Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607887 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 18: Battle buying BETA
« Reply #1320 on: October 29, 2014, 04:23:52 pm »

Still, if I made a pet in almost your identical image, wouldn't it be the slightest bit... Well, guess it's none of my business. Just seems somewhat devaluing I suppose. Like how it would be odd if I made an unintelligent very human looking creature and started having them serve as pets to the Gruen. Don't mind me, just thinking out loud.

Oh, were Lycae made before dogs? Huh, still odd thinking about it.

"Didn't the God of Humans already do that, exempt he forced them into war. Besides, she wasn't a pet, she was a friend. Different!"

I purposefully ignore the God of Humans mad tirade, knowing him/her to be a mood swingy person.

I propose that we populate the world with numerous gigantic carnivorous plants, underground vegetations, giant mythical beasts that roam the land and maybe a bronze colossuses or three. Or just mythical creatures of gigantic proportion. So the mortal can forge some interesting legends.

"I disagree. If you want it, make it yourself. You have plenty of essence, no need to use ours. "
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: October 29, 2014, 05:21:53 pm »

Like how it would be odd if I made an unintelligent very human looking creature and started having them serve as pets to the Gruen.
"You may be surprised to know tha- "
"Didn't the God of Humans already do that, exempt he forced them into war."
"Yes, exactly that."

Oh, were Lycae made before dogs? Huh, still odd thinking about it.
"No no no! The DOGS came BEFORE the LYCAE. First Joha made a variant of wolves that would live with humans through their lives as companions, then she made a variant of wolves that were sapient (or were they sentient?), then she made a variant of wolves that were larger and tameable so they could be used as mounts for Humans."

I purposefully ignore the God of Humans mad tirade, knowing him/her to be a mood swingy person.
"I apologise for my previous outburst. It was a very stressful day and as it turns out I was really hungry. If you ever find yourself in Heldinheim, be sure to stop by Benito's Sandwich Shop. Their sandwiches are really just excellent."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 29, 2014, 05:47:28 pm »

Err yes, that's what I meant. Had a long day okay. Cut me some slack.

Speaking of sandwiches, it has been a long time since I've eaten.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 29, 2014, 05:54:54 pm »

Azem creates a race of fire-breathing, black-scaled, horned dragons with back spikes, very sharp claws, and club tails, and puts them on the island of death and riches.

"How's that for interesting Varee?"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 29, 2014, 05:59:58 pm »

"Why not, I supose."

Khaziraad creates a race of chameleonic spiders with quick working neurotoxin and places them on the island of dangerous plunder.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 29, 2014, 06:05:29 pm »

Hey Azem. Want to see what happens when you feed Gruen spores to a Dragon?
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 29, 2014, 06:08:41 pm »

Azem also checks on the progress of the Mountwyrms and Dwarves on both worlds.

"It would be interesting to see. Might even make their remains more valuable. You have my permission."

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 29, 2014, 07:02:55 pm »

Hey Azem. Want to see what happens when you feed Gruen spores to a Dragon?
"That better not be a Star Dragon you're running that experiment on." Anath rumbles.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1328 on: October 29, 2014, 07:29:50 pm »

Tick 19: Close and Cold Calls

The Armu have, under Fusil's command, made contact with many of the remaining races. Their unique Cosmic attunement and array of exotic materials give them much success. On Slytha, they will undoubtedly be of great assistance for the Wood Elven laboratory.

A group of Star Elves have constructed a temple complex in the Caves of the Firstborn* for the purpose of quartering the highest priests and the Nightguard.

Some Ritan towns have begun holding Electric Rayces* in which trained giant electric rays race around an assigned track. This brings much joy and entertainment to the people. They have also discovered a sonorous, shiny metal with the guidance of Serac, and the Sorae have discovered floatstone, which ascends when illuminated. They find it useful for sports, docking, and the equivalent of hot air balloons (even if an avian race probably wouldn't need them much).

Yaos has attempted to diagnose the ill little brother of the desperate lady. The brother seems to have an incurable case of a fate-al illness. Cim has fixed and released the little brother (in time), who still seems to be incurably ill. It has also attempted to examine his mind for signs of the Void (of which there are none). Yaos has monitored their residence, and there is no significant trace of the Void over the Cosmic Eldritch Background (CEB), and finally, Yaos has claimed both their souls for the Plane of Humans and Ambition. The lady has renounced and denounced all the gods and used what magic she has learned to travel out into the wilderness and disappear from divine eyes. None of you can see anything about either of them for a few decades.

Artisanii looks into the Library. Varee is still standing in the middle of the way not doing anything. Anath and Fusil seem to have left. The shelf Anath was using seems to have been tidied up.

The Yaos have summoned a Retconjurer to Void the incident where they tried to order the arrest of an immigrant Star Elf for possession of a Celestial Coin. It has so little effect on anything else in the future that it works without any problems. They have also checked on the Library to see if additional godly information is available. There are no new items containing personal information regarding the gods or their servants. Tensions seem to be developing between Yaos and Fusil. These are some prayers addressed to Yaos:
"Yaos, should I start a farm outside town?"
"By Yaos, I wonder if I should wear my new hat."
"Hahahahaha, oh Yaos that's hilarious!"

Yaos has checked on Project: Celebrity. While there are a few high-profile followers who have achieved much, they are far quieter and more humble (and somewhat less ambitious) than most of the results, who seem to be loud and obnoxious about their enhanced abilities. This still results in many fan conversions, but probably not as many as if you selected against boastfulness specifically.

The Light has started an event set for once every seven years testing all sorts of skills and has created the Luuvan, a sessile race of knowledge-seeking glowing fungi divided into many castes. They record obtained knowledge into gems, and they start out underground.

Some Dwarves have begun to dig deeper. They find entire veins of native gold and begin digging a lot wider than deeper.

Azem has created a race of Black Dragons to make the Island of Greed and Death* more dangerous and more mythic. Khaziraad has created a number of color-changing spiders with fast-acting neurotoxic venom for the Island. Azem has allowed a Gem Dragon to ingest large quantities of Gruen spores. The resulting Grue Dragon is now cyan-colored, large, and ravenous. It may now have some capacity for Gruen-like adaptation as well.

Finally, an unruly peasant mob has burned down an Inquisition building.

This update's dominant constellations are the Crown and Eye. The Keshan aurora are more visible. The Slythan ice ring is slightly visible.

(The Light: -2E, Azem: -4E, Khaziraad: -2E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. While the war stuff should be released by tick 23, there is still plenty of room for more creation and HTML canvas learning.

Sphere ideas this update are Rebirth, Moon, Magic, and Travel.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:51:45 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 29, 2014, 07:48:45 pm »

In many ways, it resembles forgetting to put a resistance gene in your vector's insert or not using a treated growth medium.
(Anyone know what any of this technobabble even means?)

I ignore the prayer except for farm guy - who I advice should move to one of the colonies. (Why are the colonies so low in population? The whole point of them was because there was overpopulation in human cities (SOMEHOW WITH A MERE HUNDRED THOUSAND HUMANS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD) so why aren't there more people there?)

Yaos is pleased about how Project: Celebrity is turned out. He's a little disappointed it didn't work quite as well as he hoped he would but he fears that trying to do anything else in that area would incur further wrath from the God Manager. He also wonders why the Deity Master calls him 'The' Yaos instead of just 'Yaos'.

Moving on, he goes to see on his dwarves. He sees that they have found gold and are now digging wider rather than deeper. Luckily, the INCEPTION he performed on the small group of deep-miners (now known as the Freeminers) was to DIG DEEPER with the caveat that the idea will not naturally go away on its own. He still expects the Freeminers to continue digging deeper in secret, with the king continuing to bail them out if needed.

"I would like everyone to take another look at Proposal 18.00 and advise them to support it. There are no downsides to doing so - only upsides. Personally, I think the soul spawn rate should be high enough to allow births that would not be able to happen if afterlives are involved."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1330 on: October 29, 2014, 08:03:57 pm »

(Regarding bacterial transformation: Fixed, should really not write updates and study that at the same time.)

The farmer joins the next party moving to a colony. (The colonies are non-existent on the war map because of balance and map issues which may eventually be cleared up. I have no idea about the colonies in the main canon, though.)

(Pretty much any automated boost or curse system applied to mortals will be likely to run into Literal Genie problems, especially if it is insufficiently rigorous or specific. This represents the lack of attention paid in exchange for the convenience of automation and is not a sign of any annoyance or wrath.)

The Yaos is called such with the definite article because the GodManager finds it confusing to write about multiple beings sharing a name and flickering between grammatical categories. but the GodManager is open to suggestions on this issue.

The Underking is pleased with the large boost in gold production and feels they have dug perfectly deep and would be taking a massive risk if they dug much deeper. It is very hard to turn Dwarves away from such a ready source of gold especially when you only use dreamnudges on them and they have free will, whatever that phrase could possibly mean.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 29, 2014, 08:15:12 pm »

(Biologically, a somewhat simple definition is that vectors are a manner transferring genes from one organism to another using DNA. A possibly familiar example is using viruses, which can insert their own coding into DNA of living organisms by the same manner they reproduce with. It can be used for a lot of different things like introducing certain genes to plants to make them more survivable or less practically, introducing luminescence to animals and plants that usually don't glow. Actually they even did that to pigs in one experiment I remember learning about. Resistance Vectors, I'm assuming means transferring genes that give resistance to something; eg antibiotic resistance being transferred into certain bacteria that didn't initially have it. An insert is just a piece of DNA that is inserted into a larger DNA Vector. Treated growth medium means it's growth medium that has had contaminations removed. Think treated water; it's more pure.)

Edit: Not to be intrusive but are you a biology or biotech major? Actually that's really none of my business. Just enjoy the fields.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:21:04 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 29, 2014, 08:16:46 pm »

Azem checks on progress of the Dwarves and Mountwyrms on both worlds. He also turns his gaze to Alprozem.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 29, 2014, 08:24:22 pm »

(Oops, almost forgot I had an action to post.)

Grauel creates the Four Faces of Hunger:
Four masks that grant their wearers great power but at the expense of consuming them with hunger.

And they are scattered throughout the world.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:56:20 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 29, 2014, 09:19:26 pm »

The Yaos is called such with the definite article because the GodManager finds it confusing to write about multiple beings sharing a name and flickering between grammatical categories. but the GodManager is open to suggestions on this issue.
(What multiple beings? There is only one Yaos.)

"I continue to urge gods to SUPPORT Proposal 18.00. We lose nothing from signing it into effect and it will prevent bad and entirely preventable things from happening to us. Serac, Anath, Azem, Cim, Varee, I expect all of you to support this considering you all have your own afterlives. Wouldn't it be better if they DIDN'T detract from your worshipper base? Don't you want more freedom - as gods, I'll remind - to do as you see fit without negative consequence?"

He also reminds him that the first time they 'dug too deep' they found monsters in a cavern that freely gave them shinies, and then the second time they 'dug too deep' they found a massive amount of gold. Surely this is proof that there is no real thing as 'digging too deep' - just 'digging deeper'.
If that's still not enough I show the king that the Gem Dragons are much more wealthy than the dwarves, even with the recent discovery (if they aren't, I show a fabricated image of their wealth). Yaos also shows that they are powerful and would beat the dwarves in a fight, so the only way to properly match their wealth and claim an actual sense of satisfaction would be to dig deeper and gain more wealth, since simply taking the wealth from the Gem Dragons owuld be nigh impossible while digging deeper has always proven to be very much worth it.
If even that's not enough to do it, Yaos encourages more dwarven kings to dig deeper and match the first dwarven king in wealth. This would make the first one a bit upset that he's no more wealthy or special than any other king and so would probably begin to feel he needs to acquire more wealth to make up for it. If the desired effect is achieved but to a limited amount so that he's still not willing to go further, Yaos gives that extra little nudge to make it happen.
Regardless of what happens with the king, she inspires the most greedy, the most ambitious, and the most reckless dwarves to see what's just a little bit deeper. That IS the nature (and motto) of the Freeminers after all - DIG DEEPER AND DAMN THE DETRIMENTALS.

(That enough detail for you? I did a bit of alliteration in the end for some brown-nosing APPRECIATION FOR YOUR CLEVER TITLING SCHEME OF COURSE.)

EDIT: Yaos listens to more prayers. This time, filtering out the mundane 'by Yaos!' statements and choosing instead to listen to the more meaningful, heartfelt, dangerous, and/or interesting wishes. Wishes to become gods are - as always - ignored.

He also considers making an angel that has even less combat ability than Controller Angels (as in, so a teenage human could beat him up) but without the psi-abilities. The purpose of this angel is merely to observe humanity and give helpful advice to Yaos each Tick.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:30:57 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 475