Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608514 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T30.5: Purchase!
« Reply #1815 on: November 11, 2014, 07:30:02 pm »

Is this the normal method of operation for the gods? I fear I will find little aid if such is the case.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: November 11, 2014, 07:34:25 pm »

"That is indeed the reason. I honestly expected you to care more Yaos."
"That he got mad at Fusil so he started a terrorist organisation that burned a hundred people to death? I did care; it took a lot of effort to shut them down. But every god makes mistakes - myself included - and Cim helped me to find the remaining Breaker Knights and put them down for good. My indifference was actually his joining the theoretical council of morality. I just don't care if he joins or not."

Is this the normal method of operation for the gods? I fear I will find little aid if such is the case.
"Yes, unfortunately. Most gods here (myself not included ;)) are really into the status quo. My suggestion is to just make people do as much good as possible rather than make a system to do it for you, no offence to you or your suggestion."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: November 11, 2014, 07:37:40 pm »

Despite our collective status as powerful primordials, we each are in a way bound to the ideals of our spheres. You and others have both tried to impose aspects of your sphere on all of us collectively. I don't particularly resent this but it's silly to assume we are all opposing purely out of power lust. If you want to create such a system, then do so with your own followers and others may do so as well should they see results they like. However, why should the entire council be restricted to the ideals of your sphere any more than they should be restricted by the ideals of mine? Your only real defense for such an action seems to be a sense of moral superiority but what you fail to see is that we are not all of spheres relating to concepts even closely connected to morality. I am from the sphere of Hunger and that is where my primary interest and focus lies. Please try to be respectively of that and realize I have very little reason to subject myself unnecessarily to your sphere which has nothing to do with my own.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: November 11, 2014, 07:42:52 pm »

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps I should take a more active hand in affairs, rather than relying on others...however, I did not intend to restrict the gods with such a system; nor indeed was it meant as a restriction at all. It was meant to encourage the mortals to act in certain ways, no more and no less. But I think both of you might be correct. Perhaps I must lead by example.

In such a case, I believe I have something I must do. Excuse me a moment.

Create race of beings, named Seraphim. Appearance is of awe-inspiring humanoids, intuitive understanding of magic, excellent reasoning capabilities, very gifted with magic, particularly ritual magic, have the ability to look into people's hearts and see their true nature, large wings allow them to fly, and are strong, tall, and have a powerful sense of morality and justice.

Also establish an afterlife, in rudimentary form for the moment. It shall be defined more at a later time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: November 11, 2014, 07:47:55 pm »

Create race of beings, named Seraphim. Appearance is of awe-inspiring humanoids, intuitive understanding of magic, excellent reasoning capabilities, very gifted with magic, particularly ritual magic, have the ability to look into people's hearts and see their true nature, large wings allow them to fly, and are strong, tall, and have a powerful sense of morality and justice.

Also establish an afterlife, in rudimentary form for the moment. It shall be defined more at a later time.

(You're making mortal angels? Cool. As for the afterlife, you can either make your own afterlife-capable dimension for 6E or you can take a share in the Spirit World for about 1-2E. Those are the prices if I remember correctly.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: November 11, 2014, 08:03:01 pm »

"I myself find it to be petty and unbecoming. I make it no secret that I don't trust Cim, and I never cared for his attempts to restrict this council.

I have a question for all the younger gods, so I may get to know you better. If you were there to vote on the matter of free will for mortals, what would you choose? I will simplify the debate as I remember it into three choices,

Option A, create mortals with total free will.
Option B, create a bunch of aligned mortals who love us, and never do anything we don't want them to.
Or Option C, the brainchild of Cim incidentally, gradual 'graded' free will."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: November 11, 2014, 08:08:42 pm »

"I'm quite a bit biased, but A. C is a very decent middle ground, though, and it's easy to see how it can be done well."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: November 11, 2014, 09:07:52 pm »

I find the question itself to be of questionable value. What is meant by total free will? Any biological needs or psychological tendencies created by the god which formed them would cause certain behaviours to be more or less common in a race. Unless by this it is meant a total blank slate, which would cause it's own tendencies for behaviour, mostly in terms of imprinted or imitated behaviour from others. But unless the last option means something very different from what I think it does, I would choose A, despite or perhaps because of sphere.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T32: Excitement and strife
« Reply #1823 on: November 11, 2014, 09:19:09 pm »

Tick 32: (Anath, Kli, and the Light have not submitted probably complete orders. T33 will be the cutoff for submitting an order, and a lack of orders at that point will be taken to mean NOOP)

The human scientists have created a new incendiary grenade (such as it is). While it is not quite up to the specifications requested, they are working on making it closer to the design intention. The alchemist has now blown up over a hundred Saeva while cackling madly during testing.

Yaos has declared war on the Gruen states. A majority of the Gruen react with disconcerting apathy, most of them continuing their daily activities.

A Festive Underqueen has announced a massive banquet of many exotic foods. Many guests from many races attend, filling her royal coffers. The festival has also increased the demand for exotic folk Dwarven cuisine, and the output of solid beer biscuits has more than tripled.

One of the ships of the Mountwyrms' treasure fleet has been granted sapience by Azem. The merchants decide to charge for access to the ship.

The Lords of Hunger express their concerns with the priest's wish for the Ultimate Hunger: "Is it not dangerous to give one so inexperienced such a high reward?"

Darruth, god of Goodness, has awakened! Darruth has created the Seraphim, a race of magically gifted winged humanoids with some natural telepathic ability and a sense for morality and justice. It has also created a plane to be described later.

The Death Battle Plane (/*Fighter Plane), in which combatants may fight, die, and revive where they came from, has been created in the grand incorporeal dimension.

This update's dominant constellations are the Crown and Lady. The Slythan ice ring is very prominent.

(Darruth: -6E, Yaos: -0E, Cim: -0E, Neron: -0E, Azem: -1E, Kujin: -0E, Grauel: -0E, Darruth: -0E)

Finally, it has now been 30 updates (about a month) since the first tick with content. Congratulations!

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)
The following player is in danger of being marked as inactive: Lidku/Kujin

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. The war turn is almost over.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: November 11, 2014, 09:28:08 pm »

"Cim would be the best one to explain what he meant. As for option A, I could have worded that better I suppose. Option A would be how it works currently."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: November 11, 2014, 09:54:04 pm »

Yaos asks Jeffrey for advice in dealing with Void cults.

"Woo hoo! Yeah! Now who wants to pit their angels against mine? Wanna finally settle our rivalry, Fusil? We can finally see whether the Angel-Emperor of Mankind can defeat Tykki, Angel of Arms! This is going to be so much FUN!"

I should've made myself clearer on Proposal 21.00.2. The other 15 means were supposed to have varying levels of hospitability between 'almost ideal' (like Keshan and Slytha) to 'Golems only'. Since it costs too much Essence to have it for 15 moons it should probably be only 5 moons that have these levels of hospitability.

Yaos creates the sword Zephemural and attunes it to Vaal so he can use its full potential immediately. She does all this while doing *smug face* at Fusil for creating more artifact weapons than him (the angels not-withstanding).
Spoiler: Zephemural (click to show/hide)

The three generic angels and Vaal are taken to the DEATH BATTLE Plane to fight. Its three angels vs one archangel with a sword.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:33:41 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: November 11, 2014, 09:59:51 pm »

Yaos creates the sword Zephemural and attunes it to Vaal so he can use its full potential immediately. She does all this while doing *smug face* at Fusil for creating more artifact weapons than him (the angels not-withstanding).

"Why do you look so smug? I have made multiple artifact weapons in secret. Strike Team Fusil in particular is equipped with multiple, I just don't publicly brag about the capabilities of my weapons, considering the fact secrecy makes them more powerful."

"Woo hoo! Yeah! Now who wants to pit their angels against mine? Wanna finally settle our rivalry, Fusil? We can finally see whether the Angel-Emperor of Mankind can defeat Tykki, Angel of Arms! This is going to be so much FUN!"

"What rivarly do you speak of? I thought I had made it clear that Tykki does not have to go fighting pointless fights in your false fight field. Tykki would easily win, but I am not about to push her towards any arena."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: November 11, 2014, 10:05:31 pm »

"Why do you look so smug? I have made multiple artifact weapons in secret. Strike Team Fusil in particular is equipped with multiple, I just don't publicly brag about the capabilities of my weapons, considering the fact secrecy makes them more powerful."
"Silly Fusil! Secrecy doesn't make weapons more powerful! Calling out your attacks does! Silly Fusil!"

"What rivarly do you speak of? I thought I had made it clear that Tykki does not have to go fighting pointless fights in your false fight field. Tykki would easily win, but I am not about to push her towards any arena."
"Sure, Fusil. Suuuuure."

I've seen Strike Team Fusil in action. Can I know what weapons they have?/What weapons have I seen them use?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:07:17 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: November 11, 2014, 10:14:05 pm »

"Sure, Fusil. Suuuuure."

"If you want Tykki to fight so much, why not just ask her? She has really wanted to kill something as of late."

"Silly Fusil! Secrecy doesn't make weapons more powerful! Calling out your attacks does! Silly Fusil!"

*Fusil hits Yaos in the back of the head with the SECRET VORPAL PILLOW OF GODSLAYING*

I've seen Strike Team Fusil in action. Can I know what weapons they have?/What weapons have I seen them use?

(You sent your angel to work for you, cheater!)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1829 on: November 11, 2014, 10:17:13 pm »

(Yaos: -3E)
Yaos: You create Zephemural and attune it to Vaal for immediate use and send him into battle with your three blank angels. The three blank angels are defeated after some time and return. They seem to be mildly annoyed.

You also do not recall any particularly interesting weapons in STF's possession, perhaps aside from the wicked blade Tykki used.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 475