Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608690 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T88: Soap from monsters
« Reply #5145 on: January 08, 2015, 03:31:45 pm »

"Khaziraad, Evie wants to know whether you want a long-term contact or to wait 3 Ticks for its closest approach for a short chat."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: January 08, 2015, 03:32:55 pm »

"These new pets are awesome!"
"Ah yes, the monsters in the Armu cities make great pets indeed."
"There is no one left to torture in our funhouse."
"Torture yourself! It'll be fun!"
"They lied about the bed of nails! It's too comfortable!"
"Just heat the nails for half an hour and then cover them in lemon juice. It's gonna sting."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: January 08, 2015, 04:39:57 pm »

KI'Tork suddenly grins and looks at Grauel.

"I HAVE FILLED THE GOD OF GLUTTONY HIMSELF!!!!!!"

I'm never full. I'm just less hungry. Thanks for the food though.

Collect some more parasite samples. Eat a few, feed a few to Gruen and stash some in my godly refrigerator alongside the demons that are probably still in there.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: January 08, 2015, 05:05:48 pm »

Fortuna

"Sure, why not?"
The dude throws the cards in the air, and they end up landing in order. He snickers, shuffles the deck, and cuts it as requested.
"You go first, divine one!"

Raises an eyebrow

Intriguing. However, bear in mind you are addressing a god. You would do well to temper your over-eager demands in future.

Selects a pile at random. Reveals the top card.

Continue appearing with traders and protecting them from bandits, with the usual demands for donations and worship. They'll attack eventually...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 05:20:28 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: January 08, 2015, 05:51:32 pm »

Spoiler: Tailwyrms (click to show/hide)

I create as many Tailwyrms as I can with 4 Essence, split between Keshan and Slytha. To start with, they will build their city around the castle Khaziraad built. Let his gift be rewarded with more buildings, after all. I *really* don't want to have to point this out, but they have increased common sense, the same as all other sapient races I made or will make.

Malakath creates a group of 150 sapients made up of Humans, Mount/Tailwyrms, High Elves, Dwarves, and Wolf People in equal measure. These sapients will be knights inductor of the Bellatorus Sanatores - the Knights of Restoration. They are more commonly known as white knights, red knights, or red-and-white knights for the armour they wear, and blood knights for their magical specialty. They know secret blood magic which makes them physically as good as combat-enhanced members of their respective races. When not doing hired work, they either reside in their castle or travel the world, healing people and adventuring.
Spoiler: A Human Bellator (click to show/hide)
Children and adults, commonmen and noblemen may join, so long as they are magic-capable. At the end of their training, they choose either to stay with the order or be free. Commonly, nobles sent here by their parents will receive their training and then leave. These parents might send their child to the Bellatorus Sanatores because they offer unique and powerful advantages their children can't get from training with any other knights. Those who choose to stay in the order get their own custom set of armour. Knights usually get their armour magically enchanted afterwards or enchant it themselves.
The knights are asked about their preferred name for the castle. The most popular ones will be considered. Malakath ponders on the fact that these are actual serious knights devoted to her and would almost certainly not give her any stupid or silly suggestions. The same applies to normal people when dealing with gods as well but these guys especially.

The Lord Malakath descends to Keshan and fights the parasites herself in cities where she is not unwelcome (Armu, Golems, etc.) with 50 Bellators. She looks at the souls of the parasites to see if they're safe to eat and if they are she does so. She also checks the general composition of the soul for any surprises and ESPECIALLY sees if eating, killing, or destroying them will in any way make them explode.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:42:31 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: January 08, 2015, 06:01:16 pm »

Neron descends upon the most monster infected city and searches for the source of these monsters, destroying any that get in my way.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: January 08, 2015, 06:44:35 pm »

"I secretly created a prototype physical kitchen spirit to enhance the feast and possibly even fill Grauel but a Void Entity stole them and proceeded to corrupt their design to the point that they became monstrosities and then unleashed them on the Armu, I can't imagine why they would have attacked one of the only races capable of easily rebuffing their attacks.I kept it secret because I didn't want a mortal panic. The Essence I spent the last few turns was an attempt to reduce their numbers but apparently the Thief that stole them keeps creating more, But to an extent I suppose that the Oracle was correct, After all I did originally create the Prototypes although I certainly didn't intend for them to be used like this!"
KI'Tork goes into a bloody rage and all nearby gods and mortals suddenly feel quite stuffed.

"I shall create a cure to oppose this corruption!"
KI'Tork attempts to create an antidote to reduce the spread of the Parasites and proceeds to smite large gatherings of them.

"Neron, It might be a little while before we can finish our Solar System for obvious reasons."

"The Void is not nearly powerful enough to do such a thing without another God intervening. Besides, if such a thing where true, why not tell us? You will be punished for their deaths! The fact they keep becoming deadlier as you try to 'stop' them only leads me to, logically, assume that you are the one making more and empowering the living. You are simply lying, and doing it badly. You will be punished."

**EDIT**

Cim, I am rather interested in Evie, if what Fusil said is right and it indeed created same hammer that Kyloth uses. Could you put us into contact?

"The hammer is different, but the concepts are the same. The weapon I spoke of was a warhammer that exploded on contact, a concept you are familiar with. It is powerful because it is a Choas-aligned weapon made by an Order Null, an anti-aligned weapon who's contradictions cause it to explode. Just because they have interesting weapons does not mean you can contact these dangerous demons as you please! Ignore the Null. Do not talk to it. It is bad enough Cim is consorting with them!"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:56:48 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: January 08, 2015, 06:58:00 pm »

"Fusil, the Void doesn't need to go through gods to affect the world anymore. Yaos' associate who talked with the Void wasn't a god. The Lich who is acting as a medium for the Void to work through isn't a god. A long time ago when the world was new they would've had to go through gods but not anymore. Now they're firmly anchored into our Bubble via monuments and temples. Yes, that's what temples are for. Without them, they wouldn't have even been able to properly communicate with us."
"Your policy of ignoring the Void is only allowing the problem to get worse. If penalties are dealt to the gods who built them for removing the temples and monuments before they're allowed to then so be it. It's their own fault, after all."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:03:11 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: January 08, 2015, 07:20:33 pm »

"Fusil, the Void doesn't need to go through gods to affect the world anymore. Yaos' associate who talked with the Void wasn't a god. The Lich who is acting as a medium for the Void to work through isn't a god. A long time ago when the world was new they would've had to go through gods but not anymore. Now they're firmly anchored into our Bubble via monuments and temples. Yes, that's what temples are for. Without them, they wouldn't have even been able to properly communicate with us."
"Your policy of ignoring the Void is only allowing the problem to get worse. If penalties are dealt to the gods who built them for removing the temples and monuments before they're allowed to then so be it. It's their own fault, after all."

"You are, quite frankly, lying knowingly. The Lich has nothing to do with the Void, in fact, all information points to Void influence actively lessening around her. If you know of the true origins of the Lich, or whatever Yaos really knew about her, you should know that as well. Yaos's associate may be able to speak with the Void, but he cannot do something as powerful as corrupting another God's creation without their say so."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: January 08, 2015, 07:28:01 pm »

"The Oracle said the Lich was causing these weird temporal shudders, probably to create these weird monsters."
"This added to the fact that the Lich stated that she was neutral towards the Void leads me to think she has some part in it. Alone, she wouldn't have been able to corrupt a god's creation but it's definitely a possibility once the Void gets involved. I'm willing to put 1E into asking the Oracle about how the much the Lich is involved."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:31:02 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: January 08, 2015, 07:31:21 pm »

"The Oracle said the Lich was causing these weird temporal shudders, probably to create these weird monsters."
"This added to the fact that the Lich stated that she was neutral towards the Void leads me to think she has some part in it. Alone, she wouldn't have been able to corrupt a god's creation but it's definitely a possibility once the Void gets involved. I'm willing to put 1E into asking the Oracle of how the Lich is involved."

"Again, you are greatly overestimating the Lich's capabilities. She is not neutral towards the Void, in every talk I have had with her she has shown hostility to them. It is not possible for her to corrupt a God's creation, she is simply to weak. The Void would not help with that, ever is she as supported by it. Ki'Tork is lying, he obviously did it purposefully, and I do not know why you are trying to cover for him."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: January 08, 2015, 07:37:10 pm »

"I'm not trying to cover for him, I just think that we should assess the situation more carefully before we kill a god. God-killing should not be an affair to be taken so casually. Just ask the oracle 'Are the parasites being mutated and/or propagated against KI'Tork's will?' and I'll be satisfied. (I can see the irony.) I'm willing to help pay for the answer."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: January 08, 2015, 07:41:51 pm »

"I'm not trying to cover for him, I just think that we should assess the situation more carefully before we kill a god. God-killing should not be an affair to be taken so casually. Just ask the oracle 'Are the parasites being mutated and/or propagated against KI'Tork's will?' and I'll be satisfied. (I can see the irony.) I'm willing to help pay for the answer."

"If you believe that, pay yourself, or make him pay for it. Even if that was the case, he is at fault for not informing me or anyone else about the monsters. I would have been able to defeat them easily with no loss of life if given the chance to fight outside a city...He will be punished at my hands for his sins."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: January 08, 2015, 07:46:34 pm »

"I'm a bit low on Essence so I don't want to pay in full. Also, how big are these parasites? How do these parasites even work? Do they force their host to attack the uninfected? To they feed off of their hosts, reproduce inside of them, and then exit their now-dead host? Why don't the Armu just fly into space? Surely the parasites can't survive in space."

A request is made to Good cities to help with the parasite plague.

EDIT: "Looking through the records, Cim and Grauel spent a lot of Essence on some secret actions. I'm not implying anything but it's interesting to note."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:49:24 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: January 08, 2015, 08:18:26 pm »

"I'm a bit low on Essence so I don't want to pay in full. Also, how big are these parasites? How do these parasites even work? Do they force their host to attack the uninfected? To they feed off of their hosts, reproduce inside of them, and then exit their now-dead host? Why don't the Armu just fly into space? Surely the parasites can't survive in space."

"I don't know, but I already killed the ones in the Armu city. The problem is solved, at least for there."

EDIT: "Looking through the records, Cim and Grauel spent a lot of Essence on some secret actions. I'm not implying anything but it's interesting to note."

"If they dropped that many essence into this, we would have something that was probably just as if not more powerful then Yaos's Stone Men or the Demon invasion."

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 475