Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608051 times)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T75: Merry Neronmas!
« Reply #4590 on: December 24, 2014, 11:35:36 pm »

Yeah, it was a very underwhelming battle, to be honest. Stuff happened, then everything exploded.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T70: Elephant in the room
« Reply #4591 on: December 24, 2014, 11:54:55 pm »

Propose that anyone who doesn't vote on Lawmode or on a proposal surrenders 1 Essence to the Council to be used for any Council projects.

Oppose. Most proposals aren't worth voting on.

Congratulations on making a proposal that I'm against enough to actually oppose.

Also, I don't care about you trying to get some Gruen worship but two conditions. I don't want your agents in the capital where the Devourer lives and I don't want you turning them away from following me.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: December 25, 2014, 12:02:51 am »

"Thank you very much Neron! Have a Merry Neronmas as well!"

Propose that anyone who doesn't vote on Lawmode or on a proposal surrenders 1 Essence to the Council to be used for any Council projects.
I oppose this terrible idea. If they are neutral, they are neutral. Do not penalize them for it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 12:14:09 am by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: December 25, 2014, 12:08:10 am »

"Perhaps me lying badly is a lie. I might be a really good liar who poses as a bad one, or perhaps I am not lying at all.

I do deny that. I did not do it. I knew that none of the followers had guns and did not try to kill them. Also, why would I write my name on an attack on your people that I have no reason to attack? That's an incredibly stupid accusation."(Sorry Stirk. I have to go for now. I'd love to continue this argument, but it's Christmas Eve and I'm going celebrate Christmas with my family.)

"Yes. The fact you contradict yourself often makes it obvious that you lie often. It is rather apparent that, up to now, you didn't have any real clue. Why else would you bring up the fact that I 'killed' some of your followers, if no followers had been killed? It seems like a rather odd thing to do, doesn't it? After all, I had not brought it up, until I had to use it as evidence. You put your name on it because, again, you are a bad liar. You assumed that by putting your name on it, everyone would assume that it was someone else because you would never be stupid enough to put your name on it. As I said, it is fairly obviously you."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: December 25, 2014, 12:39:45 am »

"MUAHAHAHAHAHA! This ghost's bones will make for a fine bolt!"
"I want to make something that removes people's souls and burns them like coke. I think you're the right god for this. I MUST HAVE ROCK BLOCKS!"
"Is it true that magma is the blood of the earth?"
A ghost bone bolt? A ghost bone? I'd be very interested to see the results.
"Souls actually make for rather poor fuel sources because they combust far too quickly. They are, however, great for making explosive devices with the average soul having an average kill radius of about 11 metres. If you want to make coke, one of the gods just made a blue rock thing that's twice as good as coal and about as plentiful."
"......Yes it is!"

"Does it really need a name? It was a rather pathetic battle. Tykki fought off the Archangels, the mortals shot each other a bit, and everything exploded. "Battle of the Boom"? It wasn't a crusade, naming it such is rather bizarre, and I have no clue what in the world a first crusade would be."
"Battle of the Boom does sound better. The angels referred to it as a crusade because it was a whole bunch of gods uniting against a common enemy. The first crusade referred to when Cim, Serac, and Yaos united against you."

"Oppose. No need to make the council do anything, and that kind of hurts the less active gods needlessly."
"Not really. Proposals resolve only after three Ticks which is also how long it would take for a god to go inactive."

Oppose.Also, I don't care about you trying to get some Gruen worship but two conditions. I don't want your agents in the capital where the Devourer lives and I don't want you turning them away from following me.
*sigh* "Deal. Is this kind of thing normal or is it just you two, though? Wait a minute, do you two even have the authority to ban my worship in these cities?"

I directly ask the governments of the Gruen and Armu capitals if they consider Grauel and Fusil to be their respective heads of state. If they are, that would make them theocracies.

The angel priest that would've gone to the Keshan Gruen capital will instead go to the Dwarven capital.

I oppose this terrible idea. If they are neutral, they are neutral. Do not penalize them for it.
"If they are neutral they can choose to Abstain. This proposal doesn't penalise neutrality - it penalises laziness and apathy. Regardless, I can see it's not going to get much support."

Withdraw previous proposal.
Propose that any non-votes count as Abstains.

"Could we perhaps vote on dealing with the Lich at least?"
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 12:49:15 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: December 25, 2014, 01:01:52 am »

"If they are neutral they can choose to Abstain. This proposal doesn't penalise neutrality - it penalises laziness and apathy. Regardless, I can see it's not going to get much support."
"To be fair, you wouldn't ask someone to come out and say "I'm neutral!" On every issue they hear and are neutral about.

"Fusil, many truths contradict each other. Weapons are made to kill people, but weapons don't kill people. Also, I knew you're followers didn't have guns because I saw them in the Second Crusade. I was watching, remember? If your followers had guns, why would they use swords, glaives, hammers, axes, halberds, etc.? Also, when I said "All my followers with guns were killed," it's the same as saying, "none of my followers were killed," because we all know none of them had guns, so none were killed. It's just different ways of saying the same thing.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: December 25, 2014, 01:25:11 am »

"Battle of the Boom does sound better. The angels referred to it as a crusade because it was a whole bunch of gods uniting against a common enemy. The first crusade referred to when Cim, Serac, and Yaos united against you."

"That isn't what 'Crusade' means, and ganging up on an imprisoned god is hardly an impressive feat. Especially when they failed to kill him"

*sigh* "Deal. Is this kind of thing normal or is it just you two, though? Wait a minute, do you two even have the authority to ban my worship in these cities?"

"I still control a large army of Vindico, and Tykki who is worth dozens of armies herself. I don't directly control my people as Yaos had, but I have the authority to shoot anything I want. If your Angels get in the way, Ill shoot them down."

"Could we perhaps vote on dealing with the Lich at least?"

"You are a God. The Lich is a particularly magical mortal servant to an unkown god. If you do not like her, kill her yourself. What has this world come to if it takes an entire council of Gods to beat one mortal?"

"To be fair, you wouldn't ask someone to come out and say "I'm neutral!" On every issue they hear and are neutral about.

"Fusil, many truths contradict each other. Weapons are made to kill people, but weapons don't kill people. Also, I knew you're followers didn't have guns because I saw them in the Second Crusade. I was watching, remember? If your followers had guns, why would they use swords, glaives, hammers, axes, halberds, etc.? Also, when I said "All my followers with guns were killed," it's the same as saying, "none of my followers were killed," because we all know none of them had guns, so none were killed. It's just different ways of saying the same thing.

"Truths do not contradict each other. Trying to derail the conversation doesn't help. You where watching, but apparently had not learned much. Aside from that, Tykki still uses swords quite often. I try to use current technology when killing things in front of mortals, to avoid destroying normal weapon development.

Now, here is what you said, remember?
"How did I kill your followers? Is it anything like the time you had all my High-Elves with guns killed and frozen in a block of ice?

Yes, I know about that."

Now, does that sound like "Was that anything like the time that none of my followers where killed by you?" to me, it certainly doesn't. Considering that it was just like the time you killed my followers, that only adds to your guilt. It was obviously you killing them. Don't think you can talk your way out of this. It was also you making the diseases that have ravaged to populations now. If you are not stopped, you will no doubt do so again."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: December 25, 2014, 01:46:34 am »

Right, I forgot conversations with you were useless. Thanks for reminding me. Keep going on believing the wrong things; I don't care.
Retired/Extended Sigs

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: December 25, 2014, 02:43:30 am »

Quite sure many gods are protective over their followers and essence income. I don't particularly feel like having to worry about you trying to turn away loyal followers exclusively to your worship but I don't see much harm in some of my followers also paying respects to you if it doesn't hurt me. Regarding your targeting of the capital, I've had a few issues with attacks on my angels and I don't want to have potential security breaches where my archangel dwells. Regardless of your intentions it seems like an unnecessary risk to have agents of other gods near the Devourer's fortress.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: December 25, 2014, 03:01:32 am »

"You are a God. The Lich is a particularly magical mortal servant to an unkown god. If you do not like her, kill her yourself. What has this world come to if it takes an entire council of Gods to beat one mortal?"
"A couple of problems with that. Your archangel has already killed her several times and I assume she did so with her sword of permakilling yet the Lich still lives. Another problem is that I simply don't know where she is which prevents me from finding her, killing her, and eating her soul (even if she has one). If we kill her by proposal then she will definitely die in the way we want her to and there would be no way for her to escape or return, unlike Yaos who was permakilled by a non-Council entity."

Quite sure many gods are protective over their followers and essence income. I don't particularly feel like having to worry about you trying to turn away loyal followers exclusively to your worship but I don't see much harm in some of my followers also paying respects to you if it doesn't hurt me. Regarding your targeting of the capital, I've had a few issues with attacks on my angels and I don't want to have potential security breaches where my archangel dwells. Regardless of your intentions it seems like an unnecessary risk to have agents of other gods near the Devourer's fortress.
"I don't want exclusive worship - I just want worship. Considering that your reasons for not allowing me into your city a very real and understandable, I won't hold anything against you for your decision."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 05:25:46 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: December 25, 2014, 11:37:14 am »

Lecty, I shall change the way i adress you when you will change your ways into something worthwile. As rare as it is, Fusil is absolutely right in what he said abaut your Blood pacts. The oversoul project of yours is mostly meanigless. The Lich you want dead was last seen kniting. Even if it slaps me to death with a sock of doom, I can't realy feel threatened by that.

Inspect changes in the dust ring
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: December 26, 2014, 05:09:12 am »

"I would like to construct a defence on the three blood contracts I have created: oaths, marriages, and battle-sibling bonds."
Spoiler: Blood Contract Defence (click to show/hide)

The Lich you want dead was last seen kniting. Even if it slaps me to death with a sock of doom, I can't realy feel threatened by that.
"Wait, what? Knitting? I was under the impression she was turning people away from worshipping us and occasionally pausing to slaughter our angels. Obviously, my sources of information aren't very reliable. I guess I can relax now."

Create single Nature Spirit to inhabit an isolated Slythan lake.
Propagate Nature Spirits by 700. 300 will go on Keshan, 300 on Slytha, and 100 on Muma.
Spoiler: Nature Spirits (click to show/hide)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T76: Tidal
« Reply #4602 on: December 26, 2014, 07:21:36 am »

Tick 76: Tidal

All of the megabeasts have been struck down!

Night Elves previously demonstrating interest in assorted features of Soul or Blood magic have appeared in front of their homes with no memories of being visited by the angels or the few days before.

Malakath:
The ghost bone bolt could not be created because ghosts don't have bones. However, a perfectly healthy random dwarf proved to be sufficient.
"Bah! Lies! Everyone knows souls and coke don't explode! I MUST HAVE ROCK BLOCKS!"
"Does that mean you can make all the magma rush to the surface of the world in a grand display of Ultimate Bleeding?"

Most Gruen capitals seem to treat Grauel as a mostly uninvolved benevolent force. Quite a few of their leaders are followers of Grauel but have no history of receiving orders from Grauel. The Armu are only slightly less independent and typically treat Fusil as a powerful military advisor to consult where and when necessary.

The Dwarven capital receives the message of blood quite well. Some rowdy revelers have dumped assorted barrels of blood into the water supply. Most of them probably did not come from sophonts.

The dust ring seems to have become more alive and dusty.

Malakath has created 701 Nature Spirits, of which 300 are sent to each of Keshan and Slytha and 100 are sent to Muna. The last one has become aligned to the natural feature of lowercase-v void.

This update's constellations are the Human and Pentagram. The Keshan aurora are fairly bright.

(Malakath: -2E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)
The following players are in danger of being marked as inactive: Ambidextrous/Kli and Detoxicated/The Light. A grace period of an extra tick has been given (to T77/the upcoming one).

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Caverns, Poetry, Travel, and Strength. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Evilness and Poverty.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: December 26, 2014, 08:55:03 am »

KI'Tork checks on his worshipers and sees whether or not the miracles increased their numbers meaningfully.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: December 26, 2014, 09:53:53 am »

Night Elves previously demonstrating interest in assorted features of Soul or Blood magic have appeared in front of their homes with no memories of being visited by the angels or the few days before.
Luckily, my angel priests are still in those cities telling people about Soul and Blood magic. They'll probably get re-interested again once they hear about it again. I would also like to restate that all my angels continue to be on high alert.

The ghost bone bolt could not be created because ghosts don't have bones. However, a perfectly healthy random dwarf proved to be sufficient.
"Bah! Lies! Everyone knows souls and coke don't explode! I MUST HAVE ROCK BLOCKS!"
"Does that mean you can make all the magma rush to the surface of the world in a grand display of Ultimate Bleeding?"
I'm sure the local law enforcement will punish the dwarf in an appropriate fashion. It's certainly outside of my jurisdiction.
"Coke doesn't explode, yes, but souls do. I would know because I'm the goddess of Souls. I even have a mathematical formula explaining it!"
"Yes, although it would certainly be a challenge. Simply rushing enough magma to the surface in the world that it causes an apocalypse would be pretty easy, though. I still won't, though. I'm not an evil god despite my secondary spheres, my name, and my style of dress."

Most Gruen capitals seem to treat Grauel as a mostly uninvolved benevolent force. Quite a few of their leaders are followers of Grauel but have no history of receiving orders from Grauel. The Armu are only slightly less independent and typically treat Fusil as a powerful military advisor to consult where and when necessary.
I ask the Armu if they approve of their god's actions of banning me from spreading my religion to their cities for selfish reasons, especially since my religion offers to improve their lives so greatly and that I don't ask for exclusive worship or even primary worship. I would also ask them if they would hypothetically be ok with Fusil thinking of them as children who need to be babied rather than fully sapient, independent, and free-willed adult. Not that he does, of course. He's simply being benevolent and protective of a race who he created and loves and who loves him back. Nothing wrong with that.

The dust ring seems to have become more alive and dusty.
Alive? Does that mean it has a soul?

Malakath has created 701 Nature Spirits, of which 300 are sent to each of Keshan and Slytha and 100 are sent to Muna. The last one has become aligned to the natural feature of lowercase-v void.
Actually, that "last" one was actually the one Nature Spirit that I created rather than propagated. I made it a lake spirit. Possibly female. Possibly the only spirit in that lake. Still, it's fantastic to know that Nature Spirits can exist in space!
I create one space spirit, one star spirit for the Keshan system, and one star spirit for the Slythan system. If it's not free, then I make as many star spirits as I can for 1 Essence.

"I would like to state again that I am selling information relating to Yaos for 1E each question. Where was his hiding all his Saeva from the Battle of the Boom? What is the weak point on a Humanos Grande? Exactly how many Armu children did he sacrifice to himself for Essence? All this and more. Pay for 3 questions and you get a bonus question answered, free! Also, I am willing to update his bestiary if I receive a one-time payment of 5 Essence as payment for doing so."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:21:54 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 475