Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608278 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 18: Battle buying BETA
« Reply #1410 on: October 31, 2014, 11:44:56 am »

Yeah but that will take longer and I want it now. The Devourer loves jelly rolls. It's the perfect gift!
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 31, 2014, 01:40:51 pm »

Yaos changes into her old, bearded man form.

Jeffrey has provided some advice for Yaos: "I think people think badly about your Inquisition because of some meddler god twisting them into carricatures."
"Thank you Jeffrey, now le- wait WHAT!? You did well bringing this up Jeffrey."
Yaos uses the power of the Keshan aurora to divine which of the gods is responsible. Yaos cannot unfortunately counter them because the kinds of caricatures they're made out to be aren't clear. Are they made to look Orwellian? Evil? Spanish? Or are they being semi-literally twisted into caricatures so it's not really people seeing them differently, but rather they're actually turning into caricatures? For someone so obsessed with detail it's surprising the God Master would forget to include so much important information.

Yaos has also found a few of the younger members of the Breaker Knights and a few cells, but it is widely suspected that the more important Breaker Knights have decent abjuration spells, thus explaining how they seemingly appeared out of nowhere.
Luckily, the Keshan Aurora has never been brighter which should help Yaos and Divination mages to help find them. In any case, the Paladins and Controlados receive orders to attempt to capture higher-ranking Breaker Knights.

They find many, but these seem to be cannon fodder and lift a hand only to block attacks using the powerful Breaker shields, which nullify and destroy non-unique weapons. A dozen or so flamethrowers have been disintegrated over the course of the investigation.
(I'm going to have to challenge this.)
Spoiler: Challenge (click to show/hide)

They also report that many people have suddenly reported their property being used for illegal Breaker Knight meetings in the world's first case of widespread insurance fraud. It seems that many of them are mostly empty houses with kicked over furniture and spilled food.
(*sigh* This is Gem Dragon Mercenaries all over again. Compensation is only paid out in the event that property is damaged by Paladins, Controlados, or mages when attacking Breaker Knights - NOT for simply harboring them. Compensation is paid out ASAP AFTER the damage is done.)

Shifty human: "I wish for a mountain made of solid gold to appear next to a human town."
Hot human: "Maybe if the world were cooler, I'd be happier. If only Yaos could do something about that."
Wandering Gruen: "Could you not attack the Gruen? Only one in a few dozens of thousands of Gruen actually eat humans. It's really not fair."
Adventurous human: "Do you know if this brown starchy vegetable is edible?"
Curious human: "What's eldritch anyway?"
Breaker Knight in custody: "By Yaos, I want to become the god of humans!"
An alarming loophole in the prayer specification system has been discovered.
IGNORED
Yaos inspires ambition. "Become an explorer. There are lands North that are quite colder than where you are. Discover them and you will become rich and famous among your peers and you will forever be remembered by history." Yaos then gives the human some images of the lands and also shows him places that he should avoid (deserts, overly-treacherous terrain, places with vicious animals, etc.)
"This is quite possibly the first time a non-human has prayed to me as the God of Humans, and it's a Gruen at that! I'm honestly quite surprised. I'm also rather surprised given the low amount of Gruen there are that commit such crimes against my people. I have to thank you for sharing this, it could possibly help with peace talks.
If the peace talks fail, however, I will still go to war because the Gruen government - as well as Grauel - are still protecting the rights of these Gruen to feast on my followers. If either one were to officially denounce the practice I will not go through with the war. If you want to help, you can perhaps try to gain support among other Gruen and petition the government or Grauel to denounce the practice of human-eating."

"Yes it is, but it requires cooking and you can't eat the little green bit. If I remember correctly, you can slice them up into thin pieces, fry them, and cover them in salt for a tasty treat. You may want to try it."
[Yaos checks the Lexicon] "Eldritch: weird, eerie, but with connotations of being unearthly and perhaps evil or mysteriously sinister. I got that from the Lexicon that [insert Human's name] made. You may want to look into it."
MIND CRUSH
Yaos wonders what loophole that might be, since all the wishes received were interesting and not filter-worthy.

A human inventor has invented a device that will end all wars because war would seem like nothing compared to it. The human inventor has created
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh **** the Void, yes!

In a random graveyard, skeletons have risen and begun dancing to a haunting violin solo. The townspeople, naturally, complain of not being able to sleep from the excessive noise.
Eh. It's only for one night.

This update's dominant constellations are the Crown and Gravestone. The Keshan aurora are brightening noticeably.
(Wait, so the constellations are chosen at random? I thought they were activated in list-based order.)

@Joha: "So waddya think of my supes awesome idea, Joha? Just a little help with making some angels and I start an annual festival in your honour!" :D "I can also get the Emperor to make some temples for you if you want."
Hm, sure, Yaos!
Yaos (with Joha's help) creates two archangels: Lette and Vaal. Lette is female, has purple eyes, is rather boisterous, and her main colour scheme for her clothing is white. Vaal is male, has orange eyes, is rather reserved (and at times, brooding), and his main colour scheme for his clothing is black. They are both combat-enhanced, fusion-capable, and ENHANCED. They are placed in Keshan.
The Emperor organises an annual festival dedicated to Joha and Life. Malik is a bit busy with Slythan economies and making sure they don't starve to handle organising festivals so a mayor who worships both Yaos and Joha is selected to organise it instead. ((You can detail what happens during the festival if you want.))

Yaos, I'll give you one essence for the jelly roll maker.
"Deal!"

Yaos, I'll give you one essence for the jelly roll maker.

"You are at war. Just take it from him, claim it as your own. He was a fool to think it will end all wars, it will only give them something to fight for!"
"Why are you meddling, Fusil? Do you have something against me?"

Yeah but that will take longer and I want it now. The Devourer loves jelly rolls. It's the perfect gift!
"Always happy to help!"
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:34:38 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1412 on: October 31, 2014, 01:53:15 pm »

I will make Nuparhi able to sense void energies, and make godly/eldritch intervention aimed at her(?) be redirected to a nearby object.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 31, 2014, 02:10:14 pm »

Give Yaos one essence for the jelly roll maker and have it wrapped as a gift and placed in the Devourer's fortress.

Give Grue-Hybrid Variants the ability to produce Gruen Spores just like regular Gruen as well as retaining their initial ability to mate which would produce more hybrids as opposed to just regular Gruen like the spores make or regular variants of the species (this is assuming they can't do these things already).

Have a Jelly Roll Festival held in the capital with all invited. Notes are sent out to those Gruen who broke away saying they are of course welcome to come enjoy the festival and possibly reunite with old friends.

Create four basic teleporting warrior angels if I still have a decent amount of essence left over and it won't bring me below 6-7 essence.

Edit: Changed number of angels I want.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:14:01 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 31, 2014, 02:16:04 pm »

Have a Jelly Roll Festival held in the capital with all invited.
Cim joins in with the festivities.

"I see no reason not to see how exactly the Gruen culture has developed. I might smite some troublemakers if there are any, don't mind it."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 31, 2014, 02:42:12 pm »

"I see no reason not to see how exactly the Gruen culture has developed. I might smite some troublemakers if there are any, don't mind it."
"That reminds me, can you give me the locations of the remaining Breaker Knights? They are very much against the law now, your feud with Fusil has ended, and I think all three of us would be pleased if they were brought to justice for their crimes. They probably aren't cloaked against you what with you being their founder."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 31, 2014, 02:51:54 pm »

"Actually, I didn't found them. A certain orphan did. Maybe it would indeed be a good idea to start the search from the roots."

Cim searches for the (unnamed) original founder of the Breaker Knights. (Shouldn't be hard, considering Cim knows him by face.) If he's dead already (whether by natural causes or something else), it follows the line of founders to find the current leader.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 31, 2014, 03:20:58 pm »

Have a Jelly Roll Festival held in the capital with all invited. Notes are sent out to those Gruen who broke away saying they are of course welcome to come enjoy the festival and possibly reunite with old friends.

Artisanii tells the Muses to attend the Festival and make artistic interperations of the Jelly Roll.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 31, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »

Azem encourages his people to attend the Jelly Roll festival.

Azem gives the human who wanted a mountain of gold a mountain of pyrite.

Azem listens to some non-Mountwyrm prayers.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 06:27:39 pm by Vgray »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 31, 2014, 06:25:18 pm »

The people of this world seem to just see weapons as tool. Which, of course they are, but they should be seen as something...more. They should get closer to weapons, giving them some incentive to take good care of old ones rather than having them recycled, sold, or destroyed. I should make an incentive for keeping them, for loving them. The weapon should become a part of them. It should be their best friend, their life.

It should be...human, even as they are human, because it is their life.

Thinking this, I create Shinjo. Spirits that inhabit well-loved weapons, making them more powerful. As they grow more powerful, they grow more intelligent, slowly becoming humans themselves. Powerful enough ones will even be able to transform into the same species as the being who wields them, growing more powerful still the more they are used. It will take time, it will take care, and it will take love. But it can happen. These are released to the worlds.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 31, 2014, 06:54:08 pm »

"You say they'll eventually grow to become sapient human souls? Interesting. Very interesting."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 31, 2014, 06:59:23 pm »

"You say they'll eventually grow to become sapient human souls? Interesting. Very interesting."

"I didn't say anything. GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT OF MY HEEEAAAAAD! Anyway, they become the same species as whatever wields them, and are still spirits. They can simply take the form of what they are wielded as."

(I was just quoting the Rifleman's Creed  :-\)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 31, 2014, 07:08:57 pm »

Does a war golem qualify as a weapon?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 31, 2014, 07:15:00 pm »

"I didn't say anything. GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT OF MY HEEEAAAAAD! Anyway, they become the same species as whatever wields them, and are still spirits. They can simply take the form of what they are wielded as."
"It would still be interesting to see whose sphere would be dominant. On the one hand it will have the body of a weapon but on the other it will have the soul of a Human. Moreover, it would be interesting to see if they - as sapient creatures - will be capable of worship. Certainly interesting notions indeed."

Does a war golem qualify as a weapon?
"Oh gods, please don't mention that kind of stuff. Us gods need limits, you know. Act as if it doesn't."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 07:17:21 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1424 on: October 31, 2014, 07:48:32 pm »

Tick 21:

Grauel has decided to purchase an early model of the recently invented automated jelly roll maker from Yaos. It seems strange that Grauel did not just buy it directly from the inventor, but this will probably encourage Yaos to invest more in inspiring mortals. It seems that the reason for why Grauel bought the device is that the Devourer loves jelly rolls. Yaos has acquired the plans for the particular model invented and has given it to the Slythan humans in an attempt to provide them with some means of gaining economic control. Unfortunately for them, patents do not exist.

Jeffrey advises that Yaos be less protective of the humans for the cause of increasing their independence and decreasing the amount of petty prayers. The GodManager notes that he has complete but unexercised control over Jeffrey and may choose to end this useful little advice feature at any moment.

Yaos has attempted to divine the location of the Breaker Knights.

(Challenge successful. They broke at the very most a flamethrower or two. Again, the Literal Genie problem applies almost exclusively to regular things and not this.)

The many people who attempted insurance fraud are now mourning and praying that you restore their houses. Your wiser followers are extremely irritated by their insolence and some of them are praying for you to punish them by scattering the food and furniture even more.

A hot human explorer has gathered a party with Luminee, Dwarves, and Gruen to travel to the mythic Northern Lands. They begin their journey at the Tree.

The adventurous human has begun cultivating earth-apples. They are delicious and useful for many things.

The Dwarves have encountered gigantic vermicious creatures while digging in their mines. The creatures seem not to notice the Dwarves at all as they continue wandering and consuming tonnes of rock. Their tunnels seem to be relatively safe despite their size, and the highest-ranked miners suspect that the creatures somehow release compressed, reinforced rock back into the tunnel walls, thus stabilizing them despite the immense pressures at the depths at which they occur.

The human requesting the definition of "eldritch" seems somewhat satisfied but seems to want to see a demonstration of something that can be described as eldritch.

The brash, Apotheosozetic* Breaker Knight has been struck down!

(The constellations have (so far) been chosen at random because we don't actually know how long each tick lasts. Any requests for changes should be sent to Anath, Mage of Shadow.)

Yaos and Joha have created Lette and Vaal, two enhanced fusable angels on Keshan. The humans now have festivals to Varee and Joha, but the festival to Joha is currently undescribed while the festival to Varee is spreading everywhere and everywhen.

Serac has initiated an upgrade of Nuparhi, granting it the ability to sense concentrations of Void energy. The upgrade for granting it luck-based invulnerability is expensive, and confirmation and a more specific description of the degree of invulnerability will be required.

Grauel has allowed Grue-Hybrid variants to produce spores much like the Gruen and has started a Jelly Roll Festival in the Gruen capital and invited the dispersed Gruen to attend. Grauel has also created four jumper warrior angels of Hunger. Muses present at the Jelly Roll Festival have created exquisite-looking interpretations of the jelly rolls, and Azem has encouraged the Dwarves, Mountwyrms, and Gem Dragons to attend the Festival (which many do).

Cim has joined in the festivities and offered to work as minor security. It has also begun searching for the anonymous current leader of the Breaker Knights. The Cim-derived concealment spells easily dissolve before Cim's efforts, revealing that they currently live under a Luminee town.

Azem has given the Shifty Human wishing for a mountain made of gold a mountain of pyrite. The Shifty Human is not amused. Prayers from non-Mountwyrms addressed to Azem include the following:
Dwarf Underking: "Can you tell the meddling god to stop sending us inane dreams?"
Gruen Merchang: "I wish for you to tell me where I should give money for the greatest effect, positive or negative. Achieving wealth is boring."
Human Merchant: "Should I help fund the war effort when it will severely decrease trade?"
Hummingbird thinker: "What is greed exactly?"

Fusil has created the Shinjo, which are weapon spirits grown through use and care. They may eventually gain the ability to manifest as a member of the best wielder's race if cared for sufficiently.

(I'm inclined to think they will end up being considered mostly weapons, considering their creator.)

This update's dominant constellations are the Shield and Phoenix. The Keshan aurora have dimmed slightly.

(Grauel: -1E, Yaos: +1E, Yaos: -4E, Joha: -5E, Serac: -2E, Grauel: -5E, Azem: -2E, Fusil: -3E)

* ascension-seeking. I made it up from apotheosis and zhtv (ζητω) and really hope it doesn't seriously end up in some dictionary or something.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (-1*) (click to show/hide)

Chyribylta has been locked until a better time arrives. This means you cannot just drain It.

Kli is currently in danger of being marked inactive.

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (3) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. While the war stuff should be released by tick 23, there is still plenty of room for more creation still.

Sphere ideas this update are Dreams, Murder, Animal, and Travel.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 475