Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 607491 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T54: Amateur Campanology
« Reply #3630 on: December 04, 2014, 05:29:52 am »

The angel will have to practice an equal amount to get the muscle memory. Yes all the moves are being done correctly but that's balanced by the fact that it's not the person themselves doing it. The real strength is in showing the possessed that they are able to do something with their own body and how to actually do it. The possessed will then practice the move by themselves, knowing how to move their body to get the results but still requiring practice to get it as muscle memory.
I only thought of this while I was writing. Originally it was going to be just as OP as you thought it was - though its OPness didn't come to mind at the time - so I changed it a fair bit.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 05:52:53 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T54.5: Dusk of Peace
« Reply #3631 on: December 04, 2014, 06:53:26 am »

Tick 54.5: Dusk of Peace

Work has begun on a Grand Cathedral in the largest of the Good cities. Smaller cathedrals have begun to be constructed in the other Good cities.

Darruth: It seems like even 2E is too low for a significant amount of toughening.

The Templars have begun an attempt to investigate the abandoned cities. Quite a few disappear silently, and they turn back quickly to cut losses.

The gods have been afflicted with annoying noises. There is now a sound of loud crying in the Council.

Construction of factories for the production of EC-1 bolts has begun. ISAY has removed Void-related reseearchers and attempted a purge of Void-related things. This backfires spectacularly.

(I've found that writing things out is a good way to improve things in general even if it's just a paraphrase. The new idea sounds better, but possession is a non-trivial action for non-gods.)

Active player policy has been updated on the local copy.

This update's constellations are the Lance and Lady.

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

`
New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Jelly Rolls, Plants, Magic. and Trickery
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:13:03 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: December 04, 2014, 07:10:52 am »

Construction of factories for the production of explosive-class bolts jelly rolls has begun.
Jelly rolls? What? How does that work? Explosive-class bolts jelly rolls doesn't even make grammatical sense. Are you having late-night sleepy-time adventures again?

Active player policy has been updated on the local copy.
What's the difference? I may have forgotten what the old policy was.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3633 on: December 04, 2014, 07:12:42 am »

Oops. Fixed.

3 days instead of 2.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: December 04, 2014, 07:23:37 am »

But seriously, what's changed? I still don't see anything different. That may or may not be because it's 11:23PM where I am but still.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3635 on: December 04, 2014, 07:26:02 am »

I inserted this rule here:
Active players are those who have posted in the last three (3) UTC days.

Actually, I will also strike  out the old one.

ADDIT:
Maybe later. I cannot seem to be able to find it, and the lengths of my sentences are probably increasing drastically thanks to drowsiness.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:28:07 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: December 04, 2014, 07:41:11 am »

I, Quéßäre, hereby pass my first action as a God. I create a new species, the High Elves. They are taller and wiser than their Wood-Elf counterparts and don't mind chopping down a few trees. They place more value on technology and military. They are eternally young, immune to disease, but may still be struck down as other mortals.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: December 04, 2014, 07:53:13 am »

Lette: "Sup, new god."
Vaal: "Welcome to our Bubble. Please don't make Void deals or even communicate with them."

(You may want to specify how many High Elves you create and on what planet you create them on. The usual thing to do is to make 300 of a new race and propagate them (propagating is cheaper than creating). The usual thing is to also put members of a new race on both planets but you don't have to if you don't want to.)

Some High Elves, being so interested in technology and being utterly free of Void influence, are invited to join ISAY - the absolute best place of science and learning in the entire universe. Literally!
The rest of the High Elves are given offers to become official citizens of the Empire. We sure love our technology and military, after all!

"Open question to the gods: do I have permission to reinstate the Inquisition? Keep in mind that all your misgivings about it were from their actions and methods - things that have long since not been the norm even before the Inquisition was disbanded. They were certainly excellent in their job as anti-Void operatives."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:55:52 am by Andres »

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: December 04, 2014, 08:01:21 am »

My 300 High Elves accept your invitation to join ISAY, though they are still debating wether or not to join the Empire. They shall study before going off to colonize and find homes in both worlds, half in each.

Quéßäre: Hello, fellow Gods. I have not spoke with these "Void" that you speak, but if what they stand for is unjust, I shall avoid them, until I wage war, that is.

And yes, I do create them immediately, not propagate.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:04:18 am by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: December 04, 2014, 08:12:18 am »

Cactusman: "Can you make me have spines like the other cacti?"
Boost rhe cactus' toughness and lessen his fear of things. A rainbow coloured light ray will bring these changes
Luminee: "I want to learn how to make the Light of Feeding!"
Teach the light of Feeding
"Crurcul the Destroying Light: "One of my daughters wants to marry a ceremonial dagger, but I disapprove. What should I do?"
Light followers may enter a polygamic relationship, so if her love for the dagger is great, tell her the Light has said that you may present her some (preferrably weaponloving) courtiers for her to consider beside her dagger.
[/quote]
Begin constructing a box big enough to hold a god, made of pure essence

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: December 04, 2014, 08:26:13 am »

My 300 High Elves accept your invitation to join ISAY, though they are still debating whether or not to join the Empire. They shall study before going off to colonize and find homes in both worlds, half in each.
Appropriate housing for all the High Elves is built, as well as an increase in the size of the facilities. Everything will be built without Void influence by Void non-influenced workers, of course.

How well have the Yaosian missionaries been doing in spreading the word of Ambition?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: December 04, 2014, 09:01:02 am »

Quéßäre: Hello, fellow Gods. I have not spoke with these "Void" that you speak, but if what they stand for is unjust, I shall avoid them, until I wage war, that is.
"Welcome to the Council. The problem with the Null is that they are not all the same, and have conflicts with each other. I would advise against actively dealing with them, but complete avoidance is simply insane. And hopefully you won't have to wage war, but be sure to be ready to defend yourself. It should be simple enough with your spheres."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: December 04, 2014, 10:07:06 am »

"Hello young god. I am sorry that I was slow to say this, but as always I suggest you start by voting on the new proposals. We have not had many as of late, but it can't hurt to look them over."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: December 04, 2014, 12:20:39 pm »

Sappira stands in Azem's usual place in Council, looking nervous.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: December 04, 2014, 12:27:38 pm »

"Lets see, to list the things I am going to do when I take over the human Empire. First, get rid of the Inquisition want to be. They are using poor tactics to fight the void, making the world worse instead of better. Second, use the influence to lessen the worship of Yaos the Slain and increase my own output. Finally, abolishing the Empire and handing control to a variety of rules of my choice, to make their own decisions. Yaos has used his followers as tools for far to long, it is getting sickening to watch. I don't think I can abide by that any more."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 475