Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608158 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T77: The Spreadening
« Reply #4650 on: December 27, 2014, 01:53:41 pm »

That... depends. Chances are, it's just something different from what you deem normal and not actually of the Void. It's always safe to check, though, so...
Anyone have a Void detector I can borrow for a bit?

Lend a glass spider.

I created these long ago to monitor Void energies in lands of my worshipers. Might be usefull.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: December 27, 2014, 05:59:58 pm »

Anyone have a Void detector I can borrow for a bit?
"Joha. You made the race that invented Void detectors. Just ask one from them."

"I never sent a spy to ISAY Malakath. Do you have any idea whose spy it is?

Also, I can`t release your spies they have seen to much.

"I have no idea whose spy it is. Also, they're not my spies."
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 07:27:10 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: December 27, 2014, 07:33:31 pm »

(Andres post changes whenever I refresh. It's like a new post, but without extending thread lenghth.)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: December 27, 2014, 07:39:09 pm »

Kli:
"The scales have been completed!"
"Should we eat those strange Void beasts?"
"There is a rock balanced on its tip on top of a hill near us. Should we do something about it?"
"Congratulations. Find miracles from your work."
"Do not eat anything related to the Void. Corruption may become a result."
"Perhaps make sure that no one is able to get hurt should it fall."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: December 28, 2014, 01:31:02 am »

Propagate Cherubim to 7,000

Work with a highly skilled/devoted group of Cosmic Seraphim mages and Cherubim Enchanters to create the first Sentinels; I don't want anyone burning out, so slow and steady is the key here. Then, help them and a larger group of Cherubim Enchanters, armorsmiths, and other mages, anyone who wishes to help and likes getting paid for it with a magical bodyguard/laborer, possibly multiple depending on how much of a contribution they/their company made, work to make several thousand Sentinels of varying sizes and shapes. ((Note: Because they are magical suits of armor, they will usually look like an animal of some sort, or rather a full suit of armor for said animal, possibly scaled up or scaled down, and sometimes like an insect because carapaces make easy 'molds' for armor

Work with Cim and some of the best Seraphim Cosmic/Divine Mages/Priests and whoever Cim wants to add to it to make the first Justiciars, being nine in number. Prophet-like powers and great strength and skill with both magic and arms, they are each bestowed with a unique power of their choosing(so long as it isn't stupid; toggle-able anti-magic tattoos are a yes, the ability to shoot bunnies from your hands is a no; it's also only partially magical in origin, so anti-magic won't usually completely negate it), and given suits of the first Faultless armor, which they can customize, both by mundane and magical means, to suit their purposes. They are to work independently of us, more or less, and so those selected for the process(out of volunteers/they have to agree) must be capable of independent thought, creative, driven, and able to dedicate their lives to spreading Goodness and Law. Together, those two concepts form Justice. Powers particularly include voice/persuasion/empathic powers, memorization/total-recall/speed-reading, and similar things that aid in being essentially traveling judges, law enforcers, adventurers, and protectors of the people. Powers also particularly include the ability to gain strength as time goes on, by making allies and overcoming the challenges that beset them, as well as magic powers(in case it wasn't clear: Think RPG-style. They gain experience, they level up. Whether by a thin stream of divine power that we strengthen by using feedback loops from their allies and the triumphant sensations of their emotional state and by draining the last remnants of life of their enemies when they die, or if it's just an internal thing inside of them that does much the same, still more or less the same result). They have the authority to gain companions of their own and to make decisions as they feel necessary, but they are independent; we cannot fund them. However, they do have a Phylactery, which will teleport them to it's location, wounds barely stabilized (enough for medical care/healing to help them get better, not so much that they're able to just go home and sleep it off) if they receive a mortal blow. The Phylactery is unique to the individual, but they are all more or less invincible and should be based in different, well-defended cities. They also cannot be stolen...
Anything to add, Cim?
Oh, and if you could cover around 3/4 of the Justicar's cost, that'd be great, since you have so much more Essence than me and all...eheheheh...Please?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: December 28, 2014, 01:55:58 am »

Propagate Cherubim to 7,000

Work with a highly skilled/devoted group of Cosmic Seraphim mages and Cherubim Enchanters to create the first Sentinels; I don't want anyone burning out, so slow and steady is the key here. Then, help them and a larger group of Cherubim Enchanters, armorsmiths, and other mages, anyone who wishes to help and likes getting paid for it with a magical bodyguard/laborer, possibly multiple depending on how much of a contribution they/their company made, work to make several thousand Sentinels of varying sizes and shapes. ((Note: Because they are magical suits of armor, they will usually look like an animal of some sort, or rather a full suit of armor for said animal, possibly scaled up or scaled down, and sometimes like an insect because carapaces make easy 'molds' for armor

Work with Cim and some of the best Seraphim Cosmic/Divine Mages/Priests and whoever Cim wants to add to it to make the first Justiciars, being nine in number. Prophet-like powers and great strength and skill with both magic and arms, they are each bestowed with a unique power of their choosing(so long as it isn't stupid; toggle-able anti-magic tattoos are a yes, the ability to shoot bunnies from your hands is a no; it's also only partially magical in origin, so anti-magic won't usually completely negate it), and given suits of the first Faultless armor, which they can customize, both by mundane and magical means, to suit their purposes. They are to work independently of us, more or less, and so those selected for the process(out of volunteers/they have to agree) must be capable of independent thought, creative, driven, and able to dedicate their lives to spreading Goodness and Law. Together, those two concepts form Justice. Powers particularly include voice/persuasion/empathic powers, memorization/total-recall/speed-reading, and similar things that aid in being essentially traveling judges, law enforcers, adventurers, and protectors of the people. Powers also particularly include the ability to gain strength as time goes on, by making allies and overcoming the challenges that beset them, as well as magic powers(in case it wasn't clear: Think RPG-style. They gain experience, they level up. Whether by a thin stream of divine power that we strengthen by using feedback loops from their allies and the triumphant sensations of their emotional state and by draining the last remnants of life of their enemies when they die, or if it's just an internal thing inside of them that does much the same, still more or less the same result). They have the authority to gain companions of their own and to make decisions as they feel necessary, but they are independent; we cannot fund them. However, they do have a Phylactery, which will teleport them to it's location, wounds barely stabilized (enough for medical care/healing to help them get better, not so much that they're able to just go home and sleep it off) if they receive a mortal blow. The Phylactery is unique to the individual, but they are all more or less invincible and should be based in different, well-defended cities. They also cannot be stolen...
Anything to add, Cim?
Oh, and if you could cover around 3/4 of the Justicar's cost, that'd be great, since you have so much more Essence than me and all...eheheheh...Please?

"Disgusting. Again, you pretend that you are anywhere near good when you treat your own followers like that? Something so complicated will erase most of the mortal participants. They cannot safely do anything that would cost over a single essence point. What you are doing is putting them on an altar for something so petty. Hundreds, if not thousands, will be burned out just for that action!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: December 28, 2014, 02:49:59 am »

"Make that 7/8. And Fusil is right, pulling mortal magic-users into this is a Bad Idea, for a multitude of reasons. For traits, I would recommend protection from corrupting Void energy, and to choose the Justiciars from different races far away from each other."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T78: Mustaches and Missions
« Reply #4657 on: December 28, 2014, 06:49:10 am »

Tick 78: Mustaches and Missions

The Light and Kli have been sealed, but Kli seems to have returned.

The gods believe that one of the gods is doing handstands with a live bumblebee stuck between Its teeth.

Grauel has compiled a magical list of foods and its effects and given it to the Gruen, who are examining and distributing it. Grauel has also granted longevity and increased power to a Gruen.

Quéßäre has created 1 000 High Elves and empowered the Bluff Buff with the ability to bluff anyone about anything. Cim opposes this action based on the fact that it may twist the universe to conform to the Bluff Buff's bluffs. Fusil supports the Buff. The Bluff Buff's ability is currently in a shadowy state of simultaneous existence and nonexistence.

There has been a series of incidents in which ISAY and NUKE report spy sightings. Neron and NUKE claim no responsibility for the spy at ISAY but refuse to release the spies at NUKE.

It appears that a group of mischievous Nature Spirits may have given Malakath the Life Orb. Malakath has graciously returned it to Joha.

The Mountwyrms are currently exploring the world aboard large, improved ships. They have found what appear to be two mostly uninhabited continents. The Gem Dragons have increased in number quite a bit but have slowed down compensatorily as of late. The Dwarves continue to dig around and explore the vast cave systems and Burrower tunnels.

A cultist of Apathy has embarked on a quest to draw a mustache on a statue of Cim but ultimately returned before finishing the quest after getting bored on the way.

Malakath:
"Temperate, says the god of Blood!? I think Fusil makes for a nice Patient one, then?"
"Bah. Enough of this nonsense. They try too hard and forget how simple goodwill helps."
"I'm considering you."
"Maybe I am too. But another is more charitable than you and cares nothing about rewards."
"Do you even realize how long it takes for us to get enough Essence for a decent reward without angering the other gods? Maybe you should work on keeping us non-hypocritical, uncorrupted, and alive, hm?"
"Fidelity should not be chastity. You of all goddesses should know this, tee hee."
"We will hand out some more substantial rewards in the next few ticks at a random time. Be on your best behavior until then."

Old shoes have become a sudden favorite at the restaurant of the confused chef. They are often known as "Shosoohr Viyay" and very few know of its secret ingredient.
"I shall try to satisfy others, then."
"Sugared lemons. Hmmm. They actually fit quite well!"

Kl'Tork has prototyped the Ogres, a race of tall, somewhat dull sophonts to help the Kobolds.

Joha has visited a spectacular fungal garden larger than any before. The Ikan have given Joha a Void detection device. Khaziraad has lent her a glass spider.

After some tests, NUKE scientists think the pink snow is a result of some sort of plant growing on and in the snow.

Kli:
"We shall!"
"But surely corruption balances its absence?"
"We will examine it further."

Darruth has propagated the Cherubim to 7 000. With the help of some Seraphim mages and Cherubim enchanters, Darruth has begun the creation of several thousand Sentinels.

Cim and Darruth have created nine Justiciars mostly without the aid of mortals (who would probably easily burn out). They have yet to be further detailed, but they are currently resistant to the known effects of Void corruption among many other traits.

(How unlucky it will be if 75.01 dies from insufficient voting!)

This update's constellations are the Rose and Claw.

(Kl'Tork: -3E, Darruth: -3E, Cim: -10E, Darruth: -2E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are War, Children, Animals, and Air. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Bursting and Honesty.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T78: Mustaches and Missions
« Reply #4658 on: December 28, 2014, 07:44:06 am »

Floating green text appears before the Council. It reads "WHOO WAANTS TOO BEE FIIRST?"

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: December 28, 2014, 08:38:16 am »

Melyssa creates her first race: the Flagellants. Flagellants are long and slender humanoids which always cover up their face, usually by either wearing a veil or mask. They gain power when they hurt themselves, and to a lesser extent others. They prefer to do this with a whip, but if no whip is available, they will hurt themselves with other weapons or tools, or even their own hands.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: December 28, 2014, 03:41:26 pm »

"I would rather not go first strange green text."

"Greetings Melyssa, as a goddess of torture I`m afraid I must ask that you and your children must stay away from my followers or feel the bite of cold."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: December 28, 2014, 04:38:37 pm »

"Welcome to the Council of Gods, Melyssa. So long as you stay away from children I don't think we'll have a problem. It's not for me to decide what gods my followers worship, after all. That's a personal choice."

"Greetings Melyssa, as a goddess of torture I`m afraid I must ask that you and your children must stay away from my followers or feel the bite of cold."
"Don't take this questions as an act of antagonisation but don't you and your followers already feel the bite of cold? Isn't that what your whole sphere revolves around? In completely unrelated news (seriously), some private negotiations have made it so those spies you have with you actually are my spies now. I'll understand if you want to keep them but I'd like the spy I gave to you to be returned, please."

Malakath sets the blood moon as a skyfeature on both planets that occurs once every season. The blood moon, also known as the harvest moon or other names differing from region-to-region and person-to-person, is a naturally occurring phenomenon that already happens about two to four times a year. This just makes it a bit more orderly and regular (you're welcome, Cim) but besides that it's totally mundane and is of no significance whatsoever.

"Temperate, says the god of Blood!? I think Fusil makes for a nice Patient one, then?"
"How does my sphere prevent me from being temperate? Wait, do you think that I'm the type of blood god that appreciates their followers making a gory mess of themselves? I'd be offended if you did. As for Fusil, patient is not a word I would use to describe him. Perhaps us other gods might be considered patient for putting up with him?" The Lord Lecta smiles at her little joke.

The Lord Malakath announces to the people of Keshan:
"This is a message to the people who both walk the path of evil and consort with the Void. By the time of [the next Tick], you must either give up evil or give up the Void, preferably both. Children need not fear."

(How much Essence would it cost to destroy the Void books that Yaos stashed on a moon when the Inquisition failed to destroy them?)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:17:31 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: December 28, 2014, 04:55:09 pm »

How much Essence would it cost to destroy the Void books that Yaos stashed on a moon when the Inquisition failed to destroy them?

(So it was Yaos who destroyed all the books on the Void? We renewed them, ya know.)

"...Normally I would welcome a new God and state that they should vote on the new proposals, but your bizarre first creation worries me. Proper weapon safety is important to me, and it is possible that such heresy would take away from proper worship. Or, to the bigger problem, it is quite frankly disturbing that you created mortals just to do harm to themselves. If this race shows to be a problem, I will have to eliminate it. I will have to eliminate everything that turns out to be a problem..."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: December 28, 2014, 05:00:53 pm »

(So it was Yaos who destroyed all the books on the Void? We renewed them, ya know.)
(Different set of books here but you can pay 1E to know if he was the one who took the library books. I'll even throw in why he did it, assuming he did.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: December 28, 2014, 05:01:53 pm »

(Different set of books here but you can pay 1E to know if he was the one who took the library books. I'll even throw in why he did it, assuming he did.)

(Wow. So much money grubbing! If I want to know anything about Yaos, Ill just do what you did. Kidnap an Angel and read its mind.)

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 475