous once a week, and that anybody may enter the academy on certain dates to take part in the debates.

Bless a Luminee with the light of Charisma and appear in his dream. "Mortal go find the Golems and ask them to help build a glorious tower in the City of Light. This tower shall bring light to the city and out onto the ocean. Tell them that it will be a grandiose monument to architecture and the Light.

Tell the Luminee of the Horror Drama city, the city is called "Lichterloh" to start cultivating papyrus in the local swamps. Cultivate one creative member of the village so he may know how to write down the dramas and historical happenings.
Encourage them to build a bigger amphitheatre. Preferably in dark rocks.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 24, 2014, 06:09:18 pm »

Azem inspires the Mountwyrms on Slytha to come up with bigger and better ship designs.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 24, 2014, 06:14:15 pm »

Tell one Luminee to bring the concept of the Mechanism of Burning Light to the City of Light

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 24, 2014, 06:21:43 pm »

The other issue here is that I ordered the Gruen to eat humans in general because they are plentiful but you took it as a direct attack on you worshipers which is was not intended as. You responded by a direct attack on mine while ordering me on how to conduct my affairs which I find unacceptable. Furthermore even your later attempts at "peace" were stained by obvious contempt and mocking comments such as "I know you don't want to have this was because my guys will mop the floor with yours". After all that, I see no reason to seek peace between us until you learn at least a modicum of respect for other gods and realize that you do not have sole propriety over something you did not actually create, regardless of whether or not the creation in question is linked to your sphere.
"I admit that I have been disrespectful in my earlier mannerisms and I apologise for them. I'm not sure how else I can convey respect in my young age so I guess I will have to leave it at an apology, unless you have any ideas. As for my "sole propriet" which you claim I do not have, I agree. But only in the same way that a mother or father does not have propriety over their child, or more accurately, how a man does not have propriety over his right hand because it is not his property, rather it is him. Humans are not merely linked to my sphere, they are my sphere and more than that, I am a literal manifestation of their existence, their godly self. As such, I care for all humans regardless of who they worship, save for those who harm other humans.
I wouldn't mind so much that they worship Gruen even except that they allow themselves to be eaten. Even THAT I would merely disapprove of but still allow, but then they convert other humans - including their own family mind you - and as such more humans simply allow themselves to be eaten. That is why I go after Heretics.
Oh and I did actually make my own humans using the Essence from 3.00 - after donating of course - so some might say that I do in fact have propriety. I am not one of those people who think I should claim propriety over them because, as I have explained, I basically AM all humans, but still.

I do not plan on destroying you like the God of War wishes to destroy Cim and neither do I plan to wipe our your followers or the humans completely. I personally feel that the destruction of a few followers is not reason enough to annihilate another god, especially when you consider they all get reincarnated anyway and will probably go on to live further satisfying and happy lives. That said, I do plan on providing a very harsh lesson on what I am capable of doing when insulted by a new god who seems to arrogantly think he can easily swipe me aside while simultaneously insulting me and directly intervening to harm my creations.

"And I do not wish to destroy you, Grauel. Deicide is a major crime that I doubt any one of us would sink to. We are of course so few in number and our deaths would surely wreak havoc on the world, as demonstrated by the upsurge in treachery since Valkiss' death.
I also do not wish to wipe out your followers completely, I am simply taking your advice on how to make humans impractical meals to eat. I took that advice literally seeing as how I have failed to come up with any other option to settle this that DOESN'T result in more humans getting devoured. Again, I do apologise for my earlier rudeness and I hope we can put that behind us. I will not, however, end my war on the Gruen until they agree to cease the devouring of humans. On that point I will not concede.

Yaos changes into his female form.

Kifo has challenged Azem to join a friendly game of Clue with Yaos, Joha, Fusil, and Grauel.
((Who the hell is Kifo?))
"Sor-rrryyyyyyyy but I don't know how to play Clue." :(

Finally, they have issued an ultimatum to the effect that the Breaker Knights send their leaders to human authorities or be declared a terrorist group. Given their ability to disintegrate weapons, it seems unlikely that they will respond favorably, but it is more likely that they will lay low lest they be arrested and Questioned.
((That's not at all what I wanted. I only wanted the Breaker Knights responsible for lighting a town on fire and killing 100 civilians to be brought to justice. If one or all of the leaders were involved in the attack then sure I would want them brought in but ONLY if they were there doing the fire-ing and the killing.))

Yaos: You take the form of a human and wander in a human town, paying attention to what they want or need. They seem to want:
  • Food and water, because many of them live in rocky wastes
  • Entertainment on non-Mystic Snow days. The demand for entertainment seems to be increasing steadily with the number of Festivals.
  • Land, because having multiple heirs is becoming more common
Hmm, land is easy enough to get, but how do I get food, water, entertainment? Entertainment should be easy with my powers but doing the most obvious thing would probably be breaking the game's PG13+ rating. What else can my human powers be used to create entertainment...... Acrobats? Humanos Grande rides? Sports? This is hard. Maybe Artisanii can help.
"Hey Artisanii, my people are bored. Can you think of anything I can do to make them happier?
While I'm waiting for a response from Artisanii, I create the world's first travelling circus by inspiring a few exceptionally agile people to hone their abilities and show off to people in exchange for money. I also expect them to pick up some other people with different acts to entertain the crowd.
I also organise some more informal forms of fun-making like roughhousing, ball-playing, and foot-racing, into more organised events, thus inventing wrestling, soccer, and....foot races, I guess.
I encourage some humans to seek inspiration at a temple of Artisanii that they may make their homes a happier place for all.
To solve the issue of land, I inspire some people with great leadership skills to gather a very large group and move out to settle new land. Specifically, they will settle K7, J3, and L1. Once settled in, encourage them to find temples of Kharizaad or perhaps golems to help build cities and roads to connect them to the other cities.

I give more incentive for being a devout worshipper of Yaos. Aside from the usual increased magical potential that comes default with devoutly worshipping any god, worshipping me will also increase physical potential. Basically, by worshipping me, devout followers have their physical human limitations removed so that they can continue to get stronger, faster, etc. so long as they keep on training and worshipping me. ((This grants all devout followers the ability to gain Charles Atlas Superpowers. Warriors, strongmen, athletes, etc. will probably want to worship me more now. This'll be great in terms of athletes because they're pretty much celebrities and everyone wants to be like celebrities and if celebrities are devout, they'll try to be devout as well.))

Oppose 12.00.
"I really like proposal 12.01 but I have to OPPOSE it because of rule Number 4. My job is to protect humans and give them the best life possible but I can't do that if a God of Suicide shows up and starts telling people to kill themselves, or something like that. Change or get rid of Number 4 and I'll support the proposal."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:28:49 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 24, 2014, 06:32:53 pm »

(Kifo is the Angel of DEATH.)

"Would I be considered to be a bad influence on your people young god? Ess. I am merely curious."
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 475