Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607522 times)

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T36: Verdict
« Reply #2370 on: November 16, 2014, 03:22:21 am »

The Philosopher sees an a scroll of parchment, with a pen and a bottle of ink. If he tries to write on the paper using it, the parchment will absorb the ink, leaving it as empty as before.
Several vines grow over the Elf while s(he) sleeps. When s(he) awakes, it'll take him/her some effort to break free.
The Pilgrim sees an altar to whichever god s(he) believes in, as well as a small, crumbling hole with a glowing pick laying nearby.
The Monk comes to a part of the cavern filled with darkness. Ominous whispering voices surround him/her.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: November 16, 2014, 03:23:12 am »

Cim, there was nothing there... Are you cursed or something?
"Not that I know of. Distressing."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: November 16, 2014, 03:38:16 am »

Jeffrey appears. "Hiding, Yaos. I'm not as strong as even your weakest angels." He looks around for a second at what he imagines are frowning angels.

"Not that there are any of those here."
"Well next time give me a heads up whenever you see a god-injuring archangel show up in the Human Plane."

Yaos reverts to his female self.

Most of the Ikakus' energy blasts are reflected or transmit through the quartz dragon, forcing both to fight claw-to-claw. Both of them withdraw out of exhaustion.
"Dang Azem! How strong did you make those scales? I bet you could qualify as a god of armour if you put your mind to it! At least I don't have to pay that Gem Dragon anything, now."
(Uh, KJP, what's your interpretation of 'energy'? Cuz it's not lasers and it's not light.)

The riots on Keshan seem to be about bored adolescents wanting something to do, outrage over random murders, the poor wanting food, scandals involving the local governors, and more contrived things.
I guess I'll send the Emperor back to govern the Empire. He's done his job long enough, he'd know how to handle the problems.

The Psymental Angel is sent to every Inquisition building with the VDD to check for Void influence. The Inquisition must remain pure!

Send Ignatius (the Duondio) to the best Elemental trainers so he can properly hone his talents.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: November 16, 2014, 03:41:55 am »

"God of lizards maybe. You try Mountwyrms next."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: November 16, 2014, 03:46:55 am »

"They're just humanoids with wings. I strongly doubt they can beat an Ikaku."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2375 on: November 16, 2014, 03:58:04 am »

Varee and Azem:
The Mountwyrms are mostly looting the merchants and toppling anything not nailed down. Azem produces many shinies, which distracts the crowd. The riot is starting to die down mostly from lack of interest.

Azem:
The Shiny Ones decide to practice dance-based combat on a bet from a random mage in a thick cloak visiting for a day.

Serac: There seem to be no significant riots on the islands.

Kli:
The philosopher begins attempting to write a report only to find the words disappearing. He continues deeper into the labyrinth, unamused but unafraid.
The Elf wakes up and struggles to get the specially grown bedroll out before getting out. The Elf finds a Hummingbird, asks for directions to the nearest Wood Elf settlement, and leaves.
The Pilgrim picks up the pick and turns it around several times before placing it back. The Pilgrim kneels at the altar and asks that you show the way.
THe Monk puts on her blindfold and continues. While the voices unsettle her, she trusts that the danger is not real.

Yaos:
Jeffrey: "I'll try, but I can't guarantee it."

(Hmm. I'll have to remember about the energy not being just light energy for next time.)

You send the Emperor back to manage the Empire. He is absolutely furious at the incompetence of his temporary replacement and exiles him. He sends Inquisitors and town guards and some of the army to stop the rioting immediately.

The psymental angel has detected five Void-related Inquisitors so far.

Ignatius has been sent to a great elementalist for training. Ignatius seems to tend toward wanting to live a peaceful life in the countryside again but trains mostly out of obedience.

Spoiler: Lawvotes counted (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: November 16, 2014, 04:05:23 am »

"It would probably be interesting to watch though."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: November 16, 2014, 04:09:34 am »

The psymental angel has detected five Void-related Inquisitors so far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ignatius has been sent to a great elementalist for training. Ignatius seems to tend toward wanting to live a peaceful life in the countryside again but trains mostly out of obedience.
*Ahem*
When the Duondio reincarnates next time, a replacement soul will be made that'll be roughly the same, but it'll also have an instinctual desire to help people with its powers. And by 'help people with its powers' I mean the whole fighting off monsters and saving villages and stuff - NOT just warming up fires for other people.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: November 16, 2014, 04:34:21 am »

The Philosopher comes across a giant coin of gold, and a giant coin of silver. The pen glows and writes on the parchment: "Write down why these two coins, while still very shiny, may be of different worth to many mortals."
The Pilgrim sees Kli's symbol appear above the altar, and hears a gentle voice: "The smallest gifts can sometimes hide the greatest worth. Your pick aches to complete the task it had been given before..."
The Monk finds many obstacles blocking her path through the darkness. As she continues onwards, the voices grow loud enough for her to hear distinct words. "What....is....fear?"

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T36.5: Spooky Happenings
« Reply #2379 on: November 16, 2014, 06:17:48 am »

Tick 36.5: Spooky Happenings

Much rioting has occurred and faded.

Cim has reported a very nearly successful assassination attempt by what appears to be a jelly roll, and the Void Things have apparently claimed no responsibility. Serac has investigated the site of the attempt with protection and guards and seems not to have found anyone or anything.

The monsters appear only rarely now.

A Luminee kingdom on Slytha has been conquered by a human empire. The victorious young emperor has taken the Luminee princess to be his queen despite her protests. He notices a drastic increase in assassination attempts.

Darruth has propagated the Seraphim for the purpose of increasing genetic diversity manually. A proposal to propagate races to 2 500 population has passed.

Kli has created a labyrinthine complex beneath the Trees designed to challenge visitors and train them in the ways of Balance. A Hummingbird philosopher, a lost Wood Elf, a Luminee pilgrim, and a Hummingbird monk have entered, probably separated by a week or two between exits and next-entrances.
  • The philosopher writes that they exemplify certain virtues that differ between races, and that a greater emphasis on one will most likely result in greater value for it.
  • The pilgrim takes the pick and swings at the hole a few times.
  • The monk asks "What is fear?"

This update's constellations are the Lance and Ship.

(Yaos: You have received 2E back after a cursory initial investigation)

(Yaos: -1E, Joha: -2E, Kli: -2E, Khaziraad: -2E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (-1*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (5) (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Fire, Wind, Trickery, and Luck

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: November 16, 2014, 06:34:27 am »

The pen replies to the Philosopher, "Why are these coins of different value to you?"
The wall collapses, showing a room with a mural of a Hummingbird in flight next to another passageway. Written on a plague below: "Dedication is the seed, but actions bear fruit."
The voices do not reply, as visions of whatever the Monk's greatest fears are magically strike terror into her heart.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: November 16, 2014, 06:49:21 am »

Create 2000 of Rakshas on both worlds each.
Spoiler: Rakshas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: November 16, 2014, 06:53:00 am »

Azem turns to Grauel and Yaos.

"Before your little war starts, I want to make a few things thing clear. Greed does not truly take sides, and I am unlikely to get directly involved. Whatever happens, I would like to think our goals align and we can all get along."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: November 16, 2014, 06:58:00 am »

"I'll actually be a bit busy for a Tick or two. Can we postpone it a bit longer?"

What's the Human-Gruen situation in Keshan like? (Ugh, Keshan. The only regret I have for not playing sooner is that it was named that. Sounds too much like Kesha to me.)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: November 16, 2014, 11:23:24 am »

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 475