Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607446 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 17: Zoonotic Zebras
« Reply #1245 on: October 27, 2014, 10:32:55 pm »

("Gas" elements can still be liquids and solids at low enough temperatures. Helium has to be ridiculously cold to be solid though, and I too am admittedly unsure of what the meaning behind that particular comment was. Think of the different states of water if it makes it easier... Except water is actually less dense as a solid than as a liquid which is not typical. Usually solids are more dense and by extension, an equal volume is heavier. I will not pretend to know what the properties of solid helium would be under whatever peculiar conditions would cause it to enter such a state.)

(These plants are sentient though... I'm seriously hoping they eat all your humans after that jab :P.)

(Why are we having these conversations in the IC thread? If we continue, let's carry it over to OOC at the very least.)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:35:27 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1246 on: October 27, 2014, 10:34:44 pm »

My followers are currently drowning in a sea of the others. No doubt, it is time for that to be the other way around.

I begin pulling out more tentacles, mass producing Armu by the hundreds of thousand, yet with all the care I dedicate to all my creation. Tentacle after tentacle fills the void, wriggling around in space, as I lovingly inspect every inch for imperfection, repairing them where I find them. Then, they are sent out to one of the two worlds, with my blessing in words if not power. They can bless themselves that way. An unspecified number of millions are created this way, worth 5 essence points.
(Looking at that post, I would say Freud was right but it would be more like Void was right.)
(I changed the number from inf because I felt like it. Also, I'm pretty sure the numbers control the size and the angle in degrees of the glow or something like that.)
(There was a thread somewhere where someone tried to calculate the density of a cotton candy boulder and it worked out to be lighter than air or something somehow.)
(Also, I'm currently processing the last page of IC posts)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 27, 2014, 10:37:37 pm »

Azem creates/created? an island with a wealth of shinies waiting be plundered on Keshan, and fills/filled it with venomous orb-weavers, and living trees with apples of gold and sap with healing properties.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 27, 2014, 10:40:09 pm »

"Joha, could you help me bring two humans back to life? Together, the cost in doing so would be negligible, as you are the Goddess of Life, I am the God of Humans, and we are attempted to bring humans back to life.
Sure, no problem.
Yaos revives the baby's parents and gives them their baby back. Yaos informs the father that while he'd have been searching for the Piece, his wife would've died from childbirth and so would've been forced to use the Pieces to save her wife rather than her father. He lost nothing in the end.

(Why are we having these conversations in the IC thread? If we continue, let's carry it over to OOC at the very least.)
(Ayup.)

Azem creates/created? an island with a wealth of shinies waiting be plundered on Keshan, and fills/filled it with venomous orb-weavers, and living trees with apples of gold and sap with healing properties.
Yaos inspires ambition in some especially powerful non-humans to go to the island.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1249 on: October 27, 2014, 11:10:01 pm »

(Serac:-0E-3E)
Serac: You have created a prison deep in the Plane of Water and Bubbles, far beneath the sea floor. You have also convened the most powerful of the Sorae to assist you in the creation of a powerful crab guardian with bubble/dimensional powers. The power and belief of the convened Sorae assists you and makes the creation much easier.

You also created a sonorous, glowing metal only recently discovered by the Sorae. It is very corrosion-resistant and found in native form quite frequently and is very hard but really cannot hold an edge.

(Joha: Vote counted)

Yaos: The oldest sister takes care of the baby, but it seems that the baby is somewhat plot-irreversibly ill. Their parents have already passed on to Slytha, as they did not actually do too many significant deeds worthy of your notice. The Inquisitors have reappeared the human who was admiring and desiring a Piece on display. You also create 300 insect-minded psi-controlled savages  The Inquisition currently possesses two Pieces. One of them is a Celestial Coin. You also take the risk of listening to some prayers.
"I wish I was as tall as a mountain!"
"I wish my little brother would get better, but not even the priests can heal him and my inheritance is running out." (plot-block)
"Yaos be praised! My Void army and not my set of suspiciously misshapen dice has won!"
"Thank Yaos I got a job in the Inquisition. Now I can get free food and shelter wherever I go with my whole squad."
"I want my doll to be alive! Make it happen now!"

(Joha: -3E)
Joha has created a race of bioluminescent, telekinetic sky jellyfish who build vast palaces high in the sky out of some gravity-ignoring cloudstuff*. Joha has also enlarged a group of wolves to form the Warg, a trainable, fierce mount.

(Fusil: -5E)
Fusil: At first, the Gruen ask to buy the Armu. After being informed that they are not for sale (or at least not at such a low price), they begin trading many assorted goods. The Armu are delighted by Gruen cuisine, and the Gruen are interested in the exotic ores the Armu have. You also increase the numbers of the Armu to around 3 million.

Anath checks on the number of people killed by the Inquisition for the coins. It appears to be a few orders of magnitude above 1, but records are vague and full of expungement. It could easily be that more than a few are from rioters and rowdy people.

Serac has named the crab angel of Bubbles Nuparhi.

(Azem: -3E)
Azem: You created an island with many shinies and now stock it with more lethal versions of your golden silk orb weavers and ents with golden apples and healing sap. There is potentially a massive amount of dangerous wildlife and terrain on this island.

Yaos: You attempt to resurrect the parents but they are already on Slytha, having done little in the way of the impressive. (plot-lock). You also inspire some random non-human adventurers to go to the island. Few stay for more than a week on account of the dangers.

(Also, the GM is out to get you! All of you! Run! Realistically, if you feel you're getting too much attention, it's probably because your output is also above the mean player output.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 27, 2014, 11:15:24 pm »

"Everyone feel free to stock the island with your own treasures, or more dangers to guard the treasures. Or indeed, dangerous treasures."

Azem listens to some prayers.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 27, 2014, 11:19:42 pm »

"Everyone feel free to stock the island with your own treasures, or more dangers to guard the treasures. Or indeed, dangerous treasures."

"It would seem like a good place to keep those scales nobody seems to remember."

I guess it is only fair now that we are friendish with the Gruen to greet their opponents, the Humans. I have a group of Armu dance in the sky to the tooting of a pipe on the Human capitals of both worlds, raining down miscellaneous shinies. The group then meets the Emperor of man, informing him about their races new place in this world.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 27, 2014, 11:21:22 pm »

Kli observes the recent situations of the Hummingbirds' civilisation.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 27, 2014, 11:27:07 pm »

"Yaos be praised! My Void army and not my set of suspiciously misshapen dice has won!"

Uh, Strike Team Fusil? It's either a void cultist or someone playing a new board game. I hope the latter. It makes the prospect of you busting in with a death squad all the more entertaining.
Sure thing peanut man!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 27, 2014, 11:28:57 pm »

In view of the currently ongoing and not likely to end any century soon war going on, Anath sends word to his priests that he desires the creation of an order of religious warriors, paladins, to defend his children and his followers. These Nightguards are to be made up of the best of the best of those faithful to the night, skilled at arts both priestly and of warriors.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 27, 2014, 11:45:43 pm »

Uh, Strike Team Fusil? It's either a void cultist or someone playing a new board game. I hope the latter. It makes the prospect of you busting in with a death squad all the more entertaining.

"If one cultist managed do summon an entire void army without nobody noticing, then we *may* have to burn the worlds and run. I am going to assume that it is a game and avoid accidentally murdering some random kid."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 27, 2014, 11:47:11 pm »

Anath goes and checks on that mortal who wanted summon him. And why he wanted to summon him.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 27, 2014, 11:58:29 pm »

Really? Am I honestly the only one who wants to see the look on the kid's face when you bust in the door screaming STRIKE TEAM FUSIL, wildly wriggling your laser shooting tentacles around? Because I find the prospect quite hilarious.
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 28, 2014, 12:23:58 am »

Their parents have already passed on to Slytha, as they did not actually do too many significant deeds worthy of your notice.
Yaos and Joha instead work to bring the grandfather back to life. Considering that he died fighting the Gruen, he should have likely gone to the Human Plane.

"I wish I was as tall as a mountain!"
"I wish my little brother would get better, but not even the priests can heal him and my inheritance is running out." (plot-block)
"Thank Yaos I got a job in the Inquisition. Now I can get free food and shelter wherever I go with my whole squad."
"I want my doll to be alive! Make it happen now!"
IGNORED
*see below*
Check in to see if it's just a board game he's playing. Curse him with mild bad luck if he's cheating.
"You're welcome."
*DEATH GLARE* (Not meant to kill, just terrify.)

(I'm going to wait to see if resurrecting the grandfather is successful before I go down and have a chat with the girl. The dialogue will be different depending on if he's there or not. Pleeeease don't do anything to either of them until that happens.)

I guess it is only fair now that we are friendish with the Gruen to greet their opponents, the Humans. I have a group of Armu dance in the sky to the tooting of a pipe on the Human capitals of both worlds, raining down miscellaneous shinies. The group then meets the Emperor of man, informing him about their races new place in this world.
They are accepted and welcomed. Yaos makes the wind blow so that any shinies that would've hit someone and hurt them gets lightly pushed by the wind so they just miss their targets.

"Thank you for introducing the Armu to my people with such friendly terms, Fusil. I was wondering if you could perhaps make a pair of swords with which to arm a couple of archangels I plan to make. You can choose the shape, size, and design with three constraints: they ought to be able to be wielded by the average adult human; the black sword must be one-handed; they should both be capable of stabbing and slashing."

Spoiler: Zephemural (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Telialas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sword Design Edits (click to show/hide)

EDIT: (IMPORTANT: The swords don't get sentience until the archangels are made. The swords should fit the archangels perfectly so they can get maximum power out of them immediately. It would also align the swords to accept only human-based beings as their users.)

EDIT2: How's the Duondio doing? Has s/he been doing well with the whole making the world a better place business?

EDIT3:
(Actually, it's more like Supernatural SWAT Team + Infected + Trying to RELEASE demons + AoT and RoE references.
I guess Avatar can also be added to the list of references.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:24:57 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 28, 2014, 04:34:37 am »

Artisanii sees how his Muses are doing, and decides to create something new. Approaching his Muses, he gives them a job: Protect and Guard the Divine Library as well as the Forbidden Books. Tell him who or what takes books or uses the Library for despicable deeds.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 475