Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607347 times)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 12: Rage, ramblings, and restlessness
« Reply #930 on: October 24, 2014, 06:33:20 pm »

I support 12.01.

Quote from: Andres
((Who the hell is Kifo?))
That would be my angel.

Quote from: Andres
Oppose 12.00.
"I really like proposal 12.01 but I have to OPPOSE it because of rule Number 4. My job is to protect humans and give them the best life possible but I can't do that if a God of Suicide shows up and starts telling people to kill themselves, or something like that. Change or get rid of Number 4 and I'll support the proposal."
In all technicality, you could get around that by, rather than forcing them to not worship them, you strongly suggest for them to not do so.
And yay, you're back to normal!
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 24, 2014, 06:44:17 pm »

"Would I be considered to be a bad influence on your people young god? Ess. I am merely curious."
((What does 'Ess' mean?))
"Nup. You're cool. Remember how you created the first of our race and awoke me? We're still grateful for that." :)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 24, 2014, 06:47:36 pm »

"Blessed are those who build, blessed twice shall be those that teach how to"

Grant the worshiper who wants to teach a miniaturised set of building materials. This mini building kit will act in all ways as actual building materials would work, except for that the details that would be too smal to properly use (like nails) substituted by items sticking to eachother. After a structure is built using the materials, they would return back to seperate pieces upon comand by the one that constructed the structure.

Create a set of symbols and runes, which when inscribed into a building in an apropriate place with apropriate item or crafted from apropriate material and inserted into a structure would make it: harder to destroy, better at heat insulation, better at water insulation, more resistant to corosive effects, etc. and grant the knowlege of apropriate symbols and their using rituals to all my curent worshipers who could be called builders of any kind.

"I grant you this knowledge as blessing. Use it to rise above your peers, to create sights of wonder and miracles of eficiency. Share the secret as you see fit, but make certain that they do not find their way into minds of those that would seek to undo your work"
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 24, 2014, 06:49:33 pm »

(That was Azem adjusting to Yaos changing genders again.)

"Good. These humans have potential, and are not weighed down by any one alignment."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 24, 2014, 06:52:36 pm »

What are some of the things my followers are praying to me about? Yaos also ponders while literally every prayer is a wish of some kind and nothing of a 'thank you for saving my family from being eaten' or really just anything that's not a wish.

(That was Azem adjusting to Yaos changing genders again.)
(Ess? What kind of response is that? I have literally no idea what that means.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 24, 2014, 07:00:24 pm »

(I suppose I could've made that clearer. Goddess. Should've included the second D.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 24, 2014, 07:04:36 pm »

(I get it now. *facepalm* EDIT: Maybe doing '...dess?' would've been better.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:11:57 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 24, 2014, 07:13:19 pm »

Azem sends a gift of precious gems and Dwarven ale to nearest human settlements on Keshan.

(Yeah, that would've been way better. Whoops.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:14:50 pm by Vgray »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 24, 2014, 07:31:55 pm »

I'll have the humans accept the gifts and take it as a sign that trade can begin between the humans and dwarves or humans and Mountwyrms if they're the ones sending it.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 24, 2014, 07:40:24 pm »

(I was thinking both really. Come to think of it, I don't even see a dwarven presence on that map. Though I imagine them to be under the night elves.)

Azem sends an angel to preach to the humans.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #940 on: October 24, 2014, 08:06:51 pm »

Tick 14, Day 14: Underhanded Underlings

Anath's starter code of conduct has passed!

The Light has created the Arrow of Light, a monolith with the ability to attract potential followers, in a forested island on Keshan. Luminee have already begun arriving and have constructed the beginnings of a town. He has also composed an explanation of his teachings, instructed a mime to go to one of Artisanii's shrines, recommended that the prophet allow the general populace to learn at the Schools and join in their perpetual debate, guided a Luminee for the purpose of commissioning a Golem-built tower in the City of Light, and took an interest in Lichterloh, the village of horrors. The Light has also commanded a Luminee to introduce the concept of the Mechanism of Burning Light to the City of Light, which is still a small town.

Azem has encouraged the Mountwyrms on Slytha to try new ship designs. After a period of experimentation, they have begun widespread use and production of quadriremes, which lowers the barrier of entry rowers and reduces naval spending on training. On Keshan, Azem has sent some precious gems and Dwarven liquid bread to some nearby human settlements and an angel to preach the doctrine of Greed to the humans.

Yaos has introduced a variety of forms of entertainment and sports to the humans (and made recommendations for seeking out Artisanii instead) and encouraged settling the vast tracts of uninhabited land between towns. They have also attempted to provide incentives for worship by increasing physical potential through devotion. Your followers who have less urgent (and therefore, quieter) prayers have these things to say:
"I wonder what Yaos has to say about the Mystic Snow."
"Thank Yaos I got to eat a jelly roll instead of more roast rat today!"
"I gave a beggar a coin today. Yaos will be so happy!"
"I wonder if Yaos will find out that I was at The Light's temple instead last week."
"By Yaos! Rarr! Rarr! Nooo! I'm dead! I get to be the dragon next time!"

Khaziraad has created a set of miniaturized modeling materials. They behave much like real materials used for building but are easily and reversibly separable and thus teach a lot more about structural stability than wooden blocks. He has also created a set of building runes with the ability to improve various aspects of the building's construction when added to a building.

This update's dominant constellations are the Staff and Claw. The Keshan aurora are now less intense. The Slythan ice ring is prominent and visible.

(Yaos: -1E, Khaziraad: -1E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (5) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

New players are still welcome. While many important details have already been discussed and/or created, there is still plenty of room for more creation.

Sphere ideas this update are Truth, Murder, Air, and Earth.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 24, 2014, 08:19:39 pm »

Azem listens to the prayers of the Mountwyrms, specifically, the ones on the frontier.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 24, 2014, 08:23:08 pm »

The Light tells the Luminee to promote their horror plays in the human cities and meditate to ponder about essence and the fabric of the entirety.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 24, 2014, 08:24:11 pm »

"I don't know, sir. On one side, you want to escape dying. On the other, you want to help stop the dying of the people in the war. And then you also want to stay here. You look kind of confused over all of this. Maybe you should think about what you really want to do?"
Kli secretly tries to use a small amount of his power to increase the human's wisdom and understanding, so the human may find Balance within himself and make a decision.
?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 24, 2014, 08:38:12 pm »

OOC:
12.01 should not have been passed! It only got 7/13 gods supporting it which would equal to about 53% support which would normally pass it but it was being OPPOSED so the requirement to pass would mean that it would have needed at least 8/13 gods to support it at about 61%.
Subtitle needs to be changed and I didn't get an Essence increase from worship - I'm still at 5/20.

IC:
"I wonder what Yaos has to say about the Mystic Snow."
"Thank Yaos I got to eat a jelly roll instead of more roast rat today!"
"I gave a beggar a coin today. Yaos will be so happy!"
"I wonder if Yaos will find out that I was at The Light's temple instead last week."
"By Yaos! Rarr! Rarr! Nooo! I'm dead! I get to be the dragon next time!"
"I actually help Varee to make the Mystic Snow!" :D "Do you guys like it or do you want it to stop?"
"You're welcome!" X)
"I'm so proud of you! You just earned yourself an extra 10 days of life! It might not sound like much but if you donate more you can get even MORE life!" :D
"It's ok to visit The Light. We're actually friends now. Just be sure to worship me if you want to get into the Human Plane." ;)

She just watches the children play and goes back to business.

She then secretly takes a piece of the spirit world and molds it into the Shadow Realm - a place of eternal suffering where the spirits of the damned walk freely (not an anime convention, btw). Any evil mortals who worshipped her primarily will go to the Shadow Realm and any evil spirits currently inhabiting the Human Plane will be discreetly sent there. The Shadow Realm is a secret to all mortals, angels, gods, etc. The Shadow Realm, like the Human Plane, is owned and controlled by Yaos herself.

The Light tells the Luminee to promote their horror plays in the human cities and meditate to ponder about essence and the fabric of the entirety.
"Actually, could they not? My people are already supes depressed by the war already and I don't want them to be any sadder." :'(
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 475