Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617177 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T32: Excitement and strife
« Reply #1845 on: November 12, 2014, 12:00:37 am »

"Wait a minute, this isn't my fault! The Underqueen refused to dig deeper and instead chose to make mugs and food instead! I also tend to blame things I don't understand on the Void. It's kind of a bad habit."

UPDATED ORDER: Vaal does his thing but he goes with the VDD to check for Void influence.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1846 on: November 12, 2014, 12:12:04 am »

(Serac: -5E)
Serac: You have sealed the surface gates of the dwarven fortress from which the monsters erupted nad has created Angela, an angel with excellent musical magic ability and contact with Nuparhi. You assign her with leading imprisoned cultists back to the way of the gods.

Grauel: The Lords and angels of Hunger have been sent to defend Gruen and Mountwyrm towns.

Azem: Alprozem finally wakes and smiles at your presence. "I have found a mate, Lord. We have one hatchling, whom she is raising in a safer area."

Yaos: You send Vaal to the site of the dwarven gate, where he proceeds to slaughter hundreds of the monsters with much effort. He does not detect anomalous amounts of eldritch energy. Lette is sent along with the blank angels and a detachment of Humanos Controlados. Fire seems not to affect them at all.

(Although the armor is practically indestructible, only nothing is completely indestructible.)

Serac: Nuparhi investigates the ruins of the sealed city. It is difficult to see exactly what released these creatures, as so many of the tunnels have collapsed. Would you like to refine Nuparhi's orders?

(I'll be sure to make the map able to draw out the progress of these critters. If not tonight, it should be available tomorrow. I'm not sure how it fits with the war minigame given that you're sending in your angels without buy orders, but the maps may at least make it easier to track the swarm. Also, the swarms weren't my idea, but you didn't hear me say that last part.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 12, 2014, 12:20:33 am »

"Grauel! Truce until we deal with this?"

(Simple - we only have to use the buy orders and stuff for when we're warring against each other. Balance isn't needed for this kind of situation.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 12, 2014, 12:23:39 am »

(Although the armor is practically indestructible, only nothing is completely indestructible.)

(Hah! Shows you! One of my artifacts is a pillow that can destroy nothing! Blow nothing into a billion pieces! That will show the lower case v void. That is what it gets for sounding so much like the Void.)

"Again, does anyone have numbers on these things? We seem to be able to slaughter hundreds without issue, though if there are billions we may see problems."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1849 on: November 12, 2014, 12:24:03 am »

(OK, then. I'll just use the map for clarity in that case. Of course, that means I'll probably have to make sprites for a bunch of special stuff, but ah well.)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1850 on: November 12, 2014, 12:25:14 am »

Nuparhi should go hunting then.Keep the monsters from spreading as much as you can, and more importantly save as many lives as possible. If you use your energy drain bubbles, you can keep fighting for far longer then anyone else. Good luck.

And I will look at the ones I have trapped to try and see what they are doing here. Are they intelligent at all?

Yaos, if it isn't you... Varee. This sounds like something he might do.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 12, 2014, 12:27:47 am »

Nuparhi should go hunting then.Keep the monsters from spreading as much as you can, and more importantly save as many lives as possible. If you use your energy drain bubbles, you can keep fighting for far longer then anyone else. Good luck.

And I will look at the ones I have trapped to try and see what they are doing here. Are they intelligent at all?

"Varee has been AWOL for a while...But you just got back. Did your Void friends order you to build all this? They came at the exact same time you did. The same time as the God of Goodness as well, though I suppose he has less a reason to summon a horde of monsters."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1852 on: November 12, 2014, 12:30:34 am »

Serac: Nuparhi continues to drain monsters and protect civilians, but there isn't much to drain from them.

The things trapped so far seem to be mindless.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 12, 2014, 12:32:47 am »

(Oh, interesting. I had the misunderstanding that we wouldn't actually have to pay for our angels in the war game since unlike individual units of mortal species, angels and other similar units are a large essence investment and few in number. Kind of thought the "buy orders" were essentially just like us giving orders to train and equip various mortals rather than the already essence paid and prepared angels/divine beings. Also, sprites? Save yourself the effort if you want, we're used to DF graphics; just use various keyboard characters or something equally simple :P. Unless others seriously disagree?)

Didn't you already call for temporary truce because of something else or am I misremembering? But yeah, sure.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1854 on: November 12, 2014, 12:34:52 am »

(I actually hadn't thought of keyboard characters. This should take much less time, then.)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1855 on: November 12, 2014, 12:45:29 am »

"Varee has been AWOL for a while...But you just got back. Did your Void friends order you to build all this? They came at the exact same time you did. The same time as the God of Goodness as well, though I suppose he has less a reason to summon a horde of monsters."
What void friends? I have no void friends.
Are you saying I would have a reason to summon a horde of monsters?

Also, I came back a while ago.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 12, 2014, 12:50:21 am »

What void friends? I have no void friends.
Are you saying I would have a reason to summon a horde of monsters?

Also, I came back a while ago.

"Are you still telling that 'messenger' lie? I know you consorted with Void Things, building a temple at the bottom of the ocean in return for some essence. It has been hinted that they stick around after making a deal, meaning that you are still buddy buddy with them!"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: November 12, 2014, 12:57:56 am »

Cim awakens from its meditation.

"You have mentioned my name quite a many times, and I have plenty to say to those, but there seems to be a more pressing matter at hand."

Cim sets some of the monsters into stasis and probes their mind-analogues for their master's identity and their reason to be here.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1858 on: November 12, 2014, 12:59:32 am »

"Are you still telling that 'messenger' lie? I know you consorted with Void Things, building a temple at the bottom of the ocean in return for some essence. It has been hinted that they stick around after making a deal, meaning that you are still buddy buddy with them!"
I haven't had contact with them since two ticks after I made the temple. The only one I talked with was Talls, and you guys scared him off.
Spoiler: Tallsgnuithaathry (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: November 12, 2014, 01:04:27 am »

"How do you people even get this info? First Artisanii and now Serac?"
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 475