Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607873 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 14: Underhanded Underlings
« Reply #1215 on: October 27, 2014, 03:34:59 pm »

(Oi. Those are my drunken midgets, get your own.  :P)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 27, 2014, 04:05:39 pm »

"I wonder how gremlins are doing"

Check on them

(I bet that the thing they will find is a short fall to a fiery death)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1217 on: October 27, 2014, 08:32:47 pm »

Tick 17: Zoonotic Zebras

Grauel has finally managed to deliver a gift of jelly rolls to the Devourer. The Devourer devours one very slowly and stores the rest somewhere.

A prominent human administrator has summoned a manifestation of Shturrthafusnghepiisnsitlygh and actually thanked Yaos for assistance. Interestingly, Yaos attempted to fight the manifestation using a part of the human army and not something effective. The gods proceeded to have a long, drawn out fight against the manifestation in which they were victorious. Worrying, though, is the fact that it seemed to be holding back and very much unconcerned about death or defeat.

Recently, a human nobleman has died in a skirmish against the Gruen. His son, the eldest of the family, attempted to collect the Celestial Coins so as to wish his father back to life. Unfortunately for him, the Inquisition demanded the Coins and he resisted, resulting in his death. His wife has also recently died, but the cause of this seems to have been giving birth.

A random Slythan human's divine right of rulership has been affirmed by Yaos. He has embarked on a campaign to unite the various human tribes in the region. A random Keshan human admiring a Piece on display has been arrested and disappeared by the local Inquisitors. The Yaos have made a show of purging Void worship in their lands.

Azem has written a book titled The Goldfather and distributed it to all the caravans, making sure that the whole Gem Council also has copies. They describe the teachings of Azem and gaining financial independence from Azem himself for his glory.

Some of the more audible prayers to Anath include the following:
"I wish it were always night and never day. The stars are so beautiful!"
"Praise Anath! We managed to take the Piece!"
"I hope this spell I got from a shady part of town for summoning Anath actually works."

The Artisanii have chosen a winner for the Contest! It is a whimsical painting of carricatures of all the races and most of the god symbols. The painting has been blessed, as has been the painter.

Yaos has attempted to cause a Dwarf to want to dig much deeper. Regrettably, it seems that Yaos tried too hard and ended up inducing backlash. The Dwarves have decided not to dig deeper because time would more slowly if they were to do so.

The Dwarves have introduced the Armu to the Mountwyrms, opening up the path to a new commodity of FANTASTIC METAL ORES HEAVIER THAN HELIUM.

The Gremlins appear to be attempting to automate the creation of a system of training building blocks. They seem to be struggling to make well-machined parts.

This update's dominant constellations are the Dragon and Phoenix

(Azem: -1E, Yaos: -2E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Please remember to bold or underline support or opposition.

New players are still welcome. While many important details have already been discussed and/or created, there is still plenty of room for more creation.

Sphere ideas this update are Fate, Peace, Travel, and Fire.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1218 on: October 27, 2014, 08:38:16 pm »

I am creating a prison dimension inside the "Plane of Water and Bubbles", able to hold anything I put that, including another god (Partially).

I will conduct a ritual with the Sorae, and tell them I will create a champion to protect them from the void.
I will then create a void immune angel, hopefully using the belief to decrease cost. It will take the form of a large crab, and have the ability to shoot bubbles. These bubbles can either teleport anything trapped inside into the prison dimension, or drain energy from the being that is trapped inside (knocking it unconscious if possible). Oh, and it can teleport itself around by stepping into a third type of bubble.
I will name it later...

Oh, and create a magic glowing metal that sings when struck for the Sorae to use. It will be able to block almost any blow, but has difficulty holding an edge.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:19:06 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 27, 2014, 08:40:58 pm »

"I hope this spell I got from a shady part of town for summoning Anath actually works."

*Sigh*

"Well you know what to do. STRIKE TEAM FUSIL GO!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 27, 2014, 08:51:16 pm »

*Coughing* Anath is the god of night not a void being *coughing*. Did the short, easy to pronounce name not give it away?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 27, 2014, 08:53:13 pm »

I like how 16.00 looks. I guess I'll support it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:35:50 pm by Lost in Nowhere »
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 27, 2014, 08:56:03 pm »

"It is odd though. Why would they want to summon Anath instead of just praying to them?"

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1223 on: October 27, 2014, 09:03:11 pm »

*Coughing* Anath is the god of night not a void being *coughing*. Did the short, easy to pronounce name not give it away?
Or the fact Anath isn't in the book of void beings? Or anything starting with A?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:06:10 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 27, 2014, 09:05:38 pm »

(Oh god whyyyyyyyyy???? D: It's almost like the GM is out to get me. /joke)

(The Inquisition are supposed to be closer to regular police or swat teams than secret police or Gestapo. That's an important thing to remember. Just because they deal with religious/magical threats and are called the 'Inquisition', it doesn't mean they're evil. If you watched the Men in Black movies you would probably get a better idea of what the Inquisition's like.)

The newborn baby is given to its closest kin, assuming they're not assholes. Otherwise, it's put in a good orphanage but WILL NOT be put up for adoption. It will get all its father's/mother's property when it's of age, assuming Yaos doesn't bring its parents back to life. The parents' bodies are also magically preserved so they do not rot (human mages do this - not Yaos).
(How many of the baby's parents went to the Human Plane?)

The Keshan who was just looking at a Piece is released because he did nothing wrong.

"Praise Anath! We managed to take the Piece!"
Since eavesdropping on prayers is a thing, the Inquisition goes to capture the Piece and arrest the people who chose not to turn it in.

Yaos creates 300 Saeva.
Spoiler: Saeva (click to show/hide)

How many Pieces are in possession by the Inquisition?

Yaos changes into her elderly male form.
"Hail Joha! I would like to request from you a breed of large, ridable wolves that the human army will eventually use as mounts for cavalry. They won't be able to be used against the armies of Grauel because they hunger and I cannot prevent hunger in non-humans, but it would certainly make the world a more interesting place."

Yaos listens to some prayers.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:11:47 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 27, 2014, 09:14:50 pm »

(It's hard not to see them that way with the fervent cries of hail humanity, and purging intensifies as they march in. Maybe have them start doing community work to create a better image for them among the citizens?

Also, that prayer was to another god and while you are not prevented from listening in, you might wish to consider that it is probably not your follower and possibly not even human. Both I believe would make it somewhat odd for you to interfere.)

Regarding the summoning, go ahead and check it out then if you want. Better safe then sorry as they say.

Edit: Oops, that was OOC in the IC so I'm changing mine to be the same I guess.

Double Edit: My hands are way too big to type on mobile phones and I swear autocorrect hates me. I almost give up.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:21:53 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 17: Zoonotic Zebras
« Reply #1226 on: October 27, 2014, 09:18:44 pm »

".........I knew that......I was....It was a drill. Yes. Just in case. All of your response times where lagging last time, this was to keep you on your toes. Good job, you passed."

"Put the murder sticks away everyone, turns out he is just summoning a god..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 27, 2014, 09:21:58 pm »

Azem scatters the pieces of eight not currently in the possession of a Mountwyrm Gem Dragon or Dwarf, and ensures that they are more likely to be found by one of those species.

He also listens to some prayers.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 27, 2014, 09:34:27 pm »

Also, that prayer was to another god and while you are not prevented from listening in, you might wish to consider that it is probably not your follower and possibly not even human. Both I believe would make it somewhat odd for you to interfere.)
(If it was human, I have a right to take his stuff because I'm the God of Humans. All of them. Regardless of whether they worship me or not. If not...oh well, guess I'm not getting it. Remember that I'm going after humans holding the Pieces because they're ILLEGAL in HUMAN settlements.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 27, 2014, 09:41:33 pm »

Sure thing, Yaos! Shouldn't be too much trouble.

Anyways, listen to more prayers.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 475