Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607482 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T25: Stall
« Reply #1530 on: November 05, 2014, 04:56:23 pm »

The air grew cold, and the light dims. Books shrivel and shrouds of darkness condense into a nebulous form.

Chyribylta has awoken again.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 05, 2014, 05:01:04 pm »

"Grulems? How did golems manage to consume gruen spores? I don't remember making them with digestional tracts. Also, just how does hunger manifest in them, who need not eat?"
Probably got stuck in their cracks or something.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 05, 2014, 05:38:10 pm »

Yaos goes into his girl form.

"Grulems? How did golems manage to consume gruen spores? I don't remember making them with digestional tracts. Also, just how does hunger manifest in them, who need not eat?"
Probably got stuck in their cracks or something.
"That is really, really wrong. I mean that is seriously wrong."

((Seriously. They are "accidently" reproducing with other races. Let that sink in for a bit.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 05, 2014, 05:53:09 pm »

Well, it was somewhat alluded to it having been done by the golems on purpose for use in exploiting the Gruen's adaptability. I don't think the spores just happened to worm their way inside anything accidentally. They probably found some way of directly implanting the spores.

Also that's not entirely an accurate way of looking at it. It's a symbiotic relationship, not direct interspecies reproduction. That's like getting grossed out by all the different types of bacteria that live within human digestive systems and help with processing food while technically using humans for reproductive purposes or more accurately just as the environment they reproduce within.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:56:26 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1534 on: November 05, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »

Tick 26: Onset

Unfortunately for the attempt to invent patents, inventors are already rare enough. Inventors not willing to work with other races to distribute their products are, as a subset of the former, even more rare. (It was a hard roll)

The Emperor and Malik have sent out exploration parties. Although it is difficult to find rich places, they manage to find a few far in the frontier. It is unlikely that any settlements built there will be sufficiently close to the site of the war.

"Hehehehehehe..."
"A super farmhand!? What a lame dream! No way!"
Another apotheosozetic Breaker Knight has been struck down!

Humans have been reintroduced to the concept of riding animals. They greatly appreciate the official support for their sport on both worlds, and this new generation of blessed athletes seems more respectful than the previous generation.

A human gambling house has become wildly successful and popular, and the proprietors are planning to expand their business to other towns. Although the house brings much crime to the town, the additional bonus to income from wanderers makes up for it quite nicely.

Neron listens to for prayers and hears a few from the still-small following of Ice:
"Send a sign that the world may know of your awakening!"
"Could you freeze this cream?"

No queens have recently died, thus making the search for more awakened Minio-ons more difficult. They live fairly long lives and have some redundancy, unlike bees.

The latest flare and recent pattern of  strong solar activity appear to be linked to the strong aurora. There does not appear to be any specific reason or cause for the recent flare.

Many of the Star Squid are playing variations on the sport Anath taught them. They exhibit no sign of Void influence themselves, but a few have taken to living around what appears to be a charred Void temple deep in a trench on Slytha.

(Khaziraad: I would guess that they incorporate Gruen spores into their bodies and allow the spores to absorb material very slowly onto their bodies. This probably only really works for the stone and maybe the clay golems.)

This update's dominant constellations are the Dragon and Claw. There is an intense aurora over Keshan. The ice ring above Slytha has become more visible.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. Secret/special stuff is being deployed, but basic purchases are available now.

Sphere ideas this update are Pregnancy (!), Treachery, Protection, and Destruction.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:02:20 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T26: Onset
« Reply #1535 on: November 05, 2014, 07:18:35 pm »

((Yep, Site PM's are slow as snails))

Do the thing

Edit: Also create 3 Puzzle boxe's - A 20m tall cubic structure which is one giant 3D maze at the center of which lies an artifact which when placed within a building will constantly reshape, replace and remove coridoors and buildings in such a way, that whoever holds the artifact would get to where it is going within least possible ammount of time entirely undisturbed. Place them in between lands belonging to diferent races.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:30:05 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 05, 2014, 07:32:29 pm »

The Emperor and Malik have sent out exploration parties. Although it is difficult to find rich places, they manage to find a few far in the frontier. It is unlikely that any settlements built there will be sufficiently close to the site of the war.
They are all officially claimed by Mankind.

"A super farmhand!? What a lame dream! No way!"
Instead show this person dreams of being a super villain not a super villein. Evil laugh, goatee, princess-kidnapping, doomsday devices, henchmen, loot, the works! Secretly, of course.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: November 05, 2014, 10:10:01 pm »

Grauel creates
Spoiler: *The Garden of Hunger* (click to show/hide)

Send some Gruen to colonize the Island of Death and Riches. A true test of their adaptability.
Sure thing peanut man!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1538 on: November 05, 2014, 11:11:57 pm »

Support 18.01.3

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: November 05, 2014, 11:12:21 pm »

The Armu are perfect vessels for weapons, yet I have neglected to give them any means of creation of my sphere far above that of their peers. Even with their affinity to Cosmic magic, they can only do so much better than the other races. Weapons must be created, and it takes a master weapon maker to make master weapons.

As such, I will make the Seppo. A race that lives alongside the Armu, in their towns and cities as brothers under me, their father. Each will have incredible skill at the creation of arms, unsurpassed by the mortal races. Not only that, but each will be able to enchant their creations with extra effects, with their affinity for enchanting magics. The Armu will sell these weapons to the other races, spreading my sphere far and wide, reserving the best for their own use.

But what will be the best form for them? They need not the masses of tentacles to wield multiple weapons-perhaps just two hands fit for their work? No-they should have an affinity for what they are working with. They shal be blobs of a special metal, no different than flesh. Simple round blobs capable of jutting out pseudopod to do the work other races use limbs for. The forms are not fit for combat, not even against the other mortal races. But they will be perfect for smithing, with their false limbs designed specifically for the weapon. They will not even need tools to work- their own body will be capable of becoming any tool they may need. The metal will be silvery in color, to better reflect the heat of the forge they build inside of themselves. Yes, I will make 3 million of these, the addition to the Fusil Family.

(I hope that doesn't cost extra, it is already leaving me at one point....)

(Wow, that was a huge boost this tick.)

"Now that I have the essance, I with go forth with the creation of the Seppo."

I bring forth a large smelter, where yellow hot liquid falls down into space. I shape this liquid like clay, whispering it the secrets of smithing and enchanting as I do so. Soon, after the metal begun drying, I separate the massive blobs into hundreds of thousands of Seppo, carefully forming each one with my own hand. Then I send them to the two worlds, into the cities the Armu have formed to act as their weapon makers and repeat the process until I have sent 3 million down, a million and a half to each world.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: November 06, 2014, 03:28:13 am »

Send an Inspheration to the Shrine on World A.

Appear to all of the worlds artists, and commision for myself a perfect work.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 06, 2014, 08:12:07 am »

Ask Rufus what is happening on his travels. Ask my Dream angel to inspire dreams of peace and of understanding the other races.

Create wandering fireflies of many different colours to fly over the planet in constant migration. Create humanoid cacti that live in the desert. Existing on a light and water diet. Give them genetical memory, and high intelligence, a low reproduction rate, but a high understanding of emotions. Their hands are thorny, yet very nimble.

They shall live in the Desert of Despairing Heats, with its prominent red sand.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 06, 2014, 12:22:48 pm »

"It is time for the world to know of my awakening."

Create 450 Rani, a race of bald flightless bird people that have small, weak bodies but are gifted in control over ice and snow. They shall inhabit the temple I have created and live to tell the world of my power.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 06, 2014, 07:36:23 pm »

Azem creates seven gems of power each with it's own random magic attunment, and gifts them to the underkings/queens of the dwarves.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 06, 2014, 07:52:26 pm »

Yaos checks on the Underqueen's twins. Which of them is more inclined to dig deeper or expand territory if it came to power?

Azem creates seven gems of power each with it's own random magic attunment, and gifts them to the underkings/queens of the dwarves.
(Oh so we're doing that? Ok then.)

Yaos creates 9 orbs of power and gives them to the emperors and kings of Slytha. They will augment their magic, charisma, their skill-at-arms, or whatever their primary attribute is, and compel them to commit acts of great Ambition. More (open) Yaos worship = MOAR POWAH

Edit: (If the kings attempt to increase their power by having people worship Yaos, it'll work.)

Edit2: (Yaos doesn't go down and actually give the orbs to them, they just 'find' them while on hunting trips or in their garden or something. They're the size of golf balls and only the kings will notice them and pick them up.)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:57:13 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 475