Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615195 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T58: Terminal
« Reply #3975 on: December 08, 2014, 05:24:23 pm »

"It will be civil right up to the point the god of Arms joins the conversation. Then all bets are off. Heh. Bets. Angel of...you get the idea."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: December 08, 2014, 05:33:02 pm »

"It will be civil right up to the point the god of Arms joins the conversation. Then all bets are off. Heh. Bets. Angel of...you get the idea."

"I can destroy you with just a word, little Angel. Remember that."

"My current research suggests that we did form from the uppercase V Void, but that hardly makes it a good thing. This bubble was born with us, we shouldn't let the Void back in it. No good will come of that."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3977 on: December 08, 2014, 05:42:53 pm »

Kli: You hear these prayers:
"The air is dangerous and our forests were burning! What can we do?"
"Is it balance that our world be struck once every eon?"
"Why has the trade stopped? Have all the caravans died from the dust?"

Serac:
The Sorae seek refuge on the undersides of their turtles where they make contact with the *Sorae Underdwellers, who they have managed not to realize existed.
"They are the Many-Faced Ones, with forms shifting as the waves and more arms than the Great Squid! Bow before your true masters! See their wrath and turn!"

Yaos: You claim all the souls that have yet to reincarnate for the Human Plane.

Cim: The explosion site radiates moderate mundane radiation. It is, surprisingly, still warm around the crater. Divine and Void energy levels are roughly normal.

Quéßäre: You send 150 High Elves. They proceed to attempt to "spread their genes" among the Humans. There does not actually seem to be any specific gene that controls immunity, and it seems that the dubious property of Human-ness is the target of the disease. It is expected that High Elf-Human hybrids will be more resistant because of their decreased Human-ness attribute.

(The Light: -3E)
The Light: Some Luminee mages set out to try helping out the ill.

You also train 10 000 crystal guardians and hide the box and its defenders.

(Neron: -2E)
Neron: You create ice pillars that grant psymental abilities to those near them.

(Khaziraad: -3E)
You move the dust away from the planet, clearing the skies.

(I'm starting to think declaring patents (which are, again, unbacked and unenforced by anyone but the one declaring them) adds little of value and much potential confusion for newer players as well as exerting a chilling effect on creations. Do not make me do something about it.)
Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: December 08, 2014, 05:46:21 pm »

Amathet chuckles nervously and produces a scroll.

"I have a list of things here that the Goldfather wanted to tell you all, in no particular order. Please be kind on the messenger."

Stop bickering.
Stop being arrogant.
Stop cheating death.
Stop angering the Void.
Stop being apathetic weaklings.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: December 08, 2014, 05:49:02 pm »

Stop cheating death.

That is an interesting one. I doubt many here would be willing to go quietly.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: December 08, 2014, 05:49:23 pm »

"They are the Many-Faced Ones, with forms shifting as the waves and more arms than the Great Squid! Bow before your true masters! See their wrath and turn!"

"Is that me? Because if that is me, then he is mine. Don't touch him."

"I have a list of things here that the Goldfather wanted to tell you all, in no particular order. Please be kind on the messenger."

"Why does he have that come from his Angel's mouth? Doesn't he know you are within my shooting distance?"

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: December 08, 2014, 05:49:45 pm »

Um, when I said I was considering "spreading their genes" I meant I thought I'd take a look to see if I could give the humans that trait, not...breed them.

Also, you cannot use my "7E drop" as evidence because I used 3E to make the Wolf-people, making that portion accounted for.

I also made a prophet with them, and I'm no expert, but is 3E enough to wipe out 1/4 of all humans?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:52:34 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3982 on: December 08, 2014, 05:51:38 pm »

Quéßäre raises a good point for the defense. How can we know Quéßäre was not pouring Essence into stopping a certain someone from spreading the disease?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: December 08, 2014, 05:53:30 pm »

Because then he would've warned the Council about the imminent attack or at least announced that he was spending Essence to prevent disease. 4 Essence is certainly enough for a god of Deception to create a plague.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: December 08, 2014, 05:56:09 pm »

I'd like to sue Azem for cursing everyone's economies.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: December 08, 2014, 05:56:16 pm »

"He also made a secret gift of two essence to me, attempting to help me after I had died. Well, someone did, and he knew about it, so it was likely him. I didn't need it, but appreciate the gesture. Do you think he could have done it with only two essence?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: December 08, 2014, 06:03:28 pm »

"Uh...he does? Bye."

Amathet flies, away, and an emerald dragon appears in his place.

"Greetings my 'esteemed' fellows."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: December 08, 2014, 06:17:47 pm »

Because then he would've warned the Council about the imminent attack or at least announced that he was spending Essence to prevent disease. 4 Essence is certainly enough for a god of Deception to create a plague.
If I had warned you, how many of you would have listened to the God of Deception?
Retired/Extended Sigs

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: December 08, 2014, 06:28:13 pm »

If I had warned you, how many of you would have listened to the God of Deception?
That is a valid point, although something to wave as a "you didin't listen before and look what happened" card would had been usefull to you. Your behaviour, though, is hardly suspicious, I would not atempt to see through behaviour of god of deciet.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: December 08, 2014, 06:33:49 pm »

That is a valid point, although something to wave as a "you didin't listen before and look what happened" card would had been usefull to you. Your behaviour, though, is hardly suspicious, I would not atempt to see through behaviour of god of deciet.
True, that would have been an excellent angle, but I didn't know.

Let's do a bit of math, shall we:
I lost 7E during the tick
I spent 3E on the Wolf-people
I spent 2E on Fusil
I spent 2E on other things

The plague wiped out 1/4 of all humans. That's worth, what 4E if your sphere is disease and you have a knack for such things. It does not equal 2E.

How could I do it?
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 475