Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608364 times)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T33.5: Teamwork saves lives
« Reply #2385 on: November 16, 2014, 02:02:09 pm »

"I shall make a race to live alongside my Rani in peace."

Create 450 sapient ravens. They shall inhabit the forests of the north. They will be gifted in hiding and spying.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T36.5: Spooky Happenings
« Reply #2386 on: November 16, 2014, 03:28:12 pm »

On Keshan, neither the humans nor the Gruen are looking forward to more conflict. The horrors of the monster invasion are still fresh in their minds, and many call for peace on both sides.

Kli:
The Philosopher writes "One is of a color resembling the feathers of the legendary Stormwing. We doubt it actually existed, but we rationalize our desire for gold this way."
The Pilgrim continues along the passage.
The Monk stops after seeing a vision of her dead parents. She rushes through the passage.

(Taol: -3E)
Taol: You create 2000 Rakshas, a race of agile, thoughtful, and anarchic humanoids.

(Neron: -2E)
Neron: You create 450 sapient ravens of great stealth.

Spoiler: Votes counted, recheck (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: November 16, 2014, 06:35:04 pm »

Oppose 34.00
Support 35.00
Support 35.01

Might I ask the person who opposed my constellations to do so out in the open, and explain their reasons for doing so? I might find your reasons just, but as it is now, it seems like opposition for the sake of being frustrating, rather than an honest disagreement as for their being added.

Begin to sort through worshipers in the hopes of developing a stable clergy base that can help lead the flock of others.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: November 16, 2014, 07:04:41 pm »

Azem visits a Gruen capital and samples Gruen cuisine.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: November 16, 2014, 07:12:20 pm »

Might I ask the person who opposed my constellations to do so out in the open, and explain their reasons for doing so? I might find your reasons just, but as it is now, it seems like opposition for the sake of being frustrating, rather than an honest disagreement as for their being added.
"Oh. Damn. Sorry. I thought I'd already mentioned why. I'm opposing the Seraph constellation because 'Heavens' is way too loosely defined. Does it refer to the sky? Space? One of the incorporeal planes? All of them? It's too broad. I'm also opposing the Keshan meteor shower because it may hurt people, or a god could hijack it and use it to hurt people. I don't know anything about who or why people are opposing your other two skyfeatures. I'll be willing to support those two if you support my constellations. Deal?
If whoever is blocking my constellation proposals can come forward to declare why they did, that would be appreciated. Maybe we can work something out?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: November 16, 2014, 07:20:13 pm »

Ah. I could, perhaps, change the Meteor Showers to ensure they all burn up in orbit? I had thought to make them predictable, so that people could stay out of the way of where they fall, and by the time they reached the ground, the fragments left would be small enough as to pose no significant danger to anyone, as well as possibly containing unique metals or magical materials that we might guide to our followers without being...oblique about it.

When I say Heavens, I primarily meant the sky, especially the higher areas that serve more as concept than anything else, and our planes, particularly communication with or requests thereof. Heavens in the sense of augury and of navigation, as well as divine intervention.

But yes, I can support your constellations, I believe, though I thought they'd already passed.

Support Yaos' constellations? if I can?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: November 16, 2014, 07:46:44 pm »

Ah. I could, perhaps, change the Meteor Showers to ensure they all burn up in orbit? I had thought to make them predictable, so that people could stay out of the way of where they fall, and by the time they reached the ground, the fragments left would be small enough as to pose no significant danger to anyone, as well as possibly containing unique metals or magical materials that we might guide to our followers without being...oblique about it.
"You mean they WEREN'T going to burn up in orbit originally!? I am very glad I opposed that one! All a god would have to do to abuse the system is spend a bit of Essence to increase the size of a small meteor and it would crash down and hurt someone. I oppose all meteor-related activities."

When I say Heavens, I primarily meant the sky, especially the higher areas that serve more as concept than anything else, and our planes, particularly communication with or requests thereof. Heavens in the sense of augury and of navigation, as well as divine intervention.
"It's still rather vague, and if it has to do with a conceptual version of 'Heavens' then it could potentially power itself to an infinite degree, which could end up being worse than the meteors! I'll still have to oppose this one."

But yes, I can support your constellations, I believe, though I thought they'd already passed.
"They did, but then someone started opposing them and now they're blurry."

Support Yaos' constellations? if I can?
Quote from: Kilojoule Proton
Unfortunately, at the moment, your constellations have been challenged. You can try getting support from three others or spending 2E to force it.

I support the Slythan Eclipse and the Candle, though it should be a different shape, IMO. Maybe a torch?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:51:45 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: November 16, 2014, 07:48:47 pm »

"The very words we speak, and the sentiments behind them, have power young ones, remember that. Even if, perhaps, we don't always consciously mean them to."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: November 16, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »

"You mean they WEREN'T going to burn up in orbit originally!? I am very glad I opposed that one! All a god would have to do to abuse the system is spend a bit of Essence to increase the size of a small meteor and it would crash down and hurt someone. I oppose all meteor-related activities."
They were going to burn up originally, it's just that not all of them would burn up entirely; small pieces might reach the ground. Or I could set it so they slowed to a speed near the ground that they would not hurt anyone. A god could do the exact same thing by spending essence in any case; it's simply a matter of how the individual is hurt.

"It's still rather vague, and if it has to do with a conceptual version of 'Heavens' then it could potentially power itself to an infinite degree, which could end up being worse than the meteors! I'll still have to oppose this one."
I don't think it could actually do so, and I could set that as a limit in any case to prevent such a scenario.

It is a candle, because a candle is more peaceful than a torch, and has more to do with the quiet night, rather than the exploration a torch represents.

Besides which, it's more easily recognizable, upon it's holder.

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2394 on: November 16, 2014, 08:28:58 pm »

Tick 37: Plants within plants within plants

Fusil's sentence has been extended by 3 ticks and will end at the start of T42.

Taol has created 2 000 Rakshas.

Neron has created 450 sapient stealthy ravens. An avian alliance may be forthcoming.

Darruth has directed the beginnings of a stable clergy base after sifting through many worshippers. This seems to be moderately successful.

Azem has visited the Gruen capital to sample Gruen cuisine. Among the dishes sampled were pies sprinkled with gold dust, special moss salads, extruded starchy paste with milk derivatives, and seasoned and roasted unidentified meat. It seems that some Gruen deliberately growing superfluous muscle tissue stand around many kitchens.

(Constellations: 1/3 for Yaos, 0/3 for Darruth)

This update's constellations are the Dragon and Phoenix.

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (-1*) (click to show/hide)

The following player is in danger of being marked inactive: Detoxicated/The Light

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (5) (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Fire, Wind, Trickery, and Luck

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: November 16, 2014, 08:35:17 pm »

I Support all of the constellation proposals.

Listen to any prayers.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T37: Plants within plants within plants
« Reply #2396 on: November 16, 2014, 08:45:31 pm »

35.00: Abstain.
35.01: Support.
36.00: Abstain.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: November 16, 2014, 08:51:24 pm »

A narrowing of divine eyes, and a deific hand resting upon a deific blade's pommel.

I do not appreciate subterfuge of this nature. Whomsoever wishes to oppose me can make themselves known and treated with dignity, courtesy, and respect, or they can continue to rouse my ire over a trivial matter by interfering anonymously."

Prototype the Guardian Angels. Spend at most 5E, in whatever is the most cost-efficient way to build them right now, as compared to doing so after they've been Prototyped.
Consider the costs of creating Paladins to defend the people and spread Goodness.
Consider the costs of empowering my clergy to help those in need, and to assist in the spreading of Goodness.
Consider both the moral ramifications of and the potential effectiveness of spread Good through the use of fire-and-brimstone-esque preachers to show people their inner Evil, and allow them to recognize their folly and habits, so that they might be put on the path to recovering from them. Consult Palatino and check on/with the Seraphs about this, ask them what they think.
Consider the costs of creating a Prophet. Consider what a Prophet even is/does.
Consider if there are any species beyond those listed in the Bestiary, barring those created since it was last updated.

There should be at least one follower of Good who's lived a suitable life by now to serve as the first.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2398 on: November 16, 2014, 09:33:57 pm »

(Votes/Support counted)

Neron: You hear the following prayers:
"We are planning to construct a n ice temple to you. What sort of structure would you prefer?"
"My child has a fever. Can you do something?"

(Darruth: -4E)
Darruth: You prototype and create 12 Guardian Angels.
(Price checks go in OOC)

Yaos: The Emperor requests Essence empowerment to help deal with a rash of cultists personally.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: November 16, 2014, 09:35:11 pm »

Send the Guardian angels out to try and find their first Charges.

Listen and see if I ever receive any prayers.

Work on the Book of Divine Truth, containing the history of the divine world and the gods as it is currently known and established. Have it enchanted to write itself automatically as time passes.

((No I'm not asking you to write it; this is for me to give to me followers, basically a 'mortals guide to the gods', more or less.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:44:03 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 475