Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608606 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T49: Encore
« Reply #3480 on: November 29, 2014, 11:57:27 pm »

How many of us here find the God of Weapons behavior either distasteful, worrying, or insulting?

I do. Well, more tiring and annoying, but yes.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: November 30, 2014, 12:05:35 am »

I was referring to the Angels of Yaos, who I asked not to answer, as I figured they would try to do so on behalf of their late lord.

You may answer or not as you please. But it pertains to you, and perceptions of you, so it's rather pointless to do so.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: November 30, 2014, 12:23:04 am »

"Not all weapon users worship me, they would not have likely attempted to murder me if that was so. The Ikaku might very well be the same that attacked me. So why should I not, at the very least, destroy the Paladin? As immortals, the surviving ones likely had a hand in my death."
"Well I don't know about all weapon users, but all Paladins certainly do. The entire point of the mission wasn't to kill you - it was to kill or disable your angels in order to prevent you from killing gods when you got out. We tried to ensure your safety by moving you to the Death Battle Plane but that plan fell through when Tory was imprisoned by the Council."
Tory: "It's all true. I was there."
"I, representing the Yaosian forces in the assault, would like to extend a formal apology for being unable to protect your life."
"The mercenaries we are hiring right now are absolutely not the same ones that attacked you. If they were, we'd fire them and hire ones that weren't part of the attack. But they're not, so we won't."

Battle Plan of the Yaosian Forces during the Assault
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:33:50 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: November 30, 2014, 01:15:47 am »

How many of us here find the God of Weapons behavior either distasteful, worrying, or insulting?
"I dare say I do. He is hypocritical, patronizing and arrogant. Let me argue these points, as in a proper debate: he is hypocritical, because he doesn't want any rules or laws, wanting to do as he will; however, if someone else tries to do as they will, even if it's something Fusil would do, he tries to bring up the rules and complain to the Council."

"He is patronizing, insulting those who disagree with him and dismissing them instead of forming proper arguments. "I am an elder god who can totally destroy you in a fight, so you should do as I say without question" isn't very logical, considering a God's age has no causation with their ability to fight nor to be correct. "

"This also strikes as arrogant. A God of Weapons can certainly be usually correct about weaponry, but not necessarily about other subjects. Nodding slightly to the hypocrisy argument, he seems to believe a lawless system to be the best, and refuses to budge even though its flaws have been pointed out multiple times. Sometimes, one needs to compromise or even completely turn around in one's opinion."

"Clearly, Fusil should learn more about and practice debating and even basic logic."

"One could argue these points would also apply to me, and perhaps to some extent they do, but at least I say every equal being should follow the same rules, and I deem myself equal with any other God, and I either argue or ignore insults instead of overreacting and threatening to destroy whoever crossed me (at least not right away)."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T50: Cycles
« Reply #3484 on: November 30, 2014, 06:58:44 am »

Tick 50: Cycles

Famous Hummingbird: "The point of this little contest is that you decide who is best too."

(The ten megabeasts have eluded description for the few years they have existed. Most of the stories passed around are mutually contradictory but definitely focus on their danger.)

(Proposals extended)

Fusil has attempted and failed to steal the Strange Knife.

The Keshan Human Empire has formed a council to help Vaal and the other angels run the empire. The Inquisition has been replaced with the Empire Void Annihilation Corps, which the gods suspect is simply a renamed inquisition.

The Shiny Ones have made jewelry and new clothes for Lette and Vaal.

Grauel has placed Lette and Vaal under protection for two ticks (until T51 or T52?) while they work to cover their end of the deal provided that neither of them aggress. They have almost completed their end of the deal.

The Mumans have begun attempting to access metals on their own. Many die from the deathly dangerous conditions of their first mines, and little metal can be found in the very low-density upper layers. Some concerned Armu issue a warning that conditions within are very dangerous without adequate protection.

The Imperial Cavalry has slaughtered many bandits. Roadside lawmancer activity increases sharply. The Imperial Army and Humanos destroy the remnants of the stoNe waRRioRs. The Council of Humans proposes splitting the Empire or delegating control downward to maximize efficiency. ISAY continues work as instructed. The Paladins train in the corporeal dimension. Temples to Yaos and Azem have been refurbished. Temples within the Empire seem not to contain Void worshippers on first inspection. Vaal has adopted a random Human orphan born under the Crown who seems to be good and sports an above-average number of face tentacles. Ikaku mercenaries attempt to train the Paladins and Human army in chi techniques. The Imperial palace has been warded by an angel of Yaos.

This update's constellations are the Human and Pentagram.

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

`
New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Happiness, Moon, Magic, and Travel.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: November 30, 2014, 07:21:51 am »

Face tentacles? Is that how you call hair or will I be unmaking a city?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: November 30, 2014, 07:33:19 am »

Lette and Vaal really like their new clothes. They're just flamboyant enough to accentuate their badassery more than draw away from it.

I scan the boy with the VDD. Maybe he's simply of Armu descent? Harmu? Humu? Arman? Arman. How old's the boy?

Healing agents and magic are sent to the Mumans, as well as the technologies to create protective wear. All Mumans currently sick or injured are healed. The Armu are thanked for their concern and are hired to help provide technological solutions to the problems facing the project. Until proper technological and logistical problems are pre-resolved, the project will remain closed.

The Imperial Army will secure trade routes outside of the Empire, but not inside of anyone else's territory without permission.

Dwarven-quality armour is bought for both the Order of Yaosian Paladins and EVAC.

The Human Council members are permitted to *shiver* expand the bureaucracy. A day of mourning is held.

Face tentacles? Is that how you call hair or will I be unmaking a city?
"Isn't there a rule against megadeaths? Also, are you really gonna pick on a kid just because he has a few face tentacles? It's not his fault, and it doesn't make him any less of a person. I mean really."

As the Human constellation is active, a festival is held in honour of Yaos, the various peoples of the Empire, the late Angel-Emperor of Mankind, and to the continual advancement of Humanity.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 07:55:42 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: November 30, 2014, 07:55:21 am »

Tentacles are one of sidefects of excecive void influence. Last time void gave us stone men whom destroyed several cities. Just some preventive measures here.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 07:57:04 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: November 30, 2014, 08:01:44 am »

"May I remind you that Fusil is also heavily associated with tentacles? There are literally millions of tentacle creatures that he himself created and that's not even mentioning that pony, tentacle-mouth....thing he created so long ago. Maybe he's simply descended from the Armu?"
"Even if it was the Void, I highly doubt that his tentacles are the result of him worshipping the Void. More likely he simply had less than ideal parents or was kidnapped by cultists to be experimented on or something. If so, then killing him won't solve anything or even prevent anything."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:09:43 am by Andres »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: November 30, 2014, 10:46:06 am »

The diference between Humans and Armu is that Humans are not suposed to have tentacles. And if the kid has nothing to do with this, and the tentacles are there becouse of void cult experiements, or his parents were void mutants, then the city has some serious cult related problems. Either way, it is a situation that deserves investigation and resolving. I don't exactly do "subtle", so if you don't feel like this is at all alarming then I will have the area purged.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: November 30, 2014, 11:48:40 am »

"And this is why I'm glad the Mountwyrm cults self-regulate."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: November 30, 2014, 02:37:42 pm »

Grauel laughs at the hummingbird
There is a time and a place for flaunting power and trying to prove oneself to be superior. I don't particularly view this as such a situation. Perhaps you should just pick someone to follow or not follow any one at all. I don't see many of us exhibiting any serious desire to try and prove superiority in this case.

Besides superiority is relative and in many cases susceptible to personal views.

(They have until T52)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: November 30, 2014, 04:18:45 pm »

"I honestly don't get you people. First I disband an organisation that did extremely well in putting down Void cults, but you made me shut it down because a few innocent people were hurt along the way. Now you want to glass an entire city full of innocent people just because of one child. That's plain hypocrisy."
"Now, I can either reinstitute the Inquisition in full to have them deal with the possibly large amount of Void cults - and that's assuming the boy's not merely an isolated incident, OR I can leave it as it is now and have EVAC continue working on eliminating Void cults in a more selective fashion than the Inquisition."

if you don't feel like this is at all alarming then I will have the area purged.
"I find this alarming."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: November 30, 2014, 04:28:28 pm »

Make the merfolk with the people who agreed to, since we all did. Sea-people, able to go onto land for short periods of time without suffocating, webbed hands, tails for swimming instead of legs, beautiful scales, aligned towards Good, Wealth(if Azem gets around to getting his sphere changed), Water(duh), Ice, and Life. Yeah.

Check out the Good cities, see how my people are getting along, check on my prophet, check on my Book of Divine Truth, check out the church structure, get to making stuff a bit more organized, maybe with Cim's help if he agrees.

Khaziraad, I have a request. As my spheres now include protection, I would be willing to help make your archangel even more durable, if you were to help me in constructing cathedrals and other grand pieces of architecture within my cities, and for my followers. As well, I would ask for your help and Azem's, with a different race project of mine. However, I ask this as a favor, and would owe you both a favor, if you were to assist; this is not the altruistic co-operation of race creation I asked of for the merfolk. You do not even have to donate more than a single Essence(as I doubt the desire I ask of you would be possible were you to donate less than that), but I would ask for your expertise in your given fields. You see, I wish to make a race of engineers, artisans, and craftspeople, as well as armorsmiths. I feel that your expertise with construction, Khaziraad, and your expertise with trade, quality manufacture, and merchanting, Azem, would aid me greatly in this endeavor. Would you be so kind?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: November 30, 2014, 04:42:43 pm »

"I believe I've made a decision, I will change my primary sphere. I believe you wanted my sphere of Greed Grauel, interpreted as Desire?"
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 475