Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607453 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 18: Battle buying BETA
« Reply #1290 on: October 29, 2014, 01:05:14 am »

(Souls still do spawn out of nothing, but they barely exceed the total birthrates. This is part of the cost of creating worshippers.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 29, 2014, 01:06:21 am »

"I propose that even if theres no souls waiting for reincarnation, babies will still be born. That way, people can go to private afterlives without adversely affecting our worshipper base."
"That is already the case. A proposal such as this would be instantly obsolete."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 29, 2014, 01:11:30 am »

@Fusil: "I didnt kill the mother you ass! And the babys sickness has nothing to do with his parents being dead! If it was a normal sickness either I or Joha could heal him but we cant. If its because of the void we should find out whats wrong with him rather than kill him...unless you dont want us to find out. Why would that be Fusil?"

"Do you think I like suggesting infanticide? You shout about how the void caused this sickness, but have not brought forth any proof. At least when I accuse people it makes since. Why in the two worlds would the Null kill a random baby? What would anyone gain from it? At any rate, you asked me for suggestions. I am not the god of healing and children. I am the god of Weapons. The only help I can offer anyone is blowing things up. She was fine before her parents died, by your hand. Now the child is incurably sick. Every second you are wasting, that baby is in pain. Somehow, it feels like everything would have gone well if not for you. Now hurry up and fix that poor child, one way or another."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1293 on: October 29, 2014, 01:18:01 am »

(Actually, only the mother died as a direct result of humans, and that was giving birth to one.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 29, 2014, 01:21:28 am »

Recently, a human nobleman has died in a skirmish against the Gruen. His son, the eldest of the family, attempted to collect the Celestial Coins so as to wish his father back to life. Unfortunately for him, the Inquisition demanded the Coins and he resisted, resulting in his death. His wife has also recently died, but the cause of this seems to have been giving birth.

(He fought with the Gruen because the God of Humans went to war with them. And his son was killed by the inquisition, which I may or may not have confused him for.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: October 29, 2014, 01:48:27 am »

(Souls still do spawn out of nothing, but they barely exceed the total birthrates. This is part of the cost of creating worshippers.)
(But i dont create worshippers. I only create humans. If they choose to worship me thats their choice. Unless by creating worshippers you mean creating people capable of worship.)

@Cim: "Wrong. If too many people go to an afterlife instead of reincarnating less people get born."

@Fusil: "The SISTER is just upset. Its her baby brother thats sick and i had nothing to do with that! If its not the void then why cant i fix him? Just forget it. Im obviously not getting help from gods."

@Stirk: (Then the gm said he died of alcohol poisoning. I dont even know anymore.)

I try and do everything with my god powers to try and find whats wrong with the baby and also to heal him.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 29, 2014, 01:59:51 am »

"Wrong. If too many people go to an afterlife instead of reincarnating less people get born."
"Only if you design your afterlife to prevent births in there. An afterlife doesn't have to be the final rest of the soul, either. The possibilites are almost infinite, if you get creative. Don't limit your own powers."

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 29, 2014, 02:43:34 am »

Once again check on the Library.

Create spirits that inhabit blessed Mortal Works. They inspire people and remove nightmares.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 29, 2014, 02:55:19 am »

((Finally back home with a proper computer and keyboard and stuff. Now I can properly articulate how much Yaos hates everyone right now.))

"Wrong. If too many people go to an afterlife instead of reincarnating less people get born."
"Only if you design your afterlife to prevent births in there. An afterlife doesn't have to be the final rest of the soul, either. The possibilites are almost infinite, if you get creative. Don't limit your own powers."
"OR - and just I'm just putting it out there - we use our nigh-infinite god powers to make it so that we don't get inconvenienced no matter WHAT we do! Did you think about that, Cim the Above-the-Lawgiver? Why don't we just make it so that no matter WHAT our afterlives are like the mortal realm remains unaffected! I want my followers to have eternal happiness for being good people WITHOUT the wholly unnecessary condition that I then get less followers."

((From here on out I'm going to assume the whole business with the Anath-worshipping Star Elf who had a Piece didn't happen, because I wouldn't have done or said anything if I'd known what he was, which I think is something I would know without having to inquire into.))

"Do you think I like suggesting infanticide?"
"You have suggested literally nothing else. Just saying."
"You shout about how the void caused this sickness, but have not brought forth any proof. At least when I accuse people it makes since. Why in the two worlds would the Null kill a random baby? What would anyone gain from it?"
"I am the goddess of HUMANS. Joha is the goddess of LIFE. With our power combined we SHOULD be able to heal this baby IN AN INSTANT but we CAN'T. AT ALL. If not the Void, THEN WHAT OTHER BLASTED THING IS CAPABLE OF STOPPING THE COMBINED POWER OF TWO FREAKING GODS!!!"

"She was fine before her parents died, by your hand."
"The FATHER - instead of praying to Me and asking for help, instead decided to break the law and resist arrest. The MOTHER died of CHILDBIRTH which I had NOTHING TO DO WITH. The sister is merely upset. Her BABY BROTHER, on the other hand, is DYING OF A SICKNESS THAT EVEN GODS CAN'T CURE! HOW THE BLAZES DOES HAVING DEAD PARENTS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HAVING A GOD-INCURABLE ILLNESS!"

"Somehow, it feels like everything would have gone well if not for you."
"Well FUCK YOU TOO FUSIL!"

"Now hurry up and fix that poor child, one way or another."
"Congratulations, Fusil. Congratulations.
Grauel empowers his creatures that they may eat the beings I manifested from and am sworn to protect, but I do not hate him. The Void beings attack us with Eldritch monstrosities, mutate our creations, and strive to tear apart the gods in this council, but I do not hate them. Cim, despite being the god of law, goes behind all of our backs and 'disarms' you by stealing one of your angels. Seeing as how he could theoretically do that to any one of our angels, there is a case for me hating him, but I do not. Artisanii, who, like Cim, went behind all our backs and collected without consent and without informing the people involved, took their private thoughts and stored them in his library, yet I do not hate him.
But with that one little sentence, Fusil, you have driven me to hate you. I hate you, Fusil. I hate you."

Yaos checks the library to see if the private recollections, thoughts, memories, and written objects made by the gods or their angels is still being collected and stored. She then takes human form and eats a jelly roll sandwich at some sandwich shop or something. It's been a long day.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:05:14 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 29, 2014, 03:27:33 am »

Cim sets the baby into unconscious stasis.

"That should stop the disase from progressing and keep him from pain, or would if the disease was mundane; as it isn't, I cannot tell with complete certainty. I will release him at your word, but this remedy should give us more time to search for a cure. Now, Yaos, would you explain why you've escalated one sick mortal (even if the sickness is something special) to this level?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: October 29, 2014, 03:40:50 am »

"Escalate? What do you mean by escalate? The worst I did was wait a little from attempting to heal him so that I can get advice from the other gods. I STILL haven't done anything to him because I don't know WHAT to do."

((Yaos isn't lying. At the very least that's all she and I think she's done.))

EDIT: ((I think by 'You stupid gods only ever make things worse!' she's referring to how the Inquisitors killed her brother. Otherwise, some Void beings impersonated us and went down themselves to make things worse.

Yaos makes sure to keep an eye on the brother to see if any suspicious beings attempt to do anything to it.

She also listens to some prayers.

EDIT2: Yaos also tells the Angel-Emperor to provide for her and her brother so their inheritance doesn't run out.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:53:48 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: October 29, 2014, 03:54:44 am »

"By 'escalate', I mean how you get to the point of anger where you directly insult others. You are not the only one quilty, but one mortal about to die and reincarnate is a very petty reason. Calm down."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: October 29, 2014, 04:00:00 am »

"I...you..." *sigh* "You have a point Cim. But I still think Fusil was out of line telling me to help him when it's already well-known that I can't, even with the help of the Goddess of LIFE. I suspect that the baby will not simply die and reincarnate, however. I'm guessing - and I'm JUST guessing - that he's being used as a sacrifice or living portal or something to summon a Void being. I have no evidence to support this. It's just a hunch.

Aside from doing the stuff mentioned in the edits from Andres' previous posts, Yaos also makes it so that no matter what, the brother and sister go to the Human Plane after death. Worst case scenario (sacrificial void portal), it can at least be trapped in a dimension owned and controlled by a god.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:02:42 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: October 29, 2014, 04:55:43 am »

"Wait, why don't we solve this in the most simple, obvious way?"

Cim releases the boy and reads his mind, specifically looking for signs of Void beings.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: October 29, 2014, 05:14:42 am »

Calm down fellow gods, we shouldn't let tiny problem in the mortal world create such anger and hatred, if the mortal prove to be too much of a problem we can always get rid of them and the start new.

Also I think the world is a bit bland , maybe we should add a variety of things to it?

I propose that we populate the world with numerous gigantic carnivorous plants, underground vegetations, giant mythical beasts that roam the land and maybe a bronze colossuses or three. Or just mythical creatures of gigantic proportion. So the mortal can forge some interesting legends.

Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 475