Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616995 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T87: Filtered Frenzy
« Reply #5100 on: January 07, 2015, 05:25:32 am »

"The problem is that these temples and monuments are commonly what get people into Void-worship in the first place, thus doing more bad than good. What's so bad if a few cultists manage to summon a manifestation anyway? The last manifestation was destroyed in an almost comically simple fashion and If I remember correctly there were few to no mortal deaths."

"Do you know anything about how Void worship works? From what I can tell, the mundane churches do nothing to increase Void worship. If you are going to make a token effort at fighting something, at least understand your enemy first. The last manifestation was obviously holding back. It was apparent to anyone fighting it, especially me. If it had even made an effort to fight back, the entire town would have been destroyed. And that was one summoned by one mortal, who died in the fighting. Something powerful enough, like the increased activity that was noticed world wide, would be utterly devastating if manifested. Even if it does hold back. Have you read up on the history of how to suppress religions? Religions are stronger than statues and churches and altars, removing them will not remove the actual threat. Once again, you are trying to treat the symptom rather than the disease."

(I have no idea what you're talking about...)

(Suuuuureeeee you don't. What do you mean then?)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: January 07, 2015, 05:27:31 am »

(Bandit guilds have been mentioned a few times Andres. I blame Mountwyrms. Out of curiosity, what were you doing on the island of Death and Riches that necessitated a mini-game?)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: January 07, 2015, 06:05:34 am »

"Do you know anything about how Void worship works? From what I can tell, the mundane churches do nothing to increase Void worship. If you are going to make a token effort at fighting something, at least understand your enemy first. The last manifestation was obviously holding back. It was apparent to anyone fighting it, especially me. If it had even made an effort to fight back, the entire town would have been destroyed. And that was one summoned by one mortal, who died in the fighting. Something powerful enough, like the increased activity that was noticed world wide, would be utterly devastating if manifested. Even if it does hold back. Have you read up on the history of how to suppress religions? Religions are stronger than statues and churches and altars, removing them will not remove the actual threat. Once again, you are trying to treat the symptom rather than the disease."
"When the disease is a crazed maniac stabbing and slashing at everyone in sight and the symptom is people bleeding out, then it's appropriate to treat the symptoms. In fact, it's always appropriate to treat the symptoms. It's not a case of either/or - you do both. Unfortunately, we have no way to stop this disease so symptom-treating is the best we can do. Hey Darruth, can you tell us which gods have been communicating with the Void recently?"

(Bandit guilds have been mentioned a few times Andres. I blame Mountwyrms. Out of curiosity, what were you doing on the island of Death and Riches that necessitated a mini-game?)
(Yeah but I always forget what they do. I sent Lette there in disguise so she can be awesome and then attribute her awesomeness to Yaos when it was really her angelness. The only thing that happened was me trying to get past a door by solving a puzzle which I failed entirely. Then Telialas was made and she was called back. She was also with a group of random adventurers so that there would be witnesses to her awesomeness but, as mentioned before, nothing happened.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: January 07, 2015, 08:13:50 am »

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
"My thanks, Pat. I did not expect to be called patient enough to earn a gift/prize, but the Essence will go into good use."

"The statue is not yours, then, Fusil? Destroy it or do whatever you want to it. It was in your city, after all. I wouldn't allow mortals too close to it, however."

"Hey Darruth, can you tell us which gods have been communicating with the Void recently?"
"I don't see why he would know that, but I can tell I did communicate with a Null a couple Ticks ago. I tried to decipher its motives, though the attempt was fruitless. By the way, Malakath, can you tell me anything about a certain woman who has been hearing voices, possibly from you?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: January 07, 2015, 09:43:59 am »

Grauel has attended the feast and begun eating the many worthy offerings given. A portal has appeared and disappeared above Grauel, and an arrow has flown in and embedded itself where a head would be in a humanoid. Grauel seems to be unharmed. The arrow is covered with carvings of the word "FUSIL."

I'm going to assume this was a joke and not an actual poor attempt at hurting me. I suppose it was kind of funny that it was aiming for my "head".

The gesture is appreciated Mil. Consider myself available for a favor should your life ever be at risk.

Fusil, I have an interest in examining these parasites, would you mind me sending some agents to assist and collect samples?

Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: January 07, 2015, 10:08:34 am »

KI'Tork makes the maggots vanish and gives the one chef who said they were tasty a bucket of them.

KI'Tork also spends 1 Essence to satisfy the Feast-goers and spends 2 Essence in an attempt to fill Grauel.

KI'Tork encourages his Worshipers to worship Neron as well.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: January 07, 2015, 10:36:00 am »

Fortuna

86.02: Any Proposal Action that negatively affects a Deity without their consent for no reason will auto-fail oppose

We probably wouldn't get anything done. A god could make something fail simply because it might hurt their feelings.

86.00: Lift the limitation on magic oppose

Still not convinced this is a good idea.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: January 07, 2015, 10:55:17 am »

"Thank you Tria. Sorry about the whole mindreading thing...If you ever need any help just ask."

A group of Frozen Guard are sent to capture a group of these monsters and take them back to NUKE. They are to be studied and used in various tests.

I would like to plant one of the frozen seeds and leave it in the care of the Pine Tree Titans.

86.02 Oppose
"That is way to open for manipulation."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:31:48 am by Ama »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: January 07, 2015, 04:02:59 pm »

"Fusil, What will we do about the parasites? You never answered my question."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: January 07, 2015, 05:04:28 pm »

"I don't see why he would know that, but I can tell I did communicate with a Null a couple Ticks ago. I tried to decipher its motives, though the attempt was fruitless. By the way, Malakath, can you tell me anything about a certain woman who has been hearing voices, possibly from you?"
"His angels are capable of intercepting communications between deities/angels and the Void. All he can do is know that they're communicating at all, though. I have no idea about any woman hearing voices."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: January 07, 2015, 05:40:36 pm »

"The statue is not yours, then, Fusil? Destroy it or do whatever you want to it. It was in your city, after all. I wouldn't allow mortals too close to it, however."

"That statue is most definitely not mine. If it truly is created by the Void, then bringing down all of creation on it would do nothing. Judging by the temple, it can only be destroyed by one of its creators, and I doubt the Null will want to break the pact. Getting it away should be enough until I can handle the Bugs. Ill have to research it later."

Fusil, I have an interest in examining these parasites, would you mind me sending some agents to assist and collect samples?

"I do not have problems with that. Be careful, avoid causing casualties and destroying the town. I am attempting to keep the city and its inhabitants relatively intact. I do not mind if you eat the Bug corpses."

A group of Frozen Guard are sent to capture a group of these monsters and take them back to NUKE. They are to be studied and used in various tests.

"That is fine, again do not cause any unnecessary damage. Perhaps you should freeze them for transfer?"

"Fusil, What will we do about the parasites? You never answered my question."

"I am fairly certain I did. I will kill them all then kill the one responsible."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: January 07, 2015, 05:48:19 pm »

"What if they overrun your defense? I know such a possibility is preposterous but we need to be prepared!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: January 07, 2015, 05:53:08 pm »

"What if they overrun your defense? I know such a possibility is preposterous but we need to be prepared!"

"Then I evacuate the citizens to space and blow up the town and all the Bugs. This attack is obviously targeting my followers, it is not something that you would have to be worried about."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: January 07, 2015, 08:52:08 pm »

Hey Darruth, can you tell us which gods have been communicating with the Void recently?"
I could, yes. However, I feel it is, at this stage, rather irrelevant, as I have my doubts as to KI'Tork being able or desirous of creating a statue that would annoy Fusil. He's not that stupid.

Additionally, more than a few gods communicated with the void in the past dozen ticks or so, so the 'evidence' would serve more to make him a scapegoat than anything else. Plus, the parasites afflicting Fusil's followers - by the way, Fusil, I would offer my help but a. you don't like me and would probably spurn it anyway b. seem to have the situation under control and c. at this point, with the angels I have, and the fact that they aren't Void to be oblitered by Viminal, I'd get in the way more than anything. If you'd like, I could protect your followers to try and keep any more of them from dying in the fighting. I'm not certain if that's needed at this point, however.

Finally, I will say this: Fusil, you would probably charge me or Cim for those weapons as well, correct? Or is it just because you, like the rest of us, are annoyed the Essence-grubbing nature Malakath seems to share with the late Yaos?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: January 07, 2015, 09:11:11 pm »

Additionally, more than a few gods communicated with the void in the past dozen ticks or so, so the 'evidence' would serve more to make him a scapegoat than anything else. Plus, the parasites afflicting Fusil's followers - by the way, Fusil, I would offer my help but a. you don't like me and would probably spurn it anyway b. seem to have the situation under control and c. at this point, with the angels I have, and the fact that they aren't Void to be oblitered by Viminal, I'd get in the way more than anything. If you'd like, I could protect your followers to try and keep any more of them from dying in the fighting. I'm not certain if that's needed at this point, however.

"If you wanted to get something real done, find who is showing diseases on the land. Why have you not been investigating it before? I have told everyone before who it obviously is, but nobody seems to take my evidence as evidence. The fact I don't like you would make you a useful second opinion."

Finally, I will say this: Fusil, you would probably charge me or Cim for those weapons as well, correct? Or is it just because you, like the rest of us, are annoyed the Essence-grubbing nature Malakath seems to share with the late Yaos?

"It is the second one. If he is going to charge for nothing, so will I. Though you could obviously never trust anything I built for an enemy, nobody would blame me for putting hidden enchantments on it."

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 475