Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 608440 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T88: Soap from monsters
« Reply #5175 on: January 09, 2015, 01:43:55 am »

Propose that all communications to the Void by gods or their angels will be logged every Tick.
Propose the above with the addendum that all communications will be recorded as well.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #5176 on: January 09, 2015, 01:52:29 am »

Exciting events indeed. A teleporting arrow struck me before as well but it didn't hurt and I was eating so I ignored it. Must be a fad or something.
Hey, someone shot a vine arrow at me through a portal too!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: January 09, 2015, 02:14:54 am »

In situations like this the only logical course of action is for us to all pick someone we dislike or an easy target and pin the blame on them despite the lack of credible evidence.

I say we BURN THE LICH!

Unless someone had a better suggestion?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: January 09, 2015, 06:31:36 am »

"No no. That's a decent enough suggestion."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: January 09, 2015, 06:52:03 am »

"Over 50 Ticks ago, we passed a proposal to form a committee for safe Void research. I say we should try and actually do that. I volunteer to be part of this committee, but would anyone else like to try to learn how the universe works, firsthand and without resorting to uncertain knowledge from sources unknown?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T89: Trouble brewing
« Reply #5180 on: January 09, 2015, 07:30:30 am »

Tick 89: Trouble brewing

Much of the largest Kobold city has been leveled by a blast of unknown origin, killing thousands of Kobolds.

Despite a recently passed proposal banning the use of magic among Void-worshippers, Void influence has more than doubled on both worlds.

Melyssa:
"Eeheehee! Look at my knotted arms!"
"That sounds like a good idea."

Grauel has collected some more parasite samples, eating a few, feeding a few to the Gruen, and storing some away for later. They are crunchy and probably quite useful for Gruen despite the unusually slow redevelopment resulting from the parasites.

Fortuna has drawn K♠. The lucky man has drawn J♠.

Bandits continue not to attack the traders, surprisingly. It may be a result of luck of some sort.

Malakath has created 300 000 Tailwyrms between Keshan and Slytha around the castle recently built by Khaziraad and started the creation of the order of the Knights of Restoration. (I'm not alert enough to trust my brain to produce reasonable names.)

Another order of knights, the Knights of the Burning Day, have formed on the same day far away from the Knights of Restoration. Somehow, they know of the Knights of Restoration and look down on them.

Malakath has begun fighting the parasites in person on Keshan with 50 Bellatores. Many of the parasites appear not to have souls and soon manage to implant themselves in 15 Bellatores, who seem to have become slightly magical parasites. The ones that do have souls are mostly degraded to the point where eating them feels like a Human eating paper.

Neron has descended on a heavily infested city to search for the source of the monsters and destroy any in the way. It appears they reproduce by converting the living.

A few of the Good cities are likewise infested and can do little to help. Many everywhere call for total quarantine of infested cities.

Oracle
Q: "I ask you, have KI'Tork's parasites been manipulated by forces other than himself?"
A: "Yes."

Viminal has come to drain the strange statue Kyloth was attempting to destroy. It seems to be decaying slowly with active effort from Viminal.

Khaziraad has created a mystic marketplace.

This update's constellations are the Human and Pentagram. Solar activity continues to be elevated for the Slythan sun.

(Malakath: -4E, Quéßäre: -3E, Atropos: +2E, Khaziraad: -2E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (5) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (3) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Dance, Rain, Fire, and Destruction. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Degradation and Inutility.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: January 09, 2015, 08:35:10 am »

Despite a recently passed proposal banning the use of magic among Void-worshippers, Void influence has more than doubled on both worlds.
"I had an idea something like this would happen. If it really would've weakened the Void then they would've done something to prevent it. Anyone have any idea what's going on? Maybe we should roll back the proposal?"

The people who used to make Void pacts for mundane things are checked to see if they're still making these pacts despite the fact that they can do it on their own now.

Malakath has created 300 000 Tailwyrms between Keshan and Slytha around the castle recently built by Khaziraad and started the creation of the order of the Knights of Restoration. (I'm not alert enough to trust my brain to produce reasonable names.)

Another order of knights, the Knights of the Burning Day, have formed on the same day far away from the Knights of Restoration. Somehow, they know of the Knights of Restoration and look down on them.

Malakath has begun fighting the parasites in person on Keshan with 50 Bellatores. Many of the parasites appear not to have souls and soon manage to implant themselves in 15 Bellatores, who seem to have become slightly magical parasites. The ones that do have souls are mostly degraded to the point where eating them feels like a Human eating paper.
(I originally wanted them to be split between the two worlds but then I just decided to have them build their city around the castle and I forgot to edit out the Keshan/Slythan part. Also, the actual knights themselves were specifically created and are multi-racial. The 300,000 Tailwyrms I made were extra.)

The Burning Days are asked about their organisation and their views on the Bellators.

"It seems these things are capable of somehow piercing a combination of heavy plate armour and blood armour. This is really rather unfortunate." I order all remaining Bellators to retreat. I eat the souls of the Bellators who've been infected, destroying their bodies in the process, and reviving them away from all the parasites. I use chi sense (chi is life energy) to see if these parasites are alive. I also make sure none of the other Bellators are infected. Besides checking their status as living beings, what else do I know about them? How big are they? How do they infect people? How do they reproduce? What do they do to a host? How intelligent are they when in a host?

Oracle
Q: "I ask you, have KI'Tork's parasites been manipulated by forces other than himself?"
A: "Yes."
"The problem here is that either "manipulated" could be interpreted to also mean destroyed, damaged, injured, etc. or it could mean that he had the Void help him with their creation and evolution, thus being manipulated by something other than KI'Tork."

86.00: Lift the limitation on magic (3-2/16) [PASSED]
"I guess it's always been this way even before this proposal was passed but I guess I'm the defacto goddess of Magic the same way a goddess of Alcohol is defacto goddess of Beer."

(Aside from Soul magic, I think I should get Influence income from magic-use in general. All magic is reliant on souls, after all. I would get more influence from Soul and blood magic, of course, but still.)

I send my 21 angel priests around the worlds (where they're allowed) to spread the word that all mortals are now capable of using magic thanks to a proposal spearheaded by Lord Malakath Lecta and supported by Melyssa and Quéßäre. They are also taught to be careful with their newfound abilities as overuse could damage or kill their souls. Malakathian temples will provide tutorials on how to properly channel and use magic without burnout. Since all magic is reliant on souls, mages are informed that Malakath can be considered the defacto goddess of Magic and that worshipping her is in their best interests even if they're not Soul mages.

(You know, I really love the spheres I chose. I honestly had no idea that magic was in any way related to souls - Necromancy excluded - and now I learn that ALL magic is reliant on my sphere! I guess this pretty much makes me the most powerful mage out.)

"I'll reform blood bonds in a little while." (Past midnight and I need sleep.)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: January 09, 2015, 09:41:22 am »

Send Azxar to the ruins of the kobold city to see what happened there. Order him to help the survivors.

Create Uthon, a warhammer made out of emerald and copper. Give it to the person torturing himself to reward his royalty and turn him into the Second Archfiend.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: January 09, 2015, 10:02:57 am »

"Wtf happened to my Kobolds! I Told Them Not To Steal From Gods!"
KI'Tork warps his body to the ruins and immediately starts investigating them.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: January 09, 2015, 10:09:55 am »

"Attacking innocent Kobolds now Fusil."

The Saints are to set up a relief service for the Kobolds.

"I do believe QueBare it would be in your best intrest to show me the way to Arenne. Let us see how Goodness stands against two gods."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: January 09, 2015, 10:27:47 am »

86.01:ACCEPTED.
88.01:ACCEPTED.

"I wholeheartedly accept the idea of Burning The Lich!"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:41:02 am by LuckyKobold »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: January 09, 2015, 10:42:56 am »

"What is Arenne, if you don't mind my asking?"

"I see that your Essence level is somewhat small, Probably because you gave 5 to me, If you wish I'll gladly return the favor."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: January 09, 2015, 11:27:53 am »

Azem sighs.

"Enough! You shortsighted petty useless wastes of essence! Enough. Mistrust. Paranoia. Deception, or, malicious deception if Quéßäre insists. These are the true enemy. The true force that will destroy us all, and everything we have worked for. Am I the only one, of all the divines, who realizes this?"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: January 09, 2015, 11:35:36 am »

"Over 50 Ticks ago, we passed a proposal to form a committee for safe Void research. I say we should try and actually do that. I volunteer to be part of this committee, but would anyone else like to try to learn how the universe works, firsthand and without resorting to uncertain knowledge from sources unknown?"

I would very much be interested in something like this. I alluded to the fact that if Void worship was unaffected by our banning of magic by Void worshipers, that there must be some other reason that the mortals keep worshiping it.

I would like to know this reason.

Fortuna has drawn K♠. The lucky man has drawn J♠.

Produce the next card in my pile

Bandits continue not to attack the traders, surprisingly. It may be a result of luck of some sort.

Investigate this nonsense. Appear to the bandits, defend myself non-lethally should they get belliegerent.

Visit some mines, help them find some small veins of incredibly valuable materials, and survive any cave-ins/gas explosions/mining accidents. Usual donation + worship = continued success incentive.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #5189 on: January 09, 2015, 01:27:15 pm »

The Lunagee will be sent to purge any parasites it can find. The Lunagee should be immune to infection, being made out of dust and able to teleport into space...
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 475